PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

omg! i won my first penalty after 50-60 games!tears of joy!
by tha way barca commited 3 fouls in that game

I love how the barca players crowd the ref to complain after that tackle. True team ID right there!
"But ref that was never a foul, this is pes18!"

So, no yellow/red card or is that asking too much? :D

I love how the barca players crowd the ref to complain after that tackle. True team ID right there!
"But ref that was never a foul, this is pes18!"

So, no yellow/red card or is that asking too much? :D

Referees only give sliding fouls, it's extremely rare they give contact fouls. It seems like it would be easy to fix that, yet here we are, still waiting.

Yes, definitely Xbox360. The graphics are old-gen.
Used to have XBOX 360,the patching,or the possibility of patching it stopped around Pes 14,don't know how the hell they've done that?
Must be a 360 that's been kept offline since 2013 or something?

Used to have XBOX 360,the patching,or the possibility of patching it stopped around Pes 14,don't know how the hell they've done that?
Must be a 360 that's been kept offline since 2013 or something?
It's on PC, it's PES 2017 with new kits modded in and the guy has just faked that it's from PES 2018.

Last edited:
It's not definitely PES 2018 on the 360. It's PES 2017 on the PC with this season's kits modded in.
Dude, even the Kit models are different. Will they go through the trouble of changing pes 17 pc while the old gen versions of pes 18 are already working?

It definitely looks like those Pes 18 old gen graphics.

Only played a few games of the demo but so far it seems like the AI is a bit more aggressive in their attacking play which is good. Pace of the game feels just right. Shooting feels roughly the same. There needs to be more freedom. Maybe in PES 19 they can get this right. Hopefully they worked on the pitch. It just doesn't look right to me, especially when you compare it to the pitch edit mods that get released on the PC. Picked up the PS4 vers of PES 17 for dirt cheap (10) after the season ended. Really enjoyable game. Best thing about it is the ball physics and surprising physicality. Hopefully PES 18 is even more physical. If I make a purchase this year I'm pretty sure its going to be the PC version.

Didn't have a clue on that,last time I tried you'd have to use horizon all all sorts of programs,still went down the shitter:)
Cool man
Thanx
Still not convinced though:)

I was able to get part of an option file not the whole thing on my 360 copy of 2016. It was really strange there were a ton of name changes for the English teams but no kits were in. Some of the leagues had the template set up but the fake name teams were still in. Strange to say the least.

I was able to get part of an option file not the whole thing on my 360 copy of 2016. It was really strange there were a ton of name changes for the English teams but no kits were in. Some of the leagues had the template set up but the fake name teams were still in. Strange to say the least.
Tried to patch both my 15 and 16 after xbox stoppad USB importing,tricky as hell,and pretty much ended up with the same result as you.
Got myself xb1 one after that,im ok with having fake kits,but they should have better editing possibilities for us in on XB,remember having badge design on 15 for xb 360, but not on xb1, which is strange.

Tried to patch both my 15 and 16 after xbox stoppad USB importing,tricky as hell,and pretty much ended up with the same result as you.
Got myself xb1 one after that,im ok with having fake kits,but they should have better editing possibilities for us in on XB,remember having badge design on 15 for xb 360, but not on xb1, which is strange.

Well I have the PS3 and there are good option files available over at pesgaming. Much easier than getting files for the PS4 I am lead to believe. Download the file copy to PS3 hard drive and that's it. Much more time consuming for the new console I hear.

found something : game balancing

game speed adjust the speed of the ball and player movement. but the ball slows down a bit more than the players do as you decrease it.
on 0 default speed we see defense struggle to get into passing lanes and block shots.
on -1 i seen this become less true.
on -2 even more so.
on +1 defense struggles a lot.
on +2 defense gets embarrassed.

my scores on professional difficulty got lower as i turned the game speed down.
the defense was able to block shots and get into passing lanes for steals more.
test this out fellas.

After a week of disliking this game it's surprisingly started to really grow on me. Now I've properly learned to defend the space and not the player my games seem much more balanced & enjoyable. Playing on -1 speed, PA1 with liberal use of the manual modifier feels fantasic.
The game seems to be revealing itself to me the more i play and if i really take my time and slow things down I'm noticing some really cool intricate stuff that wasn't there before, heck I've even learned to draw more fouls!!
It's like there's something really special in here under the hood, you just have to dig & find it. Very reminiscent of the games of old IM0. Much more excited for final release now!!

^ things like that used to bother me but don't anymore, it is lazy programming and i accept that but it's also a kind of cheap cheat against the AI and and every video game will have them - if you want to win by any means and willing to stand still to do it then that's up to the user - i wont play like that so it wont affect me. Kind of reminds me of camping on the old FPS games. After playing the game last night at using MATT10's fixes to get more midfield i honestly think this can be a classic if they address the AI and make it more aggressive to generate fouls - for me it will the best football game ever created if they can sort that out --its a big if..the problem is if they cant then its such a big issue to can go the other way and be a massive let down in terms of long term playability

As I've said before, I don't want too much of a challenge and like to try and create nice moment etc.

So I usually play on professional, relax and enjoy the game. I found Pro too easy on the demo so played top player and have had to concentrate to get to grips and win games. Last night I fired the game up expecting to win without thinking on top player, like I used to on professional...got smashed 3-0 and 4-1 and couldn't believe it. One game the country soaked up my possession and absolutely punished me, I think against Boca.

Anyway, point is, I'm seeing some nice stuff from the CPU AI. I think they're nice and agressive in the tackle which means you can't play into feet under pressure all the time like 2017, defender might nick it.

Also, ive seen some good variation in play too. The goal I scored in the 4-1 was a fuck up from CPU playing a sloppy pass on the edge of their box.

After a week of disliking this game it's surprisingly started to really grow on me. Now I've properly learned to defend the space and not the player my games seem much more balanced & enjoyable. Playing on -1 speed, PA1 with liberal use of the manual modifier feels fantasic.
The game seems to be revealing itself to me the more i play and if i really take my time and slow things down I'm noticing some really cool intricate stuff that wasn't there before, heck I've even learned to draw more fouls!!
It's like there's something really special in here under the hood, you just have to dig & find it. Very reminiscent of the games of old IM0. Much more excited for final release now!!

Yes, that is the biggest change from PES 2017, defence is more tactical now, space cover is more important than chasing down a man. Very enjoyable when you get the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom