PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

Jeez I can't wait to play this thing. I pretty much knew who would say what before they even said it. :LOL:

So if you liked PES 2009 you will love this and if you hate PES/Konami/Seabass/baby seals you shouldn't have downloaded the demo in the first place.

23rd October cant come fast enough.

That's so true.

'We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.'

Played 3 matches now

Pros: Some of the lighting/graphics are very nice, pitch texture is good, stadium looks good, more populated than Fifa.
Cons: Animations are stiff, some of the transitions very bad, ball physics are iffy, especially when dribbling, ball moves strangely along the ground, ball moves without the foot actually touching it.

oh man! that is just FUCKING BRILLIANT! pes is back! im so happy! fifa can go to hell again! sorry fifa but this im going back to my ex!

It doesn't have to be one or the other, you can still sleep with both bitches.
It's as if you have to choose between the 2

That's class in any language!:APPLAUD:

Seriously is it that class ? I mean the inclusion of the movement is nice but he does with the side of his foot.It ruins this "juggling-running"

Last edited:
Played 3 matches now

Pros: Some of the lighting/graphics are very nice, pitch texture is good, stadium looks good, more populated than Fifa.
Cons: Animations are stiff, some of the transitions very bad, ball physics are iffy, especially when dribbling, ball moves strangely along the ground, ball moves without the foot actually touching it.

I don't think it's as evident in current games as it once was, but that point in bold is a real irritation of mine, especially when shooting; you clearly see the ball has left the boot of the player without the animation finishing it's course.

I'm sure it's not as bad as it used to be, but hopefully this can be drummed down completely in football games. Fifa is the same in certain situations, but certainly not to a hindering factor.

Jeez I can't wait to play this thing. I pretty much knew who would say what before they even said it. :LOL:

So if you liked PES 2009 you will love this and if you hate PES/Konami/Seabass/baby seals you shouldn't have downloaded the demo in the first place.

23rd October cant come fast enough.

Zee, this is a fucking dream for us PES hardcore fans. Played 3 games on Top Player. 0-0,0-0,0-1, got beat with Liverpool against Barcelona. They played some awesome football. Henry scored a very cheeky little dink over my keeper. His goal was met with silence for the most part. Then when he celebrated in front of the Kop, he got boo'ed like crazy, whistles and jeers. Class. Then as I kicked up to restart after the goal the crowd went crazy, as if they were trying to lift the players. This will be awesome as you can add chants, samples for all these slots with a patch. You'll never walk alone would fit perfectly in there for Liverpool.

It's not easy, thouggh, loving these sliders by the way. What a difference those make. Got all sliders now set perfect for my style of play. 4-3-1-2, it works a dream. Ball physics and the way the ball bounces is excellent. Really gives to many options for strikes at varying levels, timing is paramount. 1st touch again. Loving this.

Had a glitch were I got a freekick on the edge of my box, and I was not controlling the kicker. I thought this is good. So I dragged my nearest defender close to the kicker for any easy pass. I then realised I no control over the kicker. So basically I was stuck and had to turn the match off and start again.

Last edited:
That's class in any language!:APPLAUD:

It's certainly a nice touch, and looks great, especially if you're controlling Henry, but my critical eye is looking at it as the same animation stuck in a loop.

Finicky, I guess. I'm sure once I've performed moves like this, I'll be loving it.

I thought PES was supposed to be mocapped now? The animations are really poor IMO, my wife's gonna love seeing them :(

Where is Placebo and his downloads links ?

1. I generally find and mirror stuff that interests me, so Fifa yes, PES only if someone asks me with a link.
2. What download links did you want? :)

I thought PES was supposed to be mocapped now? The animations are really poor IMO, my wife's gonna love seeing them :(

1. I generally find and mirror stuff that interests me, so Fifa yes, PES only if someone asks me with a link.
2. What download links did you want? :)

For the xbox360 if possible, you know like for the "other game" (i hate to say that ) demo with the RS/megaupload links

Zee, this is a fucking dream for us PES hardcore fans. Played 3 games on Top Player. 0-0,0-0,0-1, got beat with Liverpool against Barcelona. They played some awesome football. Henry scored a very cheeky little dink over my keeper. His goal was met with silence for the most part. Then when he celebrated in front of the Kop, he got boo'ed like crazy, whistles and jeers. Class.

It's not easy, thouggh, loving these sliders by the way. What a difference those make. Got all sliders now set perfect for my style of play. 4-3-1-2, it works a dream. Ball physics and the way the ball bounces is excellent. Really gives to many options for strikes at varying levels, timing is paramount. 1st touch again. Loving this.

Had a glitch were I got a freekick on the edge of my box, and I was not controlling the kicker. I thought this is good. So I dragged my nearest defender close to the kicker for any easy pass. I then realised I no control over the kicker. So basically I was stuck and had to turn the match off and start again.

I had something similar happen in PES9, and I had to substitute the freekick taker to get out of the problem.

I don't think it's as evident in current games as it once was, but that point in bold is a real irritation of mine, especially when shooting; you clearly see the ball has left the boot of the player without the animation finishing it's course.

I'm sure it's not as bad as it used to be, but hopefully this can be drummed down completely in football games. Fifa is the same in certain situations, but certainly not to a hindering factor.

I didn't play PES 2009 that much, but didn't the players use to adjust to the ball by sliding/ice skating a little? When I played 2010 the ball was a long way from the player and started to slow down a lot so it would get in to position for the skill. I don't mind if it is impossible to see while playing, but I had to pause the game and watch the replay because I couldn't believe what I saw. That is when things are not right. The ball should always feel free. I don't mind some ice skating, but don't start to script the ball movement. Yuck. That is like going back in time several years.

oh man! that is just FUCKING BRILLIANT! pes is back! im so happy! fifa can go to hell again! sorry fifa but this im going back to my ex!

That video is ok, what Henry does is fantastic but why would that defender try a slide tackle?
He should be trying to get his body in the way or try to push the ball out of play with his foot in mid air not bloody slide the guy.

Konami need to address these issues.

It's certainly a nice touch, and looks great, especially if you're controlling Henry, but my critical eye is looking at it as the same animation stuck in a loop.

Finicky, I guess. I'm sure once I've performed moves like this, I'll be loving it.

Yep, i was controlling him. I agree the animation is not near perfect but the feeling when this kind of things happen is just amazing. :))

The demo is a big "meh" for me. If this was PES6 on Xbpx 360, then we're talking but they are too late now. Some people are going to be happy with that but to me it feels outdated and way to stiff and simple. The graphics is awesome, but the animation ruins it and the crowd looks hilarious. Disappointed.

Just played a few games of the 360 demo...

Pros

- Feels like a more considered pace (PES5)
- Player indiviuality feels great
- Ball physics are much improved (Far superior to fifa imho)
- AI defensive pressing
- Graphics are outstanding
- Feels like PES again

Cons

- Players can feel sluggish when in posession
- Animations aren't incredibly smooth
- Keeper AI sill needs attention

The more I play the more I like.

I did go back and play fifa and whilst the animations are far superior the ball physics and sense of wieght both for players and ball are way off. Im really torn this year but the fun factor is back in pro and i'm loving it so far we will have to see how things pan out come release.

Zee, this is a fucking dream for us PES hardcore fans. Played 3 games on Top Player. 0-0,0-0,0-1, got beat with Liverpool against Barcelona. They played some awesome football. Henry scored a very cheeky little dink over my keeper. His goal was met with silence for the most part. Then when he celebrated in front of the Kop, he got boo'ed like crazy, whistles and jeers. Class.

Can you make Lucas take a poor shot wide of the goal and see how the crowd reacts :D

I 'm really liking how many are comparing this with PES5, I have a good feeling about that, although I did lose my will to live when playing ML back in 5 because it was so hard for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom