PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Am I reading that correctly? In 34 matches on Legendary difficulty, the AI committed an average of 0.59 fouls per match? And the player only managed an average of 1.18? In 34 matches? On Legendary? So even with the player presumably desperate to recover the ball a lot of the time and playing super-aggressively, he only managed to foul just over once per match? Sweet Jesus...

I go back long enough to recall when FIFA was mercilessly pilloried here for this kind of thing. It didn't matter what qualities the other game might possess, for things like this, it was utterly slammed, and rightly so. How times have changed.

However otherwise good PES2018 is, however much it's garlanded with praise, however sublime the animations are, however much anything at all, if this no-fouls situation obtains, the game will never be anything of substance.

Great post. :D

51Tyc428iUL._SY355_.jpg

@hulkamania just finished episode 7! :D
you guys made the hour... good to listen too!!
episode 8 is downloaded and ready to be listened to... tmw on my way to work.

:D btw. im from Germany. but thanks for the shout out!
stevo still to work on the sound quality! ;)

No, the PS3 version doesn't have animated adboards.
I mean, I really, honestly, don't want to come across like a wanker - I really don't care about graphics, and I know it's not a great quality video either (or at least, clear captures are difficult, and there are no front-facing stills possible), but...

Are the new faces not implemented yet? Maybe they're not! Maybe the video quality obscures the detail and that makes all the difference, but if you asked me who the guy in the screenshots was (particularly the first), I honestly wouldn't know!

WFuQGjQ.png

iFdC4H9.png

WoP5peB.png

Regarding the sky of the million-seater stadium. It's a million-seater stadium. I mean yeah it's not the most realistic looking sky but if we were to get into the feasibly of the architecture we might also realise that the very premise of that stadium is quite unrealistic too. It's not as if the sky ruins a perfectly solid idea. Its existence is situated in dreamland to begin with.

Regarding the sky of the million-seater stadium. It's a million-seater stadium. I mean yeah it's not the most realistic looking sky but if we were to get into the feasibly of the architecture we might also realise that the very premise of that stadium is quite unrealistic too. It's not as if the sky ruins a perfectly solid idea. Its existence is situated in dreamland to begin with.
At least its another stadium to play in.... I wish there was more fake ones or fantasy ones. Surprised they didn't do a Castlevania themed Stadium ;)

I don't worry to much about the tiny details in regards to presentation,especially skies(or goals nets).Yes I would love the other games presentation and some of those modes in pes,but after a few weeks the frost on the cake becomes secondary to the mechanics and gameplay.I do remember ISS back in the day having lightning storms and snow though.You also really felt the impact of rain or a wet pitch.Ball really sliding on the pitch.You would also hear the sounds of thunder.I even remember fatigue back then and players hobbling when they were tired.The impact of fresh legs really stood out.
At least its another stadium to play in.... I wish there was more fake ones or fantasy ones. Surprised they didn't do a Castlevania themed Stadium ;)

Or hyper-sports

Last edited:
I mean, I really, honestly, don't want to come across like a wanker - I really don't care about graphics, and I know it's not a great quality video either (or at least, clear captures are difficult, and there are no front-facing stills possible)!

To be fair, I genuinely think that whoever recorded that video has probably recorded it with the Xbox DVR feature and then just compressed the hell out of the quality. The game doesn't even look that bad on PS3 from last years game or on the demo videos for this year for PS3. It looks gorgeous on my PS4 Pro currently (although it's not really taking advantage of the power available) and if they can nail the Xbox One X and take advantage of the terraflopaloplops there then it'll look even better. I think visually there won't be any issues, we're just currently stuck with crappy quality uploads from people who have the full game already.

A through ball with no hair on it

Fantastic nod to Hollywood Hogan there!

3 thousand of players (keepers excluded) with less of 70 of stamina... banega with 68, bah
thats based over 13000 players means that almost 1/4 of the players of the db are not able to finish a match without be exausted, for me is a little exaggerated
I don't speak about the stamina of the kepeers, i never understood their POV about this attribute... a keeper should be able to play almost the whole season without turnover, but with value of 55-70 is pretty impossible.
Have someone tested Banega in a full match with Inter during demo or beta?
Have stamina different impact than 2017?

http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2018/s...=40-40&stamina=40-70&sort=ovr&sort_order=desc

Banega dies out not long after halftime. FIFA and PES have ALWAYS been criminal for stamina ratings.

Could you imagine being inside an actual stadium of that architecture... I would be pretty wild, but mostly terrifying since that roof is always going to collapse, killing at least half of the crowd + teams :SIL:

I mean, I really, honestly, don't want to come across like a wanker - I really don't care about graphics, and I know it's not a great quality video either (or at least, clear captures are difficult, and there are no front-facing stills possible), but...

Are the new faces not implemented yet? Maybe they're not! Maybe the video quality obscures the detail and that makes all the difference, but if you asked me who the guy in the screenshots was (particularly the first), I honestly wouldn't know!
WFuQGjQ.png
GetFile.aspx

saturday-night-fever-movie-poster-1977-1020465922.jpg

lOBVIbG.jpg

I've played the demo every day since it released, and I always stop playing because it starts to feel boring because it feels like the AI never tries to tackle you. I play on top player and superstar. No penalty yet, only one against me. The game really needs to be more tight when it comes to tackling and response times. You can almost walk past defenders in the penalty area, where they should be more aggressive and try to stop you. I just hope that this will be fixed in the final version, but I doubt it will since I feel it's a choice they've made with the game to maybe make scoring goals easier? I hope it's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom