PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I mentioned in a previous post that all the animations are stuck at the same speed regardless of context. An attacker will nonchalantly reach for the ball after a knock down but a defender will also do it t the same, generic speed. No urgency to clear the danger. No aggression.

It's a shame.
I didn't read that but that's a better explanation of what I mean. Hopefully it's something that will reach the dev team and is able to get "fixed". It's a very small thing that could make a huge difference to the game. Context to situations have always been what I prefered in the older pes vs the older fifas. How players adjust their body to certain shots or headers Something ea really have improved in the later games, but something that's been the opposite in pes lately.
found something : game balancing

game speed adjust the speed of the ball and player movement. but the ball slows down a bit more than the players do as you decrease it.
on 0 default speed we see defense struggle to get into passing lanes and block shots.
on -1 i seen this become less true.
on -2 even more so.
on +1 defense struggles a lot.
on +2 defense gets embarrassed.

my scores on professional difficulty got lower as i turned the game speed down.
the defense was able to block shots and get into passing lanes for steals more.
test this out fellas.
I can't stand how slow the game and controls feels on anything under 0 =(

I understand and agree with all the points discussed here, but one thing I´m sure of, this game is going the right way. It might not do the things very well, but the idea behind all this is miles ahead of any other soccer game we had.

what I'd love to see is generic football fields, please please Adam, Konami, Richie Rich, Pope Francis, Joseph Kony, and/or whoever this may concern

THAT'S FINE FOR ME!
V

jzvIomm.png

had a few games with Inter Milan last night. Usually never play as Inter more of an AC Milan fan down the years
used to see Inter as a cemetery for once great players.

anyway Icardi is a beast in this game. stong in the air, quick feet and I don't know if he has player ID but
he is always trying to stretch the defence and demanding the ball. does this reflect what he is like in real life?

other than that I prefer playing as the south American sides. its great when you have only one or two really good players
so you have to build your game around them. a bit like the famous D'allessandro Demo from a few years ago.

and I think the keepers are fantastic this year.

Had around 6 games last night with a coco before bed,inter v Dortmund,top player.

Most of the game's ended in a draw with the one game with just a goal in it.I even had atleast three contact or double slams from dortmunds centre half's that resulted in yellow cards or a set piece.There was numerous questionable contacts or bodyslams that certainly weren't penalized.

I've now seen almost every type of contact,slide,explosion.Be it back,side,front or just plain kamikaze being pulled up by the ref.Its the frequency that's not there and as we all can plainly see to much leniency.

When it comes to pressure I did see in one of the message's that give you hints or help while the game is loading a detailed explanation of the use of agression and how it can be set to be very conservative.I know this is something we have been able to tweak in tactics in previous iterations,but it left me wondering how great the variable is this year and just how it's set up in the demo for the each of the games teams.I didn't ever feel I had acres of space and the only player Dortmund wouldn't close with was there forwards.They allowed my centre back to just stand there with the ball.No real front line pressure,which again just seemed set that way by default.

I'm playing the Xbox one demo,so the green zoning or players freezing isn't there like it is in the PS4 demo.I don't know if it's the way I'm using the space now or the way I'm playing but I don't ever feel like it's easy to bypass or play through teams.I have to work the ball or get in behind them with clever play.Manual passing now feels slick for me,lots of well placed passes and I had a lovely manual pass last night that exploded off my midfielders foot,had a little height and just dipped and bobbled.Not seen that one in pes before.Creating some lovely angles to with the thumbstick and timing under the manual settings,especially while crossing and ground passing.

Edit..wanted to say I've also really taken to basic shooting,a week ago I thought it was slightly overpowered,not contexual enough,when now I'm able to place the ball.It doesn't feel scripted or easy and I had plenty of Miss hits.I was even deliberately aiming for the bar and hitting it.Aswell as making the ball curve slightly with my foot and body position.

Last edited:
wanted to leave a warning and an alert, that the PS4 crypter from version 17 does not work on the 18 the extension of the files have changed from .bin to .ted I have a file in hand, please create a decrypter

wanted to leave a warning and an alert, that the PS4 crypter from version 17 does not work on the 18 the extension of the files have changed from .bin to .ted I have a file in hand, please create a decrypter

Konami are starting to annoy me clearly been done so ppl cant insert 2018 team bins to 2017 i think im heading for PC version this year if .bin editing has been changed on ps4

Also seen the ML pre game match interviews are nothing but a 10 sec cutscene not interactive as I thought plus cup celebrations are the same as in no generic cup for unlicensed leagues which is bloody stupid

Last edited:
Had around 6 games last night with a coco before bed,inter v Dortmund,top player.

Most of the game's ended in a draw with the one game with just a goal in it.I even had atleast three contact or double slams from dortmunds centre half's that resulted in yellow cards or a set piece.There was numerous questionable contacts or bodyslams that certainly weren't penalized.

I've now seen almost every type of contact,slide,explosion.Be it back,side,front or just plain kamikaze being pulled up by the ref.Its the frequency that's not there and as we all can plainly see to much leniency.

When it comes to pressure I did see in one of the message's that give you hints or help while the game is loading a detailed explanation of the use of agression and how it can be set to be very conservative.I know this is something we have been able to tweak in tactics in previous iterations,but it left me wondering how great the variable is this year and just how it's set up in the demo for the each of the games teams.I didn't ever feel I had acres of space and the only player Dortmund wouldn't close with was there forwards.They allowed my centre back to just stand there with the ball.No real front line pressure,which again just seemed set that way by default.

I'm playing the Xbox demo,so the green zoning or players freezing isn't there like it is in the PS4 demo.I don't know if it's the way I'm using the space now or the way I'm playing but I don't ever feel like it's easy to bypass or play through teams.I have to work the ball or get in behind them with clever play.Manual passing now feels slick for me,lots of well placed passes and I had a lovely manual pass last night that exploded off my midfielders foot,had a little height and just dipped and bobbled.Not seen that one in pes before.Creating some lovely angles to with the thumbstick and timing under the manual settings,especially while crossing and ground passing.

Edit..wanted to say I've also really taken to basic shooting,a week ago I thought it was slightly overpowered,not contexual enough,when now I'm able to place the ball.It doesn't feel scripted or easy and I had plenty of Miss hits.I was even deliberately aiming for the bar and hitting it.Aswell as making the ball curve slightly with my foot and body position.
I use to play with manual shooting,had a break from Pes for about 6 months,and now that I've played a couple of ML on 17 I'm using basic shooting,that with manual passing makes the shooting a bit looser than basic +PA 1-3
Keeping the power bar half full or less makes a good shooting pattern,and 18 is better than 17, so I'll keep going with basic I think

Konami are starting to annoy me clearly been done so ppl cant insert 2018 team bins to 2017 i think im heading for PC version this year if .bin editing has been changed on ps4

Also seen the ML pre game match interviews are nothing but a 10 sec cutscene not interactive as I thought plus cup celebrations are the same as in no generic cup for unlicensed leagues which is bloody stupid
changed the file extension to. ted programs do not work anymore.

Ive found Also with no passing assistance I'm able to curve crosses by angling my body postion and foot..Those lovely ones that curve behind the back line waiting for a good head or volley.Height and elevation Im controlling with power not double taps.Crossing and long passing is clearly much better then last year as is teammate movement and how it's now easier to trap and control with the RT.

The cpu has still dealt with crosses really well and I'm not scoring easy goals.Had lots of different types of head contacts on crosses to,glancing taps,power headers and those high ones that loop and different angles to based on the position my player is when contact is made,direction of my thumbstick.

Nice to be able to finally place a cross on a dime or slightly in front of a player so they can adjust feet or position .

Last edited:
We have the full game xbox1 for review was asked by a few friends on here, Wenb and Xbox if I was playing the full game. We are starting our first big review so hope we do it justice. Servers not live and can't answer any questions due to NDA. But thanks for the guys on here supporting us and the podcast. Chris

Keep forgetting to say, CPU deal with 1-2s so much better. Finally follow their man.

I also like the way forwards make more reverse movements,coming back inside to receive a pass or position themselves in front of the opposition player to trap a long pass or win the header.

Not a case where they just stand there and it's easy to intercept by the cpu.

They do try and cut the channel off the cpu,but forwards zig-zag more and as above come inside and make space with there movement.The higher rated players do it so much better,as they should.

Zero passing assistance gives you the freedom to play the ball slightly away from the player or into space.Its there to a degree on bar1..But to much is to feet and far to accurate.Imo it takes to much away from the freedom and options available.I hope they tone bar1 down a bit and make it less on rails and pin-point.

Last edited:
We have the full game xbox1 for review was asked by a few friends on here, Wenb and Xbox if I was playing the full game. We are starting our first big review so hope we do it justice. Servers not live and can't answer any questions due to NDA. But thanks for the guys on here supporting us and the podcast. Chris

Should have mine early next week..Great thing is I'm not under any NDA.So can openly share my thoughts and findings.

Sure I'm not the only one,there will be many that get There's from retailers early.

Think this whole NDA thing is stupid considering so many have the game already.There concern is probably lack of fouls in the vanilla version,and not wanting that to effect pre-sales.

Still would love some clarity on this and whether it's been addressed via the launch day patch,even though I've already ordered the game.

However excellent the game is it's still missing one of the most fundamental layers in footie..

Last edited:

Can you at least answer if ML mode has a revamped youth system? or is it same old tosh?

Serie A is fully licensed except Juventus,Ligue 1-2 fully licensed
Yeh i got the game earlier here in Brazil too. Weird enough there are some teams with last season`s kits like Lazio, i think the day 1 patch might fix that though.

Interesting to see is that they have Atletico Madrid's new 3rd kit before the club evan launch it officially lol

On regards of Gameplay im not the best person to judge since ive been mostly a FIFA player in the past couple of years.. but the game feels very very good at times and in the next moment you see something really weird like a bad animation or a floaty pass wich makes it feel very unpolished.

One thing im really liking is the contextual shielding, it makes playing with Diego Costa for exemple really lifelike as he is aways looking for physical contact like his real life counterpart.

Oh and crosses/headers feel overpower as f*ck... i think ive scored about 35-40 goals since getting the game, id say 70-80% of them were from crosses.

Xbox One..

One small detail i notice on edit mode is that u can no longer reset the players with real face and make a generic face+hair for them... not a huge deal since most PES faces nowdays are great, but there are some players with really old model that it would be better to use generic faces.

What settings do you use?..ie passing,difficulty?.

Try no asssitance on passing,bar1 does make everything feel easy and overpowered,especially crosses.
I find that a really frustrating attitude. Maybe he doesn't want to... If a game on the lowest assist setting isn't great, then personally, I don't want to drop to manual. You're just handicapping yourself, at least when you're playing the AI (because the AI sure as shit doesn't "play" on manual, they nail every pass).

Manual isn't for everybody - it's great that you enjoy it, but PA1 would provide way more enjoyment if it was looser (and for those who wanted more assistance, you've got PA2 and PA3, which are totally pointless currently - why not make PA1 feel like it's barely assisted, and set the current default assistance to PA3).

I find that a really frustrating attitude. Maybe he doesn't want to... If a game on the lowest assist setting isn't great, then personally, I don't want to drop to manual. You're handicapping yourself (the AI sure as shit doesn't play on manual, they nail every pass).

Actually thats the case, i not a big fan of manual controllers(neither on PES or FIFA) as IMO it takes away a bit of the player`s attributes into play as it relays more on my aiming ability than actually on the players ratings.

I find that a really frustrating attitude. Maybe he doesn't want to... If a game on the lowest assist setting isn't great, then personally, I don't want to drop to manual. You're just handicapping yourself, at least when you're playing the AI (because the AI sure as shit doesn't "play" on manual, they nail every pass).

Manual isn't for everybody - it's great that you enjoy it, but PA1 would provide way more enjoyment if it was looser (and for those who wanted more assistance, you've got PA2 and PA3, which are totally pointless currently - why not make PA1 feel like it's barely assisted, and set the current default assistance to PA3).

Couldn't agree more Chris and it's something I want as badly as you do,even though I use no assistance.It is something I've openly mentioned this week and how it needs more balance.

Just wanted a fellow fan to experience what I feel currently is the better experience.As you know it just feels to automated in the demo.

There has to be a middle ground.I advocate what you do in both games.

While I understand there has to be assistance for newcomers,it is something that can be abused.There is also a lot of good,experienced players that like bar1 and don't want it to be a laser fest.

Would love to hear others thoughts.Its open to interpretation and debate.

Currently I don't feel handicapped at all by no assistance,especially against Barca.Just feels more natural and I have so many more angles and possibilities.If anything it feels like bar1 should imo.I also have as much accuracy as the cpu,there's no disparity there.

It could be refinement,but no assistance feels much tighter and clean then last year.The input on the stick is so much tighter,as is power.I like how intuitive and natural it feels.

The advantage I have over a assisted player is more angles and not having the cpu overriding my commands.There's just so much more freedom and I personally find that with FIFA too.

Edit..Imo player attributes aren't not effected by no assistance.It still factors in.Ive also noticed ball physics are effected by assistance.Honestly I think it's how the game is meant and designed to be played.

Last edited:
Yeh i got the game earlier here in Brazil too. Weird enough there are some teams with last season`s kits like Lazio, i think the day 1 patch might fix that though.

Interesting to see is that they have Atletico Madrid's new 3rd kit before the club evan launch it officially lol

On regards of Gameplay im not the best person to judge since ive been mostly a FIFA player in the past couple of years.. but the game feels very very good at times and in the next moment you see something really weird like a bad animation or a floaty pass wich makes it feel very unpolished.

One thing im really liking is the contextual shielding, it makes playing with Diego Costa for exemple really lifelike as he is aways looking for physical contact like his real life counterpart.

Oh and crosses/headers feel overpower as f*ck... i think ive scored about 35-40 goals since getting the game, id say 70-80% of them were from crosses.
Thanx for sharing Brunnoce,yeah crossing has always been overpowered
Shielding is a good function,missed that in 17, when trying to hold the ball.
Think you're right about the kits,patch will fix that.
I'm exited as hell for it,are you on XB1 or PS mate?

Back
Top Bottom