PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

What does that sellotaping question mean? I looked up sellotape (got it now) but what does he ask? Is it Adam would "rank" the beta as higher then the full version?!
My English... :BLINK:

What I find interesting is that the way the sport is heading now, The market is over saturated with analysis, stats and tactical details. This has even made game makers include a lot of in depth statistics, passing percentages and so on.Even the tactics screen has stuff like gegenpessing and tiki taka, Pretty much advanced concepts in footballing terms.

Then the actual gameplay is becoming a diluted scripted ping pong passing fest year after year. It's actually getting worse as we go, So what exactly is Konami's vision if they have any?

EA introduced sliders and every year they add new game modes, Not perfect but every year there's something new like the journey,training players and other marquee features besides the FUT nonsense.

As for the feedback, The people enjoying the arcade are the ones who will throw the game after a week because they're usually shallow in their approach to the game and can't appreciate the real beauty of it.

I still prefer PES to Fifa on the pitch but I imagine listing all the things Fifa has that PES doesn't would mean a lot more scrutiny. I don't even mean new things either. Stuff like controlled celebrations, custom set-pieces, and an arena mode which were all added about 7 years ago. All of which are completely absent in PES, which doesn't exactly offer anything different or better to compensate. That's without getting into major changes like Sliders and Journey Mode that do in fact make FIFA feel like the complete game and PES a budget option. You don't need huge amounts of money for licenses for those; just ambition and the room to present new ideas (like one Mr Seabass used to).

For the record, I think it's great that people can look past those things and enjoy it. I really hope everybody who wants to enjoy PES this year does but I know I struggle to find excitement in the prospect of another year of custom tournaments and exhibition matches.

Last edited:
According to Adam on Twitter there is a big patch expected based on the fans feedback? I find this some what puzzling tbh
Who are these people providing feedback?

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/904766660946612226

It's scary zee..fine line between what really needs slight adjustment and perceived issues.Nobody has been able to use tactics yet,unless these are adjustments based on feedback given at the beta stage or from testers,journo's that have played a unlocked game.

The way I see it,the devs aren't dumb.They know there game and these may be resolved issues that even they were aware of.

I don't think the demo is fully optimised code and due to clearance it's easily a month or more old,maybe longer.

It's scary zee..fine line between what really needs slight adjustment and perceived issues.Nobody has been able to use tactics yet,unless these are adjustments based on feedback given at the beta stage or from testers,journo's that have played a unlocked game.

The way I see it,the devs aren't dumb.They know there game and these may be resolved issues that even they were aware of.

I don't think the demo is fully optimised code and die to clearance is easily a month or more old.
Exactly. We need waaay more time and access to the full game before you can start making patches..
I am sure the developer team are already aware of issues and fed back that it would be fixed. This is what I would expect atleast..

I must be honest I prefer the days of knowing nothing, Barr a few magainzine preview articles till you loaded the game into your disk tray and off you went on your merry way. Oblivious to all the drama pre release and confident in the play testers and vision of the development team

*beta released*
"Shootings shit, midfield missing etc etc"
*Demo released*
"Fuck konami, nothings fixed"
*Day one patch released*
"How on earth have they gathered feedback?"

This can be a wonderful community but it's also one that refuses to be pleased.

Last edited:
I still prefer PES to Fifa on the pitch but I imagine listing all the things Fifa has that PES doesn't would mean a lot more scrutiny. I don't even mean new things either. Stuff like controlled celebrations, custom set-pieces, and an arena mode which were all added about 7 years ago. All of which are completely absent in PES, which doesn't exactly offer anything different or better to compensate. That's without getting into major changes like Sliders and Journey Mode that do in fact make FIFA feel like the complete game and PES a budget option. You don't need huge amounts of money for licenses for those; just ambition and the room to present new ideas (like one Mr Seabass used to).

For the record, I think it's great that people can look past those things and enjoy it. I really hope everybody who wants to enjoy PES this year does but I know I struggle to find excitement in the prospect of another year of custom tournaments and exhibition matches.
Agree fifa is light years ahead in this respect. It's all fluff though and I expect better action on the pitch. Not saying it's the be all and end all but if I had to pick between the 2 I say get the in the pitch stuff right first and foremost. It's what I buy the game for.

I really like the game and I can´t wait to play the full release.

However, this video shows the biggest gripe I have with this game:

- 3:53: trying to defend Messi, the defender just walks past him. That never happened in PES 2017.
and worse:
- 4:53: how the defender let the ball roll over his feet.

It happens quite often and I really hate when it does...specially when it happens slower on speed -1.
i think defending is better than 2017 because when you press it doesn't win the ball for you it just puts your defenders in closer. 2017 was OP defending.
Was that you at 3:53 #24?
what buttons did you press there?
the angle you came in at was bad giving you hardly any time to manually defend, maybe 2x:x: there would have worked or a risky slide tackle for a yellow card, maybe.
what i like about 2018 defending is, it's more manual and less automatic giving us players more control.

*beta released*
*Demo released*
*Day one patch released*

Thats what she said.

Btw you are right. But still think some basic communication is missing here and there thats why theres the confusion.

And that the demo was released during the WT is my guess because we saw the teams played in that code.

Thats what she said.

Btw you are right. But still think some basic communication is missing here and there thats why theres the confusion.

And that the demo was released during the WT is my guess because we saw the teams played in that code.

But they obviously do look at forums, get a shit load of feedback at events and on Twitter. Whilst there's often an aggy response from Adam, he's not stupid and we don't see all the stuff that goes to official PES which isn't responded to.

Adam has openly said there aren't enough fouls and it's hard to fix. They've also intimated they know shooting needs some work, so it's not difficult to believe they've worked on some things with all of that feedback in mind.

Also, we have to remember th game goes gold very early. There's lots they would have accepted they'll only fix via patch, it's the way things are these days.

Lets wait for the official statement as Adam said about the details, also more importantly to play it with the patch. Well see. Looks promising.

363cb7ba0b888724db91d893b31a3b6d.png

when i asked this user about the patch details he replied:
Patch notes: "Gameplay adjustment. Shooting and passing balance."

hold your horses, community... ;)

Wait...is it already available? The servers are up? It means if you get it earlier you will have the patch?

Honestly, am I the only one that perfers defending in PES 2018 because of the fact that balls aren't magnetically won. You have to be at the right position and time your tackles right. It gives defending a bit of challenge. And I love the fact that world class players like Messi can easily tear up your defense. I understand why people wouldn't like it but I personally love these changes and because of these changes, this game is miles better than PES 2017. I hope they don't re-introduce catch-up bug or magnetic defending, it's good as is it is. Just tweak the passing stat, the aggression, the space and the shooting and this game is perfect. No need of any other changes. Just some minor changes that can add so much replayability.

Honestly, am I the only one that perfers defending in PES 2018 because of the fact that balls aren't magnetically won. You have to be at the right position and time your tackles right. It gives defending a bit of challenge. And I love the fact that world class players like Messi can easily tear up your defense. I understand why people wouldn't like it but I personally love these changes and because of these changes, this game is miles better than PES 2017. I hope they don't re-introduce catch-up bug or magnetic defending, it's good as is it is. Just tweak the passing stat, the aggression, the space and the shooting and this game is perfect. No need of any other changes. Just some minor changes that can add so much replayability.

Agree with this on the whole. First few games I played on professional and thought there was too much space and scoring was too easy. It's so so much better on top player.

*beta released*
*Demo released*
*Day one patch released*

So lets just see something. Beta out, People praise it, talk wonders about pace, praise passing, and criticize shooting. Almost two month's after feedback from demo we got, more assisted passing, shooting Almost the same, pace a tad faster (this could be because beta was online and i give you that), fouls same as last year, cpu ai with same gaps as last year. And this im talkin are feedback of almost a year.

And now you are telling that the community does not want to be pleased because mister Adam tells us that a miraculous day one patch based on 4 days of demo feedback will fix all the problems the Game has? Problems that they did not solve in a year dev. Or better in a 3 year dev like Adam_Bhatti said. Get real please.

The worst blind its the one who does not want to see.

A couple of things,I've seen a few people changing their minds when it comes to this game.
The first impressions being negative from them,then something happends.
They start to play the game a bit differently compared to previous games,suddenly the game is alright,the bugs and glitches that were screamed out as unacceptable suddenly becomes ok.

lol you're right. I admit I did this. My first impressions after just 3 games played I complained some about the passing on 1 assist being not as good as the online beta. but now after playing much longer I don't even notice a problem anymore and enjoying the demo.

So lets just see something. Beta out, People praise it, talk wonders about pace, praise passing, and criticize shooting. Almost two month's after feedback from demo we got, more assisted passing, shooting Almost the same, pace a tad faster (this could be because beta was online and i give you that), fouls same as last year, cpu ai with same gaps as last year. And this im talkin are feedback of almost a year.

And now you are telling that the community does not want to be pleased because mister Adam tells us that a miraculous day one patch based on 4 days of demo feedback will fix all the problems the Game has? Problems that they did not solve in a year dev. Or better in a 3 year dev like Adam_Bhatti said. Get real please.

The worst blind its the one who does not want to see.

Can only assume you've totally misunderstood my post. I disagree on the changes from beta but other than that it seems like you be missed the point.

Not here to argue, just find it odd that people would question how they've managed to get feedback so quickly when it's pretty obvious. Especially since all the problems people had still exist.

Like I said previously, I haven't been reading posts because my attention to detail is far less than some of yours. Either that or I find it much easier to place emphasis on the positive rather than the negative. Am I blind to issues? Not at all but they certainly bother me less. Could shooting be better? Drastically. Is it game breaking for me? Far from it. Same reads true of other issues. If they were game breaking I just wouldn't play it (see 08, 09, 10, 15, 16)

ah the dreaded patch that tells us
"and other gameplay tweaks that will enhance the user experience"

half the people hope that the flaws will be fixed, half the people are afraid that what's good is going to be ruined.
does it hurt to be more specific konami? :)

it doesn't matter, we'll find out soon enough...

The thing is for casual FIFA fans, PES 2018 demo is perfect. So it's gotta be us he is listening to right?
Well not perfect... Am I naive to expect that simple issues like players backing off from the ball carrier are non issues because it's only the demo so things like this are known and will be fixed right?

Right?!

I only ever bought pes for Master League back in the good times and have to agree that it needs a huge overhaul.

why don't konami put any effort into Master League? Well I think we all know why ...myclub. They have to cater for the younger generation of pes player now which is why in my opinion the shooting is the way it is (so Joe Bloggs can get the ball with his favourite player neymar or Messi and drill the ball into the back of the net with ease.)

Pes 2017 Master League got very extremely boring very quickly. There just isn't enough depth to it and a lot of people like myself want to play as a Premier League side...well...playing at the same 4 or 5 stadiums every year is such a chore. Then we have Cup games STILL at a 'neutral' stadium (I mean, konami, seriously?!)

Signing players far too easy still. I was buying ridiculously good players when I played as Sunderland in pes 2017. Sunderland for god sake!

We will never see huge changes or improvements to the creaking old Master League simply because konami don't care about it.

Now it's all about myclub and opening cards or balls of whatever it is you do in that mode.
Think about it,I've just returned to Pes 15,and then we had 16 and 17,the difference in presentation and functions between 15-17 is huge.
Is it going to be huge between 17-18,don't know,but it's very different between 15-17

1.shit on new release
2 praise previous
3 repeat

A couple of things,I've seen a few people changing their minds when it comes to this game.
The first impressions being negative from them,then something happends.
They start to play the game a bit differently compared to previous games,suddenly the game is alright,the bugs and glitches that were screamed out as unacceptable suddenly becomes ok.

I'm not very acceptable to new things,takes me a while to get used to it/accept it.
Reading through posts here since the release,I'm not the only one it seems.
I'm not gonna state that learning how to set up the game,and most importantly,learn how to play,is the key here.
I'm not....

With that said,haven't played the demo much,still on 17 and 15,with the odd 18 game every now and then.
And add the competitive nature of myclub/ML and a proper setup regarding tactics
This game will blow pretty much anything away

i agree, learning how the game plays at a high level and getting your timing down because this game is a timing thing. Game plays different for you on different camera angles because you can only play to what you see. Why i like player camera best!

Anyway, i know because iv'e had this happen to me. Played on broadcast camera didn't enjoy the defending or shooting. Then i switched to player camera, now i can see things better, like angles for passing and defending is easier to time because i'm closer to the action.
Shooting is better too on manual with player camera because your closer to the player and behind him allowing you to see all the angles of the goal. Best way i can describe this is, with a side camera, shooting has the same range with your analog stick but less precision. My shots have more outcomes on player camera manual shooting. My misses are not just by feet but yards sometimes because of the increased precision on player camera.

hope i explained something that is a feel type of thing.

your not the only one! i love it!

Exactly. We need waaay more time and access to the full game before you can start making patches..
I am sure the developer team are already aware of issues and fed back that it would be fixed. This is what I would expect atleast..

I must be honest I prefer the days of knowing nothing, Barr a few magainzine preview articles till you loaded the game into your disk tray and off you went on your merry way. Oblivious to all the drama pre release and confident in the play testers and vision of the development team

Some of the things are obvious though:

Pass Assistance 1 is too assisted
Switching still wonky
AI Defensive tendency to back-off at times
etc..

My interpretations of Adam's response was that there are some things like the one's mentioned above that easily remedied BUT things like tactics and their influence on the game might take a deeper look from the devs not too mention who knows how the game will play upon the full release in terms of tactics.

Loved this especially the part about magnetic defending and the catch up bug,killed a overall solid game imo.

You see exactly what i see when it comes to the balance of defence.Having to do a lot more micro management now with my cursor,especially while defending which I like.Shape and structural integrity can be a match for even the fastest forward.The tool set is also there interms of being able to jockey,get a foot in or block.I also can go toe to toe because the stick control and dribbling movement is so free.

I don't think they will change something so fundamental in the way this years game is built ,because it's engineered beautifully with the explosive nature of fast feet imo.

Last edited:
Fix the basic things like players ignoring the ball or when passing to a defender 6 feet away and the cursor thinks that the other defender 20 feet away has it covered and insists on him running over while the opposing forward steals the ball. . . .the defense backs off too much sometimes although that could be down to tactics . .it's not as if the centre back shouts 'here they come lads' when an attack is in progress and the rest of them think 'ah let them, who cares'? We'll have to hear feedback from someone who has the full game and the new patch.

Back
Top Bottom