PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

I wonder who will buy a fifa clone with stripped licenses, lack of atmosphere, boring commentary ... i'm so dissapointed atm.

Where is my beloved PES, Konami?? What did u do with it?...

I see alot of people being happy that the gameplay kinda plays like Fifa. Really? That's what PES players want? Or those happy about the actual gameplay are Fifa fans.

I wish this was the case. I've played PES 2017 non stop for about a year. And I love it.

I think it's cos I was expecting too much. Especially graphically. With the stark contrast between PES2017 and this that was told by everyone.

I'll obviously play a lot more. And give more impressions.

for me the same, never played a footy so much as pes17, i love it!

This must be the single most exciting post I've read in a while.

Glad to see that speed has been toned down a little, as PES 2017 felt too fast to me also with -2 speed at times.
Not a fan of more responsive dribbling but happy to see that the speed burts now is more useful. I've read that catch-up bug has been removed so hopefully timing the speed burts at the right moment would do a bigger difference this time.
I'm absolutely OK with shot error as far as it's also from the CPU (a thing we'll have to see with the demo I presume, and the same goes for the fouls). The occasional player getting 'stunned' for a split second (thus losing the ball or losing the chance to reach it before the opponent) is what annoys me the most of PES 2015, which I still consider superior in many areas to PE 2017. If this is fixed in PES 2018, it's a huge improvement, even bigger than the change in pace.

I don't care if the graphics haven't evolved compared to PES 2017 PS4: they surely have if we compare them to PES 2017 PC and that's a good thing. A little worried about headers and crosses but I plan to play this offline for the majority of the time so no big deal (as long as the CPU doesn't resort to them too often, but I hope to see different teams play different styles). Not worried about defending either, I hardly use the "contain" button (sorry for speaking FIFAish but that's the name I recall for that behaviour), I only use the double tap on 'A' for the standing tackle. I also hardly use the teammate contain with 'X', so...

You've really got me excited, and I haven't downloaded the beta yet. Go figure.

Its good mate if you liked 17 then you will like this its 2017 but tightened up and a bit heavier the shooting model does need a revamp overall but its not a game breaker its lets say a 20% Improvement over 2017 shooting. I play master league mostly i enjoyed 2017 ML I see no reason so far to think I wont enjoy this more

Had another game, Bra vs. Bra, got beaten 1-0 but had more fun with it still. some real excitement and good playing. Feels online-y with the response and player-switching. I think impressions from this will always be a bit limited by it being online.

The one bar passing felt better but I'll be checking out manual next.

Played 1v1s So far im reasonably impressed but have a couple of concerns/issues

Pros

Slower paced
Passing error was there you put 3 passes together get overconfident its like 17 ping pong and suddenly you underhit a pass or goes off direction
Standard (No skill moves) dribbling is more responsive as is pace burst (double tap but still could improve)
Shot error seemed ok if you are not positioned right with correct power it was going off target
Played body models best i have seen in a football game
Ref was fine no issues but it was vs AI on 17 that their flaws were exposed
Stun animation seemed more natural no blatant freeze of your player

Cons

Graphics dont impress me pitch colour is fixed but it was very average looking imo
Headers and crosses still feel overpowered the crossing is slower but still attackers have all the advantage in the air this needs fixing or online is pointless to me had enough of cross spammers
Skills moves have been slowed down i felt 17 got it perfect this feels like in between 2016/17
Defending is still too easy 1 button press charge in take the ball 70% of the time
The crossing and defending cons are horrible to read. Between them they were game breakers for me and I stopped playing 17 because of them. 1 in 2 games these were abused to the point where I just turned pes off and did something else. Nothing reduced pes to ping pong crap like being hunted down by 2 or 3 players relentlessly.

This is the first game in ages where players without pace are still useful i was using lacazette at first cos i always hate giroud on football game but the new auto shield is superb he protects the ball so well and holds off defenders while you wait for support ill give konami props for not going the fifa route and making auto shield work correctly right out the gate

Should mention im talking about online im no pace whore but you used to struggle with a slow cf on recent pes games because of input lag and low explosive power stat this seems no longer an issue

As one said earlier in this thread, I think this online beta is the wrong approach to showcasing a game for the first time.

Anyone on here hench_gamer90 i think it was? Thats how online should be played both doing build up play holding the ball no pressure or cross spamming ended up 1-0 to me id play online more if you had games like that more often that was tough

I wonder who will buy a fifa clone with stripped licenses, lack of atmosphere, boring commentary ... i'm so dissapointed atm.

Where is my beloved PES, Konami?? What did u do with it?...

I see alot of people being happy that the gameplay kinda plays like Fifa. Really? That's what PES players want? Or those happy about the actual gameplay are Fifa fans.
What u on about? This is nothing like FIFA. Apples and oranges

As one said earlier in this thread, I think this online beta is the wrong approach to showcasing a game for the first time.

Its about testing online stability, something the game has struggled with. People seem to forget that. This is something most games do prior to release.

Only had time to have two games over lunch (PS4 Pro), and maaaaaannnnnnn is it slow (and hooray for that). I don't think I've ever played a slower football game!

Passes did indeed feel slightly looser (at one point I had below 70% pass accuracy on PA1), and shots felt heavier, which I totally wasn't expecting.

I definitely didn't feel like faster players could get away from defenders, though. (I understand it's to balance the gameplay, but it removes individuality for me, ironing out a player's real attributes.)

Feels good overall, to me - looking forward to giving it a proper playtest later on.

I'm mostly doing 3 vs com matches right now, since I couldn't find 3 v 3 games.

It's been fun! Only come across one really terrible player, most of the others seem to want to play the ball around and actually make something happen. No real lag issues to report either. If you run into StoneColdSwede, that's me.

I'm mostly doing 3 vs com matches right now, since I couldn't find 3 v 3 games.

It's been fun! Only come across one really terrible player, most of the others seem to want to play the ball around and actually make something happen. No real lag issues to report either. If you run into StoneColdSwede, that's me.

Play a quick match meaning 1v1.

Only had time to have two games over lunch (PS4 Pro), and maaaaaannnnnnn is it slow (and hooray for that). I don't think I've ever played a slower football game!

Passes did indeed feel slightly looser (at one point I had below 70% pass accuracy on PA1), and shots felt heavier, which I totally wasn't expecting.

I definitely didn't feel like faster players could get away from defenders, though. (I understand it's to balance the gameplay, but it removes individuality for me, ironing out a player's real attributes.)

Feels good overall, to me - looking forward to giving it a proper playtest later on.

Did you play in day and night setting? Day games look much better lighting wise, night is slightly improved over 2017 in my opinion im just wondering if the pro had even more noticeable improvements

I don't understand the no pressure spamming thing. I'm not an online player much, but isn't that Konami's fault for not having proper fatigue system? If you want to play like Klopp's Dortmund, you have to press. Also, why is direct play so frowned upon? Isn't that part of the game, and if its broken, isn't that Konami's fault?

Did you play in day and night setting? Day games look much better lighting wise, night is slightly improved over 2017 in my opinion im just wondering if the pro had even more noticeable improvements
I only played night games - got to admit that graphically I didn't notice any difference beyond the new UI and the photos instead of 3D-generated heads on the formation screens!

I only played night games - got to admit that graphically I didn't notice any difference beyond the new UI and the photos instead of 3D-generated heads on the formation screens!

The graphics are sharper, not as blurry as 2017. Or maybe it's because i'm playing it on a 4k tv? I doubt that tho..

I don't understand the no pressure spamming thing. I'm not an online player much, but isn't that Konami's fault for not having proper fatigue system? If you want to play like Klopp's Dortmund, you have to press. Also, why is direct play so frowned upon? Isn't that part of the game, and if its broken, isn't that Konami's fault?

I do a fair bit of pressure myself, although I tone it down a bit when playing against humans. But if someone mad pressures the defenders when the opponent is taking a goal kick, said person can go dine on a shaft

Thats the exact issue regardless if its konamis fault ppl exploiting it are doing so because there is no trade off and they stick 6 players forward in a big bunch on the formation screen its not a tactic its knowingly taking advantage of the games flaws with little or no creativity in play sure ppl are free to do what they want but i think those types of players are a bunch of clowns

Sure if they set up a normal formation used advanced tactics and were actually making an effort to play football thats fine but are ppl so desperate to win they will score the same goal 300 times?

Back
Top Bottom