The General PC Questions Thread

Hi guys, just after some opinions / help. My Mum wants to buy a new laptop, all she will use it for is surfing the internet and using Microsoft Office.

Any suggestions?

Hi guys, just after some opinions / help. My Mum wants to buy a new laptop, all she will use it for is surfing the internet and using Microsoft Office.

Any suggestions?

TBH, if that is all she wants to use it for then you could but any laptop and it will do the job she wants.

But personally I would make sure it is an i3 minimum, just because I hate the performance of Celerons and the Pentium D's

TBH, if that is all she wants to use it for then you could but any laptop and it will do the job she wants.

But personally I would make sure it is an i3 minimum, just because I hate the performance of Celerons and the Pentium D's
Agree 100% Anyone who asks me for advice on Laptops I usually tell them to buy one with an Intel Core i processor, 4GB of RAM is the minimum I would say and usually I tell them to pick up a copy of Windows 7 so I can Downgrade them as they will HATE Windows 8.

Actually ignore my previous statement...

Amiga Workbench is best!!

Amiga+Workbench+1.3+_1.png

Hi guys I need some help I'm a new b! My friend tryed upgrading my gpu it was a hd radeon 6700 to a gtx for a Msi n456 and it blew up my 750w psu that I then found out was on a budget alpine 30 pound one? Well I'm looking to buy a new one ive read corsair or ventec are really good so what watt one would I need to run a
evga gtx480 1.5gb gddr5 this is the card I'm looking at buyin 4 100 pound?
I have about 60 for the psu please help?

Thanks

A branded 500/600 will be plenty power for that graphics card, you only really need 750+ for SLI configurations.

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?subcat=2590&cat=149

Take a look at some of these. no need to go overboard on a PSU Unless you are buying a beast of a PC.

I wouldnt touch a GTX 480 now, even at that price, put another £45 to it and you can get a GTX 660.

Performance wise they are close to a GTX 580

http://www.dabs.com/products/pny-geforce-gtx-660-2gb-pci-express-3-0-hdmi-89LP.html?q=GTX 660&src=16

Last edited:
guys I have a question , actually its a internet question ...

why I cant watch live streaming ? it frez every second , example I watch a flash streaming or veetle one with 250-500kb/s and it work so bad ... but when I watch on SopCast even on 3000kb/s works fine and its never freezing , so what can be problem ? tried google chrome and firefox still same result !

hi im using win7pro but it looks very blury that prob wasn`t at xp any one knows about it?

Downloaded via Windows update or directly from the manufacturer? Have you tried googling for your graphics card and the specific problem? Set the correct resolution/refresh rate to match your monitor?

Hi guys, hope someone can help.

It appears my dads PC has been hacked or has a virus. The PC (or someone else) is typing without me doing anything. It's also making some kind of blub sound. Have been looking online but without success, any help?

Download malwarebytes on a different computer, try and get latest updates too.

Disconnect Internet on hacked. PC.

Then install it and run a scan, see if it finds some hack tools

Maybe someone can help with this, I can't access Twitter on my PC these days, I can access all other websites, I can do a tracert and ping to twitter.com just fine, I've flushed my dns etc. but still can't access twitter unless I'm using a VPN/proxy, thoughts? :)

Edit: I was using OpenDNS I removed that and it didn't help :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom