PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

This is nothing more than PR guff to drum up the hype.

You're trying to tell me they have made huge changes to improve many areas of the game but they're not allowed to tell anyone about it a week before launch? You know, as a way of increasing publicity and generating more sales? Get off the bus man.

I'll happily eat my words if there have been huge improvements but I've fallen for this before. I gave the demo another go last night - I'm now up to 15 games played and I've had 3 fouls in total. That's unacceptable for a football game. I get 3 per match in Fifa 16.
Best to not read into Adam Bhatti's twitter at all... of course he is going to say "We are listening to your issues and patching them out"... maximizes the chance of people that are on the fence due to some issues thinking "The Full Game will be a lot better! Bhatti said so".... I have fallen for this so many times over the years. Shooting is still a GLARING issue and has been for years and years. I HIGHLY doubt they will drastically change it for this "Patch" he speaks of..... I am out!

This patch will just have tweaks, honestly you can't expect them to improve something they don't even consider a bug or an issue.

Shooting will most definitely not be touched. Maybe some fouls, maybe more CPU aggressiveness, or cursor change improvements, who knows.

I really don't believe this patch is based on demo feedback too. We all know they are really slow to react so making changes and tweaks based on demo feedback after just one week would be a miracle coming from them. I just think it will be more development fixes after they went gold with at the beginning of August.

thnks to @marcelohilter for sharing xbox db
after a quick look competition structure doesn't seems change, that's a bit boring, One great lack is right that.
Ok, Konami doesn't have all the teams licensed , Ok, is not totally their fault (due EA buy,buy,buy sometime just to remove from KONAMI db) and they are trying to achieve more results about that , BUT is really inconceivable why they doesn't put the right number of teams that compete in the competitions, WTF . Put more fake teams, that doesn't care, we can edit them but why castrate the starting of a competitions every year.
And i bet my 2 cents that the ranking of the leagues are again related to the average Overall of the teams (ATT-MID-DEF)
again 10 teams in CL playoff round (in real are 20) , again less team in EL.. the competitions are identical to 2017 (just an happy note that they have putted 5 english teams in CL).
If KONAMI lack of licenses they should give us more freedom, a good edit tools not a shitty edit mode that is never in line with bin files and could only create issues (talking about 2016 and 2017)
BTW i don't think that they have implemented nothing on new over edit mode.

Ok is not the final db (cuz they could change with the DLC on day one) but i think that for this year that's what we have.

EDIT and last thing about fake teams, if they could create classic teams with realistic players value BUT Fake players name, why they don't do the same about all the rest... in three years of development that never come in mind?
There are tons of modders and editers that will be only happy to help without wait the next months after the release to do the same for private/public purposes

Hello kilay, but can you somehow take the teams of other Asian South American leagues and make them European and have more teams for the ML for PC version?

Last edited:
yeah, got smashed in the box, player fell and ref swallowed his whistle.
give this to Konami for next patch...................
$_58.JPG

and make him always have it ready to go.
65331987-soccer-referee-whistles-and-shows-yellow-card.jpg
looool, it really bugs me when moderators or people who are always praising the game don't even quote our comments when we talk about penalties, which is a major issue, they just ignore our post totally,....

looool, it really bugs me when moderators or people who are always praising the game don't even quote our comments when we talk about penalties, which is a major issue, they just ignore our post totally,....

Your either too thick to realize what You say, or a troll, or both.
Keep it up so we can kick Your arse out.

Hello kilay, but can you somehow take the teams of other Asian South American leagues and make them European and have more teams for the ML?
talking about last edition (PES 2017) no you can't ,also southamericans and asians teams take part of ML, if you move them to other leagues you leave some empty spaces in other competitions , we can just add teams but not always that is possible and ML could crash, and whatever required a lot of time to test.
and anyway I concern about edit tools that they relesease not the tricks that we can do with the great tools that this and other communities/modders release. That's a shame for all the common users that have to wait someone that fix/updates that... again i mean a clear,simple and useful tools released by KONAMI open to all.

In the last days i have only PM where people asking about 'how to fix PES 2017 competitions for current season' ?
And i can't do that for all the people.. is a long trial and error process and some things are impossible to do (e.g. I think is impossible add 5 english teams to CL ), and i would like to avoid that.
Really i don't think that they could have any difficult to realize an edit mode that could change the competitions entries.

Sorry fo the half OT

This patch will just have tweaks, honestly you can't expect them to improve something they don't even consider a bug or an issue.

Shooting will most definitely not be touched. Maybe some fouls, maybe more CPU aggressiveness, or cursor change improvements, who knows.

I really don't believe this patch is based on demo feedback too. We all know they are really slow to react so making changes and tweaks based on demo feedback after just one week would be a miracle coming from them. I just think it will be more development fixes after they went gold with at the beginning of August.

I agree,any larger tweaks would require even more testing.

There's more bugs in tne PS4 demo.Players freezing,animation glitches and the cpu ai not reacting to the ball or walking away from it back into position ,when there play breaks down.The cursor also feels much more off and not as quick on the PS4.

Last night I was watching my beta captures and what stood out is the real lack of forward movement from my teammate ai.Night and day compared to the demo.

I'm hoping the whole cpu foul issue of aggression or lack of is just another layer not added or fully implemented in the demo.I saw gifs on konamis official Facebook page of midfielders barging and being very aggressive a few weeks ago.

The beta was missing so many elements which are clear as day playing the xboxone demo and then viewing beta captures.

I'm sure bar 1 passing will be less assisted in the final game and they may have toned down accuracy when shooting.Im finding the variety is there even on basic.Needs more curlers though,but there's plenty of dip,and you can do the simple soft tap ins.Not everything's a thunderbolt.Had plenty of over hit shots and error.

Not heard many talk about how good heading is or the animations.The animations make my hairs stand up on end,there gorgeous.Reminds me of when I first played pes5 and ISS on the n64.Konami had it nailed then like they have now,plus the smoothness.

Last edited:
unless the patch was already ready just in case of the feedback they have received. i mean it is impossible for them not to know there are no fouls or the AI backs off - they may have been waiting to see of a response - probably wishful thinking

unless the patch was already ready just in case of the feedback they have received. i mean it is impossible for them not to know there are no fouls or the AI backs off - they may have been waiting to see of a response - probably wishful thinking

Even fouls issue is one from many years ago, since Pes 2016. It's really difficult to believe they managed to fix the issue mere days before the release date.

I think the patch that's already been applied for those that have the game already is probably based on gamescom/WT feedback and there is still another patch to come based off demo feedback which will be there for day 1

They can see it.You don't make a game with this much subtlety and can't see basic things that do stand out.

These guys have been doing it for 30 years.The magnetic defending and catch up issue of last year were a by product of a game that needed and had planned elements that just weren't finished.Its the only way last years game would have been relatively balanced.

There almost there,you can't build a near perfect game in 1 year and this year is the end of the cycle or near completion of a product they have been slowly building for 3 years imo.Huge changes to animation this year.

Im positive this year is going to be knockout!,I still think there's a layer in regard to fouls and aggression that we just haven't seen yet.

Last edited:
Your either too thick to realize what You say, or a troll, or both.
Keep it up so we can kick Your arse out.
I don t understand why would speak to me like that while u already know that i am a pes fan and played all pes games, why would u talk this way?? If a person is finding negatives in the game ur just consider him a troll?? I don t understand how people think

The database of PES 2018 is online at http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2018/

Hmm, teams I liked to use online that they have lost in regards to real names (I know it can be fixed but not when playing online):

Santos (and Gremio/Atletico Mineiro still have fake players, or almost the whole brazilian league does except the bigger teams)
Uruguay NT (pity!)
Serbia NT

On the plus side:
Japan NT (Fun!)
Turkey NT
Poland NT

3 thousand of players (keepers excluded) with less of 70 of stamina... banega with 68, bah
thats based over 13000 players means that almost 1/4 of the players of the db are not able to finish a match without be exausted, for me is a little exaggerated
I don't speak about the stamina of the kepeers, i never understood their POV about this attribute... a keeper should be able to play almost the whole season without turnover, but with value of 55-70 is pretty impossible.
Have someone tested Banega in a full match with Inter during demo or beta?
Have stamina different impact than 2017?

http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2018/s...=40-40&stamina=40-70&sort=ovr&sort_order=desc

Last edited:
I don t understand why would speak to me like that while u already know that i am a pes fan and played all pes games, why would u talk this way?? If a person is finding negatives in the game ur just consider him a troll?? I don t understand how people think

Perhaps people are sick of seeing same repetitive posts made 5 to 10 times a day by same people ,and perhaps You fail to realize that the process goes from passing an opinion to out and out daily trolling for the sake of it.
You are a fan like anyone else here,but don't be a troll please.
You singled out Moderators as always praising the game?
You need to actually read Moderators feedback more,their is plenty of criticism about.

We get the "fuck Konami's", the "hate Bhatti's",the" immersion breakers", the "game breakers", the " I'm outs" from various people who still post same thing the next day,week,month,for the hell of it.
The one line trolls who offer nothing other than being on a bandwagon.
We also recognize some are just reactive and then settle down to offer good proper support statements,be it good or bad.

To underpin a perceived Konami issue,You need to be far more constructive.

And you say Your posts are ignored, Hmmmm have a think about that.

so lovely "rumble animations"/collisions... wish there was a ref on the pitch sometimes! ;)

Exactly,refs seems a little lenient.In the demo the cpu ai seems like it's set to be very passive.Almost deliberate to make a exhibition of flow.

Think how attack minded the cpu ai can be in the demo at times and its movement.Apply this to aggression,closing space and winning the ball and we could have something never seen in a football game before.Realism on another level.Its already there in forward movement and how teams set up there shape to defend.

It's like pitch scale and how the use of space is completely elevated to a new level.

Football games have become to obsessed with overly compressed gameplay imo and I think that have created something quite new interms of space and how that alters the way you think on and off the ball.Going back to the other game is like being in a compressed sandwhich,there's never any real space and the automatic nature of how the game
Compensates all the time for gaps you leave make it feel like the game never becomes stretched.Or are you able to really open up teams by just working the ball.Pes 18 captures that.

Last edited:
please lets not use this argument it's how you play..there aren't enough fouls due to how the AI play ..even one per game is really poor..there are literally hundreds of user comments on Twitter regarding fouls ..surely we all can't be playing the game wrong
Please let's not jump to conclusions I didn't say it's how you play. Yes autocorrect fucked up my original post but the fact is on top player I am getting fouls.

Sensibly though if you spamming the pass button chances are you not going to get fouls. Also what difficulty are you playing on? I haven't played on superstar to judge if there is an issue with perfect tackling by the com which has been the case previously.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom