PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

yeah, no lag, a bit more freedom, better animations (don't really see any differences in visual btw).
Slower pace in general, while moving, especially in passes. Contacts are better
Defense less "automatic" but for me it's easier to re-take the ball manually with contacts.
I like ball physics with passes (especially when the ball is "in the air) but i've make some shoots very powerfull, even more than PES 2015-16-17... With straight trajectory, exactly the same as 2017 version.
But that doesn't make it harder for Gk's to stop those ball.

In general looks like a good football game... But don't expect to have a different feeling from PES 2017, except while dribbing/moving. Everthing looks but not especially "better" or like you've got a different game: looks just tweaked.
I don't see the pitch bigger and players smaller neither.

Edit: my first paragraph looks like i've said everything is better, but i don't feel that "3 years" changes like Rocky said.
I've stopped after two game. Poker face, no emotions while playing. I can continue my master league on PES 2017 without any problem.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been reading that too, but one of the comments about catch-up concerned me a little:

They can't remove the catch-up [so-called] 'bug' (it is not, and never has been, a bug) without turning it into PES2008 HD, though. The player catch-up feature will still be in PES2018, guaranteed. It can be tweaked, diluted, made context-specific in various hopefully pleasant, non-gameplay-killing ways, but it can never be removed.

Player Catchup will exist at Higher Difficulty levels because otherwise we could have cricket scores if our Pacey Players can just out strip EVERY Defender on the game. That is my view but I understand everyone's frustration with it.

My problem? The Shooting so far feels EXACTLY like PES 2017.. Meh.

I'm struggling to see the difference between this and PES 2017 to be honest. In every aspect. especially graphically.

It sounds like you haven't realy played PES17. Most say it's totaly diffrent and then a few say there is no diffrence at all *confused

Had 3 lag free games. 2 on level 3 and one on level 5. I'm from Australia.

Really enjoying the gameplay!

I dont think there is a point to feedback gameplay elements as the code changed several times since this one as this is being the E3 code.

It sounds like you haven't realy played PES17. Most say it's totaly diffrent and then a few say there is no diffrence at all *confused

Everything is a little bit different in terms of animations and contact etc. (except shooting, exactly the same) but the feeling isn't, the challenge isn't. You can play it like you play PES 2017 without problem, you're not gonna loose your skills, except if your playing style is cross/header... A bit more subtle to handle in those area.

I wish this was the case. I've played PES 2017 non stop for about a year. And I love it.

I think it's cos I was expecting too much. Especially graphically. With the stark contrast between PES2017 and this that was told by everyone.

I'll obviously play a lot more. And give more impressions.

Not interested to continue playing this early code, and i'm gonna wait for the demo, perhaps the overall feeling will be different.

Wow. So much slower.

Took me about 5 mins to get a game first time round. There aren't many people online at this stage I wouldn't have thought so hardly surprising.

The game is fundamentally so much slower compared to 2017. You also really notice the momentum in defenders, it's a lot harder to change direction if you're sprinting. It's got that 2011 feeling to the dribbling, I'm not very good at it at all yet.

The best aspect so far is that the slower passing makes it harder for teams to just turn and laser the ball up the pitch. Combined with the new advanced instruction where you can tell someone not to join the attack, you can have a fullback be more disciplined and avoid the classic 2017 problem with wingers exploiting the flanks.

Generally I'm finding the midfield is much more involved, precisely because it's harder to zip the ball up to the front line. Hopefully this will still be the case once people are used to the game.

Lag free so far, 5 games in.

I've played around 6 matches on Xbox One.

Graphics are better, no 30fps lock on cut-scenes(i think)... but.. dissapointing for me it's that the gameplay looks too much fifa-like!

Gonna play a few more matches when ill got some free time, hope the fifa-feeling like magically vanish.. HOPE

I've played around 6 matches on Xbox One.

Graphics are better, no 30fps lock on cut-scenes(i think)... but.. dissapointing for me it's that the gameplay looks too much fifa-like!

Gonna play a few more matches when ill got some free time, hope the fifa-feeling like magically vanish.. HOPE
You took my words from my mouth. The game looks and feels a lot .. FIFA ..fifa-like! especially dribbling .. I do not know how good or bad it is.
Has anyone managed to play 3 vs 3? I do not find any streams To be able to play 3 vs 3

Played my first match and for the first time PES feels a lot like Fifa. Its a ping pong fest out there. Not liking it one bit after a single match

So, after 6 games, the game feels smooth, spot on pace, incredible depth, amazing goalkeepers, really fluid gameplay(rivals FIFA's fludity), really lag free online experience. My only gripe with the game is the shooting, yes it is better than 2017, but nowhere near where it should be. That's it from me, I will post more impressions after the beta is over.

Cheers boys and have a pleasant time with the game!

I think this game is not meant to be played online unless you really want to get frustrated. My 2nd match lag free I got trashed 7-1. France vs France. If you get LUCKY to play someone who plays with proper build up, uses different tactics and attacking but two guys I played in a row it was both PING PONG supper fast passing. Before my player got to his player the ball was already passed. Extreme ping pong passing. Konami should of eliminated this somehow. Try doing this shit on PES13 or WE9LE. I don't know man the whole play feels a lot like FIFA now. Been playing PES since ISS64 and 98 and I can tell you it definitely feels like FIFAish. The ball physics and the weight to it is also way off in my opinion. How can I enjoy a game of PING PONG football. How ?

Played 1v1s So far im reasonably impressed but have a couple of concerns/issues

Pros

Slower paced
Passing error was there you put 3 passes together get overconfident its like 17 ping pong and suddenly you underhit a pass or goes off direction
Standard (No skill moves) dribbling is more responsive as is pace burst (double tap but still could improve)
Shot error seemed ok if you are not positioned right with correct power it was going off target
Played body models best i have seen in a football game
Ref was fine no issues but it was vs AI on 17 that their flaws were exposed
Stun animation seemed more natural no blatant freeze of your player

Cons

Graphics dont impress me pitch colour is fixed but it was very average looking imo
Headers and crosses still feel overpowered the crossing is slower but still attackers have all the advantage in the air this needs fixing or online is pointless to me had enough of cross spammers
Skills moves have been slowed down i felt 17 got it perfect this feels like in between 2016/17
Defending is still too easy 1 button press charge in take the ball 70% of the time

I think this game is not meant to be played online unless you really want to get frustrated. My 2nd match lag free I got trashed 7-1. France vs France. If you get LUCKY to play someone who plays with proper build up, uses different tactics and attacking but two guys I played in a row it was both PING PONG supper fast passing. Before my player got to his player the ball was already passed. Extreme ping pong passing. Konami should of eliminated this somehow. Try doing this shit on PES13 or WE9LE. I don't know man the whole play feels a lot like FIFA now. Been playing PES since ISS64 and 98 and I can tell you it definitely feels like FIFAish. The ball physics and the weight to it is also way off in my opinion. How can I enjoy a game of PING PONG football. How ?
Can you upload a video of this happening to you? I've not played anyone who has been able to do this to me.

Played 1v1s So far im reasonably impressed but have a couple of concerns/issues
This must be the single most exciting post I've read in a while.

Glad to see that speed has been toned down a little, as PES 2017 felt too fast to me also with -2 speed at times.
Not a fan of more responsive dribbling but happy to see that the speed burts now is more useful. I've read that catch-up bug has been removed so hopefully timing the speed burts at the right moment would do a bigger difference this time.
I'm absolutely OK with shot error as far as it's also from the CPU (a thing we'll have to see with the demo I presume, and the same goes for the fouls). The occasional player getting 'stunned' for a split second (thus losing the ball or losing the chance to reach it before the opponent) is what annoys me the most of PES 2015, which I still consider superior in many areas to PE 2017. If this is fixed in PES 2018, it's a huge improvement, even bigger than the change in pace.

I don't care if the graphics haven't evolved compared to PES 2017 PS4: they surely have if we compare them to PES 2017 PC and that's a good thing. A little worried about headers and crosses but I plan to play this offline for the majority of the time so no big deal (as long as the CPU doesn't resort to them too often, but I hope to see different teams play different styles). Not worried about defending either, I hardly use the "contain" button (sorry for speaking FIFAish but that's the name I recall for that behaviour), I only use the double tap on 'A' for the standing tackle. I also hardly use the teammate contain with 'X', so...

You've really got me excited, and I haven't downloaded the beta yet. Go figure.

Passing assistance is still very arcadey, that's why there's a lot of ping pong passing, manual is the way to go again. Played a few games with similar opponents, had really great games, both times I used France and played against France, space was well covered both games I played. Shooting feels heavier, still not good enough but way better than 17 and passing was also great too, one thing I was really disappointed, there's no new stats for players was hoping they would add a couple to enhance my ML experience. Still this doesn't feel like a day 1 purchase for me atm.

So I played about 5 matches and overall I liked what I played. I am still not use to how the passing is as ground pass have a lot more error. The weight and feel of the players is pretty good and using the left stick dribbling is going to take some getting use to as I have to break some old Pes habits. Also love how free the ball feels when players are controlling it. I really am curious to see how this game plays with lower rated teams.

Also made sure to turn off the advanced instructions and used Fluid Formations and overall I felt like my team kept there shape very well when I did this for the last 3 games.

I will say crosses and long balls are still a little to accurate to me and shooting feels similar to last year's game maybe with a little more weight however I noticed that shooting on the run feels less accurate.

Even though I played about 5 matches I still don't can't I can fairly judge it still so much to get use to as it plays very different from last year like I mentioned in my post earlier. Some people here are saying it's terrible after 1 match of an online game is a bit over the top, give it time. :)

I reverse-jinxed myself there, almost instantly got into a match against el_Zepelin or something like that, game felt really different, player switching is super slow, could be the online, though. Immediately, 1 bar passing seems to be not for me. Some diverse passing, but too many times the AI overrides the pass you obviously intended to send it somewhere else. I still won, 3-0

Back
Top Bottom