PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

only people being negative about the demo would have to be the fifa boys, all i can say fellas PES is back,

People need to realise that EVERYONE on this forum came here originally because they loved PES. People's opinions have changed since joining and a LOT of people have become disillusioned with PES and now moved to FIFA.

Nothing to do with "FIFA boys", it's "people fed up with PES stagnating boys" really.

We all want PES to be "back" as I'm sure we want to play the same PES that brought us to this site.

The response time really needs to improve. This has nothing to do with Physics at all (as previously suggested). Something should happen when i press the button, atleast an animation. Right now it's a pause, and then the action.

People need to realise that EVERYONE on this forum came here originally because they loved PES. People's opinions have changed since joining and a LOT of people have become disillusioned with PES and now moved to FIFA.

Nothing to do with "FIFA boys", it's "people fed up with PES stagnating boys" really.

We all want PES to be "back" as I'm sure we want to play the same PES that brought us to this site.

absolutely nailed it mate. people need to stop with that. it's disrespectful to long time posters such as myself. these are cold hard facts after having played football(real life semi-pro and videogames) for YEARS.

Fantastic post

here's another oh no!

Different category then the Reina one, but together with the one posted by Kouroux i'm starting to fear the quality of goalkeeping. I mean wtf???? Why doesnt the keeper react?
Mind you, i havent played the demo myself yet.

Let's just hope it's a demo glitch

absolutely nailed it mate. people need to stop with that. it's disrespectful to long time posters such as myself. these are cold hard facts after having played football(real life semi-pro and videogames) for YEARS.

As someone who used to buy all the Winning eleven games including the j league versions I find it funny to be called a Fifa player who doesnt get what Pro is.

Here's a positive one, now i dont know what to think anymore

You don't know what to think? There are obviously bugs in the demo (and hopefully not the full game) that make the keepers do those mistakes, that's why they can also make great saves, it's not like they are self aware beings.

+1 for you, Dags. Spot-on.

Yup, same here mate. I'd bought every installment of PES since it's birth and evolution on the SNES under ISS guise.

Last year was the first time I've neglected to buy a PES game, with PES9. I'm always hoping it can regain what it seems to have lost. Really looking forward to downloading the demo when I get home, but a bit taken aback by the negative comments. The main thing is that everyone has different tastes and needs from a game. All these negative comments could be irrelevent to me if I enjoy it and am perfectly happy with it. I'm certainly not fussed at all about the shape or movement of the nets, so that's one criticism off my list, for a start.

Each to their own. I loved Fifa 09 even though it too had problems. Fifa 10 is even better, so PES has a way to go to climb back to the top of my personal preference chart, but I'm always hoping it can do just that.

great post. some of the negative stuff is just out of frustration.

People will highlight the negatives. I've played 8 games now, mostly on Top Player and no game has ended with more than one goal. I havent scored in 6 games.

The keepers have been very good from what I have saw. They anticipate and get off their line super quick. Will be very difficult to round them now without a fake. They are very aggressive and narrow the angle very quickly.

The ai closes you down very quickly. You really need to be a step ahead of everything you do. That is very similar to real life. Especially at the higest level, you get very little time and 1st touch is essential.

It's alot harder than PES 2009. But for the better. I'm struggling on Top Player and just drew 0-0 again on Regular. The demo is too short though. It's over before its started.

Finding the little tricks hard, will need time to master those, but for me thats how it should be. The weight of pass varies excellently from player to player and the way the ball now bounces means its harder to take instant control, unless your using the top players.

I have had the odd response issue then I thought he could have took the shot, but there was a slight delay, that wasnt really required. But overall I'm happy the way this has been implemented. You need to keep your finger off the sprint button and play football. Otherwise you will get the ball nicked off your foot, for showing too much of it to the opposing player.

I like this, no more cheating with sprinting from now on. The best football player should win, which is how a football game should be.

The biggest thrill is having to relearn the game. It looks so bloody deep.

The worst thing about last years demo was the player vs player high scores. If it's harder to score goals in this one then I guess that's a decent step up.

Yup, same here mate. I'd bought every installment of PES since it's birth and evolution on the SNES under ISS guise.

Last year was the first time I've neglected to buy a PES game, with PES9. I'm always hoping it can regain what it seems to have lost. Really looking forward to downloading the demo when I get home, but a bit taken aback by the negative comments. The main thing is that everyone has different tastes and needs from a game. All these negative comments could be irrelevent to me if I enjoy it and am perfectly happy with it. I'm certainly not fussed at all about the shape or movement of the nets, so that's one criticism off my list, for a start.

Each to their own. I loved Fifa 09 even though it too had problems. Fifa 10 is even better, so PES has a way to go to climb back to the top of my personal preference chart, but I'm always hoping it can do just that.

Fully agree with you. Cant wait to start playing tonight. I ignored pes2008 and 2009 completely after giving it a few tries. They just never gave me that YES!!! feeling which i always had after playing a new pes.
I started playing this series on the ps1, bought every single game that came out, except for 2009.
I'm currently still enjoying my pes6, with the latest ISS 2010 patch, brilliant stuff with all those kits stadius faces etc.
I really hope pes2010 will bring those old feelings back. If that happens, and the patching community gets going it will be great

You guys have access to the demo and all you want to do is post videos of bugs? Do it when the game comes out.

It's a demo FFS.

After the last 2 installments this is bound to happen.
Besides that, in the last 2 pes games most bugs that were in the demo, were also in the final game. So the "its only a demo" is not a good excuse

I'm still in the midst of downloading the demo.

But can I just ask, hows the 360 dribbling? Better, on par, or worse than FIFAs? Do you have to hold down a shoulder button or all dribbling 360 degrees?

i have been playing the game for the last 2hrs and really trying to like but it is not working for me. i even played PES5 to compare and that was a better game. The animations and the ball physics are just not right, not after i have seen how a current gen sport game can be like. This game could have been good on PS2 but on the current generation its just a decent game and i know that there is a better game on the other side.

Not much has been said in way of the 360 dribbling, in fairness. Anyone?

360 is in there for sure but I think it will take pes players a while to shake off that familiar style of play and start to explore it fully.

It has lead to some nice attacking runs during play for me.

I didn't notice any 360 driblling at all.

I played a few matches earlier, with my cousin, whos a long time PES player like I was (he still plays it on PS2), and we were both disappointed in general.

For the 3rd year in a row, no PES for me.

After the last 2 installments this is bound to happen.
Besides that, in the last 2 pes games most bugs that were in the demo, were also in the final game. So the "its only a demo" is not a good excuse

Fair enough, but we know how old the code is - in addition to this people are reporting problems from the demo that were present in earlier code but have purportedly been fixed in the review code. It's then fair to assume (if these reports are true) that there is a good chance the demo bugs will be sorted.

The bugs might be in the final game, they might not be. Bit of a waste of time if turns out they aren't... My underlying point is, just have fun with the demo, enjoy the good things about the game, get a feel for it, try things out, see what's new and better. If the bugs from the demo are still in the final game, moan all you want, cause if they are i'll definitely be joining you in that.

Are chipped through balls used by the CPU still as effective as they were in 2009? Hoping for a negative answer :)

Played a couple of more at lunch time, shooting is good, even if the shoting animations are sometimes not very smooth (seems there is some sort of slow mo to adapt the player to the needed animation) and the contact point is way too far away from the feet.

I can't really like the passing though, too static and linear and that takes away a lot of fun an exctiment from the game. Ball deflection still seems to be forced by some sort of magic.

Dunno i regularly play pes6 on and off line, we9lek so i can't really say i am too impressed. I can't see myself playing this game for a long time unless on line is really really good or the masterleague turns out to be fun.

Is it so complicated to put in decent running animations??

Fair enough, but we know how old the code is - in addition to this people are reporting problems from the demo that were present in earlier code but have purportedly been fixed in the review code. It's then fair to assume (if these reports are true) that there is a good chance the demo bugs will be sorted.

The bugs might be in the final game, they might not be. Bit of a waste of time if turns out they aren't... My underlying point is, just have fun with the demo, enjoy the good things about the game, get a feel for it, try things out, see what's new and better. If the bugs from the demo are still in the final game, moan all you want, cause if they are i'll definitely be joining you in that.

I'm still at work (although not doing too much :P) Ill start playing tonight. I agree about just having fun with the demo. Lets hope its a good one. I will not be buying the game upon release. First i want to see some reactions about the online part.

All I can say is what a god damn awful game of footy this is.
Not fluid at all. I reckon I could manage a few more games on it but in all honesty, it's got more stutter than this kid I used to go to school with!
Wank / 10

All I can say is what a god damn awful game of footy this is.
Not fluid at all. I reckon I could manage a few more games on it but in all honesty, it's got more stutter than this kid I used to go to school with!
Wank / 10

LOL, old members are always the most fun!!!

It is a fun day, i had a couple of laughters reading the wenb's forum too!!

Back
Top Bottom