The General PC Questions Thread

hi all

I got a problem with my HD4850 graphic card. Textures are flickering in games.
Here's some info:
I tried older and newer drivers - no success
I got a overclocked CPU, so I switched it to default - no success
tried the card on a clean and fresh system - no success
temperatues are normal
I clean it regulary from dust

What could it be ?
Warranty is long over so nothing I can do with it really

Any advice ?

dont close your eyes when you play the video

seriously though, as youtube vids are flash based then why don't you go and check out the adobe site to see if you have trouble playing flash, update it and try again or uninstall/install latest version

try again

Last edited:
Tried all that. It was a problem with Youtube re-directing things. Changing the link from https to http made it work.

Few other people had the same problem too.

Iam wanting about a 30m Ethernet cable, any ideas on cheap place online anyone?

Needed to plug into an upstairs router to travel down into my Sky box to get the best of this Anytime+ lark

I need a little help

I connected my PC to my monitor and TV so i could duplicate the display and it was working fine

Recently its stopped working for no reason at all and its not picking up the TV over DVI

Anyone know what i can try to sort it out?

Last edited:
Have you tried turning it off and on again? Is it plugged in? Is it definitely plugged in? No, seriously.

What about other cables? Did you try another DVI cable? Did you try a VGA cable to see if it's a problem with your graphics card?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Is it plugged in? Is it definitely plugged in? No, seriously.

What about other cables? Did you try another DVI cable? Did you try a VGA cable to see if it's a problem with your graphics card?

Tried it in and out with the TV off and on and switching the PC off before hand and still no joy

Haven't got any other DVI cables to test but i just ordered a Female DVI to Male VGA adaptor to see if it works in the VGA port

Which version of Windows?
Have you tried graphic card properties\detect displays?

Windows 7

Its used to make a noise after i switched the TV on to says it was connected but now i get nothing

Clicking detect also finds nothing

Ill give that a go later on today

My adaptor came but the plan i had hasn't worked

Looking into getting a new PC, completly lost track of what to look for in the specs now. Mainly used for browsing, music, films etc. Looking at about £300 mark, any suggestions?

Cheers

Quick advice:

My Mum has a 10 year old PC which keeps powering off, I suspect it's the PSU. You hear a crackling sort of noise then it dies. Just wondering if that's economically worth replacing nowadays? If it's even still possible to replace it.

just check the power lead (kettle lead) is firmly plugged into the psu as this could cause that problem

i wouldn't bother messing with something 10 years old i would just bin it unless you have an old suitable psu lying around

Prob is the psu, or if your using extensions try plugging directly into wall to rule that out

If it is the psu then stop using it as it could be a fire risk

I also bypassed the extension an plugged directly into the wall! Spooky lol. Thanks for the advice :TU:.

I need a new graphics card. Games are running too slow on my laptop. Games I am trying to play: NBA 2k11/12, PES 2012 and FIFA 12. Can someone tell me where I need to upgrade.

Here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon II X2 Processor
ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics
1408 MB Hypermemory
3 GB RAM
320 GB HDD

Back
Top Bottom