The General PC Questions Thread

After I updated the drivers of 9600GT, PES does not cover the full screen in 1280 X 720(not windowed mode) , it is somewhat compressed from left and right. My monitor is Samsung p2350 - 23". The only resolution i can play in full screen is 1920 X 1080. But for this resolution i need to lower the graphics.

Any solution for this? I want the game to run @ 720p which should cover full screen completely.

I tried all the modes -16:9, 4:3, LB on/off,etc
but its not working.

look in the control panel or adaptor settings for your graphics card

must be a setting in there, something like overscan

have a tinker

edit: i have an ati so not sure how accurate this is but you could try

3d settings
display
performance
system stability
video & television
-adjust video color settings
-change trhe signal or hd format
-resize hdtv desktop
on this page there is a button that lets you resize the desktop.

Last edited:
I need help here guys as this is pissing me right off, here a run down of what's going off

Itunes wouldn't backup my iphone and the solution from Apple was to delete the backup files from the itunes directory. I went into the folder and it wouldn't me delete it because they were in use

So i tried cut and pasting it to somewhere else which did work and sorted out my Itunes problem but now the file is on my desktop and i still can't get rid of the fucking thing

I have tried "unlocker" and "handle" and both say the file is not being used by anything even though windows does when i try and delete it and i have tried deleting in safe mode and that also says its in use

EDIT: I have just dragged it to another hdd and now i have 4 of them that i cant get rid of!!!!!!

Oh and its a weird name as well .dat0a34.bca

Last edited:
Coopz said:
I need help here guys as this is pissing me right off, here a run down of what's going off

Itunes wouldn't backup my iphone and the solution from Apple was to delete the backup files from the itunes directory. I went into the folder and it wouldn't me delete it because they were in use

So i tried cut and pasting it to somewhere else which did work and sorted out my Itunes problem but now the file is on my desktop and i still can't get rid of the fucking thing

I have tried "unlocker" and "handle" and both say the file is not being used by anything even though windows does when i try and delete it and i have tried deleting in safe mode and that also says its in use

EDIT: I have just dragged it to another hdd and now i have 4 of them that i cant get rid of!!!!!!

Oh and its a weird name as well .dat0a34.bca
Stop using iTunes and use simple drag and drop on you pc

All i want to do it get rid of these files

Also Rocketdock decided to stop working today, it shows up in taskmanager but it wont show on the screen at all

Or, as an ultimate attempt, boot from a Live USB or a Live CD (like the one of Ubuntu), mount the partition you have the files in and try deleting them from there.

Finally they are gone!!! :)

Booting into safe mode and using the command prompt still said the file was in use but booting to Ubuntu and mounting the drives worked like a charm

Thanks guys :TU:

you need to look out for IDE and SATA

you can get away with IDE to SATA adaptor if needs be

depends how old your computer is, if you are talking more than 5 years old then it is most likely to be an ide connection and ide hard drives are expensive and hard to get now

open up your computer and look to see which you have
ide.jpg

or

sata2.jpg

Yea does your mobo have SATA connectors? if so get a sata 3.5inch hdd. if not then you most likely have a PATA/IDE hdd. get a PATA/IDE hdd instead

How Hard do you want the drive?

I have had mine for a while now and wanted to test it out, so I did the kickboxer test.

I went to a bar in a rough part of town got my Harddrive drunk and then told the locals that my harddrive did stuff to their mothers.

I was quite amazed he wiped the floor with all 5 of them....I have a Hard drive!

Thanks for the info, Im sure I currently have a 160GB SATA drive and a IDE 250GB inside at the moment, its been a few years since I checked though!

BobbyBox Id prefer my hard drive to be as soft as possible so I cant beat it up if it ever gets lippy

Right i need want to make my PC quieter so i am replacing the 2 fans (CPU and Case)

Does anyone have any recommendations on some cheapish ones the are quiet?

How Hard do you want the drive?

I have had mine for a while now and wanted to test it out, so I did the kickboxer test.

I went to a bar in a rough part of town got my Harddrive drunk and then told the locals that my harddrive did stuff to their mothers.

I was quite amazed he wiped the floor with all 5 of them....I have a Hard drive!

I love your logic Bobby..

:WORSHIP:

:LOL:

get this one http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/80mmfans/nf-r8.

air flow is pants on the one you selected. Nocta are top of the range fans mate that has the best balance between sound and performance

Just checked and the airflow on the one you said and its only 23cfm with 10dba on quiet mode, compared to 19cfm and 9.5dba on the one i said

I got the Nocta one anyway because its still better :)

£21 spent for a quiet PC, i bet after i install these something else crops up that's fucking noisy like the HDD's

I aint forking any more out just yet :)

Also what temp should i set my mobo's "quiet fan" temperature to?

Just been inside my computer

you need to look out for IDE and SATA

you can get away with IDE to SATA adaptor if needs be

depends how old your computer is, if you are talking more than 5 years old then it is most likely to be an ide connection and ide hard drives are expensive and hard to get now

open up your computer and look to see which you have

Yea does your mobo have SATA connectors? if so get a sata 3.5inch hdd. if not then you most likely have a PATA/IDE hdd. get a PATA/IDE hdd instead

I have a HD (main C drive) which is a SATA and another which is a IDE. It appeared there were no more cables for another SATA HD to be plugged in though.

yea whats the size of it?

and the fan looked to be a 80mm, wasnt quite sure didnt have a ruler at the time!

Back
Top Bottom