PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

This is the first real positive review of the demo I have read so far and has picked my mood up again. I dont want to buy the Fifa 10 game. It bores me to be honest.

I enjoy PES 2009 despite its problems having bought a pre-owned version around 2 months ago.

R u telling us this game is infact quite good and not just reviewing it with PES tinted glasses on?

Please be honest with me mate. I cant download it til later after work but I have been really looking forward to it ;)

It's pretty much the only positive impression in here I think. Read into that what you want.

This is the first real positive review of the demo I have read so far and has picked my mood up again. I dont want to buy the Fifa 10 game. It bores me to be honest.

I enjoy PES 2009 despite its problems having bought a pre-owned version around 2 months ago.

R u telling us this game is infact quite good and not just reviewing it with PES tinted glasses on?

Please be honest with me mate. I cant download it til later after work but I have been really looking forward to it ;)

Rose tinted glasses no chance. Its not about the PES franchise, I HATED 2008. Its about how it makes me feel and replicates physics.

My Xbox 360 version seems fast though. Not a bad thing though as you can play slow controlled or speed up when you like, just like the real game, which contrary to some peoples belief is very fast.

Passing is awesome. Response times are NOT an issue at all for me. They are spot on to the physics. You need that extra half second to get the ball under control in real life before you can make the pass in some instances. This is replicated here, its far more realistic. The first touch of players is the thing I love more than anything in this games, adds hugely to the individuality of the players. Defenders have a much poorer first touch than the players with better technique. Some people will say this isnt responsive, I totally diagree.

The first thing a Pro scount looks for when he is scounting a young player is his first touch. Regardless of everything else. And scout will tell you that. It's because it highlights a high level of technique, and without it the rest of the players game will struggle. Especially as they move up the food chain.

Konami have took the first touch element a long way this time around, and it makes for an even better game. You will need to know your players inside out.

Last game finished 0-0 Barca v Liverpool. Was fucking about though to see was rectified from 2009,and so far everything. Manaul passing after a few attempts seems to be alot more than 32 direction. PES 2009 had 4 directions, those others were hit and miss. Will try this again now as its important to me.

The sound of the ball sounds awful most of time, but varies, you do get a nice thud with a shot but not happy with it most of the time. But that is minor for me.

True PES fans will love this. Fifa fans will hate it. Thats why we have two games. Thank fuck.

Last edited:
i cant find the demo on the market place? do you need xbox live gold to get it, surely it would show up even if you did?

The first thing a Pro scount looks for when he is scounting a young player is his first touch. Regardless of everything else. And scout will tell you that. It's because it highlights a high level of technique, and without it the rest of the players game will struggle. Especially as they move up the food chain.

The amount of pro's I see who couldnt trap a bag of cement suggests otherwise.

the demo on the market place? do you need xbox live gold to get it, surely it would show up even if you did?

Sometimes its not there in your face but can be found.

Couldn't give a damn about tricks, the fewer they put in the better the game is gonna be.

Played my third game. Average game, animations wise is a ps1 game. graphics wise is gonna be amusing on a good tv. It can be a decent game if u can go forget about poor player transitions and running animations.

When it comes to off the ball moves and attack patters i'd say it is ok but far away from the freedom you have in the "Other" game. Usual goals when keepr can't catch and ball goes the forward is still there.

Still my verdict will be based on multiplayer, i always find the cpu deadly boring.

I think PES needs to have change behind the scenes

It seems to be relying on its hardcore fans from back in the PS2 days so its just constantly churning out the same old shit knowing people will get it just because its "PES"

If you gave this demo to a football fan who had never played either game there is no way on earth they would say its a good representation of football

Konami need to pull there finger out there arses and give people something that isn't based on a old gen PS2 game and sort out a realistic next gen game to compete with its rival Fifa who seem to listen and actually watch football now and again

So its seems PES is going down the arcade route these days and Fifa is going down the sim route. Each to there own on which kind of play you want to the game but i got into PES because it was realistic back then, now its far from it...

I think PES needs to have change behind the scenes

It seems to be relying on its hardcore fans from back in the PS2 days so its just constantly churning out the same old shit knowing people will get it just because its "PES"

If you gave this demo to a football fan who had never played either game there is no way on earth they would say its a good representation of football

Konami need to pull there finger out there arses and give people something that isn't based on a old gen PS2 game and sort out a realistic next gen game to compete with its rival Fifa who seem to listen and actually watch football now and again

So its seems PES is going down the arcade route these days and Fifa is going down the sim route. Each to there own on which kind of play you want to the game but i got into PES because it was realistic back then, now its far from it...

Very good points, there, Coopz. Have you played the demo yet, then?

In the iniesta goal the way messi turns around with the ball is the typical example of the poor player transition movements. That makes the game arcadish. Fifa is trying to work on that, it still looks a bit jerky but it heading to the right direction.

Konami entirely gave up on that, players turn at will in any direction at full speed.

Sorry Coopz but that ain't right. Everything has been done to this years game to become as sim as possible. Not saying its perfect, but calling it arcadish is nowhere near right.

Rose tinted glasses no chance. Its not about the PES franchise, I HATED 2008. Its about how it makes me feel and replicates physics.

My Xbox 360 version seems fast though. Not a bad thing though as you can play slow controlled or speed up when you like, just like the real game, which contrary to some peoples belief is very fast.

Passing is awesome. Response times are NOT an issue at all for me. They are spot on to the physics. You need that extra half second to get the ball under control in real life before you can make the pass in some instances. This is replicated here, its far more realistic. The first touch of players is the thing I love more than anything in this games, adds hugely to the individuality of the players. Defenders have a much poorer first touch than the players with better technique. Some people will say this isnt responsive, I totally diagree.

Konami have took the first touch element a long way this time around, and it makes for an even better game. You will need to know your players inside out.

Last game finished 0-0 Barca v Liverpool. Was fucking about though to see was rectified from 2009,and so far everything. Manaul passing after a few attempts seems to be alot more than 32 direction. PES 2009 had 4 directions, those others were hit and miss. Will try this again now as its important to me.

The sound of the ball sounds awful most of time, but varies, you do get a nice thud with a shot but not happy with it most of the time. But that is minor for me.

True PES fans will love this. Fifa fans will hate it. Thats why we have two games. Thank fuck.

I'm with you Jimmy. The more I start to play this properly, the more I'm appreciating the demo for what it is. It's PES. I'm starting to use players properly, I'm working my formations and I can finally take my damn finger of the run button without the fear of the other team running me all over the pitch.

What's all this nonsense with seeing no animations though, PS1? are you guys blind? I've seen tons of new passing and crossing animations and you can see some of the new shooting animations in the videos posted above. They are integrated well and it's been a very smooth experience in the 30+ games I've played since 9am this morning.

I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I'm not rose-tinted either, I've played FIFA for the past few years due to the PES hiatus (in my opinion) and PES seems to be back to the days where it is enjoyable. I'm playing the game for what it is and I'm having a blast. It's PES at it's purest.

Last edited:
Just looking at the videos here, whilst it's downloading. Looks rubbish. Animations so dodgy, AI pathetically bad, keepers don't seem great.

I'll see what I make of the game once I've played it, but I can't see there being a chance I'll like it more than FIFA. No way.

Very good points, there, Coopz. Have you played the demo yet, then?

Yeah its all to stiff and rigid for me

Sorry Coopz but that ain't right. Everything has been done to this years game to become as sim as possible. Not saying its perfect, but calling it arcadish is nowhere near right.

I can't see any sim aspect in it though Lami

Yeah the tactical side is good but its the people that your controlling on the pitch that matter and its all to cumbersome and its seems like the AI do all the work for you

Someone even said a plus point was that hardly any passes go astray, how they hell is that a plus point! Also the ball physics are a thousand miles behind Fifa. Look at gamclips videos on this and Fifa and see how the ball reacts. Even with little touches in Fifa the ball spins accordingly and in this the ball seems very scripted and has no its own set direction

Ill add more the more i play and i would like people to tell me some realistic things to look out for in PES please

...well it's a stupid comparison anyway. He's comparing tricks in PES6 to PES 2010 with Carragher? :DOH:
So Carragher dribbles like that in real life does he? Of course he doesn't, it looks ridiculous. I'm not entirely sure what direction Seabass is looking to take with PES, but it doesn't seem to be doing a lot right now.

These look impressive.

Wow, I'm guessing those are instinctive, natural Messi moves, I'd be very suprised if you had to press anything for that. Highlights my first touch post that Lami, Messi's is phenomenal there.

Just gonna try a game on Top Player with Spain with the sliders compact to see the small triangles that can be played. The shooting is brilliant by the way, very heavy and extremely relevant. Tried to chip shot which is miles better, still all depends on having the ball close to your feet to gain the height, just like in real life. Better players with higher technique pull it off better.

Individuality has NEVER been so apparent. The first touch adds a whole new dimention. This is going to be a very deep game that will make you relearn PES all over again. Thats so much for the better. If you have a footballing brain, your going to be able to play some of the best football yet.

I had a free with Xavi, tried what I normally do and it flew miles over ? WTF ? Tried with Villa and much better, fuck knows what happened with Xavi.

Gripes - The ball sound. And all the condition arrows are set to green. I hate that. I want to see Torres on a red to see what he is like when he is on fire.

well i gotta say im impressed! i really like it, i just cant wait for the full game now and to take this bitch online! wohooooooooooooooooo pro evo is back! im coming back baby! im gonna buy two copies of the game so i can have a threesome! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeh!

I can't see any sim aspect in it though Lami

Jeez Coopz. You simulate what you covet. Thats player individuality, ball physics and response times. All those are paramount for a true football simulation. Football is an instinctive game, made up of 11 individuals collectively combined to create a team.

PES 2010 excells in all those areas.

Back
Top Bottom