PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

MJ - how are you recording your gameplay? Is there a button like F12 that lets you record or are you using something like fraps?

It's better than 2009. No doubt about that. I think we will have a decent game. More fluid, some nice animations. Better crosses, nice ball physics (except for most low passes), better shooting. Players are no more supermen passing 150 degrees ball perfectly to the feet without falling.
Like someone said before, Konami makes 2 steps forward and 1 step backward. What happend to shoot feint and R2 running ?
Bad things are also running animations, ball and whistle sound, some shooting animations when shoting from a side (they are improved but still far from perfection). Some low passes still feel like bowling ball. Goalkeepers sometimes act like high on drugs, the defence leaves a big hole in the middle not seing guy with the ball.
I think it's not very big improvement over 2009 but overall it can be fun.
2009 for me was 6/10 . This one is 7/10 .

Just first impressions.

Jeez Coopz. You simulate what you covet. Thats player individuality, ball physics and response times. All those are paramount for a true football simulation. Football is an instinctive game, made up of 11 individuals collectively combined to create a team.

PES 2010 excells in all those areas.

I cant say anything to that to be honest because i feel the total opposite to them 3 things you said

If you enjoy it though fair enough, to me though its a long way from simulation

man not having played the demo yet because of ps3 reasons, but after watching all the videos comming out i have got mixed thoughts on the game, partley because that the videos that are comming out are showing good things people have done and seen in the game and then the others are bugs or some very dogy dogy animations, hope they somehow are hidden in the actual game, am well pissed they havent given us the most recent code aswell, all i can say is wrong in the game is animations, there are not enough decent ones by the looks of it, dont get me wrong some look brilliant and look like what would happen in real life but other are just scary game breaking poor, best example is that toure one where he does kick up and volleys the ball away, yh it possible to do kick up with the side of the foot but who would do it that way and the volley animation at the end is one we see messi do in that mo cap session, i wouldnt use it for that tho and the fact the animation is for kicking the ball forward but it some how goes to the side of the foot a scews off to wher the guy was wanting to pass it, all i can say to them animations is what the fuck, not that bothered about the bad goalkeeping errors cause most of them that i have seen look like bugs and the others are something that could and does happen in real life. hopefully playing the game can make me feel better about the actual game and i will sure hammer the demo for the next few weeks before i make the choice of do i have to buy fifa or not. Not that excited to play the demo anymore but more scared of what i might see.

So is this garbage?

I can guess already it is a slowed down, clumsly, clunky, yet graphically fantastic (on replays) version of PES 2009, with terrible physics, players on rails, with poor AI, and all passes going straight to feet.

Fair?

So Carragher dribbles like that in real life does he? Of course he doesn't, it looks ridiculous. I'm not entirely sure what direction Seabass is looking to take with PES, but it doesn't seem to be doing a lot right now.

The video is entitled 'New Tricks' though, so I'm obviously comparing tricks. The dribbling is a separate issue, which I agree does look better in PES6, but I don't really find it an issue when playing the 2010 game :)).

So is this garbage?

I can guess already it is a slowed down, clumsly, clunky, yet graphically fantastic (on replays) version of PES 2009, with terrible physics, players on rails, with poor AI, and all passes going straight to feet.

Fair?

I agree with the slowed down, clunky part, but the physics aren't that terrible and the AI is OK on top player in my experience. The rails have been removed as far as I can see (on the PC version at least) and yeah passes to tend to go to feet often, but I have also seen a lot of mis-placed passes. So I'd say it's more in the region of 80/20. If you are comparing PES to FIFA though, I'd say PES was on semi-passing.

Played one match, and had enough of that. In what way does it represents real football? Serious question, I can't see where. Sure the graphics are nice and shiny, and there are a few tricks here and there, but what about the gameplay, it's atrocious (and that's being nice)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a FIFA convert, after loving the PES series for ages, but this is utter rubbish. Did Seabass change his team or something, cos something went wrong, somewhere.

Anyway, I won't touch it again, FIFA all the way again for me this year.

Played one match, and had enough of that. In what way does it represents real football? Serious question, I can't see where. Sure the graphics are nice and shiny, and there are a few tricks here and there, but what about the gameplay, it's atrocious (and that's being nice)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a FIFA convert, after loving the PES series for ages, but this is utter rubbish. Did Seabass change his team or something, cos something went wrong, somewhere.

Ha ha, you weren't exactly going into it with an open mind though were you!

Wow! There's actually some really good ball physics at work in this game. Just had a ball take a wicked deflection after a 50-50 challenge, the ball had some serious backspin (looking at the pattern of the ball) and the way it almost stopped dead on it's first bounce and then started moving back in the opposite direction after the second bounced look so realistic. Had something similar happen again with a deflection off a player's shin that gave the ball heavy sidespin.

If you are comparing PES to FIFA though, I'd say PES was on semi-passing.
I respect your opinion but I play FIFA on semi-passing and that's a bit of an insult!

I pressed 180 degrees on the stick before, and the pass literally went off by 90 degrees to a different guy. That would never happen in FIFA on semi-passing and that's something that's important to me.

If it isn't to you or someone else then I don't have a problem with that and I hope everyone enjoys the game, but for me personally, if the passing directions etc. were like this in FIFA, I'd have a huge problem with it (as you know I do with the attacking AI etc. in FIFA). So it's nothing like semi-passing as far as I'm concerned.

As for the positive/negative comments, I think it's plain to see that if you liked / could stand PES 2009 you'll like this, if you didn't / couldn't then you won't. Jimmy etc. will feel elated, whereas Vondave has got it 100% bang on in my personal opinion (I won't quote it so as not to look like a troll, which I'm not, because I'm not blind enough to think that that e.g. the tactical system isn't far superior). I don't like it and I won't comment in here again about it, so good luck to those who do.

Last edited:
no matter what you think of the rest of the game, but why oh why can't ea get the shooting just like it is in this demo? you can feel the weight of the ball, it just feels so good.

i won't comment on anything else cause i only played a match so far, but shooting is just brilliant.

For those who are saying the fake shot isnt in. It definately is, and alot smoother than its has ever been before. You press shoot then X to cancel it. It's always been like that unless your talking about something else ?

The players abilities determine alot of the subtle natural tricks depending on their stats.

have played the game quite a few times would definately have to say this game is for the old skoolers of pro evo as far as the fifa boys go they just dont get it, for me the pace is just perfect great build up each player is individualized unlike fifa, i jus dont get it how people like fifa this year if they are a real soccer purist, i cant tell the difference who im controlling in fifa everyone is exactly the same only a few may stand out like messi ronaldo ibra big deal, thats my opinion anyway

I respect your opinion but I play FIFA on semi-passing and that's a bit of an insult!

I pressed 180 degrees on the stick before, and the pass literally went off by 90 degrees to a different guy. That would never happen in FIFA on semi-passing and that's something that's important to me.

If it isn't with someone else then I don't have a problem with that and I hope everyone enjoys the game, but for me personally, if the passing directions etc. were like this in FIFA, I'd have a huge problem with it (as you know I do with the attacking AI in FIFA etc.). So it's nothing like semi-passing as far as I'm concerned.

OK, maybe that was rash comparison. I do play on manual as you know, so I am really talking from experience of 09. I meant more in terms of successful passes though rather than the direction. My experience of semi in 09 is that a majority of the passes are to your player's feet, but some are wayward and either don't reach or miss. This is what I'm getting on PES 2010 if you see what I mean.

with the advances they've made in the visual area, it's shocking to see stuff like that. its simply embarrassing

Jeez I can't wait to play this thing. I pretty much knew who would say what before they even said it. :LOL:

So if you liked PES 2009 you will love this and if you hate PES/Konami/Seabass/baby seals you shouldn't have downloaded the demo in the first place.

23rd October cant come fast enough.

I wonder if a lot of the errors/bugs are down to the computer specs. I mean the framerate looks pretty bad on that Reina mistake. Mines silky smooth and I haven't seen anything like that

opinion time - vastly better than 09, has got the pes6 feel back to it which is plus, it still hasn't stepped up big time but couldn't really expect much more than this so im pleased with this years pes, a purchase sounds like plan

after playing the demo, i agree.
as said before: they have to quit with this engine, don't bring out any game in next 3 years and build up a complete new one.
This sucks (and as a former PES-junkie, i hate to say it)

ok then bye bye

Back
Top Bottom