PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

In jimmy we trust :WORSHIP: , take your time and enjoy.

Played about 3 minutes on regular so far. The change from 2009 is massive. It passes even better again. The response times so far not an issue at all. the reason is exactly what we'd hoped and what jflores said. Its about getting the ball under control as is now moves to freely and fluid. The ball bounces lovely and the reason the players now need to take it under control before they can move it on.

I tried R2 and the Spanish players take it beautifully under control that way, or without using R2 you can move the ball out of your stride. Iniesta's touch is outstanding.

Playing on regular for my first game, just scored with Sergio Ramos. A new shooting animation, took it well. He has a goods shot for a full back. This was after 8 lovely patient passes to put him though down the wing.

3 mins played, already you can tell what a difference it is. Right off to play more. Saved Ramos goal will upload it later. Need to get back to this.

Last edited:
After playing FIFA since it's demo came out, it's taken me about an hour to get back into a PES mindset. I think this is where a lot of people will go wrong, you need time and lots of games to see the differences as opposed to 09.

The game itself feels totally different, I love the speed. It accomodates both the gradual build up as well as the fast break. The shooting is brilliant, some excellent touches in there too, with Carragher attempting a half volley from a corner, and it bobbling about 12 yards wide.

Response times are iffy, but WENB's Adam was very pleased that these had really been tightened up in his review copy. He'd expressed concern at them, and it appears to be what we are seeing now. It's not horrific, anyway.

It's lost the robot feel, despite still being a bit static compared to the lush movement and animation of FIFA. But PES has always been like this, I'm used to it, and frankly, it's almost unnoticable.

Early build? Probably. Does that worry me though? Not particularly. Sadly, this may turn a few off, who think that this is what they are getting in October. If this is the foundation, I know that I'm going to love the finished product. It feels like PES again, with the visuals giving it that edge.

been playing a good hour or so..

- passing and shooting takes so so long, i was playing pes 6 this morning and this just feels awful. not sure about realism here to be honest, it takes ages to do anything.
- opposition players do really weird things, when i broke into the box, one of them came to tackle me, but moved away really fast. looked really strange and unnatural
- that damn running animation is STILL there

i cant believe that this is what pes has come to - if this is the standard now then its gone so far downhill its ridiculous!

BUT

it does look amazing though, the graphics do have some kind of sparkle!

The general feeling is that people arent very happy with the demo with things not at all right. Who would complain if the game was delayed and the fixes were done? Put out a respectable game that people want, if this is the newest code it doesnt bode well

I will see the comments on here and then decide to even bother downloading later on. I really aint into Pes anymore so this game has to be special for me to buy.

The general feeling is that people arent very happy with the demo with things not at all right. Who would complain if the game was delayed and the fixes were done? Put out a respectable game that people want, if this is the newest code it doesnt bode well

I'm not getting that general feeling, seems more 50/50 to me, but it's still very early.

Just played my first game. Won 1-0, Spain v Germany.

Differences for me a huge.

Response times on this code isnt an issue for me at all, far from it, its much more realistic. Passing, better than ever, you seen need to look what on but the way Torres and Villa were making runs with huge purpose after I'd adjusted the sliders was dramatic.

Animations I like, much more fluid. Pulled off a new trick with Iniesta off the PES 2010 trailer video, looked class and worked a treat, bought him a valuable yard. I pressed the change man button with the left stick. Not tried to right stick yet.

Passes, through balls are more varied in speed and precision, much better. Dribbling is much easier and completely less rigid than 09 and SO much batter for it. Lighting is awesome, no commentary but the crowd react very well. Anfield looks beautiful. Only day time option though.

Speed in this code certainly isnt slow at all, but it just moves so fluid, feels the same as 2009 but need another go. Easier to tackle standing, will be hard to do do the Messi runs now.

One game, and very, very impressed. If your a PES fan and dont really bother with Fifa I think you will love it. Need to play more now and try some new tricks. Back later.

Zee, your going fuck love this mate. :WOOT: Not seen any auto challenges.

Perhaps some running animations, mate. How are you finding the sound effects, mainly the kicking noises? Same as last years?

Sound effects are pretty standard fair. Nothing new of note. The crowd chant on and on like zombies. Exact same "yaw-ing" over and over. The gameplay just needs faster response times for me.

Kicking noises aren't THAT bad.

Here's some vids with running in them. Will do a tele cam in a sec.

YouTube - PES 2010 Demo - Gourcuff to Benzema to Goal

Maybe there is a proble with response times on PC version that is not on XBox or PS3...¿? Please, tell us the version you are playing...

It seems that some animations are missing and hopefully there will put into the game before release. I reckon this code is newer than gamescom when there where all 09 animations but older than the review code which has lot more animations in.

Remember it take 2-3 weeks for Sony and Microsoft to give the green light so it was always going to be at least a month old.

Maybe there is a proble with response times on PC version that is not on XBox or PS3...¿? Please, tell us the version you are playing...
I was playing the 360 version. But so are other people who say they're fine, and their demo is no different to mine. I think if you love the core of PES you'll be able to overlook it.

They are claiming on WENB that the demo code is from July?
How come a Konami rep was saying it was later than Gamescom yesterday? Is this just another monumental Konami PR cock-up I wonder?

It's a newer build from the one at Gamescon. A Konami rep called Richie confirmed this on another Pro Evo website.

EDIT:
its not an old code!
response times are clearly better than at gamescom;)

Last edited:
my reaction: meh

much better tactically compared to FIFA, if only they incorporated some aspects of FIFA's near-perfect dribbling system this game would be so much better. It's PES5 with knobs on. finer angles of movement with dribbling are noticeable while using just the stick and while holding RT.

No thank you.

Can you mess around with the tactics in the demo?

Can you mess around with the tactics in the demo?
Yep, tons more options now tactically. Plethora of options, even in other areas - I love that instead of just having "auto-subs off/on" now you've got loads more options. Auto-sub when getting tired, auto-sub when quite tired, auto-sub when absolutely knackered... Really good.

They are claiming on WENB that the demo code is from July?

nah mate they aint, someone said that tho so you are true in a way but what they are saying is that adam has newer code cause in his alonso is at real madrid and in our demo he is at liverpool:))

Hi Guys

PES Impressions

- Gameplay has slowed down heaps since 09 and the passing is a big bonus. Long Balls feel different, i just did a couple of sweet Xabi Alonso switches and it felt great.( big fan of that)
- Graphics out of this world; for e.g David Silva and Xavi Hernandez WOW
- Defensively the game has improved heaps, no more running around the field with Messi and beating the whole team, this time if you beat 1 you can be sure the next defender will take you out.
- Shooting has improved, had a couple of nice sidefoot finishes with Torres.
-Crowd Involvement; As the home side you will receive plenty of support, when the opposition has the ball there'll be plenty of whistling and booing but once you pull out a great challenge against an opposition from the away side you'll hear the positive roars from the crowd. However that horrible 'wiverpool' chant is still evident.
- Goalkeepers; had a few good shots saved and the initially the ones that were parried were parried to the side instead of the center, however in my last game i scored a typical PES 09 goal which was a shame, but hey that happens in football sometimes ala Yossi Benayoun and Dirk Kuyt- Liverpool V Burnley :P

Any other questions fire away.

Ill try to get some video footage up ( though the quality is average taking it with my camera phone)

The delay in passing the ball is annoying.

Passes go to the wrong players when using the stick.

Has anyone noticed on top player that the AI keep trying to unlock my defence with chipped through ball.

Passing could do with a power bar at least for through balls, the AI doent seem to recognize the amount of pressure applied to the pad.

Like the slow tempo and the way the AI keep the ball but then they give it away with that stupid chip through pass.

And the running animations are still awful and don't look right old gen ones still look better IMO.

Yep, tons more options now tactically. Plethora of options, even in other areas - I love that instead of just having "auto-subs off/on" now you've got loads more options. Auto-sub when getting tired, auto-sub when quite tired, auto-sub when absolutely knackered... Really good.

:COOL:

Has anyone noticed whether DM's actually cover and defend, do they still appear in the final third of the pitch for no reason?

What I'm trying to get as is whether the covering option has finally been replaced with a system that actually works.

Played about 3 minutes on regular so far. The change from 2009 is massive. It passes even better again. The response times so far not an issue at all. the reason is exactly what we'd hoped and what jflores said. Its about getting the ball under control as is now moves to freely and fluid. The ball bounces lovely and the reason the players now need to take it under control before they can move it on.

I tried R2 and the Spanish players take it beautifully under control that way, or without using R2 you can move the ball out of your stride. Iniesta's touch is outstanding.

Playing on regular for my first game, just scored with Sergio Ramos. A new shooting animation, took it well. He has a goods shot for a full back. This was after 8 lovely patient passes to put him though down the wing.

3 mins played, already you can tell what a difference it is. Right off to play more. Saved Ramos goal will upload it later. Need to get back to this.

This is the first real positive review of the demo I have read so far and has picked my mood up again. I dont want to buy the Fifa 10 game. It bores me to be honest.

I enjoy PES 2009 despite its problems having bought a pre-owned version around 2 months ago.

R u telling us this game is infact quite good and not just reviewing it with PES tinted glasses on?

Please be honest with me mate. I cant download it til later after work but I have been really looking forward to it ;)

Has the square + X feint gone everytime i go to do it, the player just shoots

And the crosses always seem over hit even if you just tap the button

This is the first real positive review of the demo I have read so far and has picked my mood up again. I dont want to buy the Fifa 10 game. It bores me to be honest.

I enjoy PES 2009 despite its problems having bought a pre-owned version around 2 months ago.

R u telling us this game is infact quite good and not just reviewing it with PES tinted glasses on?

Please be honest with me mate. I cant download it til later after work but I have been really looking forward to it ;)
:LMAO:

Just played a few games and my first impressions are very good. This game is a leap forward from PES2009 in nearly every way.

Response times are not really an issue for me, they seem fine. The game is nicely paced and flows the way PES always has.

Haven't played about with the tactics yet but there is load of options.

And the graphics....:...:...:...

Animations are not where I would like them to be considering the fuss made about mo-cap, etc. But they are more than functional and the players move much better.

Crowd chants are not good unfortunately.

Menus are better than I thought, and are nice and snappy. Menu music is much better. I was greeted with some Chemical Brothers when I first loaded it up.

Very pleased. It feels more like a return to the PES of old. Not a PES5 killer on first impressions, but true PES fans will love this. Those that have converted to Fifa will not see much to love however.

feels like 2009 with much better graphics

i'm not enjoying it to be honest after ten games, still feels stiff and the player movements are still 2008/2009 ish, the ball also feels too heavy for my liking. graphically its excellent though so major kudos to Konami for that but everything else i'm not enjoying.

i'm not a fan of the FIFA series either to say its got great animations etc looks like i'm fucked for football games this year then ;)

Back
Top Bottom