PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Like a few of you've pointed out already about teams/leagues from South America,I'm deffo gonna go with a South American ML this year,seen a ton of WC qualifiers from SA lately.
I really don't mind that Konami and Pes goes down that road.
Brilliant footballing continent
I also played most of my Pes 18 between Colo-Colo and other SA teams
Been a joy

I hope so on fouls..Cpu is what I would expect from regular,semi passive.

I can live with the shooting and passing on manual as I think it's fine..Fouls are my only real concern now.

Thanks for the heads up.
I think there were about 15 fouls in the first half of the US/Honduras match just now. The developers are on a fine line between making a game nearly impossible to play on defense and an arcade shootout.

I think there were about 15 fouls in the first half of the US/Honduras match just now. The developers are on a fine line between making a game nearly impossible to play on defense and an arcade shootout.

Had lots of games tonight boca vs flamengo,each game magic.Top player,manual passing,basic shooting.

Couldn't fault the cpu except for a real lack of fouls.This game is perfect For me in every other regard.Never felt like goals where easy and flamengo blocked most crosses and closed space.The better I played the game,only made them stronger and harder to break down.

The more I analyse the ai the more I see how it's simply way ahead of any other iteration and the other game.

For me this is the promised land.

The assisted settings nullify the simulation on offer here,and I'm sure the knee jerk reactions will mean changes sweep in via the patch.I doubt it will effect the manual game on offer though.

Imo this is the ps2 game fleshed out into something representive of today.The animations,physics,collision system and flexibility of a thumb stick.The ai,feeling of space takes it to a even high level.

It's a work of genius,or art...that only needs more cpu fouls.Im saying this after a weeks extensive play.Not a handful of games on assisted.Like the ps2 game,easy to play difficult to really understand and master.

I really hope konami realise this and make the right adjustments,not play to the wims of whiners and those that can't adjust from the other game or they're pes17 slippers.

Everyone's a analyst now..just a shame so many can't see what's already right under there noses.

The word arcade is a insult to how well this game is engineered.If you want a more streamlined,watered down experience with lots of goals,then assisted Passing and regular difficulty gives you that.Just like it has for years in the other game.

My games were balanced because my teams were evenly matched.I wasn't holding on like against a inter or barca on superstar waiting for that inevitable ball in behind or that quick bit of movement only those players have the ability to realistically conjure up...and that's the rub..

The pes magic,team differences individuality and the big teams being so destructive against a weaker side..I think anyone's going to be hard pushed to beat barca on the harder difficulty settings with a league 2 side with manual passing.

It's a fresh ideology that fans of both the games have wanted for years.Yet everyone's so quick to think things aren't how they want or should be before they've realised there looking at it from the same angle that's shackled football games for years.

Last edited:
I picked up the demo last night for a quick game and in trying to match the Dynamic cam setting I like on FIFA, have been using Pitch Side, then adjusting to zoom 7, height 3, angle 3. Top player, level 1 passing and assisted everything else. Quite enjoyed it and it might be growing on me. Definitely can see the ball physics have improved when bouncing and being deflected/blocked. Keeper animations are good but can sometimes be a bit samey when making diving saves.

I see fouls happen but I try and walk/jog and use little bursts or turns to create space. That often makes them jump in and will win you fouls. I haven't seen many if any situations where I think I've been robbed of a free kick. Would be great to have less pronounced shadows on the pitches and more texture but I think I might buy a copy and play some different comps or leagues. Also - the 10 minute games are possibly a little short for me so I'd be keen to try the 15 minute setting.

P.S. Here's a bit of play that had me cursing the keepers for good reasons lol
http://xboxclips.com/CalcioCalabrese/78f8ca45-dc47-445a-a255-1e1da211856c

Last edited:
yeah, here's what i think. Sense they loosened the game up, ball, pressing, and player animations have improved. Foul system is off where the game knows where a foul should be triggered. So they need to tweak it until it's fixed. But don't go back to 2017 extra tight pressing and ball to do it.
I really believe by PES 2020 this games a gem.

yeah, here's what i think. Sense they loosened the game up, ball, pressing, and player animations have improved. Foul system is off where the game knows where a foul should be triggered. So they need to tweak it until it's fixed. But don't go back to 2017 extra tight pressing and ball to do it.
I really believe by PES 2020 this games a gem.

Get those cpu fouls right and boom..We will have one game..

I've played a fair amount of matches with the demo now, and I'm not changing my mind: I like it, yet it has some downsides (the most obvious of them being the lack of pressure by the CPU in some occasions and the CPU being allowed to murder my players without the referee even caring about it) that make me want to go back to PES 2015 at times.

I still believe that if they managed to sort this couple of issues (the first one I'm sure it depends on the team teactics, othrwise it would happen always but it doesn't) this could aswell become the best football game ever (at the moment, please don't roast me, it's still PES 2015 for me).

I think I'll get PES 2018 on PC as the graphics are a bit blurry on my regular PS4 judging by the demo.

P.S. did anyone else download the full game Knack 2 for free from the New Zealand PSN account they set up to get the PES 2018 demo? Cheers Sony:BOP:

...someones getting fired for accidentally giving a Sony 1st party game away for free before it's even been released in the west:SHOCK:

I am a PC player and can't check, but has anyone found out what the new Wingback advanced tactics does?

EDIT: ok, it seems this video answers the question:
Yeah, if this works well, one of the biggest positional headaches of PES is solved!

Last edited:
Legend difficulty is apparently ridiculously tough according to a guy on reddit. Difficult to judge because we don't know how good they are at the game but looks like it'll be a big challenge!

I99USXx.png

I've played a fair amount of matches with the demo now, and I'm not changing my mind: I like it, yet it has some downsides (the most obvious of them being the lack of pressure by the CPU in some occasions and the CPU being allowed to murder my players without the referee even caring about it) that make me want to go back to PES 2015 at times.

I still believe that if they managed to sort this couple of issues (the first one I'm sure it depends on the team teactics, othrwise it would happen always but it doesn't) this could aswell become the best football game ever (at the moment, please don't roast me, it's still PES 2015 for me).
I'm in the same boat. PES 2015 is still a brilliant game as well and i play it often. Love the freedom in that game as 1 bar passing is semi assited which is something Konami have never returned to since and i can never undestand why?

Legend difficulty is apparently ridiculously tough according to a guy on reddit. Difficult to judge because we don't know how good they are at the game but looks like it'll be a big challenge!

I99USXx.png

i wanna see a derby during an ML

So hyped for this now. The guy over on Reddit mentioned that there is a clear difference in the AI style of play between Real Madrid and Barcelona, so my fear of that being lost is calmed for now at least.

I'm excited for Legendary difficulty too. My suspicion is an overpowered and aggressive AI, but just maybe it will be great and add some life to Master League.

I99USXx.png

Am I reading that correctly? In 34 matches on Legendary difficulty, the AI committed an average of 0.59 fouls per match? And the player only managed an average of 1.18? In 34 matches? On Legendary? So even with the player presumably desperate to recover the ball a lot of the time and playing super-aggressively, he only managed to foul just over once per match? Sweet Jesus...

I go back long enough to recall when FIFA was mercilessly pilloried here for this kind of thing. It didn't matter what qualities the other game might possess, for things like this, it was utterly slammed, and rightly so. How times have changed.

However otherwise good PES2018 is, however much it's garlanded with praise, however sublime the animations are, however much anything at all, if this no-fouls situation obtains, the game will never be anything of substance.

Last edited:
So hyped for this now. The guy over on Reddit mentioned that there is a clear difference in the AI style of play between Real Madrid and Barcelona, so my fear of that being lost is calmed for now at least.

I'm excited for Legendary difficulty too. My suspicion is an overpowered and aggressive AI, but just maybe it will be great and add some life to Master League.
i am excited for the new 'legend' difficulty which unlocks after winning 5 superstar matches

it's like old pes when we could unlock 6 stars!!

I think I don't like demo much at moment because it's so easy to control a game

Master league won't let us do that in high difficulty

Back
Top Bottom