PES 2012 Football Life thread

I reached the end of season one, no new youth players as yet but I think they might update it in the pre-season perhaps.

@Jimmy, you're lucky then! ;)) my final game I carved out a 2-1 win but the CPU still managed to take a high ball on the chest and bycicle kick into the top corner from nearly 30 yards out. It was their only shot at goal ...

So I finished season one in 15th place with a record of won 10 drawn 10 lost 14. I now have no idea how to improve in the summer break!

I can only assume, and Taylor has already pretty much confirmed this, that it's the defaults that are the problem here then.

On a plus note, I have a 65 Rated Brazilian Youth that has 9 Player Cards...... :CONFUSE: :WOOT:

I can only assume, and Taylor has already pretty much confirmed this, that it's the defaults that are the problem here then.

On a plus note, I have a 65 Rated Brazilian Youth that has 9 Player Cards...... :CONFUSE: :WOOT:

9cards?! Name?
I'm in the process of copying in GTM updates 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5, and with the updates it looks likely I will start again.. Been some transfer updates and also Clasic teams and Players replaced with real players.. Adding a huge number of new talents, seems worth a restart :)

I reached the end of season one, no new youth players as yet but I think they might update it in the pre-season perhaps.

@Jimmy, you're lucky then! ;)) my final game I carved out a 2-1 win but the CPU still managed to take a high ball on the chest and bycicle kick into the top corner from nearly 30 yards out. It was their only shot at goal ...

So I finished season one in 15th place with a record of won 10 drawn 10 lost 14. I now have no idea how to improve in the summer break! My chairman told me 15th is unacceptable but seriously, give me some cash at least!

You will keep your job don't worry, my first year the chairman wanted promotion I finished 14th I think as Hull, he said patience is a virtue etc.. And let me know about the youth players please just out of curiosity, I've quit the defaults, ruining my ML opinion as it stands!

Just got time to play again. Targeting players who are not renewing their contracts is really the way to go especially when unfortunately playig with club management turned off. I was getting really frustrating with not being able to strengthened my team ( especially after losing gerrard downing etc on frees) cus I needed to keep money to pay wages. So took a look at the list, and to my surprise (this time) there were some really good players available, ( pastore, VDV, toulalan, lewandowski, llorente, belhanda etc) already got 3 or 4 coming.

I did drop from 1st to 6th and now to 3rd and I have Juve in the champs league last 16.

So I finished season one in 15th place with a record of won 10 drawn 10 lost 14. I now have no idea how to improve in the summer break! My chairman told me 15th is unacceptable but seriously, give me some cash at least!

look 4 me who are not renewing their contract, been doing it 4 2 season now

9cards?! Name?
I'm in the process of copying in GTM updates 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5, and with the updates it looks likely I will start again.. Been some transfer updates and also Clasic teams and Players replaced with real players.. Adding a huge number of new talents, seems worth a restart :)

His name is Alan, which I'm pretty sure is a Regen, although because I know nothing of this Alan in real-life, he feels like a random to me. :)

Can you post the link to the GTM updates bud please, I struggled to find the link off their site the other day. Cheers.

His name is Alan, which I'm pretty sure is a Regen, although because I know nothing of this Alan in real-life, he feels like a random to me. :)

Can you post the link to the GTM updates bud please, I struggled to find the link off their site the other day. Cheers.

http://www.gtmpesworld.com/p/dl-center-uk.html?m=1

Should be it, had to find it on phone sorry mate literally just turned computer off!
Or if it's the actual link you're looking for then it's the 4shared links below them..

Guys not sure if anyone else has seen this before but by a happy accident i discovered that, Created players don't age when still in the "created players section" but if you negotiate with them they move to the "free agents" whether or not this will change the age thing I don't know, but it can only be helpful to not have "created players" right?

So just began my new ML, Sticking with Hull! New players available for selection and also found some pretty cool manager faces on the PES Fan forums credit to the makers, so Hulls first big signing in the world of PES tis year is Portugal man A. Villas Boas the former Chelsea boss has a point to prove to England, and hopes Hull can provide the platform for success.

Jimmy with the updates there's a couple of 15 Year olds that have to be looked at, been googling but can't find of they actually exist or not but they look incredible, praying while trying to sign them :L

And also A striker called Rhodes, says he's German but it think he's intended to be the Scottish striker from Huddersfield, confirmation?

Last edited:
I think this is the first ML where making subs at the right time is vital.
Before you could just stick a sub on to give him game time but now you have to choose them wisely and at the right time

Well I'm currently 12 games into the year.. Playing on superstar, it's a bloody brillian game! Absolutely no "scripting" except one thing, free kicks.. There have been a few goals from free kicks which shouldn't have even been fouls otherwise it's excellent..

Hull sit 9th in the table having won 5, lost 5 and drawn 2. Scoring 17 and conceding 21, Utaka and Lacombe where the only signings made from other teams as only Palmieri and Shimizu came up from the youth system..
Utaka heads the team for goals with 7 in 8 games since joining.

Has anyone started the game with default ML players and the set amount of cash the club owns? I started with £3.5m in the bank, released and sold 10 players which massively trimmed down the wage bill, promoted a load of youth players then bought just one player, my keeper, for £400,000. I signed some players on loan, which cost just £200,000 for two players over the whole season.

I then failed spectacularly to convince almost anyone to join me in the pre-season, I mean I'm getting rejected by free agents rated at 68 ... and now my balance sheet has come through and I have a whopping £82,000 in the bank. So, basically, I have ZERO money to improve anything at the club or sign any players. The loan players I had have gone back to their clubs, and I don't have the money to sign them back even on loan, which now means my team stats have all dropped from all being 'D' ratings with one 'C' for tactics, down to mostly 'E' ratings in one foul swoop.

I'm totally stuck because there's no scope in any way to bring in any money. Having shitty ML players meant I struggled and finished 15th so there's no lure for players either, it's a vicious circle.

So I have a far worse team than last season, ZERO money to improve it, I mean paying for loan deals isn't even an option, free transfers of any kind of half-assed ability are turning me down. Oh, and my chairman expects me again to win promotion. Riiiiiiight ...

I mean people signing Giroud in this thread is just a pipe dream in my game, he's 83 now, still valued at only £300,000, but he has no interest in coming to me and is being watched by Fiorentina.

How has anyone managed to raise any cash at all? My club is flat broke and all I've done is trim down the squad and patch up the side with loan signings.

Oh, and I did make one cheap free transfer, Gera from West Brom. Seemed perfect, his stats were extremely impressive, a cheap free agent, aged 32. I sign him up, making him by far my best attacker, there's a lovely little cut-scene showing him to the press, all very exciting. One week later, Gera announces, at 32, that he's retiring.

Balls.

Well I carried on into the rest of pre-season and I think I'm giving up with this, there's no fun to be had in it. I finished last season struggling so much that I couldn't wait for the summer to arrive so I can shift some players out, bring some in, and build a new team.

All that's happened is that no-one has bid for any of my players, even though I did the transfer trick or listing them, taking them off the list, re-listing them etc. These players are so shit that it doesn't seem to work.

I then signed CB Cesar on the cheap, rated at 74, and Gera, only to find this will be his first and last season with me as he immediately decided to retire at the end of the season. I ended up having to offload yet more players from my squad to make up the funds defecit, meaning I have a squad size of just 18 players now. All my loan signings, Eubanks-Blake, Delibasic and Andrews have left with no funds to bring them back, so I basically have the same quality side as when I first started, zero funds and a tiny squad.

Of that tiny squad, and after a pre-season that actually seemed to improve some of them, I find that they are mostly on blue form and all my subs are unusable as they're on purple arrows. I then proceed to play out an exact replica of last season, losing 1-0 at home to the only shot on goal that the CPU had. I couldn't make any changes because I don't have any players, and those that are there are on purple form.

So I can look forwards to a worse finish than 15th in all likelihood, and absolutely zero funding put into the club.

What are you supposed to do? I can't sign players on free transfers because their wages are too expensive, I can't develop my team because I have awful coaches and I can't afford the next level of coaches, and none of my squad are worth anything. Not even Shimizu it seems. He's rated at 71 now but is virtually unusable too, he has the physical ability of a five year old. Not only that, but in PES2011 he was pretty much instantly worth at least £1m to start with. In this game, Shimizu is now a full Japan international, rated at 71, and yet the game states his market value is currently £144,000.

WTF?

Last edited:
I've reached season 2020-2021 and i'm ruing all the ljajic, jovetic, marin, elia, goetze, kagawa and others who now turned 30 and more :( and I can't wait until they get recycled

Well I carried on into the rest of pre-season and I think I'm giving up with this, there's no fun to be had in it. I finished last season struggling so much that I couldn't wait for the summer to arrive so I can shift some players out, bring some in, and build a new team.

All that's happened is that no-one has bid for any of my players, even though I did the transfer trick or listing them, taking them off the list, re-listing them etc. These players are so shit that it doesn't seem to work.

I then signed CB Cesar on the cheap, rated at 74, and Gera, only to find this will be his first and last season with me as he immediately decided to retire at the end of the season. I ended up having to offload yet more players from my squad to make up the funds defecit, meaning I have a squad size of just 18 players now. All my loan signings, Eubanks-Blake, Delibasic and Andrews have left with no funds to bring them back, so I basically have the same quality side as when I first started, zero funds and a tiny squad.

Of that tiny squad, and after a pre-season that actually seemed to improve some of them, I find that they are mostly on blue form and all my subs are unusable as they're on purple arrows. I then proceed to play out an exact replica of last season, losing 1-0 at home to the only shot on goal that the CPU had. I couldn't make any changes because I don't have any players, and those that are there are on purple form.

So I can look forwards to a worse finish than 15th in all likelihood, and absolutely zero funding put into the club.

What are you supposed to do? I can't sign players on free transfers because their wages are too expensive, I can't develop my team because I have awful coaches and I can't afford the next level of coaches, and none of my squad are worth anything. Not even Shimizu it seems. He's rated at 71 now but is virtually unusable too, he has the physical ability of a five year old. Not only that, but in PES2011 he was pretty much instantly worth at least £1m to start with. In this game, Shimizu is now a full Japan international, rated at 71, and yet the game states his market value is currently £144,000.

WTF?

Yeah. Combine that with gameplay in which the CPU CF has more ball touches than the CPU CMFs. I've been playing the latest patch update for a few days now I honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about. Nothing fundamental has changed. There is still no midfield play, hardly any CPU back passing, and the CPU centre-forward is still the distributor of the ball just above the midfield circle. If you truly love football, then you also admire midfield play and some of your favorite players are the great midfielders, like Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo, etc. But I can play as Madrid vs. Barcelona in a 20 minute match and Xavi will have around 18 ball touches but David Villa will have 32. Whatever algorithm needs to be adjusted to switch this incongruity around might turn this into a great game. Until then, to my regret, I say blah.

Really confident at my domination in early friendly againts strange team 3-0 and nice team play, but FFS... losing 3-0 and 4-1 againts mancity and chelsea for the first 2 matches of my first ML season ever (15mins + top player) in PES 2012 with newcastle's actual starting lineups.. Probably will try long ball next time..

@Radha1
At first i have extreme annoyance at the cpu play you mention too.. using thi 1.06 and some gamplay and edit file patches there is quite a difference now. However, i feel like if i do patience in holding up play and tracking cpu ai more than pressuring them from the start.. they are going to spend more time passing around, and less foul by my sides :P

Last edited:
@LTFC

Might be easier if they brought back the player trade option.
You ML sounds like pulling teeth. Painful.
I had Evo 12 again for last two weeks and I just can't get on with it. There are so many bugs and glitches.
But this time around I've really noticed how poor the animations are. They really stand out.
I think it was you who said that Daymos option file made the game look worse and I agree with that. You can really see the editing. Shame as he puts so much work into it.
Really hopefully for pes13 cos two weeks after playing pes12 again I'm back to hating and being frustrated with the game again.

When you score a goal and watch the final replay you really see the bugs and glitches.

Players feet morphing through the ball. Keepers morphing through a post.
Balls going through players.
The shot you thought was in the top corner is bang in the middle of the goal.

Really hope konami sort all this out for the new game.

Well I'm still enjoying the game on the pitch, 95% of my losses are currently down to having default ML players, but seriously, I need some cash! I started on £3.5 million which is a misleading figure in itself, as salaries etc come out before the season starts, which left just 1.2m in the bank.

I then signed lots of youth players, but their wages are considerably higher than the ML defaults, so that total went down to about £900,000 in the bank. I bought one keeper, and two loan signings which cost a grand total of £900,000, and barely had any money come in from gate receipts and sponsorship money.

I then made one free transfer signing, one signing for a 'huge' sum of £350,000 and got rid of a load more players, plus my loan signings returned to their clubs, leaving me with a squad roughly six players lighter than before and with a bank balance of £38,000. From here on in all I can look forward to is gate receipt money, which will bring in £700,000 'ish and a bit of sponsorship that covers the player wages, meaning by the end of season two I'll have a bank balance of £700,000 - which is enough to cover pretty much one cheap signing and his yearly wages, or a new coach. All that for a complete season.

Like I said, I can't even cash in on any of my players, Palmieri and Shimizu are both rated 71 now and yet their value is just £140,000 odd each.

Beyond winning promotion with the ML defaults and gaining more money in the top division, I can't see how it's possible to build a team without spending 11 seasons signing one player per year at an average rating ...

Well I'm still enjoying the game on the pitch, 95% of my losses are currently down to having default ML players, but seriously, I need some cash! I started on £3.5 million which is a misleading figure in itself, as salaries etc come out before the season starts, which left just 1.2m in the bank.

I then signed lots of youth players, but their wages are considerably higher than the ML defaults, so that total went down to about £900,000 in the bank. I bought one keeper, and two loan signings which cost a grand total of £900,000, and barely had any money come in from gate receipts and sponsorship money.

I then made one free transfer signing, one signing for a 'huge' sum of £350,000 and got rid of a load more players, plus my loan signings returned to their clubs, leaving me with a squad roughly six players lighter than before and with a bank balance of £38,000. From here on in all I can look forward to is gate receipt money, which will bring in £700,000 'ish and a bit of sponsorship that covers the player wages, meaning by the end of season two I'll have a bank balance of £700,000 - which is enough to cover pretty much one cheap signing and his yearly wages, or a new coach. All that for a complete season.

Like I said, I can't even cash in on any of my players, Palmieri and Shimizu are both rated 71 now and yet their value is just £140,000 odd each.

Beyond winning promotion with the ML defaults and gaining more money in the top division, I can't see how it's possible to build a team without spending 11 seasons signing one player per year at an average rating ...

You have my utmost respect for braving this challenge out, it doesn't get any harder than what your trying to achieve.

You have my utmost respect for braving this challenge out, it doesn't get any harder than what your trying to achieve.

Haha cheers! There must be some people out there who have braved the cold winds of PES2012 ML defaults and lived to tell the tale? Has anyone here taken on the default ML with such little cash and turned their club into a giant?

I think I might give it a go. Love a challenge. What level are you on? pro?

I'm thinking the key in the first season is to improve coaches and fan club. That way, existing players should improve and more money should come in for gate receipts. Wait till the 2nd season for any signings.

I'll keep you updated

Yeah I'm on pro, no assists, 15 minute games. Keep us updated, if anything I need some advice on raising cash! I'm one step away from having the Only Fools and Horses theme tune when I'm playing!

LTFC .... I did exactly what you are trying to do, started with my own made up ML team, with the default players, a measly bank balance, low gate receipts and everything else.
I am now 13 seasons in and reguarly in the champions league, with a bank balance over £100 million.

I can only give a few pointers as to what has worked for me along the way so here goes:

- The early stages are hard, the defaults are shit, and as blunt as it sounds the first and foremost key to building your club is success on the pitch, you need to get results.

- With Transfers, i sold a few defaulters, Shimizu, Ettori et al, and in the early stages either signed loan players, or promoted from within the youths

- After promoting youths, some of them develop very quickly and will easily be better than the defaults and give that little extra oomph you need in key positions (depending on training schedule)

- get your training schedule sorted, this is KEY to developing players.
focus on speed, technique, strategy, and always condition a day or 2 before a game.

- Sign a decent Striker, whether he is opromoted and developed from the youths, a loan or a cash signing, you need a player who has a good shot on him.

- Check the transfer list reguarly, on the 1st Jan look for all 15-19yr olds out of contract, and on the 1st Feb, search through all the free agents as players would have left clubs after the Jan window.
You can pick up some bargains here.

- Check the list of targets as this is a list of players that are likely to agree a move to your club, so a higher chance of signing them.
Dont be afraid to sign some veterans, they will improve your squad and can often be sold on at a decent price

- Dont play too direct, work the space, create openings, pull the CPU team around, just like real life. taking route 1 to goal often leaves you frustrated.

- Track CPU runners, its not always the ball carrier that can do the damage. Use secondary press here to jockey the ball carrier and track the forward runs.

Try and maintain a regular first 11 - rotating players often or piling in lots of new signings will just impact on your teamwork,and equilibrum as a unit.

- Map alternate formations/strategies to the other buttons so you can quickly swap to a 5-4-1 defensive line up if you need to protect a lead, or switch to a 3-4-3 if you need a goal back.

- Use the R3 off the ball runs - Great for corners and sending forwards running through.

Once you start to pick up results it gets so much easier, get promoted to the prem and you'll be pulling in around £1 million per home game, Europa league matches around £2.3 million per home game and Champions League over £3 million per game.
If need be play on regular until you get promoted then step it up.

and of course, when money allows, investing in better coaches, scouts etc will only improve things.
As will increasing your marketing budget (higher merchandise, better sponsors etc) andinvesting in youth team will see much higher caliber players come through the ranks.

Have a few tips and tricks articles up on my site here: PESUltra

Hope that helps a bit and keep us posted on how you do.

Last edited:
LTFC .... I did exactly what you are trying to do, started with my own made up ML team, with the default players, a measly bank balance, low gate receipts and everything else.
I am now 13 seasons in and reguarly in the champions league, with a bank balance over £100 million.

I can only give a few pointers as to what has worked for me along the way so here goes:

- The early stages are hard, the defaults are shit, and as blunt as it sounds the first and foremost key to building your club is success on the pitch, you need to get results.

- With Transfers, i sold a few defaulters, Shimizu, Ettori et al, and in the early stages either signed loan players, or promoted from within the youths

- After promoting youths, some of them develop very quickly and will easily be better than the defaults and give that little extra oomph you need in key positions (depending on training schedule)

- get your training schedule sorted, this is KEY to developing players.
focus on speed, technique, strategy, and always condition a day or 2 before a game.

- Sign a decent Striker, whether he is opromoted and developed from the youths, a loan or a cash signing, you need a player who has a good shot on him.

- Check the transfer list reguarly, on the 1st Jan look for all 15-19yr olds out of contract, and on the 1st Feb, search through all the free agents as players would have left clubs after the Jan window.
You can pick up some bargains here.

- Check the list of targets as this is a list of players that are likely to agree a move to your club, so a higher chance of signing them.
Dont be afraid to sign some veterans, they will improve your squad and can often be sold on at a decent price

- Dont play too direct, work the space, create openings, pull the CPU team around, just like real life. taking route 1 to goal often leaves you frustrated.

- Track CPU runners, its not always the ball carrier that can do the damage. Use secondary press here to jockey the ball carrier and track the forward runs.

Try and maintain a regular first 11 - rotating players often or piling in lots of new signings will just impact on your teamwork,and equilibrum as a unit.

- Map alternate formations/strategies to the other buttons so you can quickly swap to a 5-4-1 defensive line up if you need to protect a lead, or switch to a 3-4-3 if you need a goal back.

- Use the R3 off the ball runs - Great for corners and sending forwards running through.

Once you start to pick up results it gets so much easier, get promoted to the prem and you'll be pulling in around £1 million per home game, Europa league matches around £2.3 million per home game and Champions League over £3 million per game.
If need be play on regular until you get promoted then step it up.

and of course, when money allows, investing in better coaches, scouts etc will only improve things.
As will increasing your marketing budget (higher merchandise, better sponsors etc) andinvesting in youth team will see much higher caliber players come through the ranks.

Have a few tips and tricks articles up on my site here: PESUltra

Hope that helps a bit and keep us posted on how you do.

Excellent post, and complete proof that anything is possible.

Thanks Bud, and more proof that PES12 really is the deepest most realistic and thoroughly rewarding title in the series yet.

Thanks so much for taking the time to offer some good advice, trust me when I say everything you said has been duly noted! :)

I am toying with restarting my ML, I appear to have a bug in it. All of a sudden, for whatever reason, my 'list of targets' which basically is your only source of players who might be interested has disappeared. When you select the list, it just comes up blank saying 'no players meet your criteria'.

Anyone know if this is a bug or at least what triggers it?

Thanks so much for taking the time to offer some good advice, trust me when I say everything you said has been duly noted! :)

I am toying with restarting my ML, I appear to have a bug in it. All of a sudden, for whatever reason, my 'list of targets' which basically is your only source of players who might be interested has disappeared. When you select the list, it just comes up blank saying 'no players meet your criteria'.

It's not a bug, I've had that also. They will reappear closer to the transfer window. I assume it's because your team is poor, and potential targets are few and far between. I don't get that anymore but I did initiallly for the first few seasons.

It's not a bug. It just means there are currently no players who would be interested in a move to your club. Sorry :(

Ah okay, cheers.

I might restart anyways, this is becoming torture to be honest. Seven games in, and I'm second from bottom of Div2 with no wins. Just got spanked 4-1 at home thanks to four goals from four shots on goal, two of them deflections from my clearances that cannoned off the CPU as they were closing me down FFS. The other two goals, my defenders seem to be so bad that everyone who I wasn't controlling just ran away from the ball as a pass went into my penalty area. They literally dispersed from their own penalty box.

And now I can't even try to make some loan signings because the list of targets has disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom