PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regen would be fine for me if they could start with a lower OVR, randomized physical attributes, stats and growth curves. I like the idea to keep licensed content over the years instead of having only poorly done generic players after some time a la fifa.

Barcelona wanting at least £76m for Messi is still terrible though. You can imagine how that will filter down to the lesser players.

I used to love the old championship manager transfer market style where certain players were indispensable to their clubs and "were not for sale for any price." You had to offer something ridiculous to even get your transfer considered. Acquiring players like Messi needs to be next to impossible because for one there is no price tag worth him and two, his personality would indicate that he would be very much reluctant to go anywhere else.

About regens,they could at least put an on/off option when you start a ML.
Is this so hard??

Actually i remember last year reading somewhere that Bhatti was saying that for the next version they probably won't remove regens because apparently some fans want them(i wonder who really wants to play with a wrinkled face 16 year old Totti or Buffon or Ibra lol??But some people also want retired legends on their ML so go figure..)but maybe they would consider to make it optional,so fingers crossed maybe we'll have an option in 19.
For me actually is not a big deal cause i play only one season or maximun two with a team.Then if i want to play with another team i start from the beggining,so i don't reach a point were regens become really annoying.
But still it will be better to have a choice to remove them completely and for people who play multiple seasons it's surely an annoying thing.Also being able to disable first summer transfer window is a must and they should introduce that too.

Also they need to fix these nonsense young generic players names who look ridiculous and put some realistic names at least to them.This goes also for any generic teams with ridiculous names.Fortunatelly we will have many new leagues,so less generic shit,and these who remain can be patched into real teams so it's ok.Well,at least for pc.
I would also want an option to be able to choose stadium in ML single cup matches so i can put the home team stadium,and not forced to play the match in a random one.It's just little options like these that they don't give us and it's so annoying.Also an option to be able to turn off the ugly ball cursor.When they already have an option to turn off manual arrow etc,why not put an on/off option for the ball cursor also??
Fortunatelly enough i'm on pc and it can be turned off with a modified file,but i'm sure there are many console users that would want to have this option also.

I agree that there should be a choice to turn regens off.

I personally prefer having them in. Like you said, the generic young players have ridiculous names and all have very bland face models. I know it does look weird having an old looking player who is 16, but even so, i'd rather have the regens in over generic looking players.

The other advantage of having regens is that signing the best older players becomes almost impossible as they retire before you can make your team good enough to afford them (if you start in Championship with QPR like i do anyway!), so it's good to get a chance to have them in your team later on and try and get their stats up to their best (maybe they should take more of a hit stat wise when they regen).

I've said it many times but I'll say it again in the hopes that Konami take notice -

Of course keep regens in for those that like them. I do know of people who love them.

But please Konami give us a youth option instead. In the ML startup menu give us the choice - Regens/fictional youth/OFF. Research the 100 most common surnames across 50 countries and you've got at least 5000 youth players to add into the game, and that's before you add a random first name initial. The faces might look a bit naff compared to real faces but personally, I couldn't give a hoot about faces.

The idea of finding the new messi would add a lot to the game, especially to a mode that is on its last legs.

Regens are fine but we have been crying out for a system where Regends have their Real Faces disabled and given a name at Random on regeneration. Its not hard to do either.

I agree that there should be a choice to turn regens off.

I personally prefer having them in. Like you said, the generic young players have ridiculous names and all have very bland face models. I know it does look weird having an old looking player who is 16, but even so, i'd rather have the regens in over generic looking players.

The other advantage of having regens is that signing the best older players becomes almost impossible as they retire before you can make your team good enough to afford them (if you start in Championship with QPR like i do anyway!), so it's good to get a chance to have them in your team later on and try and get their stats up to their best (maybe they should take more of a hit stat wise when they regen).
Yeah i understand that some people would prefer having them in for some reasons,that's why the best option surely is to have a choice to include them or not so everybody can choose according to their likings.
As i said i don't play numerous consecutive seasons so regens are not really a big problem but still i would want to have a choice to remove them completely before i start a new ML.
I personally don't like and never sign neither unrealistic regens neither young generic players with gibberish names.
They're both look equally bad and fake to me.I don't even sign real players with generic faces but only those who have real faces.Having players with generic faces in my team really annoys me and is bad for my taste.
I always look to sell them as fast as possible and replace them with real looking players.
Realistic graphics are one of the biggest things for me to enjoy in the game.
Probably that's why i haven't touched retro Pes for many years now and don't think i can play them anymore.

Slightly PES related...Can anyone tell me the benefits of buying the game via download?
Why is that better than Disc as its more expensive?
Some people argue that games you play a lot you should always go digital, since it means no spinning disc, which can cause heat and deteriorate the laser etc. I'm not sure of the hardware argument myself. Don't know for sure, but I thought that discs generally acted as payment verifications these days, and most of the code runs off the downloaded content on the console itself. But could be wrong.

Depends on the title for me.
But PES I always buy at work at release day (or a day early). After some time (when I still like the game) I sell the physical copy and replace it with a digital version when on sale. Usually the disc gets me nearly the cost of the digital version.

Yeah, one of the guys in my league does this every year: get disc version on release for around £35 normally (places like SimplyGames, in UK), then sell it when around Christmas it's £20 in the PSN sale, and make up the excess, or even profit.

Regens are fine but we have been crying out for a system where Regends have their Real Faces disabled and given a name at Random on regeneration. Its not hard to do either.
I think it was pes 2011 or 2012 was where they transferred a legend's stats to a youth player and your scout would come with a report saying "such n such reminds me of lampard". I had no problem with this system I would play for 8 seasons sometimes without being annoyed with regens

Don't know for sure, but I thought that discs generally acted as payment verifications these days, and most of the code runs off the downloaded content on the console itself. But could be wrong.

I'm fairly sure you're right.

Yeah, I don't see why it would take a decent programmer more than 3 or 4 days to implement proper randomized regens considering the game already has a player creation tool.

That's something that really annoys me about Konami as everytime they announce a new PES game they act like it's impossible for them to add these fairly simple features before they actually launch the game, even though the fans have been asking for them for years.

Proper randomized regens would add a ton more immersion to the stale ML mode and get Konami some easy goodwill from the single-player fans that they've been ignoring for years.

Yeah, I don't see why it would take a decent programmer more than 3 or 4 days to implement proper randomized regens considering the game already has a player creation tool.

That's something that really annoys me about Konami as everytime they announce a new PES game they act like it's impossible for them to add these fairly simple features before they actually launch the game, even though the fans have been asking for them for years.

Proper randomized regens would add a ton more immersion to the stale ML mode and get Konami some easy goodwill from the single-player fans that they've been ignoring for years.

-Randomized regens

-Replay Camera being stuck on the ground unlike PES 6 where you can raise it high

-Broadcast cam auto zoom disable

These features shouldn't need 5+ years to get fixed, If they do get addressed!

Last edited:
I understand the issue about regens, but it never really bugged me as I find it quite uninteresting signing youth players.
I only do that when I really need backup on a specific position and don´t have the money to get someone from the transfer market.
But all in all I find it more exciting to search on the transfermarket, get challenged to use my transfer money the best way and negotiate with clubs and players.

Youth players leave me cold.
And that´s since we lost the option to put money in there, same as in the physio therapist, coach assistant, marketing etc.
If they´d bring back that option (guess it was in PES 2011 last time), I´d probably gain more interest in youth players.

The main issue is that all the works on the faces/appearence will be done, and after 7-8 seasons you'll play with plenty of players with random weird looks...
Makes "fake" regens on a manager's typicals games doesn't impact anything, but on a footie game much more based on representative looks, it's harder to found a good compromise.

And there also could be an issue for the licenced players... Another thing, you'll play with the same 2018-19 season shirts for a virtual decade etc.

Building a whole concept and includes it on a normal football game is much more complex than you think because it's based on representation...
By just changing the names of players, regarding all those encountered issues.

Even with regens basics, having three type of faces (young/middle-aged/aged) when the players starts and evolve is really hard to introduce. No issue about the older players and how does they looks at young age, but you need imagine also what an old Mbappe could looks like lol.

There's many people asking things that you'll find "simple/because it's in another game", but sometimes you doesn't think how much it could cost to the base, and why the other game have it and why PES/FIFA doesn't have it... It's all about the basis, and complications encountered.

So, if you want a career mode football game, there's one solution: no preset face for anybody, no real shirts but sponspors instead to apply to a base color.
All will be done via an editor, even faces... For that, the editor should be upper accurate, but the results will be a bit weird.
For me, that's unthinkable from a yearly football release... It may looks the game too much indie to be sold.

To be brief: a manager game is a whole different world in terms of programming even if it's still the same sport, and you can't rely on what they purpose when it comes to career/ML mode.

In last years BETA it really felt like physicality made a difference, I myself used to use Giroud as a number 10 just because he could hold it up and allow my wing backs to get in position. However this exact same formation did not work on the demo or full release as likes of Giroud get knocked off the ball by tiny players instantly and even if you do get the pass off the likes of Greizeman and Mbappe are easily caught up with despite their speed characteristics.

I really hope the positive early signs are not wiped out by release this year.

I used to love the old championship manager transfer market style where certain players were indispensable to their clubs and "were not for sale for any price." You had to offer something ridiculous to even get your transfer considered. Acquiring players like Messi needs to be next to impossible because for one there is no price tag worth him and two, his personality would indicate that he would be very much reluctant to go anywhere else.

Back when Jon Murphy was around at Konami I sent him feedback on how to make the transfer system more realistic, each league, team prestige, player ambition, team wealth would all have a hidden value.

This way the database would know not to transfer a player of a high ambition to a league, team that doesn’t match, the wealth of a club and team prestige would determine how much over you would have have to pay, think Man City when they first got their wealth and had to overspend on fees and wages.

He was going to feed that back to the team in Japan as he liked the idea (it was more in depth on the document I sent him obviously) but then he left sadly.

The system in Fifa works better in terms of realistic fees but not realistic in terms of which teams come in for players, odd that for both games it should be simple database logic to fix.

Both Master League and Career mode have been made easier for the FUT crowd who are used to getting everything they want. How dare they bid for a player and be told hes not for sale or he dont want to move.
If little spotty johnny wants him then johnny shall have him.

Messi for example should be unattainable until he is about 35 or Barca dont offer him a new deal.

The code's already available on the internet. I also did something similar last year in college. Generating a random person. Linked about 20 First Names and 20 Last Names to different numbers. Randomized two numbers and then used the result to produce a name. Can be done in almost all languages. Don't know where the tough part is in this.

Yeah. The “I don’t see why”-phrase is used a lot here.
There are things in the game where I could use that phrase all the time. ^^
That said: I have no clue about programming such stuff but the (easy) answer to myself is always: it all depends on each other.
Can’t think of something else like if you tweak some aspects it’s gonna impact another, kind of thing. It’s a cheap answer I give to myself. ^^
Don’t know how to do describe it in English. It’s definitely not something I think because it’s an excuse for Konami. It’s just something I can image, with my poor knowledge about programming.

Both Master League and Career mode have been made easier for the FUT crowd who are used to getting everything they want. How dare they bid for a player and be told hes not for sale or he dont want to move.
If little spotty johnny wants him then johnny shall have him.

Messi for example should be unattainable until he is about 35 or Barca dont offer him a new deal.
What's the point of master league if all you need to do is buy players to win. The real challenge is when you have to make the club good enough that a player even of that level would think at least 5 times before rejecting.

The main issue is that all the works on the faces/appearence will be done, and after 7-8 seasons you'll play with plenty of players with random weird looks...
Makes "fake" regens on a manager's typicals games doesn't impact anything, but on a footie game much more based on representative looks, it's harder to found a good compromise.

And there also could be an issue for the licenced players... Another thing, you'll play with the same 2018-19 season shirts for a virtual decade etc.

Building a whole concept and includes it on a normal football game is much more complex than you think because it's based on representation...
By just changing the names of players, regarding all those encountered issues.

Even with regens basics, having three type of faces (young/middle-aged/aged) when the players starts and evolve is really hard to introduce. No issue about the older players and how does they looks at young age, but you need imagine also what an old Mbappe could looks like lol.

There's many people asking things that you'll find "simple/because it's in another game", but sometimes you doesn't think how much it could cost to the base, and why the other game have it and why PES/FIFA doesn't have it... It's all about the basis, and complications encountered.

So, if you want a career mode football game, there's one solution: no preset face for anybody, no real shirts but sponspors instead to apply to a base color.
All will be done via an editor, even faces... For that, the editor should be upper accurate, but the results will be a bit weird.
For me, that's unthinkable from a yearly football release... It may looks the game too much indie to be sold.

To be brief: a manager game is a whole different world in terms of programming even if it's still the same sport, and you can't rely on what they purpose when it comes to career/ML mode.

What you say it's all true, the regen solution isn't as easy as it may sound, but I'm sure between dynamic face aging and the current unbearable dullness there is a big, neglected middle ground. From what I've read in the latest years, all most people would be happy is to have some relevant scouting, some realistic transfers, some sponsor negotiation, maybe a board that asks you and rewards specific goals or some player morale based on how much he plays. Stuff that one way or another, used to already be in the game and got cutted away.

Nobody asked for Football Manager on Pes engine. Nobody is even particularly bothered by having to use the same kit for many seasons.

But I don't think I'm asking the impossible or that i'm particularly demanding when I say that I'd at least not want to be able to buy Dele Alli for 20 millions when I'm in second division.

The code's already available on the internet. [...] Don't know where the tough part is in this.
Nothing to do with "tough" - as you say, it's not.

To you and I it's completely obvious to add, it's hugely desirable - to the development team, it's not. The fact that we have "official" responses about regens etc. show that this stuff is being heard. BUT being heard doesn't equal "development team will do this".

I feel like there's genuine belief in Japan that a lot of people around the world really love seeing those classic players "come back" and not disappear from the game. Almost like myClub. "Cool, now I get to buy David Beckham and keep him in my ML forever!"

Maybe it's true - we're an old-school forum and we generally want the game to be more realistic. Maybe the current PES audience wants the opposite, i.e. fantasy.

But for as long as they think that describes the majority, they're not going to do any amount of extra work for the benefit of (what they see as) a few people in comparison.

The other thing is, there are a million on/off buttons they could add - I'd quite like a button to turn off all of the silly banners (CELERY, CELERY) if I don't have the time or inclination to (research and) edit them all into real banners.

I'd imagine a lot of people on this forum will read that and think "how frivolous" - and that is the exact response that I bet a lot of this stuff elicits in Japan. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think the development team see it as obviously necessary as we'd like to think - plus, programming time to add unnecessary* bells and whistles doesn't seem to exist over there.

*I use the term incredibly loosely...

EDIT: Even this request:

Research the 100 most common surnames across 50 countries
I personally don't like and never sign neither unrealistic regens neither young generic players with gibberish names

There are people on this forum who've created threads about how much they love the old gibberish ML names. I bet there are people now who love the current ones (in-fact I know there is, someone on here has replied to a 2017 or 2018 ML post I made saying he loved one of the youth team strikers by name, I'm sure of it).

It's easy to think "why don't they just do this really easy thing", but it's never because it'd be difficult - it's because they just don't think their audience want it, or CRUCIALLY, that the programming time would result in more sales.

Outside of this forum, nobody's going to boycott the game because of this stuff. So they're never going to look at it. (Well, they're advertising for new jobs looking at @Ameppe's updates, so maybe they'll start to - wouldn't that be sweet?)

Last edited:
What's the point of master league if all you need to do is buy players to win. The real challenge is when you have to make the club good enough that a player even of that level would think at least 5 times before rejecting.

My ML experience this year is basically having 15 players with no sub gk and play them every game, No cards no injuries no fatigue and then buy whoever I want.

Even changing tactics won’t matter coz it’s either a scripted match or you will win, Nothing to do with the opponent’s stats or playing style.

It’s a fundamentally broken mode IMHO

My ML experience this year is basically having 15 players with no sub gk and play them every game, No cards no injuries no fatigue and then buy whoever I want.

Even changing tactics won’t matter coz it’s either a scripted match or you will win, Nothing to do with the opponent’s stats or playing style.

It’s a fundamentally broken mode IMHO

Unfortunately I have to agree with you... Konami are fucking ML over the years! My hope is with this new fatigue system we have to control players minutes in the season.

What you say it's all true, the regen solution isn't as easy as it may sound, but I'm sure between dynamic face aging and the current unbearable dullness there is a big, neglected middle ground. From what I've read in the latest years, all most people would be happy is to have some relevant scouting, some realistic transfers, some sponsor negotiation, maybe a board that asks you and rewards specific goals or some player morale based on how much he plays. Stuff that one way or another, used to already be in the game and got cutted away.

Nobody asked for Football Manager on Pes engine. Nobody is even particularly bothered by having to use the same kit for many seasons.

But I don't think I'm asking the impossible or that i'm particularly demanding when I say that I'd at least not want to be able to buy Dele Alli for 20 millions when I'm in second division.

I didn't say anything about the transfers of negociations system, but only about regens and how complicated it could be.
I only pointed out the difficulty to reproduce a realistic career mode on a classic football game, and yes you're right about at least having an approximatively accurate transfers system, values, players developpement and club management.
That's all they could really focus on, and that's what i expect from the next title. But asking whatever else is a far too complicated, regarding long period ML (like regens, dynamic face aging, etc.).

Even the fake renamming but "accurate" from country could cause some issues due to licencing too : some names can't appears in the game, that could be misinterpreted... That's what happen in fake leagues like PLA/PEU etc.
Naming a fake player on PEU league F. Fernandez with a mexican nationality, even totally different in terms of
appeareance of a supposed players from Liga MX, may cause issues. So the fake regens names too, if they put a list of players names.

Konami have always been restricted by the other company from every misstep they've done, but also new rules regarding licencing on every country so they're more precautionnious than ever.
It's a really sad era for us, players, more and more restrictions, rules, to makes money. Since the videos games are selling more than movies and music together... Or whatever entertainement product.

But it's like that, that's the evolution, we need to accept it. Instead of complaining the best way is to find solutions to counter all that shit.

Nothing to do with "tough" - as you say, it's not.

To you and I it's completely obvious to add, it's hugely desirable - to the development team, it's not. The fact that we have "official" responses about regens etc. show that this stuff is being heard. BUT being heard doesn't equal "development team will do this".

I feel like there's genuine belief in Japan that a lot of people around the world really love seeing those classic players "come back" and not disappear from the game. Almost like myClub. "Cool, now I get to buy David Beckham and keep him in my ML forever!"

Maybe it's true - we're an old-school forum and we generally want the game to be more realistic. Maybe the current PES audience wants the opposite, i.e. fantasy.

But for as long as they think that describes the majority, they're not going to do any amount of extra work for the benefit of (what they see as) a few people in comparison.

The other thing is, there are a million on/off buttons they could add - I'd quite like a button to turn off all of the silly banners (CELERY, CELERY) if I don't have the time or inclination to (research and) edit them all into real banners.

I'd imagine a lot of people on this forum will read that and think "how frivolous" - and that is the exact response that I bet a lot of this stuff elicits in Japan. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think the development team see it as obviously necessary as we'd like to think - plus, programming time to add unnecessary* bells and whistles doesn't seem to exist over there.

*I use the term incredibly loosely...

EDIT: Even this request:

There are people on this forum who've created threads about how much they love the old gibberish ML names. I bet there are people now who love the current ones (in-fact I know there is, someone on here has replied to a 2017 or 2018 ML post I made saying he loved one of the youth team strikers by name, I'm sure of it).

It's easy to think "why don't they just do this really easy thing", but it's never because it'd be difficult - it's because they just don't think their audience want it, or CRUCIALLY, that the programming time would result in more sales.

Outside of this forum, nobody's going to boycott the game because of this stuff. So they're never going to look at it. (Well, they're advertising for new jobs looking at @Ameppe's updates, so maybe they'll start to - wouldn't that be sweet?)
I think about that a lot. Adam and Asim can do all they want but in the end it's the people higher up in Tokyo who have the final say. Who knows maybe this gameplay is liked in Japan. After all there primary focus should be the Japanese market. No point in blaming those PR guys for issues.
It's funny that I want exactly opposite of what Konami thinks the current generation wants, but I don't represent the entire generation.

Does anyone know when the next public testing will be? Is there another event where fans can go and test it and give impressions, maybe from offline players?
Or do we have to wait for the announcement of the demo announcement (that... sounds.. ridiculous) event.
Also, is Arsenal no longer licensed?

Does anyone know when the next public testing will be? Is there another event where fans can go and test it and give impressions, maybe from offline players?
Or do we have to wait for the announcement of the demo announcement (that... sounds.. ridiculous) event.
Also, is Arsenal no longer licensed?
No news about play tests in the States but there's gonna be one in Italy on July 17th. No idea of anything before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom