PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

@PRO_TOO @rockstrongo Yeah this is just a tad too sluggish on -2 speed. Especially as I have camera zoomed out as well.

-1 can get a little frantic but the game stays fun and animations look good. Think I’ll stick with this speed.

What’s your opinion on the old free kick system with arrows?

Its clear a majority prefer the newer system from 2018 onwards, but honestly it’s too easy to score from them. On these games I prefer a free kick than a penalty because it’s a guaranteed goal, especially vs CPU.

When I played this the most,i could probably score on 1/3 of free kicks,if they were relatively close or in good position.
I prefer this system vs the new one

Sure does,stats really matters!
Have you played any rainy pitches yet? Where the ball almost get stuck?
Such a cool feature
Yes! It’s such an underrated and simple feature to include - why did they take this out in later games

Oh yeah and I keep getting fouls and the ref giving me free kicks. It’s weird. again, in later PES games we don’t see many fouls.

Its clear a majority prefer the newer system from 2018 onwards, but honestly it’s too easy to score from them. On these games I prefer a free kick than a penalty because it’s a guaranteed goal, especially vs CPU.
I do turn the arc off every first set piece in a match. Can’t stand it.
The system per se is more varied and not that nerve breaking as in 2020, imo. We know the story.

Yes! It’s such an underrated and simple feature to include - why did they take this out in later games

Oh yeah and I keep getting fouls and the ref giving me free kicks. It’s weird. again, in later PES games we don’t see many fouls.
It’s the small details indeed that make it a good title. It’s the small details of core football that are needed back for the future, imo!! That’s a part of PES DNA, those small details that bring in the variety.

This game is absolutely sensational. It’s so, soooo good.
Isn’t it?!
It has its flaws but it shines so bright because the rest is worse, compared to it, imo.
Should’ve we been further by now: yes!
Can we make the best out of the current situation playing 2017: yes!
:)

After the bug testing for @slamsoze last night I played (started) Flamengo vs. International... not 25 min in I had to turn it off. Loaded 2017, same fixture... aaaaahhhhh!! :RSCARF: :APPLAUD:

Maybe the weirdest bug or glitch in PES 2017 ( at least on PC ). This happened to me couple times, lmao

The ball went straight in, no foul no offside.

Maybe the weirdest bug or glitch in PES 2017 ( at least on PC ). This happened to me couple times, lmao

The ball went straight in, no foul no offside.

It is really weird bug and since it is a corner kick after, i assume it recognizes the ball going somewhere outside. If you watch closely the nets are not moving at all, they don't recoginse the ball is inside the goalpost.

Isn’t it?!
It has its flaws but it shines so bright because the rest is worse, compared to it, imo.
Should’ve we been further by now: yes!
Can we make the best out of the current situation playing 2017: yes!
:)

After the bug testing for @slamsoze last night I played (started) Flamengo vs. International... not 25 min in I had to turn it off. Loaded 2017, same fixture... aaaaahhhhh!! :RSCARF: :APPLAUD:
For some reason when you mention me with @ the last month @PRO_TOO i do not recieve a notification. :THINK:

It is really weird bug and since it is a corner kick after, i assume it recognizes the ball going somewhere outside. If you watch closely the nets are not moving at all, they don't recoginse the ball is inside the goalpost.

Well this one is moving... ( these 2 videos are not mine, found it on facebook ), lol.

tHESE are more easy. Seems like a clipping bug with the vertical goalpost. Never happened to me on PS4 to be honest. :P

Yep, it also happened to me in PES 2016 PC. Also there's another bug, it's a phantom goal like this one. And it's on CONSOLE, lmao

Just search it on YT, you'll find it :P lol

I really like the gameplay, but is there any way to make AI stronger? Play on SS and manual controls, but it's far too easy to defend.
You cannot change the form conditions in the ML either.

The one good PES in recent years and the PC version looks like junk (even with aesthetic mods/reshade). A true shame. Time to redownload the PS4 version.
I know, And PES 2017 gets a lot of support in the modding community. Dammit Konami if only you ported the PS4 version to PC a year earlier. 2018 was okay but it missed a lot of the offline magic and AI versatility that 2017 provided.

Yeah i was shocked that the old system went up to 2017, I totally forgot about the arrow system. Thing is it was better balanced. With the current one it's more faithful to the PS2 method of taking freekicks except i can score then literally no effort.

sometimes i just fill the power up and that's it, Like i feel guilty about actually trying to score - And it still goes in!

I really like the gameplay, but is there any way to make AI stronger? Play on SS and manual controls, but it's far too easy to defend.
You cannot change the form conditions in the ML either.
You must be damn good at this game! I’m on default assists, SS and every game is challenging.

What team you playing as?

I know, And PES 2017 gets a lot of support in the modding community. Dammit Konami if only you ported the PS4 version to PC a year earlier.

That's because not many people have good enough PC to run PES with better graphics. If PES 2017 has the same graphic like PS4, it would be dead like PES 2018. You won't find almost anything new for PES 2018 mods.

You must be damn good at this game! I’m on default assists, SS and every game is challenging.

What team you playing as?
Well, it's challenging, but many games end 0-0. The AI creates only a few chances, but also allows me very little.

Top Player was more fun, but was far too easy. A somewhat frustrating situation, because how nice are 3-2 wins, but that hardly ever happens.

Playing as West Ham.

Back
Top Bottom