PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Hi guys as I've said very disappointed with the demo against the A.I
But loved against family and friends. Interested in online but not a fan of MyClub.

Here's Episode 8 of our podcast :
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the ... F341000535
https://m.soundcloud.com/thecontextualpodcast/episode8

We are awaiting review copies but hoping to have our review up next week but probably won't have online included as Konami don't make the servers live until nearer the release date. Our first proper review so please message ask me on here or DM me so I don't miss any questions you want answering in the review . I'll try and structure the review as best I can. Also thinking of doing some YouTube videos to kick our channel off. Thanks Chris
(this is the same post on WENB not spamming just respect both sites as a member and think we want the same things in the game hope my review represents that)

it looks good, i wouln't mind if they put back the ostrichs, horse heads, dinosaurs, footbal fields in the beach or in Cydonia, as long as you have the option to turn it on/off.

what I'd love to see is generic football fields, please please Adam, Konami, Richie Rich, Pope Francis, Joseph Kony, and/or whoever this may concern:
please give us 10-15 generic stadiums such as
  • training field (remember that pitch in old PES that even had Silent Hill ads?)
  • really small stadiums (10k to 15k seats)
  • Small stadiums (20-30k seats)
  • Average sized stadiums (35-60k seats)
  • Large stadiums (65-80k seats)
  • Huge stadiums (85k+seats)
It doesn't matter if the stadiums are not customizable, but it'll help if they are!

That would make a lot of people happy, and It'll help to the immersion.
IE, I alway play ML from the 2nd division.. and it looks ridiculous to play L2 teams in the allianz arena all the time PFF

that and increase the fouls since I've only had a few chances to try the lovely new FK system (haven't had a penalty yet).

it looks good, i wouln't mind if they put back the ostrichs, horse heads, dinosaurs, footbal fields in the beach or in Cydonia, as long as you have the option to turn it on/off.

what I'd love to see is generic football fields, please please Adam, Konami, Richie Rich, Pope Francis, Joseph Kony, and/or whoever this may concern:
  • training field (remember that pitch in old PES that even had Silent Hill ads?)
It doesn't matter if the stadiums are not customizable, but it'll help if they are!

IE, I alway play ML from the 2nd division.. and it looks ridiculous to play L2 teams in the allianz arena all the time PFF

that and increase the fouls since I've only had a few chances to try the lovely new FK system (haven't had a penalty yet).

about that seems ok

check stadiums and capacity

But R2 shooting was/is inpossible to learn (at least for me) when using manual shooting.

Yeah wow interesting you say that. I thought it was just me learning it but I even played some games on Beginner to test my manual shooting and get good at it which helps but for the life of me I could not execute the R2 controlled shot on manual on breakaways properly. I just gave up on it and deemed it useless really on manual

I'm going to start using advanced tonight with manual. I do like how you can you even use X pass and or o lob pass for shooting on manual for in close shots as well close to the goal. I have scored a nice volley using manual with O lob pass. maybe it's just in my head but I feel like you get better action off crosses using Lob pass manual towards goal for shooting.

@steveee I personally play with manual (passing and) shooting and really like it. I've not given advanced a fair chance so can't compare. What I like about manual shooting is that tension and satisfaction you get remeniscent from real life football. It does take some getting used to and at first it's hard to even get shots on target. Heck, after 1,5 years of this I can still miss on open goal!

I plan to use it for online as well. The beta felt very balanced and I always felt I stood a chance against players with assisted settings, so I hope the final game will be similar.

To comment on south American teams I enjoy those as well. It was really a shame they lost the Libertadores licence! For 2016 and 2017 teams like that made the game play at a much more natural pace which was nice, but at the same time it was annoying that it just didn't feel good to play with the best teams such as my personal favorite, Barca. In 2018 demo playing with Barca thankfully feels better/more natural.

As for that CL stadium, I'm a bit ambivalent. In one way a fantasy stadium is a nice throw back to the PS2 games with dog's heads and stuff like that. On the other hand it's an immersion killer and I could only imagine using it when playing with a certain buddy of mine. Also, what is the deal with it being a 1 million seater? From my memory of the stadium's size in the tv spots it should max be for 500.000 people.
Lastly, it's also sort of annoying that they make such a stadium in stead of getting this years one for the CL final. Worst thing would be if the fantasy stadium is locked to the final in the CL mode of the game so you can't change it!

They added new supercup, but .... i don't understand how can work... or the purpose.. all of them have space from 4 teams (following the db)

asian supercup not exist from 2002 (replaced from AFC) , maybe the other two if they added other north americans or africans teams with the update (actually only pleasure horn in other african teams), something like CONCACAF CL and the CAF Confederations Cup ???

Please tell me they've fixed the tournament formats for the American & Africans Tournaments?
I'd be happy, but i dont guess so... seems just a little eliminatory before FIFA Club World Cup , btw i don't have the game i'm just trying to understand something from the files of the db and from this screens.
From the screens those competitions are presents in the game and also checking inside the db (with no entries like the most of unlicensed competitions)

i had some fun last night when playing 3 matches of GER vs ARG. one of the matches i uploaded.
i tried to play build up and keep posession. it got a little hectic at the end... but that was all down to myself getting hectic... eagerly trying to score! :D

It was an entertaining match but only because manual makes it frantic like that. Don't take that the wrong way, I play manual too. If you break it down, Argentina's front 4 attackers (Dybala, Messi, Di Maria, Higuain) never came back to defend basically leaving them with 6 in defense. Not one of Argentina's ground passes were off target apart from the passes you intercepted. Even when you maxed out your A/D level to red and threw Hummels forward they still were still attacking the same way (long balls sprayed over the top sprayed out wide) despite them being a goal up. Had they worked their numerical advantage and passed it around they would have cut you open when you went for the win.

I used to work for Sony, in the certification department - still have friends there. They couldn't tell me about specific games or patches without getting fired, but it's still around one week for patches to make it through certification. Unless they have some kind of special dispensation, but if they did, it'd be for the game's release date - not this early.

When he says "demo", the Gamescom code was "demo" code, wasn't it?

The only thing I'm thinking is that some of the issues from Gamescom and the demo are the same so technically saying they took demo feedback into account is still somewhat accurate. I def agree 100% with your patch math though as it just doesn't add up.

I'm loving the demo the more I play it. I finally made the switch to Manual and playing on Professional at the moment but I can hang with top player as well on full manual. I finally have gotten the manual passing down and it's a pure joy when make a great through ball with the pass button or lob pass button on manual. I see what people have been saying for years in FIFA and PES now about the freedom you have when playing on manual. I personally always didn't use manual because most of my gaming is done online in FIFA clubs or in seasons. but now in PES I feel like I can use Manual even playing against people with pass assist 1. I'm confident in my passing on manual and do really well. The shooting on manual I have gotten much better and scoring some great goals.. at least they seem great to me because they are on manual and the feeling I get from scoring them is much more enjoyable. However, I do seem to miss the sitters in close on manual way to much for my liking. I might just use manual passing with Advanced shooting for online.

for all you manual players.. do any of you use Manual with Advanced shooting or should I just stick with full manual.. ?and I specifically want to hear from those of you who plan to be playing like that online as well.

another note regarding the demo that I noticed that works really well when defending is using the super cancel often. I will run at defenders doing that and easily get the ball. If your not holding R2 your success at getting the ball when going in for a tackle drops by almost 50% it seems.

Thanks

I play manual but basic shooting only because when I do create a chance I don't want to waste it lol.

They added new supercup, but .... i don't understand how can work... or the purpose.. all of them have space from 4 teams (following the db)

asian supercup not exist from 2002 (replaced from AFC) , maybe the other two if they added other north americans or africans teams with the update (actually only pleasure horn in other african teams), something like CONCACAF CL and the CAF Confederations Cup ???
I'm sure that cup game exists on 17 as well
When I won the CL season three on my ML,I played a tournament with 4 teams,one from each continent

I'm sure that cup game exists on 17 as well
When I won the CL season three on my ML,I played a tournament with 4 teams,one from each continent

that is FIfa CLub World Cup in the previous screen 'Coupe Internationale de club '
i mean 'SuperCup des Champions - continent'

about that seems ok

check stadiums and capacity

but
https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/904808400109932544

i can't believe that... why changing a byte is so difficult :SHOCK:

in my opinion konami release pes too early these days.

I am sure back in the pes 3, 4, 5 days it was released late October.

I wish konami release it later and made sure all bugs and annoyances are ironed out and the game plays well

Next week is too soon
i believe this is because they have to release PES so early to avoid FIFA release. How many people you think buy PES because FIFA's not out yet? It's football fever and they want a quick fix.
I agree this isn't working as well as it should and it's the reason for buggy unfinished game.

Good to see the gameplay hasn't changed from the demo,lots of space still.Not overly compressed.

Doesn't look like cpu pressure has altered to much and the way cpu players look to get back in or maintain there position,rather then chase the ball if there is cover.

Happy..The demo is good enough for me but fouls are still a concern.

The truths out there!..Still happy..Didn't see what level it being played on though as I skipped strait to gameplay.

Thanks for posting!..

Edit..He's on regular(facepalm).Probably not best to judge the cpu ai pressure then.

Last edited:
Good to see the gameplay hasn't changed from the demo,lots of space still.Not overly compressed.

Doesn't look like cpu pressure has altered to much and the way cpu players look to get back in or maintain there position,rather then chase the ball if there is cover.

Happy..The demo is good enough for me but fouls are still a concern.

The truths out there!..Still happy..Didn't see what level it being played on though as I skipped strait to gameplay.

Thanks for posting!..

that's the game not patched, patch should come out day one , and patch should change fouls and gameplay (following tweets of bhatti), so that should be the demo build

that's the game not patched, patch should come out day one , and patch should change fouls and gameplay (following tweets of bhatti), so that should be the demo build

I hope so on fouls..Cpu is what I would expect from regular,semi passive.

I can live with the shooting and passing on manual as I think it's fine..Fouls are my only real concern now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom