PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

The shots that bend so lovely. The players physically while clashing. AI. That I can lunge tackle for every lost ball outside the pitch. That I can smash the ball after whistle blown. Keeper stationary animation. TV like replays. AI. Opponent goes for my tricks. Fast throw ins from far outside the pitch. R2 finesse shots. R2 dribble. Scuffed attempts of any kind. Variety towards goal. Flying headers. Crowd reacting to on pitch action. Player ID. No offside bug. Pass percentage. 1on1 battles.
:LOVE:

Last edited:
Is it possible to edit 2017 teams and stuff on PC and then import to PS4?!
The edit system is much older so I thought there might be a chance.
Just a basic tool to enter names and tailor with stats faster and more relaxed.

Is it possible to edit 2017 teams and stuff on PC and then import to PS4?!
The edit system is much older so I thought there might be a chance.
Just a basic tool to enter names and tailor with stats faster and more relaxed.
Did you try again with this Option File? How is it looking. I had a quick check and some teams in premier league had kits folder and some of them (like Liverpool) just a bin file. I dont want to break my current (2016/17) Option File. Even if I could just do kits - id be happy. Just dont know should I just them manually, from Pes20 Option File, or what..

Edit: forget it. I edited all kits manually using 2020 OF and they look great. Left squads as they were as I dont mind that.

Last edited:
Did you try again with this Option File? How is it looking. I had a quick check and some teams in premier league had kits folder and some of them (like Liverpool) just a bin file. I dont want to break my current (2016/17) Option File. Even if I could just do kits - id be happy. Just dont know should I just them manually, from Pes20 Option File, or what..
I tested importing 2020 data to the 2017 game but it won’t work! So what I did first was installing the option file over my old save and edit data. I thought this had messed up stuff from the old edit data, but it didn’t as I had to find out later. I was just a little confused because I forgot about the edited state of my 2017. Yes I deleted my edit that out and started from scratch, I now have only the edited stuff through the option file! But I begun to like the legends, and know how I want to use them in the game! My own legends mode, as I already explained. :)
Set all PL teams to their current formations and legends are benched for substitution.

I really would like to edit at least the Bundesliga on PC and then copy it over to my PS4. What I did on PS4 so far is editing all the league logos/names and emblems for the teams. Some international teams from Europe come already edited, like Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus!

Edit: So you just imported the PNG’s and linked them to the teams? How did you do that? My 2017 recognized the USB stick but won’t read the data on it (pesuniverse v5). Did you put just the kit png’s on the stick and then manually import?

Edit: Ah. Teams I can’t import. Pictures are fine. Awesome.

Last edited:
Edit: So you just imported the PNG’s and linked them to the teams? How did you do that? My 2017 recognized the USB stick but won’t read the data on it (pesuniverse v5). Did you put just the kit png’s on the stick and then manually import?
Yeah, I imported all the english teams kits from SOME pesuniverse OF (dont even know which one it was) and then manually overwritten all the edited kits in game. Kits was really all I was after, so Im happy.

@PRO_TOO @Emroth dudes, i assume i am too late, but you cannot import data from 2020 to 2017. It is different file types .bin &.ted . Basically you cant even import data between different year PES games, even if they have same file types.
I mean about team datad, png images can be imported free.
@Emroth Liverpool was licensed in 2017, that's why there is only the .bin. I guess.

Yeah. Half the PL got new kits thanks to @Emroth !! 👏 I imported the kits and assigned them to the teams. Takes time, sure.

Will edit the rest and start a league this weekend.
I started new ML with Wolves in D2. Four kits - love to have so many choices!
3 games - L,W,D. All fair and square.

Some AI movements are jaw dropping there. Its like a living, breathing organism thats waiting for your move and act accordingly. They see me charging sometimes - they just stop and wait until I fly by.. their dribbling, their improvisations - none of the new games have a fraction of it.

@PRO_TOO i hope all this time you were posting about updated OF, you didn't mean only kits, which can be done manually, but also new rosters with
.bin files.
Cause if you meant only kits, i will feel big failure, the answer was so simple and always here-there.
Nevermind your kits will work well. There will be only some detailed changes cause the 2017 template is different from 2018 and onwards. But in my opinion a kit looks better when imported to 2017 with 18 template , compared to a kit imported to 2018 with a 2017 template.

Why you can't press R2? I used to always assign R2 on left SHIFT. (I was also a keyboard player until 2015).

I just for long time was used default keymapping from FIFA (in all PES on PC):

pes-6-settings.jpg

May be you right that i was pressed R2 in those moment on video.
It was long time ago and i don't remember already correctly.
For long time i just used basic controls (W, D, S, A, E, Q and Up, Left, Down, Right) and with time i know the power, usability and comfort of gamepad .

Last edited:
@PRO_TOO i hope all this time you were posting about updated OF, you didn't mean only kits, which can be done manually, but also new rosters with
.bin files.
Cause if you meant only kits, i will feel big failure, the answer was so simple and always here-there.
Nevermind your kits will work well. There will be only some detailed changes cause the 2017 template is different from 2018 and onwards. But in my opinion a kit looks better when imported to 2017 with 18 template , compared to a kit imported to 2018 with a 2017 template.
I did import the Teams first. Then I decided to add the 2020 pngs last night. Had to turn off shorts number and change some name and number colors for the shirt... but that’s it.

I did import the Teams first. Then I decided to add the 2020 pngs last night. Had to turn off shorts number and change some name and number colors for the shirt... but that’s it.
Ok as long as the format/template is in the current state, you can import PNG kits for eternity.

@Sany023 nice detail here, my pc keyboard profile is the same with you. I only change W with E cause i need to push Sprint with middle finger and use the around fingers to press shoot,tackle,cursor change,through pass.
My transition in PC was also from FIFA 99/2000 to PES3 and i had a very bad gamepad, so i play all pes from 3 to 2013 with keyboard better than with gamepad.
Also i have a feeling that since PES 19&20 are more 8-D than 360¤, it is an advantage if someone can play with keyboard arrows, even better than the D-Pad cross of a gamepad, cause the moves are more precise. The only minus that made me jump to learn play with gamepad was that you cannot aim manually with the L2 manual modifier and that my elbows are injured more when playing with keyboard.
This just doesn't apply for pes15~18 were the movement is more fluid and close to pseudo360.
But 19 and 2020 have so strickt rails that make the movement almost 4-D or 8-D, so moving with keyboard seems as a big advantage, if someone can live without L2 manual aims.

Ok as long as the format/template is in the current state, you can import PNG kits for eternity.

@Sany023 nice detail here, my pc keyboard profile is the same with you. I only change W with E cause i need to push Sprint with middle finger and use the around fingers to press shoot,tackle,cursor change,through pass.
My transition in PC was also from FIFA 99/2000 to PES3 and i had a very bad gamepad, so i play all pes from 3 to 2013 with keyboard better than with gamepad.
Also i have a feeling that since PES 19&20 are more 8-D than 360¤, it is an advantage if someone can play with keyboard arrows, even better than the D-Pad cross of a gamepad, cause the moves are more precise. The only minus that made me jump to learn play with gamepad was that you cannot aim manually with the L2 manual modifier and that my elbows are injured more when playing with keyboard.
This just doesn't apply for pes15~18 were the movement is more fluid and close to pseudo360.
But 19 and 2020 have so strickt rails that make the movement almost 4-D or 8-D, so moving with keyboard seems as a big advantage, if someone can live without L2 manual aims.
Man playing Pes with keyboard,next level stuff there 👍

...as long as there are free import slots! ;)

Man playing Pes with keyboard,next level stuff there 👍
For most gamers and most of my friends it sounds strange.It was for me also. It took me all the 1999 to get used where to place my fingers and not push unmapped buttons, but as you get used it is like you are playing piano.
In pes 6 give me a gamepad and i will get out of bounds by myself unmarked 5/10 times. Give me a keyboard and i can dribble on a sting on spiderweb.
It really creates huge advantage in old games with heavy rails, cause it is almost impossible to missclick a wrong direction, when you press UP it is just up.
Of course i repeat it almost impossible to use any manual, L2 or PA0 or to take any benefit from 360 movement.

Last edited:
And all the "paranoia" of PES summaries in PES2011 where the "normal" players were walking in 360 and run in 8-D by taking sharp turns between rails, while some players like Messi,Robben,Arshavin had a special skill card (i think it was "Speed Merchant" or "Marskman") and could walk and sprint in full 360¤.
So it was the paradox, you could take full advantage of the common players only by D-PAD , and full advantage of the special skill players only by using the analog stick.

For most gamers and most of my friends it sounds strange.It was for me also. It took me all the 1999 to get used where to place my fingers and not push unmapped buttons, but as you get used it is like you are playing piano.
In pes 6 give me a gamepad and i will get out by myself unmarked 5/10 times. Give me a keyboard and i can dribble on a sting on spiderweb.
It really creates huge advantage in old games with heavy rails, cause it is almost impossible to missclick a wrong direction, when you press UP it is just up.
Of course i repeat it almost impossible to use any manual, L2 or PA0 or to take any benefit from 360 movement.
Remember playing NHL (97-98) with keyboard and mouse in my workplace,took a while to get the hang of it.
But I get it,most shooters would never play COD etc with a gamepad

When I want to use the TEM 2017: https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2016/09/pes-team-editor-manager.html

Where can I download the correct bin files?
I’ve download a 2017 team.bin but get an error when I want to open this file in TEM2017. Its been too long I guess. :D

I just want to edit a team on pc then save the bin file and import into the game on PS4! Any help is appreciated.

As I understand the tool: I need to have several bin files ready... ball.bin, team.bin...

And then there are cpk’s...! :BLINK:

When I want to use the TEM 2017: https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2016/09/pes-team-editor-manager.html

Where can I download the correct bin files?
I’ve download a 2017 team.bin but get an error when I want to open this file in TEM2017. Its been too long I guess. :D

I just want to edit a team on pc then save the bin file and import into the game on PS4! Any help is appreciated.

As I understand the tool: I need to have several bin files ready... ball.bin, team.bin...

And then there are cpk’s...! :BLINK:
CPKs are for PC dude..for pc game
. You can take the .bin files bt expirting the teams from your ps4 console to your USB stick. But you can only edit the bins not the cpks for console.
And IIRC you need a decrypter to decrypt the .bins from your ps4, edit them and then re-encrypt them and import again back on ps4.
I do not know what you have in mind, but it is more complicated than you think it is.

Tbh honest I've played with a keyboard too from Pes 3 all the way to Pes 2013. Never felt the real need for a joypad even though I was also regularly playing on Ps2. Then when current gen stuff came out I moved on, using the Ps3 dualshock on PC (still using it) not much for Pes but for Fifas that were kinda unplayable (at least to me) with the keyboard.

Interesting discussions for PES 17. I remember as it concluded, I was ready to be done with it. Think if I were to compare it to PES 20 though, I'd welcome it back.

I have a lot of unlisted PES 17 videos if anyone wants me to post them. I'll start by posting one of my favs with my 5-second fix + Body Control set to 40 for all players:

Oooo, interesting! What happens to the gameplay when Body Control set to 40?

CPKs are for PC dude..for pc game
. You can take the .bin files bt expirting the teams from your ps4 console to your USB stick. But you can only edit the bins not the cpks for console.
And IIRC you need a decrypter to decrypt the .bins from your ps4, edit them and then re-encrypt them and import again back on ps4.
I do not know what you have in mind, but it is more complicated than you think it is.
Yeah I remember that converter tool (sucheon something, right?!).
I’m not shy working a little harder IF it works out in the end.
Is it possible to have a voice chat with you this weekend?! Wanna help? ;)
Edit: I’m not a computer noob so you can talk IT with me!! :D

Yeah I remember that converter tool (sucheon something, right?!).
I’m not shy working a little harder IF it works out in the end.
Is it possible to have a voice chat with you this weekend?! Wanna help? ;)
Edit: I’m not a computer noob so you can talk IT with me!! :D
I don't have any taboos dude. But unfortunately i am a noob here !!! ;)
I tried out once but i gave up , cause it seems hard as a mountain to me.
To give you a small thumbnail even if you achieve with the decrypt , you must work each team bin separate in an MS office Excel sheet. And it maybe cause you errors due the process depending on the MS office version you use.
Sorry pal i have zero experience on this. But i know someone that can help if you want. He is an admin on pesgamimg forum , named "Buckshot". He posted here recently with a similar allias but cannot find him now, cause i am from mobile phone. But i swear you he is a master expert on this editimg process. He knows also how to flag players as LiveUpdated, which means he can add hundreds or thousamds of new players, instead of the limit in created players slots.
Sorry pal, also sorry Bucks for not remember you here!!! :(

PS.: @Sobakus dude can you tag Buckshot?

P.S.2: Maybe Sobak can also help with this, i think he uses it too.

Back
Top Bottom