PES 2012 Football Life thread

Ah okay, cheers.

I might restart anyways, this is becoming torture to be honest. Seven games in, and I'm second from bottom of Div2 with no wins. Just got spanked 4-1 at home thanks to four goals from four shots on goal, two of them deflections from my clearances that cannoned off the CPU as they were closing me down FFS. The other two goals, my defenders seem to be so bad that everyone who I wasn't controlling just ran away from the ball as a pass went into my penalty area. They literally dispersed from their own penalty box.

And now I can't even try to make some loan signings because the list of targets has disappeared.

You're not confined to the list of targets of course. It being empty right now doesn't mean there are NO players who'd sign for you, just that whatever criteria the game uses to populate that handy shortlist are not being met. You should still be able to go on a manual hunt. It takes about 3 seasons, sometimes more, to start building momentum in this Master League. The financial logistics make it the hardest one ever.

You're not confined to the list of targets of course. It being empty right now doesn't mean there are NO players who'd sign for you, just that whatever criteria the game uses to populate that handy shortlist are not being met. You should still be able to go on a manual hunt. It takes about 3 seasons, sometimes more, to start building momentum in this Master League. The financial logistics make it the hardest one ever.

True, the list of targets is populated with your most likely signings, it takes into account team prestige (club rankings) and budget, so if you hardly have any money and are ranked low, the list wont be brimming

One part of the advanced search section in the game that I have totally overlooked is the 'other' section. Has anyone used this?

It's so frustrating though, Ganso is currently sitting there without a club and I have no hope of signing him. But there is an absolute wealth of world class players without a club, I think mainly all the Copa Liberadores players and internationals who's club team isn't in PES2012.

If I could sign these I certainly would. Not even Smeltz, the 31 year old New Zealand striker who is without a club will sign for me :(

But this seems to be an avenue well worth using if you can.

Back to my season, things have picked up slightly, a draw and a couple of wins sent me up to the heady heights of 11th before slipping up again with a 1-0 defeat that I really didn't deserve. In fact performances have picked up considerably with slight tinkering of my tactics. I radically reduced the stat for players to swap positions so that they rigidly stay in position. The ML default players just don't have the intelligence to cope with having a bit of artistic freedom on the pitch. I also narrowed my attacking style to 'narrow', and set players to be close together. I'm still able to get wide, but my team feels a little more cohesive with these settings.

If only for a Ganso to brighten the season!

I saw quick highlights of that final, absolutely ridiculous penalty decision, at such an important time, in such an important game.

What a way to lose a final, the losing team must have been cursing the scripting.

Haven't started with the defaults yet, but took a quick look at their stats. Didn't make for pretty reading to say the least.

LTFC .... I did exactly what you are trying to do, started with my own made up ML team, with the default players, a measly bank balance, low gate receipts and everything else.
I am now 13 seasons in and reguarly in the champions league, with a bank balance over £100 million.

I can only give a few pointers as to what has worked for me along the way so here goes:

- The early stages are hard, the defaults are shit, and as blunt as it sounds the first and foremost key to building your club is success on the pitch, you need to get results.

- With Transfers, i sold a few defaulters, Shimizu, Ettori et al, and in the early stages either signed loan players, or promoted from within the youths

- After promoting youths, some of them develop very quickly and will easily be better than the defaults and give that little extra oomph you need in key positions (depending on training schedule)

- get your training schedule sorted, this is KEY to developing players.
focus on speed, technique, strategy, and always condition a day or 2 before a game.

- Sign a decent Striker, whether he is opromoted and developed from the youths, a loan or a cash signing, you need a player who has a good shot on him.

- Check the transfer list reguarly, on the 1st Jan look for all 15-19yr olds out of contract, and on the 1st Feb, search through all the free agents as players would have left clubs after the Jan window.
You can pick up some bargains here.

- Check the list of targets as this is a list of players that are likely to agree a move to your club, so a higher chance of signing them.
Dont be afraid to sign some veterans, they will improve your squad and can often be sold on at a decent price

- Dont play too direct, work the space, create openings, pull the CPU team around, just like real life. taking route 1 to goal often leaves you frustrated.

- Track CPU runners, its not always the ball carrier that can do the damage. Use secondary press here to jockey the ball carrier and track the forward runs.

Try and maintain a regular first 11 - rotating players often or piling in lots of new signings will just impact on your teamwork,and equilibrum as a unit.

- Map alternate formations/strategies to the other buttons so you can quickly swap to a 5-4-1 defensive line up if you need to protect a lead, or switch to a 3-4-3 if you need a goal back.

- Use the R3 off the ball runs - Great for corners and sending forwards running through.

Once you start to pick up results it gets so much easier, get promoted to the prem and you'll be pulling in around £1 million per home game, Europa league matches around £2.3 million per home game and Champions League over £3 million per game.
If need be play on regular until you get promoted then step it up.

and of course, when money allows, investing in better coaches, scouts etc will only improve things.
As will increasing your marketing budget (higher merchandise, better sponsors etc) andinvesting in youth team will see much higher caliber players come through the ranks.

Have a few tips and tricks articles up on my site here: PESUltra

Hope that helps a bit and keep us posted on how you do.

I practically did the same, but there is another tip in order to become rich; I sign star players who are out of contracts and use them for one season in order to get good results, then I sell them to other teams, did it with Taarabt, diego capel, dzudszak, kanoute etc...and it helped a lot. last season I won the europa league but lost the european super cup to real madrid, couldn't secure a champions league spot though and I guess that this is mainly due to the fact that I always lose or draw in curious manners against the 4 leading teams.

Last edited:
That's a goof tip provided you can attract those players. I can't even attract 31 year old unemployed journeymen!

It's about odd really, starting as a default ML team is so balanced against you. You have the issue of having barely enough cash to cover the wages of your crappy default players, you can't attract any decent players because your overall club ranking puts you right at the bottom of the entire game regardless of who you take charge of, and yet the chairman expects a club of your 'size' to gain promotion!

I wish there was an option to tell your chairman to put his money where his mouth is!

That's a goof tip provided you can attract those players. I can't even attract 31 year old unemployed journeymen!

It's about odd really, starting as a default ML team is so balanced against you. You have the issue of having barely enough cash to cover the wages of your crappy default players, you can't attract any decent players because your overall club ranking puts you right at the bottom of the entire game regardless of who you take charge of, and yet the chairman expects a club of your 'size' to gain promotion!

I wish there was an option to tell your chairman to put his money where his mouth is!

Not sure if youve had any chairman warnings about being sacked yet mate but if/when it does come dont panic too much, even if you are told you must win the next game to save your job, you rarely ever get sacked.

I approached the Jan transfer window last night and couldnt really pinpoint any essential signings, but my coach pointed out I had a potential superstar in the making coming through the youth ranks, but didnt say who, so upon looking through, i bolstered my squad to 29 players by signing Helder Postiga and Korshenko to contracts, both had very good stats for 16yr olds, and i hoped one of these two was the potential star my coach spoke of.
The idea was to loan them out to develop, as they were both ‘only’ rated 68 OVR, and a bit too weak to fit into my team.

However, due to the wonderful International games being scheduled the day before a league game, i was left thin in the strikers dept. so Postiga got a place on the bench.
0-0 in the 80th min, Postiga replaces Saha and scores a lovely goal, on his debut to earn us a 1-0 win. Shown here: Postiga GoalHe also scored in his 2nd appearance, I will be nurturing this kid closely.

Last edited:
Not sure if youve had any chairman warnings about being sacked yet mate but if/when it does come dont panic too much, even if you are told you must win the next game to save your job, you rarely ever get sacked.

I approached the Jan transfer window last night and couldnt really pinpoint any essential signings, but my coach pointed out I had a potential superstar in the making coming through the youth ranks, but didnt say who, so upon looking through, i bolstered my squad to 29 players by signing Helder Postiga and Korshenko to contracts, both had very good stats for 16yr olds, and i hoped one of these two was the potential star my coach spoke of.
The idea was to loan them out to develop, as they were both ‘only’ rated 68 OVR, and a bit too weak to fit into my team.

However, due to the wonderful International games being scheduled the day before a league game, i was left thin in the strikers dept. so Postiga got a place on the bench.
0-0 in the 80th min, Postiga replaces Saha and scores a lovely goal, on his debut to earn us a 1-0 win. Shown here: Postiga GoalHe also scored in his 2nd appearance, I will be nurturing this kid closely.

That's good to know, the way season two is panning out, my chairman's gonna start wielding a big stick at me in the near future!

Nice finish by Postiga by the way, isn't he the guy who once moved to Spurs back in the early 2000's?

That's good to know, the way season two is panning out, my chairman's gonna start wielding a big stick at me in the near future!

Nice finish by Postiga by the way, isn't he the guy who once moved to Spurs back in the early 2000's?

I believe so mate, hoping he does better for me than he did for Spurs.

LTFC - not sure if youd wanna try this mate but if you're really struggling to sign any players and your becoming frustrated as a result, rather than ditch the master league, go to the extra content menu of PES, under there you will find a pack you can buy (using the in game aquired points) that dramatically increases your chances of signing players in your current Master League mode.
Might be worth a try.

Also another option would be to unlock the classic players, who will then appear in the Other or Free Agents section and are very good players, you can sign these with ease, and sell on for big profits.

I managed to get on PES last night for about 5 games or so in my ML, I couldn't stop smiling throughout.

A couple of things that I really love this year :-

R3 control on corners and set-pieces:-

In my opinion, they have absolutely nailed the philosophy of off-ball-runs and relevant timing required. You really can stutter and stagger your runs to evade your marker. Then timing the cross to correspond with your run, reaps rewards exactly as it would in real-life. I have a method that involves making a run towards the keeper, then stopping and pulling away. This usually wrong-foots the tracking defender and gains you that valuable time and space for a header or volley. Love that. Also, making a run then cursor switching to a different player can also cause confusion and offer you the time and space required.

Substitutions and Stamina :-

Making the correct substitutions at the right time can turn a game on it's head. People talk of a lack of relevance in the stamina system, but I disagree. Of course I would like the system to be built on further, but the effects at present are still very noticable. Bringing on a fresh set of legs, or three sets of legs can make a huge difference. And it's very easily felt. These fresh legs are not only quicker, but are stronger on the ball, have a better touch and are more consistent across the board with their techniques, with passing accuracy at the forefront.

I made three subs in a ML last night and the effect of all 3 players was dramatic, the CPU just couldn't cope in the last 10 minutes and got beaten to every ball and challenge by my fresher subs. Love it.

The effect of Internationals :-

Giroud has been the best example of this for me this season. Ever since he got called up to the French National squad, he has struggled to be 100% match fit for my league campaign. I have still played him, and he has done ok, but he hasn't been as sharp as he was without the International call-ups. It truly has replicated the feelings that league managers face when players either come back injured or fatigued from National fixtures. I'm happy that he has his chance to play for his country, he earned it, but at the same time, the selfish managerial side of me wishes he'd never been given the call.

Anyway, I'm 11th in the league, 7 points off Europe looking for the 7th spot. I also have a F.A Cup Semi-Final to Spurs, that alone may get me into Europe though, as Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool may all qualify for the CL through their respective league positions. That will be nioe. The same thing happened to me in my PES 2010 ML campaign with Boro. I was in Division 2 but reached the Semi's of the F.A. Cup. I lost the semi, and just missed out on promotion. I was gutted, but then when next season came around, I'd qualified for the Europa League. It was the first time the official Europa League had been in PES, and as you can imagine, I was happy as a pig in shit. I'll never forget those Europa nights at the Riverside. Never. :)

Last edited:
It takes about 3 seasons, sometimes more, to start building momentum in this Master League. The financial logistics make it the hardest one ever.

couldnt agree more here... have learned the hard way with my Bayern Munchen ML. after season three and some "decent" purchases was in a lot of trouble. I won't recount it, but seems the key here is getting that annual salary under control from the get go. if you are a big club, i would aim for an annual salary of 60MM euros. if a mid/small club, you have to be under 40MM.

when you start the ML, go right ahead to look at your team and analyze salary and contract length. anyone coming into final year of hefty contract, i say sell, unless he is core.

big problem with buying new players is that they always get a massive salary bump if they are established.

first few years of ML is managing the budget first, then the results!!

Thanks for the great tips again guys :)

Well I bit the bullet and started again, I wanted to apply everything I've learnt during my first season and get as much advantage from the off this time round.

So, I took charge of Benfica, a formerly glorious club with the magnificent Stade De Luz but no cash and a fan base that, in ML at any rate, has deserted the club.

This time round, I decided to start by trying to sell as many squad players as I could rather than just release them. I offloaded Stremer, Iorghenov, Fouque and Stein for a combined total of around £150,000, plus some valuable space was made up on the wage bill.

Rather than signing a ton of youth players I've been a lot more selective this time round, mainly due to their wage demands being between 2-4 times the wages of my existing players. Plus, it seems that each time you start a new ML the youth player stats are slightly different each time. I handed professional contracts to Shimizu (rated at 77 this time), Palmieri (a disappointing 64 but hopefully will develop), and unlike last time I've offered contracts to Duffy and Schmidt. For about the first time ever in PES I haven't yet offered a contract to Schwarz, his stats were a lowly 53 this time round so I'm on the fence about him. Does he tend to ever develop in PES2012 into a top player?

My one signing, for £350,000, was for a fellow Div2 central midfielder called Tolchotrzyn. He's a class act, with stats in the mid 70 region. I'd previously made a point of avoiding the made-up Div2 players in older games, but this time round, I need all the help I can get. Plus, you could argue that it's no different to signing a made-up youth player or using a default ML player. But he seems to be a different class.

I missed out on some other targets too so I'll have to wait until the next window opens, although I'll try and tie those transfers up in advance.

Financially, selling players has helped a tiny amount, and the wage bill isn't burdened by so many youth players on £100,000 to £200,000 contracts. This leaves me with a budget of around £1m to spend. One criticism of the financial projection page is that it's misleading, after the September payments go out, it then says that as of the following year I'll be -£1.2M in debt, mainly because for some reason it doesn't include the end of year sponsorship deals that will be paid in, worth £2.4M to my finances. Odd.

Anyways, two games in and I've surpassed my early expectations. I ground out a comfortable 0-0 away draw, followed by a superb 2-0 away win in the second match. My tactics I worked on first time around in ML are now paying dividends in this one, my team seem to be much more cohesive and in support of each other.

I must say that Duffy, a player I ignored first time around, has so far been a revelation in the DCM role. He gets all over the pitch, his high tenacity rating means he wins a lot of challenges, and he feels comfortable on the ball. He's provided the perfect shield for my back four so far.

As for Tolchotrzyn, what an introduction. I signed him a few days before my second match of the season, unveiled him in a press conference (love those cut scenes), then put him straight in the starting eleven to replace an off-form Ettori. Four minutes in, Benfica win a free kick, and up steps Tolchotrzyn, who does this with literally his very first kick of the ball in Benfica colours.

Not a bad first touch of the ball ;)

YouTube - Tolchotrzyn

Last edited:
I managed to get on PES last night for about 5 games or so in my ML, I couldn't stop smiling throughout.

A couple of things that I really love this year :-

The effect of Internationals :-

Giroud has been the best example of this for me this season. Ever since he got called up to the French National squad, he has struggled to be 100% match fit for my league campaign. I have still played him, and he has done ok, but he hasn't been as sharp as he was without the International call-ups. It truly has replicated the feelings that league managers face when players either come back injured or fatigued from National fixtures. I'm happy that he has his chance to play for his country, he earned it, but at the same time, the selfish managerial side of me wishes he'd never been given the call.

I don't know how you can be happy with this aspect. For me it's the worst thing about the game. I've had an international game scheduled 1 day before a Coppa Italia semi final once. Needless to say my main players were exhausted and I went on to lose the game.

In theory there's nothing wrong with an international element within the game, but it's badly implemented at present. I think in the future there should be a minimum of 4 days between an international and your next game to allow sufficient time for recovery.

so my 3 new signings, pastore, belhanda and lewandowski have been brilliant 4 me thus far, cant believe i got them 4 free

pastore has like 6 goals 5 assists in all comps
belhanda 2 goals 9 assists
and lewandowski has 9 goals, hes really giving me a selection headache at the moment cus he as supposed to be carrol's backup but hes got like 4 more goals than carrol.

im 6 in the league thus far and 2nd in the champs league, sporting lisbon are brilliant, there just as gd as man city

My one signing, for £350,000, was for a fellow Div2 central midfielder called Tolchotrzyn. He's a class act, with stats in the mid 70 region.

With or without Master Negotiator? I wanted to sign him too during my first season, but he wouldn't come ... 'doesn't fancy to compete for the position in the squad' was the reason ... I was like "OMG, what competition?!??! You'd be guaranteed starter in my default/youth mixture!!".

Nevertheless, I got him during 2nd season and didn't regret doing it.

I must say that Duffy, a player I ignored first time around, has so far been a revelation in the DCM role. He gets all over the pitch, his high tenacity rating means he wins a lot of challenges, and he feels comfortable on the ball. He's provided the perfect shield for my back four so far.

He, he ... told ya, tenacious little bastard :) Btw. how's Camacho doing this time around? Ratings too low, below mid-60?

I don't know how you can be happy with this aspect. For me it's the worst thing about the game. I've had an international game scheduled 1 day before a Coppa Italia semi final once. Needless to say my main players were exhausted and I went on to lose the game.

In theory there's nothing wrong with an international element within the game, but it's badly implemented at present. I think in the future there should be a minimum of 4 days between an international and your next game to allow sufficient time for recovery.

Have to agree here. The internationals being includesd is a great idea as it mimics real life and as Jimmy said, the troubles a top manager has to face with team selections, but, they scheduling of them needs to be made more realistic.

I had a league game on the wednesday, another league game on the saturday, an international match on the monday and the FA Cup semi final on the Tuesday. !?!?!

Needless to say my entire squad (contains 18 internationals) were almost unfit to play.

By all means keep internationals but make them realistic. league games should not immediately follow an international, there should be a few days, or a week gap, but introduce players picking up injuries from internationals to balance it out.

This Master League had the ability to be the best ever but as usual Konami have ballsed it up. Its been listed many times whats wrong with it so wont go into it but the idea that a international game would be played 24 hours earlier than a league game is madness. How do the players get back? teleport?? mad.
In PES13 the game defo need the player trade brought back - maybe if they make it so that you can only use it if you use the ML default players it will be good? But it needs to come back.

Thanks for the great tips again guys :)

Well I bit the bullet and started again, I wanted to apply everything I've learnt during my first season and get as much advantage from the off this time round.

So, I took charge of Benfica, a formerly glorious club with the magnificent Stade De Luz but no cash and a fan base that, in ML at any rate, has deserted the club.

This time round, I decided to start by trying to sell as many squad players as I could rather than just release them. I offloaded Stremer, Iorghenov, Fouque and Stein for a combined total of around £150,000, plus some valuable space was made up on the wage bill.

Rather than signing a ton of youth players I've been a lot more selective this time round, mainly due to their wage demands being between 2-4 times the wages of my existing players. Plus, it seems that each time you start a new ML the youth player stats are slightly different each time. I handed professional contracts to Shimizu (rated at 77 this time), Palmieri (a disappointing 64 but hopefully will develop), and unlike last time I've offered contracts to Duffy and Schmidt. For about the first time ever in PES I haven't yet offered a contract to Schwarz, his stats were a lowly 53 this time round so I'm on the fence about him. Does he tend to ever develop in PES2012 into a top player?

My one signing, for £350,000, was for a fellow Div2 central midfielder called Tolchotrzyn. He's a class act, with stats in the mid 70 region. I'd previously made a point of avoiding the made-up Div2 players in older games, but this time round, I need all the help I can get. Plus, you could argue that it's no different to signing a made-up youth player or using a default ML player. But he seems to be a different class.

I missed out on some other targets too so I'll have to wait until the next window opens, although I'll try and tie those transfers up in advance.

Financially, selling players has helped a tiny amount, and the wage bill isn't burdened by so many youth players on £100,000 to £200,000 contracts. This leaves me with a budget of around £1m to spend. One criticism of the financial projection page is that it's misleading, after the September payments go out, it then says that as of the following year I'll be -£1.2M in debt, mainly because for some reason it doesn't include the end of year sponsorship deals that will be paid in, worth £2.4M to my finances. Odd.

Anyways, two games in and I've surpassed my early expectations. I ground out a comfortable 0-0 away draw, followed by a superb 2-0 away win in the second match. My tactics I worked on first time around in ML are now paying dividends in this one, my team seem to be much more cohesive and in support of each other.

As for Tolchotrzyn, what an introduction. I signed him a few days before my second match of the season, unveiled him in a press conference (love those cut scenes), then put him straight in the starting eleven to replace an off-form Ettori. Four minutes in, Benfica win a free kick, and up steps Tolchotrzyn, who does this with literally his very first kick of the ball in Benfica colours.

Not a bad first touch of the ball ;)

YouTube - Tolchotrzyn

An instant legend, I love those. :)

I'm going on an undefeated season with Blookrows in the pes league, the cup and the Europa League, I lead the table 5 points ahead of my fiercest opponents, just checked the players development charts and I noticed that a trio of defenders in my starting XI has stopped developing though they are still in their twenties so I put the three on the transfer list in a bid to sell them during the January transfer window(am I WRONG by doing so ???)

With or without Master Negotiator? I wanted to sign him too during my first season, but he wouldn't come ... 'doesn't fancy to compete for the position in the squad' was the reason ... I was like "OMG, what competition?!??! You'd be guaranteed starter in my default/youth mixture!!".

Nevertheless, I got him during 2nd season and didn't regret doing it.

He, he ... told ya, tenacious little bastard :) Btw. how's Camacho doing this time around? Ratings too low, below mid-60?

Is Master Negotiator one of the options to buy in the PES shop (the one that increases player's chances of agreeing a move)? If so, then no, I don't bother unlocking those options. I guess then that I got lucky, I tried to sign him before I restarted my ML but he wouldn't come at that point. I also haven't upgraded any coaches/scouts etc because of cost, so I suppose I really was fortunate to sign him. In fact, I even negotiated his transfer fee and wages down from the initial asking price :BOP:

Next up is to sign a striker in January, I only have the funds for one more player of any quality really, so I'd rather go for goals than sign keeper as yet. Last time I tried ML I went for a GK called Elana, rated at 78, but if you can't hold your own in the middle of the park or score enough goals at the other end, then having a better keeper is academic because there'll be nothing he can do with a weak team in front of him.

Yeah I agree Duffy seems great though, one of those annoying little shits who snaps away at people's ankles!

As for Camacho, he's rated at 57 in this but he is only 16. I've not signed him yet due to wage demands, but I may do if and when I can afford it. The same with Schwarz, he's rated much lower this time round than last time but he demanded wages of over £250,000 a year which is simply too much to spend at this point. I doubt he'll actually grow into the player he was in PES2011.

@Jimmy, it was a real out of the seat moment, that free kick. I selected him to take it, thinking "no, seriously, surely not with his first touch?", then bang, in it went :P

I don't know what it is about the ML defaults and made up players, but even though they're awful, their presence in the game really sets you up for a greater investment in your players, like they have more personality than in other sports titles. Really odd, that one.

If you choose ML default team can you create your own team. I used to have my Sunday league team in PES 3,4 & 5

@Jimmy, it was a real out of the seat moment, that free kick. I selected him to take it, thinking "no, seriously, surely not with his first touch?", then bang, in it went :P

I bet it was mate, it was like when Giroud stepped up to take one for me with the crowd chanting his name. And he buried it. Class.

Speaking of which, Giroud hit 5 goals for me last night in his return to the EPL in a 5-1 thrashing of Blackburn, after I'd rested him for 3 games to get him back to full match fitness. The strange thing was, his replacement, Ben Basat, had played a blinder in his absence. Basat scored 5 goals in 3 games, 3 of those, one in each game, came from free-kicks. He was on fire. He scored a consolation thunderbolt FK against Liverpool. Then the week after scored the winner with another thunderbolt FK against Everton, then another close-range curler FK against Sunderland.

I started thinking, Giroud is probably sat on the bench thinking, 'I should be taking these FK's, I'm the FK King. Anyway, I reluctantly dropped Basat and brought back Giroud, fully fit to play Blackburn. The travelling crowd starting chanting his name before we even kicked off, and he duly obliged them with a stunning FK that had 'Beat That Basat' stamped all over it. He then, just to clarify his position as dead-ball king, added another curler from close-range. He then went on to bag another 3 goals, one of which came from a lovely R3 timed run from a corner. I'll upload all the videos when I get a chance.

I'm in 8th place now, 7 points behind West Ham. Europe is well in my sights, especially after signing a world class CB and four 79 rated CM/RMF/LMF's. The best of the bunch being a chap called Guzman, jeez can this kid dribble. :WOOT:

Last edited:
On another losing streak now :(

Just saw the most outrageously bullshit piece of scripting ever. I was holding onto a 1-0 away lead, when Ettori taps a tiny five yard pass only for the game to override it and make him thump it wildly into touch. From the throw, the game wards itself a free kick when I didn't press any buttons at all, while jockeying behind the attacker. From the free kick, the CPU scores an outrageous Roberto Carlos style dipping free kick over the walk and in.

THEN, in the 94th minute, I'm jockeying again in my penalty area. Again, the ref awards a foul without any contact. Penalty. I guess the right way, save the penalty and clear the ball to my elation. It falls to the CPU who again hits an outrageously ridiculous screamer into the top corner from nearly 40 yards. 2-1. I take the kick off, the game instantly ends.

Fucked. Over.

Not sure I'd have the patience (and time) to play with the default players. Pes12 is frustrating enough with the best players.

On another losing streak now :(

Just saw the most outrageously bullshit piece of scripting ever. I was holding onto a 1-0 away lead, when Ettori taps a tiny five yard pass only for the game to override it and make him thump it wildly into touch. From the throw, the game wards itself a free kick when I didn't press any buttons at all, while jockeying behind the attacker. From the free kick, the CPU scores an outrageous Roberto Carlos style dipping free kick over the walk and in.

THEN, in the 94th minute, I'm jockeying again in my penalty area. Again, the ref awards a foul without any contact. Penalty. I guess the right way, save the penalty and clear the ball to my elation. It falls to the CPU who again hits an outrageously ridiculous screamer into the top corner from nearly 40 yards. 2-1. I take the kick off, the game instantly ends.

Fucked. Over.

happened to me many times for the 4 or 5 first seasons, now that I am in my 11th season I feel that I'm in control of my matches, though I lost in the 1/4 finals of the cup to a team that I've sold to one of my defenders

happened to me many times for the 4 or 5 first seasons, now that I am in my 11th season I feel that I'm in control of my matches, though I lost in the 1/4 finals of the cup to a team that I've sold to one of my defenders

Fk me. Can't wait til season 2023 then lol!

Blimey!

Well after a great start to my first season I've collapsed spectacularly. Two wins from my opening ten fixtures have seen me fall from seventh to fifth from bottom.

I barely concede normal goals. Most seem to be either long range wonder strikes or absolute comedy defending. Like my last game, Palmieri was in acres of space as the ball dropped down to him, so I R2 controlled the ball. Palmieri decided to miscontrol it and took a really heavy touch. He went to gather the ball and Van Den Berg decided to just run into him, knocking them both over, as the CPU just gathered the ball and strolled right down the middle, hit a pathetically soft shot into the middle of the goal, and Lothar 'dived' by falling on his ass and letting the ball trickle under his leg. The ball didn't even reach the net, and I lost yet again 1-0.

It was funny to be fair. But I can't wait to bring in a striker in the January window, Gutierrez, Ordaz and Hamsun are absolutely facking awful. Carthorse isn't the word.

Blimey!

Well after a great start to my first season I've collapsed spectacularly. Two wins from my opening ten fixtures have seen me fall from seventh to fifth from bottom.

I barely concede normal goals. Most seem to be either long range wonder strikes or absolute comedy defending. Like my last game, Palmieri was in acres of space as the ball dropped down to him, so I R2 controlled the ball. Palmieri decided to miscontrol it and took a really heavy touch. He went to gather the ball and Van Den Berg decided to just run into him, knocking them both over, as the CPU just gathered the ball and strolled right down the middle, hit a pathetically soft shot into the middle of the goal, and Lothar 'dived' by falling on his ass and letting the ball trickle under his leg. The ball didn't even reach the net, and I lost yet again 1-0.

It was funny to be fair. But I can't wait to bring in a striker in the January window, Gutierrez, Ordaz and Hamsun are absolutely facking awful. Carthorse isn't the word.
look for a striker called zarate (not mauro zarate but another one) and play maqualao as a RMF and use Hamsun as a CF he delivers good headers, Ettori gives better results if played CMF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom