Sony PlayStation 3

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread "Worldwide Launch November 2006"

lol, I do have my doubts about them PS3 shots but as I said before part of me hopes they are geniune.

DJ

NickSCFC said:
This coming from the person who said PSP wouldn't be able to do PES in 3D!

Nick, I believe Jumbo was stating that he (being the xbox owner) was in denial that it could be in-game.

I said 3D PES wasn't possible on the PSP?

If I did (?), that was pretty stupid when in fact most of the PSP games are 3d. Im pretty sure I never said that.

hmmm interesting..... Anyways that F1 games graphics look reasonable. Im impressed with that and im a fan of the Getaway series so im hoping they are real in game shots and not just the screen tests they made.

DJ

jumbo said:
I said 3D PES wasn't possible on the PSP?

If I did (?), that was pretty stupid when in fact most of the PSP games are 3d. Im pretty sure I never said that.

Just incase anyone was planning on verifying whether the above is true, please don't! It is in the past, water under the bridge and all that - lets just move on.

Crysis

00156e.jpg

00287564.jpg

00287561.jpg

00287562.jpg

djdavedoc said:
Nope they are tech demos. Was anyone around when they released PS2 tech demos back in 2000? wow! everyone thought.... did we actually see that sorta quality? Nope!

DJ
Yes I was around and unlike you I actually remember the demos. So I will leave you with this post I made 10-15 pages back. http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=623866&postcount=679

As you can see, the PS2 tech demos were reached because if you remember them, they didnt look that good. But what was never reached was that xbox raven demo. Ironic isnt it?

Wow, people really make a big fuss about the tech demos.

You never see anyone mention MICROSOFT promising TOY STORY and failing to deliver.. so why start with this now?

What they showed at GDC was in-game footage.

The Crysis grabs are from the PC game TG, though I would expect those graphics in a couple of years time on the PS3

Those Crysis screens are not from the PS3, the game is PC only at the moment. The engine is rumoured to be used for next gen games but no platform specifics were mentioned. I don't mind those screens being posted but please be clear about the platform they were taken from when posting.

As LemonJelly has said above, the game has not been announced on any other platform for now, thus you cant say certain screens are PS3/XB360.

Also if thats just a player, then how much is the ps3 gonna cost!!?

Hope they work something out......

apparently they have deals with the other blu-ray makers to pick up some of the ps3 costs to make bluray the nr1 high def dvd standard. Sounds reasonable as the ps3 will be the main bluray seller this year.

wow, those screens look v interesting! The graphics look very nice :)

However, I could see why the Music store is there...but I don't think it'll be a popular feature. As it'll be DRM'd, the music will (likely) only work on Sony MP3 players and not on the more popular iPods. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another rootkit fiasco with the PS3 if it allows PC connectivity.

I think the music store will also have the shit sony format... the one they use for their MP3s.

It is scary how much pressure Sony is placing on the PS3 to save their company...Industrialists are saying that the Bluray was only added so that the format will be given an added boost over HD-DVD and the music+video store are there to help Sony's frailing status in the portable music/video player sector.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony announce that the PS3 can only work with Sony TVs ;)

rockykabir said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony announce that the PS3 can only work with Sony TVs ;)
:shock: Ok. Stop scaring me. ;)

Milanista said:
I think the music store will also have the shit sony format... the one they use for their MP3s.

I don't think the PS3 is 100% compatible with iPod

ThomasGOAL said:
I don't think the PS3 is 100% compatible with iPod
Great! Seeing as most people have Ipods!

DJ

Sony MP3 players use ATRAC, which is really shit. Sonic Stage on PC basically converts your mp3s into ATRAC before it gets onto the MP3 player.

I think the newer players use MP3 now....but I think it is most likely that the music will be DRM'd for use only on Sony MP3s.

Welcome to the Corporate World guys! - where the industry give f*** all to their customers ;)

Mmmm... I really hope PS3 is thoe goods, with Xvid, h.264, .ts support but I doubt it. As they say you can run Linux on it, this means maybe homebrew media players?

Also Sony are trying to copy Windows MCE/360 thing there, the music thing looks cool even though I won't be buying but the Joe Bloggs would.

Milanista said:
Sony MP3 players use ATRAC, which is really shit. Sonic Stage on PC basically converts your mp3s into ATRAC before it gets onto the MP3 player.
ATRAC sucks. And its such a bitch to fiddle around with for PSP apps and stuff.

That music store is obviously just to buy extra songs for Singstar, it's even called Sing Store.

jogi, you dont know that for sure, it might actually be a general purpose thing and you can buy/download soundtracks to your PS3's hard drive. If that was the case it would be cool so long as the tracks dont cost too much money and if they were transferable to your PC or IPOD etc....

DJ

Back
Top Bottom