PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Fix the basic things like players ignoring the ball or when passing to a defender 6 feet away and the cursor thinks that the other defender 20 feet away has it covered and insists on him running over while the opposing forward steals the ball. . . .the defense backs off too much sometimes although that could be down to tactics . .it's not as if the centre back shouts 'here they come lads' when an attack is in progress and the rest of them think 'ah let them, who cares'? We'll have to hear feedback from someone who has the full game and the new patch.

You have a eye for the detail,a small fix but a pivatol one.This is objective.Like you say,could be the tactics or just something that has been ironed out already.These are the things I like clarity on.

Sliders is the way to go with any modern sports game, one for the following aspects of the game would gave most people what they want in a football game

Aggression - How much the opposition attempts to get the ball of you
Defense to attack - how quickly teams go from one to the other or pass it around
Passing Accuracy
Shooting Accuracy
Response
the player statistics and abilities are also a form of sliders, crossing, shooting power and accuracy can be adjusted per player. sliders for the AI would be great so we can give AI more error on shooting and passing. but no Japanese sports game has ever had them.

i agree, learning how the game plays at a high level and getting your timing down because this game is a timing thing. Game plays different for you on different camera angles because you can only play to what you see. Why i like player camera best!

Anyway, i know because iv'e had this happen to me. Played on broadcast camera didn't enjoy the defending or shooting. Then i switched to player camera, now i can see things better, like angles for passing and defending is easier to time because i'm closer to the action.
Shooting is better too on manual with player camera because your closer to the player and behind him allowing you to see all the angles of the goal. Best way i can describe this is, with a side camera, shooting has the same range with your analog stick but less precision. My shots have more outcomes on player camera manual shooting. My misses are not just by feet but yards sometimes because of the increased precision on player camera.

hope i explained something that is a feel type of thing.
I agree with you ,totally different game on different cameras,like on different difficulties,and most importantly different setup,my game opened up going with advanced throughball and manual passing
It's a complex game,ive nowhere near mastering this game,but the more I know and the better I get,the better this game gets
Good spotting @Bond!JamesBond!

Sliders are the only reason I can play FIFA for around 8 months solid. In PES the AI is too easy, which means there is no longevity to the game. Once you figure out how easy it is to beat the AI the game is ruined. This is why I never even bought PES17. In PES18 the attacking AI looks to have improved a little which is good, but the defensive AI has been terrible. I hope the legendary difficulty level can save it.
assisted play is easier and so is a zoomed out side camera angle. it's your call, try manual no assisted play (my video i posted has the settings) and broadcast or player camera. it might keep you happy for a longer time. it's worked for me the games much harder and more rewarding scoring goals.

Exactly. We need waaay more time and access to the full game before you can start making patches..
I am sure the developer team are already aware of issues and fed back that it would be fixed. This is what I would expect atleast..

I must be honest I prefer the days of knowing nothing, Barr a few magainzine preview articles till you loaded the game into your disk tray and off you went on your merry way. Oblivious to all the drama pre release and confident in the play testers and vision of the development team

This is why I've gone for the xboxone version.I like the demo gameplay,kit editing,update patches aren't something im really interested in now.Seen and played to many football games over the course of the patching era that have been butchered.

Just want a good free flowing game now and this demo has given me that.Its been years since I've felt like that and for me football games have become to compressed and laboured.

I'm happy to stick with vanilla if a patch butchers the demo gameplay,as im pretty sure advanced tactics are negating the gameplay.I can get a cd key and have all the bells and whistles on the pc version.

Doesn't sought the fouls issue though,but I can live with that because it's not a broken system and works perfectly against another human player.

Chris, i know why Konami doesn't read forums like this.
Because of all the excessive moaning and because people here write that they wish Seabass and his family get cancer or because people insult Adam Bhatti...in the end you just stop reading to protect yourself.

If people would have moaned less, Konami would read evo-web, Adam used to be a member of this community...
maybe they read but skip the things they don't like because in this massive thread are some good ideas for them to ponder. if i worked at Konami i'd read this thread and use these ideas to get a promotion.:D

With regards to shooting. This game is capable of having enough variety and movement of shots. However it doesn't happen often enough. I've seen shots swivel, bounce and move, but 7/10 shots are too accurate.

That can be addressed easily
and i need to point out to reduce confusion and disagreements, shooting is different on different settings and camera angles

e88d8c25eddef7141d0d8e509a86951b.png

3befff98916fae96cfafc17e0f587d26.png

Credits to blazt@wenb

Lol near perfect????

Ok not worth a even a try to ellaborate. Maybe some of this days you will be in the payroll of Konami too.

It's not near perfect cuz of shooting and passing? I mean what else are you trying to convince me that it's missing? I already mentioned lack of fouls, and bad positioning. But those two things have always been somehow fixable and part of a patch. What is your definition of near perfect? To me it's the first year that I feel like PES is not so behind and isn't missing a lot of things gameplay wise. Shooting is better than in the beta and passing was better in the beta, so it's getting there. Again the game hasn't come out and I'm optimistic.

Thank you for your disrespectful comment.

e88d8c25eddef7141d0d8e509a86951b.png

3befff98916fae96cfafc17e0f587d26.png

Credits to blazt@wenb

Just a lot of bug fixes,rooster changes and the day one patch we were going to receive anyway.

Spin it a bit to calm hysteria,because to many are convinced the demo is the final product.

I welcome any enhancements,bug fixes,so it's never a bad thing news like this.The sin-nick in me thinks it's a clever PR exercise.Development of the game is still a rolling target despite already going gold so there bound to still be tweaking.

Thanks for posting though and i don't mean this as a negative.

defending is better less assisted than 2017 and more manual it makes you work. That's the game-play positive iv'e seen. also dribbling is way better than 2017.

Add on that, passing is better as well. Last year you couldn't even pass the ball out the pitch, it was so assisted that it goes to players feet only. You had to use manual. Shooting improved as well. Ball physics is clearly better. GKs are better as well. Set pieces are possibly the best in the PES series or even FIFA. Tactics in those set pieces this year are really nice. I have to repeat and say animations is the biggest change and it makes it a different monster this year. The best in the series. Most people don't care that much about those things and don't see them as changes. Sad.

That things you mentioned are well implemented this year @PES94, but passing was better in beta, surely is better than 2017, The same as shooting, its better than 2017 but not near standards yet.

Set pieces are awsome but i have yet to see a PENALTY in order to see how they work, and i have only manage to win a free kick near the box, because fouls are few to none and i have been assaulted 3 or 4 times, but most of the times cpu just not botter and keep backing UP without giving you a challenge, and let you take shoot wenever you want, so the good new set pieces are yet to be tested properly. I will be happy with 3 or 4 fouls a side.

You see everyone can point goods and bads, but like its said in football if its good dont move. It seems like whenever Konami touches something its breaks it, só better to tal about only the bad things, that is what matters to make the Game i think most of us want.

Im not happy to be served lobster with a turd asside, even if that lobster was the tastier and fresher in the world, The turd will ruin it.

If every year the Game is só good as some here make it, we would not have this discussions every year, and the funny thing is that next year we will see the ones that accept no criticism and deny all flaws, commenting about those flaws because pes 2019 was presented and only than they can say - yes 2018 lacked in shooting, its yet to assisted, and positioning and fouls were off... And then the same ciclo begins...

I only ever bought pes for Master League back in the good times and have to agree that it needs a huge overhaul.

why don't konami put any effort into Master League? Well I think we all know why ...myclub. They have to cater for the younger generation of pes player now which is why in my opinion the shooting is the way it is (so Joe Bloggs can get the ball with his favourite player neymar or Messi and drill the ball into the back of the net with ease.)

Pes 2017 Master League got very extremely boring very quickly. There just isn't enough depth to it and a lot of people like myself want to play as a Premier League side...well...playing at the same 4 or 5 stadiums every year is such a chore. Then we have Cup games STILL at a 'neutral' stadium (I mean, konami, seriously?!)

Signing players far too easy still. I was buying ridiculously good players when I played as Sunderland in pes 2017. Sunderland for god sake!

We will never see huge changes or improvements to the creaking old Master League simply because konami don't care about it.

Now it's all about myclub and opening cards or balls of whatever it is you do in that mode.
We now have the challenge mode on ML. And lets not forget the 3v3 mode which quite promising. Plus they upgraded their online server. To say konami being lazy is simply not true. I would say they are more focused on the online departments

Well you can't fault him. We're treated like forgotten old hags when instead we should be treated like good aged cheese (or old wise men, whatever floats your boat. I love cheese).
The youngens will always try to overthrow the elders.
And making the mistakes we've already made and warned them about.
Sad world.
Fucking hate the kids:)

Back
Top Bottom