The General PC Questions Thread

What do you think to these?

Arctic Cooling Freezer 13

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Xigmatek HDT-S1283

They are what i have narrowed it down to by looking at reviews and checking the airflow and how quiet they are as well

Hi all,

Any Outlook users???

I can send and recieve emails on my laptop at work, and at my girlfriends house in leeds.

whenever i try to send an email at home in skem though, it just stays in the outbox and wont send, no matter how many times i press send/recieve...can anyone help?

UPDATE: 421 Cant connect to SMT error showing now - and ive googled all sorts tried unblocking ports and stuff, even on phone to o2 for about an hour to a guy who knew his stuff, it's coz they block port 25, but he couldnt find a way round it so is escalating the problem

anyone had a similar issue??

Last edited:
What do you think about GTS 450 (1gb DDR5)
I want to buy it.
This is my config now:

2Gb Ram
Nvidia GeForce 8500gt
AMD Athlon Dual Core 4000+ 2.09Ghz
Motherboard:Msi k9 neo V2/v3

Also want to upgrade new processor and power.

Can anyone recommend me a decent computer? Doesn't need to be amazingly good, but want to be able to play PES and have it run perfectly.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace a faulty wireless receiver inside a laptop?

Can anyone recommend me a decent computer? Doesn't need to be amazingly good, but want to be able to play PES and have it run perfectly.

I bought mine from Chillblast.
They make some high performance machines at relatively low cost.

Looking for a really cheap gfx card, doesn't need to play Crysis or anything but PES etc would be ideal. Will be looking on eBay, cheap as chips please!

Thinking off upgrading my graphics card. This is my specs currently.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz x 4 (2.66Ghz)
3.3 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Any suggestions?

Thanks. I don't really have a budget, I'm just looking around at some better ones since this is 2-3 years old (The graphics card), and I suspect its that which is not making FIFA 11 Run great (Lags).

Oh, and thanks for those, I'll check them out.

Thanks again. Just been to PC world looking around, was some decient ones but not much, Did get some advice though from the "Techguys" section. I'll have to check what type my motherboard supports, hopefully its both.

LOL please dont bloody listen to them tech guys! you have more knowledge then them!

Also why the hell did you go into pc world :LMAO:

Dont listen to them people there. they are clueless mate.

What advice did they give u?

The only adive they gave me was check my motherboard to see if the graphics card can fit into it as there are two types (forgot what they where called).

LOL they are fucking clueless mate, any card will fit on your mobo as every single mobo that uses your CPU has PCI-E. AGP has been dead for years.

The only thing you need to check is your psu and your pc case to see if the card can fit inside it.

Laptop battery won't go past 59% (Says plugged in and charging)

Have tried the basics given to me from Acer to try and restore it...any ideas folks?

Battery is knackered, happens all the time with laptop batteries. Time for a new battery.

Get in touch with Acer and say you want it replacing under their 12-month guarantee, they'll just send out a new one then.

I had a problem with a Dell PSU, called Dell and they replaced it as it was under 12 months.

Get in touch with Acer and say you want it replacing under their 12-month guarantee, they'll just send out a new one then.

I had a problem with a Dell PSU, called Dell and they replaced it as it was under 12 months.

Have tried, they just fixed something already within 12 months but they say the battery only has a 6 month warranty...still trying now though as they arranged it a few weeks back within 6 months.

My acer batery went dead too and i bought a new one. died within a month again and got it replace TWICE and still died on me.

i gave up and said to myself i will never buy a acer laptop anymore. no wonder why their cheap

Back
Top Bottom