Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread

rockykabir said:
seriously....who actually plays wrestling games nowadays anyway?! :(
I do :)

EDIT: I guess other people do too.

p.s. thanks TG for the clips.

Last edited:

I play on them and laugh at them! its so funnily fake its untrue! my mate is big time into wrestling and I take the piss out of him.

DJ

I'm losing all hope in humanity ;)

Seriously...the controls are cack and unresponsive, it's bloody slow and scripted, button bashing just leads to victories and the characters are awful.

The earlier WWF titles used to be fun but that was coz:

1. I was only 8 years old
2. Characters were a lot more interesting (i.e Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior)

:mrgreen:

I think Wrestling as a whole has gone downhill from what my mate tells me, anyway back on track PS3 looking good so far, how much do you think it will cost? around £400-500? if it is then I cant buy 1 :( too expensive for my liking.

DJ

Wrestling games havent gone downhill, Wrestling itself has. The games have been improving greatly every year but cuz Wrestling is boring, you naturally find the game boring.

What will be so annoying is if those damn retailers will only sell the PS3 in those "value" packages.

When the 360 came out, what online/high street retailer sold it on its own? Also, when was the 360 released again?

I think it might be camping season soon :(

Xbox 360 was released 22nd November 2005 in USA

and 2nd December 2005 here in the UK mate.

DJ

PS3 PRICE REVEALED?

This is taken from NGG.

It was translated by someone.

Hier soir. S'exprimant sur la nouvelle console de Sony sur la radio Europe 1 via l'émission Génération Europe 1 hier soir vers 23 heures, George Fornay - le président de Sony Computer Entertainment France et vice président de Sony Computer Entertainment Europe - a confirmé que la PS3 sera disponible dans la fouchette des 500 euros, entre 499 euros et 599 euros donc, précisant qu'elle sera chère pour une console de jeux vidéo mais extrèmement bon marché pour une plateforme haute définition lisant des films au format Blu Ray.

Although the release date for the Playstation 3 was officially announced to be November, its price remained a mystery. Until last night that is. Discussing the new Sony console on Radio channel Europe 1 last night at 11:00 PM, George Fornay, the president of Sony Computer Entertainment France and Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, confirmed that the PS3 will sell in the 500 Euro range, that is - between 499 Euros and 599 Euros. He mentioned that it will be expensive for a video game console but emphasized that its an extremely reasonable price for a high definition console that can also play Blu Ray movies.

Par ailleurs, il a confirmé la sortie mondiale de sa console pour le mois de Novembre en France, même si cette sortie mondiale reste un challenge pour la firme japonaise qui se sent capable de le relever. Enfin, M. Fornay a rappelé que le retard de la PlayStation 3 était dû aux ajustements sur le système de protection du Blu-Ray mais que c'était une bonne chose pour la préparation du lancement, prenant le retard de la PSP comme exemple.

He also confirmed that France will get the console on the worldwide release date, even if this worldwide release poses a challenge for the Japanese firm which believes it can pull it off. M. Fornay recalled how the delay of the PS3 was due to finalizing the copy protection format of Blu Ray, but that this was a good thing in the grand scheme of things for the preparation of the console's release, much like it was for the PSP delay.

Bref, nous ne saurons que trop vous conseiller de mettre 700 euros de côté pour la fin de l'année, afin d'être certain d'avoir votre PlayStation 3 et au moins un jeu sous le sapin de Noël. Effectivement, la haute technologie n'est pas donnée !

So, we would advise you to save up 700 Euros for the end of the year, so that you can be certain to get your Playstation 3 and at least one game under your Christmas tree. Truly, high technology is not cheap!

700 Euros = around £490

599 Euros = around £420

This all but confirms that the PS3 will probably not retail for less than £400 in the UK

Last edited:

Suddenly im not interested in the PS3 one bit!! Fuck that who is going to pay near enough £500!!

No Way!!

DJ

£490 is a crazy amount of money when you consider that doesn't include any games. And who knows how much they will be on Blu-Ray, £50+. No way am I going to consider a PS3 at that price. Especially given the GDC demos were nothing to write home about.

Now is a good time as ever to buy an Xbox 360 :) You cant go wrong :)

DJ

LemonJelly said:
£490 is a crazy amount of money when you consider that doesn't include any games. And who knows how much they will be on Blu-Ray, £50+. No way am I going to consider a PS3 at that price. Especially given the GDC demos were nothing to write home about.

The article says it's 700 Euros (£490) to get a PS3 with at least one game (presuming each game costs 100 Euros if the console costs 600 Euros - which I find very hard to believe to be honest).

I'll hate to see the prices of them when they come out on Ebay. The stores really should have a one console per customer buying policy :(

APX said:
i hope Yukes and THQ make new MMA game for PS3 it would be amazing

So do I, hopefully on the 360, the sooner the better. Every previous games released have been decent but they couldve been better

The thing is in the USA original the 360 was gonna cost $300 which should have translated to about £150 for the core version.... we all know what happened next it cost £59 more than that translation! does that mean the PS3 could cost £540 +?

DJ

this is a load of bollocks.

The machine wont retail for anything over £350.

Our directors were briefed by Sony that the machine would be priced realisticly in a recent retail conference. The price I actually got told was 329.99, so expect it to be around that.

I reckon its best to wait before you think about getting a 360 btw. If you are waiting to see how the ps3 performs, you should hold out untill its released as microsfot are planning a price drop a month before.

Adonis said:
this is a load of bollocks.

The machine wont retail for anything over £350.

Our directors were briefed by Sony that the machine would be priced realisticly in a recent retail conference. The price I actually got told was 329.99, so expect it to be around that.

I reckon its best to wait before you think about getting a 360 btw. If you are waiting to see how the ps3 performs, you should hold out untill its released as microsfot are planning a price drop a month before.

Ok fair enough. So if that is the case, why aren't Sony pricing the stand alone Blu Ray player "realisticly", it will be launched in the US at $1000! Why isn't that going to be a more realistic $300! I can't believe at the cost of Blu Ray, the Cell, the RSX that it is going to be $700 cheaper than a bog standard Blu Ray machine.

LemonJelly said:
Ok fair enough. So if that is the case, why aren't Sony pricing the stand alone Blu Ray player "realisticly", it will be launched in the US at $1000! Why isn't that going to be a more realistic $300! I can't believe at the cost of Blu Ray, the Cell, the RSX that it is going to be $700 cheaper than a bog standard Blu Ray machine.

fair point, but didnt the dvd player come out at a stupid price also?

I think its just the way it is when new technology is released.

A fair point there mate...

However, Sony is not only relying on the PS3 to sell games but to also push the Bluray format which will be a huge source of revenue for them in the long term (this is what this whole HD-DVD Vs BluRay is all about).

Analysts are saying that it is the likelihood that there will be more Bluray movies than games itself.

Effectively, Sony is probably willing to have a greater loss (than usual) to push both the PS3 games and Bluray.

In fact, I will say that there is no reason for the PS3 to have Bluray for purely gaming purposes.

WTF 700 EUROS?? Thats more than a 23 inch samsung HDTV!!!!!!!! If the PS3 turns out to be 700 euros im not buying it.

I hope its bullshit. Im expecting nothing more than 400-500.

rockykabir said:
Effectively, Sony is probably willing to have a greater loss (than usual) to push both the PS3 games and Bluray.

I agree with that but it makes no sense from a business point of view. If the push for Blu Ray is so big for Sony then why not have a well priced Blu Ray player, the manufacturing loss on 1 Blu Ray unit will be far lower than the loss on one PS3.

E3 will be when the pricing is announced (I imagine), so I guess we will need to wait until then for confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom