PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the guys that played the game, posted a video of the master league improvements and said regens are still the same.
I've a feeling you're referring to PES Story Mode's video. In that, he said he doubted they'd have fixed regens at this point. I don't think he had any proof.

Unless you're talking about someone else. But as far as I know, no-one has solid ML news anyway, beyond what was announced at E3.

I don't know, i don't think they would announce it as a new feature, as it is a removal of an old system, to me there is still hope they did something about that.

I mean how could they annouce it? "Now you don't have Ronaldo being regenerated as an 85 rated 18 years old" ? Doesn't look like a great way to annouce it.

"Great new youth players system added to Master League! A database with multiple randomized new stars which will fill your youth team every year!"

Took me like 10 seconds to write it, I'm sure they could do better tho.

I've a feeling you're referring to PES Story Mode's video. In that, he said he doubted they'd have fixed regens at this point. I don't think he had any proof.

Unless you're talking about someone else. But as far as I know, no-one has solid ML news anyway, beyond what was announced at E3.

its from the video you posted, 5 reasons to be hyped for ML, the way he was talking about regens, i assumed he knew that wasnt getting an update.

I knew someone would say this the moment i hit the "Post Reply" button!

Hint: Better put the tax declaration away first...
Seems @Malcolm9 got there a second before me though! Alas.

Anyway, need to make this not OT somehow to avoid the ban hammer...

erm.. Is anyone else feeling like the improvements to PA, even if they stay in the game, will mean nought online? Because people will probably just play with PA3 or something, and it'll be another "can't beat em, join em" for the masses.

its from the video you posted, 5 reasons to be hyped for ML, the way he was talking about regens, i assumed he knew that wasnt getting an update.
Yeah that's the one. I dunno. He did stress that he didn't know anything yet about ML. An educated guess, I reckon. Probably the right one, but can't say.

I'll believe those two things when I see them.

Me too but I have seen a screen shot of someone bidding for Messi with Barca want at least £76m and Messi would require £15m per season.

On a youtube vid the rattled off some of the bizarre transfers in PES18 - Cant remember any of them but pretty sure he said he had Neymar - who had just joined PSG going to a team at bottom of Brazil league. Something like that.

Yeah that's the one. I dunno. He did stress that he didn't know anything yet about ML. An educated guess, I reckon. Probably the right one, but can't say.

For me its the best opinion about PES19 so far, a really good opinion without passion.

Me too but I have seen a screen shot of someone bidding for Messi with Barca want at least £76m and Messi would require £15m per season.

On a youtube vid the rattled off some of the bizarre transfers in PES18 - Cant remember any of them but pretty sure he said he had Neymar - who had just joined PSG going to a team at bottom of Brazil league. Something like that.
Barcelona wanting at least £76m for Messi is still terrible though. You can imagine how that will filter down to the lesser players.

Pretty sure I also saw a screen shot of ML involving Carrick being bought/sold. It made me get excited because I'd love to buy him... But, well, his playing career just finished.. Doubt Konami would do a Carrick legend :LOL:

Seems @Malcolm9 got there a second before me though! Alas.

Anyway, need to make this not OT somehow to avoid the ban hammer...

erm.. Is anyone else feeling like the improvements to PA, even if they stay in the game, will mean nought online? Because people will probably just play with PA3 or something, and it'll be another "can't beat em, join em" for the masses.

I don't mind Konami keeping them in, even though PA 2 & 3 are just overkill. What I want is to have adequate filters for playing online, rather than the 'similar' option we currently have. I only want to come up against either Manual or PA1 players only.

It would be great if you could have a filter for game speed as well, as -1 is perfect.

They should yes. They just need to put a few of these data editors on their payroll, a proper one, and they could do it.

RE: skating, I'm going to try -1 speed in the demo, hopefully it reduces a lot of that stuff.

I've always felt like changing the game speed to anything different than 0 in PES, really fucks up the gameplay. Maybe it is because the pace always felt kinda good, but off and when we tinker with it, the gameplay just shits itself or maybe it is something different I don't really know, but it sure does feel different...

I never truly enjoyed slower game speed than normal.

I don't mind Konami keeping them in, even though PA 2 & 3 are just overkill. What I want is to have adequate filters for playing online, rather than the 'similar' option we currently have. I only want to come up against either manual or PA1 players only.

It would be great if you could have a filter for game speed as well, as -1 is perfect.
Yes, a proper PA filter is my number 1 request for online features.

Hadn't thought about game speed because I only play on normal. But if they implemented a filter, it would encourage me to experiment with other speeds for sure.

This is really, really bad! I was playing with my club from Brazil and I bought players like Robben and Bonucci on my first season =XX

Yes, a proper PA filter is my number 1 request for online features.

Hadn't thought about game speed because I only play on normal. But if they implemented a filter, it would encourage me to experiment with other speeds for sure.

-1 gives the game are more tactical feel, where intelligence and probing the space feels more realised compared to playing at default speed.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I also saw a screen shot of ML involving Carrick being bought/sold. It made me get excited because I'd love to buy him... But, well, his playing career just finished.. Doubt Konami would do a Carrick legend :LOL:
The way Konami work, if they were at their team at the end of the previous season, they're in the boxed version until they do squad updates.
As long as they're on time with their squad updates, then I like this as you get one last pop with them as well as save any players that may move to a non-PES team in the transfer window.

The way Konami work, if they were at their team at the end of the previous season, they're in the boxed version until they do squad updates.
As long as they're on time with their squad updates, then I like this as you get one last pop with them as well as save any players that may move to a non-PES team in the transfer window.
Yes, that makes sense. Though, presentation-wise, it would have been sensible not to show a retired player being transferred in a live stream.

I guess we can file that also under "The way Konami work"...

Slightly PES related...Can anyone tell me the benefits of buying the game via download?
Why is that better than Disc as its more expensive?

Slightly PES related...Can anyone tell me the benefits of buying the game via download?
It`s more practical, don`t have to wait for physical copy to arrive or you to go to store and buy it, you don`t have to put the disc inside ps4 everytime you want to play it.. You can`t sell the game if you don`t like it either

I go digital if I can, not having to get up and change discs is a nice option. Apart from that it's the same.

Just wait a month or two after release and it'll be at least 40-50% cheaper digitally in a sale etc.

I don't get digital downloads at release either. I cannot see the perks of it.

Almost always more expensive and absolutely no re-sale value just so you can have the game at midnight instead of waiting until the next morning and buying it in a shop if it hasn't already arrived earlier than release in the post.

I buy all games via digital download now except for PES and FIFA as I tend to end up selling them on ebay after a couple of months. Especially PES.

I just keep PES to be honest, it always scratches the itch when I need a footy fix.

Trade in prices are pretty crap anyway, so I just buy the games I need when they come up in the PSN sales. I never buy digital day one.

I like that I can re-download a game anytime from my library to, as I may get the urge to replay a game later on down the line.

Depends on the title for me.
But PES I always buy at work at release day (or a day early). After some time (when I still like the game) I sell the physical copy and replace it with a digital version when on sale. Usually the disc gets me nearly the cost of the digital version.

About regens,they could at least put an on/off option when you start a ML.
Is this so hard??

Actually i remember last year reading somewhere that Bhatti was saying that for the next version they probably won't remove regens because apparently some fans want them(i wonder who really wants to play with a wrinkled face 16 year old Totti or Buffon or Ibra lol??But some people also want retired legends on their ML so go figure..)but maybe they would consider to make it optional,so fingers crossed maybe we'll have an option in 19.
For me actually is not a big deal cause i play only one season or maximun two with a team.Then if i want to play with another team i start from the beggining,so i don't reach a point were regens become really annoying.
But still it will be better to have a choice to remove them completely and for people who play multiple seasons it's surely an annoying thing.Also being able to disable first summer transfer window is a must and they should introduce that too.

Also they need to fix these nonsense young generic players names who look ridiculous and put some realistic names at least to them.This goes also for any generic teams with ridiculous names.Fortunatelly we will have many new leagues,so less generic shit,and these who remain can be patched into real teams so it's ok.Well,at least for pc.
I would also want an option to be able to choose stadium in ML single cup matches so i can put the home team stadium,and not forced to play the match in a random one.It's just little options like these that they don't give us and it's so annoying.Also an option to be able to turn off the ugly ball cursor.When they already have an option to turn off manual arrow etc,why not put an on/off option for the ball cursor also??
Fortunatelly enough i'm on pc and it can be turned off with a modified file,but i'm sure there are many console users that would want to have this option also.

I used to collect physical games but I have embraced the eventual digital only future, less stuff to have around is nice, less pollution from making discs, and when the end times come and the online servers go down, I will either be dead or busy with surviving the apocalypse.

Congrats @Chris Davies on managing to DRAIN THE SWAMP!

Can't believe it only took two hours tbh. Apologies if I inadvertently contributed some slime to the swamp; looking forward to a smooth, fluid discussion—like a PES game without fouls ;)

I'm trying to remain upbeat about the new lighting/graphics in general. But I find myself a little concerned with (a) the fact we only ever see PS4 Pro footage, and I really wonder how great it will look on a standard 1080p monitor run on my creaking PS4, and (b) the waxy kits. So much wax.

I don't wanna be cosmetic, since ultimately these things are the least important to me.

But that wax though... :SMUG:
l_397065_8ef4ccce.jpg

Maybe someone from Konami found this movie inspiring. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom