PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Returned to this beauty last night.
What a pleasure playing this Vs 20,it's stiffer sure,but everything else is just so much better.
Had a CL game with my Milan (9th season) Vs FC Basel,which I lost 1-0,a bit overpowered ai ,but that's EL/CL for you,no biggie really.
4 yellow an one red card for me,3 yellow and a red for them,two injuries on their players as well.
Brilliant game.
Might actually buy a second copy,my disc is so and so.

What a pleasure playing this Vs 20,it's stiffer sure,but everything else is just so much better.
Had a CL game with my Milan (9th season) Vs FC Basel,which I lost 1-0,a bit overpowered ai ,but that's EL/CL for you,no biggie really.
4 yellow an one red card for me,3 yellow and a red for them,two injuries on their players as well.
Brilliant game.
I bought it twice myself! :LOL:
Last time I came home with a copy I found the old one down in the shelve! :LOL:

Last edited:
@papinho81 thanks brother,I'll dig in to those asap.
Really appreciate it
Dudes? Rock and @papinho81 ? with much respect on both of you guys, how effective is to change all the CPU tactics for a deep ML?
As far as now, although i usually change 3-4 cpu team tactics , i see that after 1 season or after even after the first transfer window, some managers from the licensed groups, tend to return to their default tactics. Some of them have some second flat alternatives like 4-4-2 British style, that keep changing it with their default.
I mean that do the changes in CPU remain during next seasons?

Dudes? Rock and @papinho81 ? with much respect on both of you guys, how effective is to change all the CPU tactics for a deep ML?
As far as now, although i usually change 3-4 cpu team tactics , i see that after 1 season or after even after the first transfer window, some managers from the licensed groups, tend to return to their default tactics. Some of them have some second flat alternatives like 4-4-2 British style, that keep changing it with their default.
Good question,do they revert back to a different (more simple) tactic that fast.
Never thought of that.
I usually only sett tactics for the league I'm playing in,the rest of the league's your hardly playing.

In my experience (on PS4) teams stick to their manager tactics (works with custom ones) BUT managers do not necessary stick to teams. There is a manager carousel in PES (which is not really the case in the other game and I love that idea), so if Klopp moves to Eibar, Eibar will use the tactic assigned previously to Liverpool and Liverpool will use their new manager tactic. If the new manager comes from a team you didn't edit the tactic, they will use one of those screwed non fluid konami tactics.
I can't remember if I did long simulations of several seasons to check if tactics would stick properly to managers throughout the years though.

In my experience (on PS4) teams stick to their manager tactics (works with custom ones) BUT managers do not necessary stick to teams. There is a manager carousel in PES (which is not really the case in the other game and I love that idea), so if Klopp moves to Eibar, Eibar will use the tactic assigned previously to Liverpool and Liverpool will use their new manager tactic. If the new manager comes from a team you didn't edit the tactic, they will use one of those screwed non fluid konami tactics.
I can't remember if I did long simulations of several seasons to check if tactics would stick properly to managers throughout the years though.
Love that Pes has a lot of coaches coming and going,never quite liked that FIFA hasn't (to my knowledge).
And that really cool when managers takes their style to a new club,just like irl.
Yeah Kloppo in Eibar would be fun😁

Yes i remember this. There was a "bug" before 2018, when i was manager in a PEU team and i leaved for an other team, due to my request and not by acceptimg a propose, my old club had a generic manager or a "clone" of mine, same name, grey figure and same tactics.
On 2019 i noticed for example Valverde in Barcelona had a 4-4-2 with 2 CF, but during year he got another formation , a 4-3-3 , due to myCLUB mostly, where same manager can have multiple "cards" versions-tactics, cause the tactics in mC are locked. So i noticed during the second season in ML, Barcelona having Valverde, was using both formations 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 , based on the criteria the AI picks the squad, form, fatigue etc. Their first formation was edited by me to be SS-CF on attack, to help AI make better squad rotation. In our second leg CL group match, they used the 4-3-3 formation (Valverde version). During mid season, when i went back to check Barca, they were still under Valverde management, but he used the 4-4-2 with CF-CF, (Valverde default).
Ofcourse this was PES2019 and maybe i am already off topic, cause 17's manager roulette system on ML was more archaic, then on 2019.
But i have a strong feeling that after 3-4 seasons most managers seem to use tactics more similar to the default ones than their starting ones. Speaking mostly about wierd spacing, positioning, the shape remains same.

Welp, I think Im going to start a ML with this one. The past few weeks I installed over 6 footy games and this one came out on top from the PES side. I just hope the scripting isnt as bad as in 20.

Welp, I think Im going to start a ML with this one. The past few weeks I installed over 6 footy games and this one came out on top from the PES side. I just hope the scripting isnt as bad as in 20.
I have a very strong Milan team,9th season 80-85 ovr.
And the scripting for me is manageable,currently 10 straight wins in the league (mixed opposition) TS 85-90.

Hell yeah. played a nice couple of games. Damn, how I wish ML was deeper. I dont care so much about training in fifa and all that, but its kinda nice to have a better market in fifa. Gameplay so far is nice and what do you know Im getting fouls and goals I havent seen in a while

Brilliant game.

Wow, so many cards? And I thought Pes 2017 didn´t had fouls ahah.
Might just try it for a couple weeks as well.

Wow, so many cards? And I thought Pes 2017 didn´t had fouls ahah.
Might just try it for a couple weeks as well.
17 is the game with most fouls for sure,it doesn't go that crazy all the time,but I'd say 10 games of Pes 17 has more fouls than 18+19+20 together.
Great game!

A few video snippets coming in... cause I had a blast this morning and want to share.
Chaos, manual panicking in front of goal, deflections, a pen, last minute fights... and how I loved how Santi Cazorla (who I moved back, AND who’s taking over by the AI so lovely to defend) was able to clear that ball!! Pure madness. And i enjoyed it A LOT!!!
Need to go to the barber now, but when I’m back...

Edit:

wish I could play some Bundesliga teams this afternoon. Need that 2020 OF for 2017!!
I’m on -1, 20 min, professional btw! Stepped it up from -2 as it felt a tad to slow these days.

Last edited:
A few video snippets coming in... cause I had a blast this morning and want to share.
Chaos, manual panicking in front of goal, deflections, a pen, last minute fights... and how I loved how Santi Cazorla (who I moved back, AND who’s taking over by the AI to lovely, defensive behavior) was able to clear that ball!! Pure madness. And i enjoyed it A LOT!!!
Need to go to the barber now, but when I’m back...

Edit:

wish I could play some Bundesliga teams this afternoon. Need that 2020 OF for 2017!!
I’m on -1, 20 min, professional btw! Stepped it up from -2 as it felt a tad to slow these days.
Looks lovely mate,glad that you returned to this gem of a game.
Don't be afraid of TP when you need to make it tougher (or not).
It's a very good difficulty
I used to play this on FUMA and SS for a while,but it got a bit hectic:)

Looks lovely mate,glad that you returned to this gem of a game.
Don't be afraid of TP when you need to make it tougher (or not).
It's a very good difficulty
I used to play this on FUMA and SS for a while,but it got a bit hectic:)
It is tough enough for my liking atm, but I’ll keep that in mind.
Wish there were more balls to choose from. 26 ain’t much, when only 2-3 replicate real balls. But then, the pitch pattern are nicer. :)

Last edited:
It is tough enough for my liking atm, but I’ll keep that in mind.
Wish there were more balls to choose from. 26 ain’t much, when only 2-3 replicate real balls. But then, the pitch pattern are nicer. :)
One thing,if you want it to be realistic,you can switch to a yellow winter ball,which (if playing a licensed league) you couldn't on Pes 20.
I'd take more boots too,but I don't really care,I even have generic kits etc on Xbox,since gameplay is super solid

One thing,if you want it to be realistic,you can switch to a yellow winter ball,which (if playing a licensed league) you couldn't on Pes 20.
I'd take more boots too,but I don't really care,I even have generic kits etc on Xbox,since gameplay is super solid
I’ll have a look for that ball later. I was playing that second last one. Only one that looked kinda real to me.
Used to play a yellow derbystar in 2020 wich looked like an old PL ball.
Boots I don’t see to much is I don’t mind.

You haven’t seen a link to a 2020 OF for PES2017?! What’s up with that project from page 422?!

I’ll have a look for that ball later. I was playing that second last one. Only one that looked kinda real to me.
Used to play a yellow derbystar in 2020 wich looked like an old PL ball.
Boots I don’t see to much is I don’t mind.

You haven’t seen a link to a 2020 OF for PES2017?! What’s up with that project from page 422?!
Nope,can't help you there my friend.
Its @AntonyC_PESCustomFaces project right?

You just can’t make that sxxx up. :LOL:

So i had a little break to get me something to drink (actually a softdrink made in GB, as I had to find out not to long ago). Anyway... so I’m back...
And Ibra was already waiting... :LOL:

A few minutes later, simple man I am, I had my sweet revenge!! :LMAO:

You know? Two things come in my mind after watching your videos. And i am really scared for both of them.
1) Your videos make me wanna play again the game. It looks so fresh!
2) Watching the whole player movement and general AI concensus in 2017, makes 2020 look outdated! !! :(

If it was not the graphics and the oddKONAMI boards, scoreboards and add-boards, i could easily buy that you are playing some PES2021 early beta anytime!!! :P

You know? Two things come in my mind after watching your videos. And i am really scared for both of them.
1) Your videos make me wanna play again the game. It looks so fresh!
2) Watching the whole player movement and general AI concensus in 2017, makes 2020 look outdated! !! :(

If it was not the graphics and the oddKONAMI boards, scoreboards and add-boards, i could easily buy that you are playing some PES2021 early beta anytime!!! :P

Yeah pal absolutely!

I did some random match as well time ago and it blew my mind how 2017 AI is so varied and well put togheter. Can't believe what they progressively did to it especially from 19 onwards (18 was super unfair but still acceptable in some measure)

Back
Top Bottom