PES 2012 Football Life thread

Probably obvious guys but a bit of clarity please if you will...
I set my team up prior to a match, formation, and game plan ie, the sliders, then if i make changes to those settings suring a match, say pull some of the positions around and change the player support, width etc, does this only apply to that current match and then reset itself back to default once the game is over, or are the changes remembered and carry over into other games?

Cheers

Maybe it's the game tying to replicate inconsistency amongst lesser players or something.

It's this first and foremost.

On the settings your on, and with the default ML boys, you truly had a staggering start to the first half of the season. But, that was never going to last, you simply don't have the strength in depth and overall quality.

I see myself as a decent PES player, and it took me a long time with a better team to get where I am now. But I wouldn't change a thing about it, it's been an amazing ride.

My biggest word of advice is to not get down over these results and bad luck. It's the rough and the smooth of football, you get your head down, switch it up here and there, take it on the chin and come back fighting. The bad luck your having now had to happen, you had so much good fortune early doors.

Try tinkering with your 4-Presets. Set one to All Out Defence with a 5-4-1 formation (3 CB's-2FB's-2DMF's-2 CMF's) Look to switch to and from that after you go-ahead, or to hold onto a draw or lead. I used this when I had lesser players and it worked. I'd switch when the CPU had a throw-in my my half or on the counter or a corner etc. Then switch back when you retrieve possession. You have to think outside of the box when using that level of squad, as you don't even have the talent to get you so far, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Decided to start a new ML with the defaults.
Just finished editing in my Local team Congresbury FC with similar kits (editing is very hard, have so much more repeat for the people who create full leagues etc!) and couldn't make a pitch similar to ours.. We don't even have stands! :L

I will begin playing soon, 15 minute games, Professional.

Keeping my Hull City ML though, just in case things get bad!

Decided to start a new ML with the defaults.
Just finished editing in my Local team Congresbury FC with similar kits (editing is very hard, have so much more repeat for the people who create full leagues etc!) and couldn't make a pitch similar to ours.. We don't even have stands! :L

I will begin playing soon, 15 minute games, Professional.

Keeping my Hull City ML though, just in case things get bad!

I know what your doing, your actually missing everything that LT is experiencing - The challenge of the squad build. ;)

I must admit, it is my favourite part too. I remember ditching my whole team last year on MLO because, in my opinion, my players were too good. The fun of the build had gone.

I know what your doing, your actually missing everything that LT is experiencing - The challenge of the squad build. ;)

It's true, building a team up from nothing is the best part of the game.. And while my Hull team is far from finished, it's progressing too quickly for me.. Hearing LT's frustrations just reminded me of evey year pulling the useless load through the season trying in vain to find cheap gems of players, or that one youth player who can change everything, while the rest of the team slugs it out behind them! Knowing that every game is a potential loss, knowing that the next player I pass to could be the most useless lad in the world but still scrapping it out for the result, it's just so much to look forward to!

It's true, building a team up from nothing is the best part of the game.. And while my Hull team is far from finished, it's progressing too quickly for me.. Hearing LT's frustrations just reminded me of evey year pulling the useless load through the season trying in vain to find cheap gems of players, or that one youth player who can change everything, while the rest of the team slugs it out behind them! Knowing that every game is a potential loss, knowing that the next player I pass to could be the most useless lad in the world but still scrapping it out for the result, it's just so much to look forward to!

You are my hero. :)

It's this first and foremost.

On the settings your on, and with the default ML boys, you truly had a staggering start to the first half of the season. But, that was never going to last, you simply don't have the strength in depth and overall quality.

I see myself as a decent PES player, and it took me a long time with a better team to get where I am now. But I wouldn't change a thing about it, it's been an amazing ride.

My biggest word of advice is to not get down over these results and bad luck. It's the rough and the smooth of football, you get your head down, switch it up here and there, take it on the chin and come back fighting. The bad luck your having now had to happen, you had so much good fortune early doors.

Try tinkering with your 4-Presets. Set one to All Out Defence with a 5-4-1 formation (3 CB's-2FB's-2DMF's-2 CMF's) Look to switch to and from that after you go-ahead, or to hold onto a draw or lead. I used this when I had lesser players and it worked. I'd switch when the CPU had a throw-in my my half or on the counter or a corner etc. Then switch back when you retrieve possession. You have to think outside of the box when using that level of squad, as you don't even have the talent to get you so far, if you know what I mean.

Fair point. I think I might need to 'manage' the games a bit better for sure. I'm loving the whole build a squad thing for sure, though I don't know where I'll manage to just yet. I have almost no money to spend (if you choose default ML players, regardless of what club you choose, your club funds are only £3-4M, and the vast majority of that is immediately spent when the annual payments of salaries etc come out). I currently have £600,000 in the bank so strengthening seems like a million miles away right now. As for luck, yeah you have a point, I don't complain when I benefit from some bizarre defending gifting me a goal. It does 'irritate' (the polite version!) when you do well only to suffer from a 35 yard screaming volley from some CPU player rated at 48 or something though!

It could be something related to teamwork, at least partially. Defaults haven't got any decent teamwork ratings to begin with (on per-player basis), and there is another, somewhat hidden layer of teamwork in PES - team-level teamwork (sorry, can't find better wording at the moment) which describes how players click together with other players in starting 11. That team-level TW used to be a lot more visible in old gen (PES 6, for example), you could see those numbers in pre-game menus, if you dug deep enough. Another useful piece of info that simply disappeared in current gen :/ But mechanics are probably still there in current gen.

Signing a lot of new players and placing them as regular starters has always been the best way to ruin team cohesion. As a rule of the thumb, it took almost half of the season for new players to really click together with the rest of the team. Back in PES 6 era, Yoda used to say something like "Introduce your new players not as starters. As substitutes bring them in." :)

IMO, it is still valid advice. But since you might already be half-way through that 'clicking period', stick with it, just play safe(r). Although, new GK, midfielder and striker shouldn't have such fatal influence on defensive line's TW ... at least I believe that it wouldn't have such a strong influence in older versions (usually you had to introduce two brand new CBs or something like that to mess up defensive TW drastically). On the other hand, you are playing with uber-crappy defaults. Who knows how fragile their team cohesion really is in 2012 ...

On the other hand, in ML game certainly is trying to simulate ups&downs, but given the level of current-gen AI (non)sophistication, it has only pretty blunt weaponry at disposal - handicaps, stat boosts, etc.

All of it probably leads to a classic case of 'adding insult to the injury' (insult - simulated ups&downs, injury - to many new players in starting 11).

I think you're right on there being some kind of hidden teamwork stats, much like a hidden version of the stats you get in the FIFA Ultimate Team thingy where they have a 'chemistry' rating which improves or decreases depending on who's playing immediately around them. But defining which players work well with who feels impossible, not least because many of the players have form which fluctuates massively from a red arrow to purple in the space of seven days. That aspect is currently a lottery and is defining what players get a game right now.

Last edited:
First order of business was to cut anyone who I didn't feel would make it in this team, and then bring in the usual suspects from the youth team, in total there now 11 youth players floating in and around the Starting XI, but to avoid issues regarding the team work stat.. I've mixed old with new, effectively I hope, while also training the tactics, which seem to have done enough to keep everyone equal!
It's useful that the youth team has 4 or 5 players who can fill in many positions, with injuries to be expected the utility players are vital!

In between that came the friendly with Stabdard Liege, we managed to scrap away with a 0-0 draw.

The first league game of the season comes up against Middlesborough away.. And so the adventure begins!

First order of business was to cut anyone who I didn't feel would make it in this team, and then bring in the usual suspects from the youth team, in total there now 11 youth players floating in and around the Starting XI, but to avoid issues regarding the team work stat.. I've mixed old with new, effectively I hope, while also training the tactics, which seem to have done enough to keep everyone equal!
It's useful that the youth team has 4 or 5 players who can fill in many positions, with injuries to be expected the utility players are vital!

In between that came the friendly with Stabdard Liege, we managed to scrap away with a 0-0 draw.

The first league game of the season comes up against Middlesborough away.. And so the adventure begins!

'Who's that team they call the Boro, who's that team we all adore, and they plain in red and white and they're fucking dynamite, we'll support you Boro ever more'..............

yeah I usually use 2 generic chants and 2 team specific ones per club.
Love hearing my fans sing "We are staying up, say we are staying up!" after every win!!!

I use this site Chants mainly but also have a zip file at home with a few hundred in if you want it bud.

Those chants you sent me bud are awesome, much better than what I had, love them. Thanks again. :)

First order of business was to cut anyone who I didn't feel would make it in this team, and then bring in the usual suspects from the youth team,

I wish this part was better. Whatever team you start with, you have the same bunch of youth players and just end up promoting the same few to the first team. Takes away the individuality of different MLs and the unknown factor of who will turn out good or bad.

In a perfect world each club should have their own youth team. As that may take too much effort to implement, how about a different youth team depending on what country you start in. If I start a French ML, I'd have a youth team made up mainly of french players. It would be the same youth team regardless of if I start with Lyon or PSG. But if a start an English ML, I'd have a totally different youth team, made up mainly of English players.

I also wish young regens were done better. It's ridiculous to get 16/17 year olds with stats in the 80s and 90s. I have to force myself not to buy them, but they still inhabit my ML world, which ruins the realism.

'Who's that team they call the Boro, who's that team we all adore, and they plain in red and white and they're fucking dynamite, we'll support you Boro ever more'..............

I think they heard you chanting jimmy.. Absolutely crushed 5-2 Emnes was in fine form with two, while Zenmama (however its spelt) proved that he ain't so bad with another before a Bates header and own goal sealed it. My goals came from Ettori..

We than played Forest away, and won!! 3-2, Oscar on a red arrow replaced Ettori who was on a purple despite two goals?! Oscar scored an opener, Harewood equalised, Zarate came on Oscar put him through He scored, Zarate chipped the ball forward and Forests own defender puts in his own net.. All that in 20 minutes of football!

Is a struggle already, but man it's good fun even if it is a tad frustrating!

I wish this part was better. Whatever team you start with, you have the same bunch of youth players and just end up promoting the same few to the first team. Takes away the individuality of different MLs and the unknown factor of who will turn out good or bad.

In a perfect world each club should have their own youth team. As that may take too much effort to implement, how about a different youth team depending on what country you start in. If I start a French ML, I'd have a youth team made up mainly of french players. It would be the same youth team regardless of if I start with Lyon or PSG. But if a start an English ML, I'd have a totally different youth team, made up mainly of English players.

I also wish young regens were done better. It's ridiculous to get 16/17 year olds with stats in the 80s and 90s. I have to force myself not to buy them, but they still inhabit my ML world, which ruins the realism.

Completely agree with every point.

My personal opinion on regens is instead of the old players coming back.. Just have completely new players come through.. Bugs me when the next best player is Giggs!

+1

I'm wondering if anyone could give me any tips on the training? I got through my 1st season (Div2 w/ Leeds, Pro Diff, -1 Gamespeed, 15min) and I'm in the prem now, currently sitting in 7th so it's going well! Half way through my season.

Anyway, First season I got through just using Conditioning the entire way and players do seem to be improving (Delph is a 90 OVR now) and others as well, just wondering if learning the ins and outs of training would be a huge benefit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Those chants you sent me bud are awesome, much better than what I had, love them. Thanks again. :)

No probs mate, they really do add to the atmosphere of the game.

There is nothing like the struggle of Master League in the early days. Like taylor said, its the quest of finding that 1 sparkling gem that can chgange your season around, help u scrap for wins and slowly bure surely build your reputation.

Im now in my 14th ML season, and havent won a single trophy.
HAve been in the Prem for 5 seasons, qualifying for europe each season and finishing 4th most seasons, trying my best to spend wisely and invest the millions, to catch the 'big 2' who in my ML game are Liverpool and Chelsea.
14 seasons without a trophy, yet im up to 19 in the rankings and the desire to push on and break the Liverpool/Chelsea stranglehold is as strong as ever. Love it.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me any tips on the training? I got through my 1st season (Div2 w/ Leeds, Pro Diff, -1 Gamespeed, 15min) and I'm in the prem now, currently sitting in 7th so it's going well! Half way through my season.

Anyway, First season I got through just using Conditioning the entire way and players do seem to be improving (Delph is a 90 OVR now) and others as well, just wondering if learning the ins and outs of training would be a huge benefit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wabak, implementing the right training regime is absolutely key to developoing your palyers to their true potential,
I posted an article about it on my site, might be worth taking a look: PESUltra Training Guide

Really agree with this too. I hate the regen player thing, I don't like them being so good, or having the same face/name as a famous star from the past. In PES2011 I had regens of Thierry Henry and Deco, complete with accurate faces, and I simply didn't want to promote them because it would totally shatter the realism. I don't see why they can't just keep this as an option to turn on/off in the options, and if it's set to off, just randomly generate players. Can't be that hard to include a database of a few hundred to a thousand made up names with generic fake-faces, and randomly generate their stats.

So I just reached mid year, in 12th place..

But usually at this stage my youth squad will have been updated.. But it hasn't? Does it take a whole season because I'm using the defaults? Was really hoping for a young player with great ability to help me out..

Well I took the advice about trying to hold a lead, and it worked, JUST about LOL. I'm beginning to find that by taking your time, working the ball backwards as well as forwards that the play opens up. I think when I got frustrated with the game I went the opposite way and tried getting to their goal as fast as possible, which just doesn't work in this game.

Anyways, I now have a perfectly average 8 wins, 8 draws, 8 defeats, and a zero goal difference. I'm exactly halfway up the league.

I won my last game with a 3-2 away win, Schwarz finally bagging his first goals as a full time professional with a double before Shimizu bent and dipped a near perfect free kick to turn a 0-1 scoreline into a 3-1 lead.

From that point the CPU instantly put three up front with someone playing in behind them, upped their pace, and I responded by dropping back both CM until they were virtually playing alongside my CB's, and reduced my attacking tactics. I then placed a big man up front to try and hold the ball up and it just about worked, I was powerless to stop the CPU scoring with five minutes to go, then I thought 'here we go again' but I saw out the next five minutes, plus four minutes stoppage time, with some seriously cynical timewasting, dribbling to corners, standing still and waiting for the CPU to come and try and win the ball off me before passing it etc.

By hook or crook, I nailed the win :)

YouTube - 3-2

Last edited:
Quick question regarding training, do people tend to see much difference in their players with default ML players by the end of their first season? My overall stats have improved but I think that's down to my loan signings rather than existing players being improved. I can't see a single player who's stats have increased, which surely isn't right.

Shimizu, for example, well I've heard people say his stats skyrocket yet I'm heading towards the end of my first season and even he's still rated at 69. No-one's really getting any worse, but no-one's improving either.

I basically spend a week, say, doing technique training then a few days here and there conditioning. In a month I'll do roughly a couple of weeks worth of technique, a weeks worth of teamwork, with some physical stuff thrown in. Doesn't seem to be working though.

Given that I'm finishing the first season in the bottom half of the table, with nothing to play for and with no players improving, well it will surely have been a waste of a season. I've not even managed to accumulate any money in the bank, what little I had to start with all went on wages and loan fees etc. I'll start season two with less money than when I started the game!

Last edited:
I'm beginning to find that by taking your time, working the ball backwards as well as forwards that the play opens up. I think when I got frustrated with the game I went the opposite way and tried getting to their goal as fast as possible, which just doesn't work in this game.

PES 2012 - Rule Number One.

Well I took the advice about trying to hold a lead, and it worked, JUST about LOL. I'm beginning to find that by taking your time, working the ball backwards as well as forwards that the play opens up. I think when I got frustrated with the game I went the opposite way and tried getting to their goal as fast as possible, which just doesn't work in this game.

Anyways, I now have a perfectly average 8 wins, 8 draws, 8 defeats, and a zero goal difference. I'm exactly halfway up the league.

I won my last game with a 3-2 away win, Schwarz finally bagging his first goals as a full time professional with a double before Shimizu bent and dipped a near perfect free kick to turn a 0-1 scoreline into a 3-1 lead.

From that point the CPU instantly put three up front with someone playing in behind them, upped their pace, and I responded by dropping back both CM until they were virtually playing alongside my CB's, and reduced my attacking tactics. I then placed a big man up front to try and hold the ball up and it just about worked, I was powerless to stop the CPU scoring with five minutes to go, then I thought 'here we go again' but I saw out the next five minutes, plus four minutes stoppage time, with some seriously cynical timewasting, dribbling to corners, standing still and waiting for the CPU to come and try and win the ball off me before passing it etc.

By hook or crook, I nailed the win :)

YouTube - 3-2

I'm loving the fact that a few people now are getting to grips with the game and changing their mindset and getting results.

For me you simply HAVE to apply your tactical nous each and every game to even stand a chance of a win. I start out with whatever formation I want, then I see how the game is going. Are the CPU coming through me too fast and direct? If yes then alter the formation about and look to stem the central midfield area. I've even made substitutions as early as the 10th minute if the game isn't going my way. Use your defensive line, alter it within the game, numerous times if you have to.

Are they sitting deep? Then look to change the angle of attack but don't look to camp on their 18 yard box, look to work them out slowly from their positions. Use height, tall defenders with good aerial ability against teams opting for the long ball. Use your attacking/defensive mentality gauge to your advantage. Make subs on around 60-65 minutes to get fresh legs on. Make a special note as to how tired your CB's are getting, if they are drained of energy then they WILL make mistakes and tackling will become even more difficult. Is your striker flagging? I tend to bring Bellamy on for the last 10/15 minutes, to get in behind their defence with pace, and if I'm leading, it's a defensive formation, and I completely shut the game out by getting everyone except my sole striker behind the ball.

And even applying ALL this, there us still the PES/football nature of unpredictability. But that's life.

I'm up to fourth in the league, and with 4 games to go a Champions League spot is a real target. But this game is just so f'kin unpredictably awesome that anything can happen. I had a real purple patch where I went something like 10 games undefeated, beating Man Utd (2-1) and Arsenal (4-1) along the way. Then I got royally schooled by Man Utd 5-0 in the 1st leg of the Europa's which absolutely shattered me. Rooney was simply unplayable that day, one of the heaviest batterings I think I have ever taken on any PES game. But I've recovered well, and four wins from my last 5 games has seen confidence restored and fresh impetus. Say what you like about this game, the PES feeling is back with me, and now I'm even playing it on gamespeed -1, and it feels just about right.

Quick question regarding training, do people tend to see much difference in their players with default ML players by the end of their first season? My overall stats have improved but I think that's down to my loan signings rather than existing players being improved. I can't see a single player who's stats have increased, which surely isn't right.

Shimizu, for example, well I've heard people say his stats skyrocket yet I'm heading towards the end of my first season and even he's still rated at 69. No-one's really getting any worse, but no-one's improving either.

I basically spend a week, say, doing technique training then a few days here and there conditioning. In a month I'll do roughly a couple of weeks worth of technique, a weeks worth of teamwork, with some physical stuff thrown in. Doesn't seem to be working though.

Given that I'm finishing the first season in the bottom half of the table, with nothing to play for and with no players improving, well it will surely have been a waste of a season. I've not even managed to accumulate any money in the bank, what little I had to start with all went on wages and loan fees etc. I'll start season two with less money than when I started the game!

They will improve bud, and it won't be a wasted season as you have plenty of empty weeks to come to focus soley on Training. Also, make sure that Strategy isn't having a detrimental effect on your Technique Training. When I soley focused on Technique and Conditioning, my Tactics dropped, but I brought that back up later on in my career.

The higher you finish up the league the more money you will get, but also different players will become available for Loans etc.

Changing tactics just doesn't work. I took yet another lead today only to come under pressure, so I changed to a more defensive set up, but the CPU manages to find a way every time. For 20 seconds in a 15 minute match it goes into God mode and screws you over. I like I said, I took the lead, then some division two player smashed in a shot from what must have been 40 yards, fucking ridiculous. I reckon that's at least ten goals I've conceded this season from crazy long range efforts. Then, the CPU yet again does, for five seconds, some insane one touch passing around my penalty area, I can't get anywhere near the ball, bang, 2-1. I then win a penalty, their keeper of course dives the right way and saves it even though it was powerful and right in the bottom corner, then in the second half, no matter how many times I alter my tactics, they just repeatedly play a through ball and my defenders leave the attackers EVERY single time. Ended up a 6-1 defeat, with me having double the shots and superior possession. Fucking pathetic.

I've now lost four in a row and have slipped to fourth from bottom. Every time I take the lead, the CPU ups its game and scores some kind of wonder goal that I can't possibly counter, it's gone past ridiculous now. Like I said, half the time if I shut the CPU out for ten minutes or so after I take the lead, it just replies with a shot from just past the halfway line and it rockets into the net. I've never seen the best players in the world score some of the goals this game is putting past me.

It's just too difficult. Playing the game itself is easy, even with awful players I can still dominate most matches, but the CPU finishing is beyond stupid. For Division Two players playing for, say, 'Wondengine Town' to be smashing in 40 yard screamers, or to take virtually 100% of all chances on goal they have is pretty criminal. Where the fuck are the contextual stats when this happens? I don't mind when I'm running in on goal and Ordaz fluffs a shot at goal because he's shit and off balance, that's fine. But when a player rated by the game at 45, with shooting stats of 30, fires a screamer into the top corner when he's off balance practically facing the other way, and is MILES out from goal, against my 78 rated keeper on a yellow arrow, then yeah, that's cheating. There's no contextual stats going on there, it's just the game doing what it wants against you, when it wants.

So I'm not sure where to go with this, I can't improve my team because I have no money, I've got no prospect of funds because I'm finishing way down the league, my training is doing fuck all to the development of my players, and I've now degenerated to winning probably one in every six or seven matches.

Those five clean sheets where I thought the game was getting a bit easy was bizarre, now I can't stop the CPU no matter what tactics I do. You can have as many men behind the ball as you like, if the game keeps making your players just wander away from the opposition they're supposed to be marking, or the CPU suddenly speed burst dribbles past three of your challenges with nothing you can do about it, then you're gonna get screwed game after game, which I am.

I'm bordering on quitting this game mode now, there's nothing I can see that I can do. Like I say, improving the personnel isn't an option because of finances, training them doesn't seem to do anything (even if you improve technique, something else goes down, so improve that, then technique goes back down again for example), then I'm stuck in this perpetual cycle of struggling and being fucked over by the game.

Not that I'll last too long, my chairman expects promotion back to the Portuguese League despite the players I have and lack of money. Not asking too much then ...

Last edited:
LT has your youth team got new players in yet? I presume you've reached mid year.. Just trying to work out whether it's worth moving on if my youth team isn't being refilled regularly!

Changing tactics just doesn't work. I took yet another lead today only to come under pressure, so I changed to a more defensive set up, but the CPU manages to find a way every time. For 20 seconds in a 15 minute match it goes into God mode and screws you over. I like I said, I took the lead, then some division two player smashed in a shot from what must have been 40 yards, fucking ridiculous. I reckon that's at least ten goals I've conceded this season from crazy long range efforts. Then, the CPU yet again does, for five seconds, some insane one touch passing around my penalty area, I can't get anywhere near the ball, bang, 2-1. I then win a penalty, their keeper of course dives the right way and saves it even though it was powerful and right in the bottom corner, then in the second half, no matter how many times I alter my tactics, they just repeatedly play a through ball and my defenders leave the attackers EVERY single time. Ended up a 6-1 defeat, with me having double the shots and superior possession. Fucking pathetic.

I've now lost four in a row and have slipped to fourth from bottom. Every time I take the lead, the CPU ups its game and scores some kind of wonder goal that I can't possibly counter, it's gone past ridiculous now. Like I said, half the time if I shut the CPU out for ten minutes or so after I take the lead, it just replies with a shot from just past the halfway line and it rockets into the net. I've never seen the best players in the world score some of the goals this game is putting past me.

It's just too difficult. Playing the game itself is easy, even with awful players I can still dominate most matches, but the CPU finishing is beyond stupid. For Division Two players playing for, say, 'Wondengine Town' to be smashing in 40 yard screamers, or to take virtually 100% of all chances on goal they have is pretty criminal. Where the fuck are the contextual stats when this happens? I don't mind when I'm running in on goal and Ordaz fluffs a shot at goal because he's shit and off balance, that's fine. But when a player rated by the game at 45, with shooting stats of 30, fires a screamer into the top corner when he's off balance practically facing the other way, and is MILES out from goal, against my 78 rated keeper on a yellow arrow, then yeah, that's cheating. There's no contextual stats going on there, it's just the game doing what it wants against you, when it wants.

So I'm not sure where to go with this, I can't improve my team because I have no money, I've got no prospect of funds because I'm finishing way down the league, my training is doing fuck all to the development of my players, and I've now degenerated to winning probably one in every six or seven matches.

Those five clean sheets where I thought the game was getting a bit easy was bizarre, now I can't stop the CPU no matter what tactics I do. You can have as many men behind the ball as you like, if the game keeps making your players just wander away from the opposition they're supposed to be marking, or the CPU suddenly speed burst dribbles past three of your challenges with nothing you can do about it, then you're gonna get screwed game after game, which I am.

I'm bordering on quitting this game mode now, there's nothing I can see that I can do. Like I say, improving the personnel isn't an option because of finances, training them doesn't seem to do anything (even if you improve technique, something else goes down, so improve that, then technique goes back down again for example), then I'm stuck in this perpetual cycle of struggling and being fucked over by the game.

Not that I'll last too long, my chairman expects promotion back to the Portuguese League despite the players I have and lack of money. Not asking too much then ...

I genuinely have never seen anything like this in 5 seasons. Thank God. :(

I genuinely have never seen anything like this in 5 seasons. Thank God. :(

I've played half a year, and the difference in every aspect is extremely noticeable.. So much so that I've given up, players don't improve unless you hardcore train one thing without breaks.. Players are impossible to sign to a significant degree of improvement..
Playing games, it feels like Barca have been teaching the championship how to destroy you at times, tactical changing etc doesn't matter, a player like Shimizu who when signed for Hull could last a full game, would be out of stamina and fatigued within the hour as a default.. It's just so difficult, players like Trippier of Burnely can score 30 yarders at will, I have persevered to this point in hope it all improves, but I don't think it will.. So my congresbury side are being removed an Pompey replaced, and back to Hull I go I guess..

LT has your youth team got new players in yet? I presume you've reached mid year.. Just trying to work out whether it's worth moving on if my youth team isn't being refilled regularly!

I reached the end of season one, no new youth players as yet but I think they might update it in the pre-season perhaps.

@Jimmy, you're lucky then! ;)) my final game I carved out a 2-1 win but the CPU still managed to take a high ball on the chest and bycicle kick into the top corner from nearly 30 yards out. It was their only shot at goal ...

So I finished season one in 15th place with a record of won 10 drawn 10 lost 14. I now have no idea how to improve in the summer break! My chairman told me 15th is unacceptable but seriously, give me some cash at least!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom