The Master League adventures thread

The first youth squad is fixed, whatever team you pick. You can find them in edit mode. There are three teams, EUROPE, ASIA, SOUTH AMERICA newcomers. From the first January your youth team join some regens of the ML defaults of others continents IE if you are in Europe, i your youth academy join some very bad player from ML default teams of AMERICA-ASIA.
Those 'teams' aren't real teams unfortunately. They're weird and don't show up in the normal playerassignment.BIN hence why I have minor issues (which I'm hoping January solves) with over-aged youth players :(

Those 'teams' aren't real teams unfortunately. They're weird and don't show up in the normal playerassignment.BIN hence why I have minor issues (which I'm hoping January solves) with over-aged youth players :(
Yes but you can fix them inside game from edit mode.

Helo, guys. I took Lobato player transfers in winter in free agents. He is 16 years old and has a rating of 75, the price of 40 million euros. Has anyone played with this player? I think this is the strongest 16-year-old player.

I had him in a Master League a couple of years ago and he turned into a really great player for me

Hello pes fans, long time pes player, been thinking about documenting my Become a Legend saga, I haven't really touched become a legend in a few years so I figured documenting it in a series would help me get back into it as a mode from the vertical perspective (to mimic a bit of the blindness that a player can have).. After a couple of false starts to do with editing and corrupted save files, I've finally got the ball rolling.. Altho I've been stalking this site for many years I haven't posted much so i'm not certain on certain things but i'll do it consistently as i'm enjoying the rhythm of playing and editing and hopefully learn more as I go along. check uz out and show some love..

After one year under the Icelandic manager known as The Ponk, Parma have now switched to the Brazilian legend Roberto Carlos, who has now managed the Italian side for two and a half seasons. The circumstances of this change have been somewhat shrouded in mystery, in our interview with Roberto, we asked if he could tell us more.

Nobody knows, but he certainly wasn't fired. He just kind of vanished off the face of the Earth. If he died in a ditch somewhere that huge purple mohawk would surely have led people to the body. So hopefully he is just having a nice beer somewhere. Obviously Parma needed to get someone else, so here I am.

View attachment 22939
The Ponk is missing, presumed dead. Roberto Carlos seems to believe he might be still with us. Send prayers.

The first season was a bit rough.

Yeah don't sugarcoat it. We only ended up one place shy of the 11th spot we were aiming at, but the first half especially was a disaster. My man Gervinho couldn't score, there were a lot of 0-0 draws that season. The board made sure they were watching me like hawks after that.

View attachment 22941
A look into the rough first season for Roberto Carlos and Parma.

They needn't have worried.

The second season was a different animal. Dropping out of the cup almost instantly, we could focus our energies at the league. Top spot was never really viable but second place hung in the balance for a while. third place the eventual outcome, a place in the Champions League was what I was really after. The owners were so ecstatic they gave me enough money to go out for a coffee. Barely.

View attachment 22942
The original team, before Roberto got his mad hands on it.

Before going into the CL, there have been a lot of changes to the team. Talk us through some of them.

I could give you a run down of some of my best men. Starting at the back, there is the goal keeper Sepe. A solid keeper, and my first choice whenever possible. The rest of the keepers are gone but I now have Hannes Halldórsson from Iceland as my second keeper. He's no Sepe, but he does the business.

In the back we have Mr. Parma himself, Bruno Alves. What a damn legend this mofo is. Teams keep trying to buy him for change, they could add a zero or even two to what they are offering but I would tell them to eat shit every time. He is up there in the age department, but nobody seems to have told him that. Wicked free-kick taker as well. The rest of the defense has been changed around a lot, I don't really need to get into that. Pezzella is still there at left back though, really solid. I am going to be using that word alot, this is a solid team after all.

Next up we have the Defensive midfield, where you had your first real argument with the owners, after the good times started.

Yeah that is really recent. I had Brugman since the start, and added Hallfreðsson at the middle of the first season. Frankly, the Icelander has left me astounded at just how good he is. I used him whenever I could, leaving Brugman on the bench. Old Brugs was fine but never really added any x-factor. When I sold him in the last window, the owners went into full meltdown, just because I sold him a bit under the market value. But with the people here being completely useless and only able to do one thing at a time during the last transfer day, I had to free up funds right away for my replacement, Thiago Maia. And what happened? The players were calling Maia The Leader after two bloody games. TWO GAMES! The owners can suck it. Hope they won't read this.

Further up the midfield, we have interesting additions.

Yeah. With limited funds, I have had to call in some... senior players. Before I go into them I'd like to talk about the one player who would maybe be a bit offended that someone else got the Mr. Parma nickname from me, Gervinho. He had a rough start like I said, but once he started scoring the floodgates opened up all the way. if he is fit for the forward left wing position, he is in there, first choice. On the right side of the pitch, my most dynamic duo so to speak, and original players as well, are Sprocati and Karamoh. Sprocati has a surprising amount of goals in him, and Karamoh has brilliant speed to beat defenders for a cross.
Back into the old folks home, we have Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery, the latter being on loan. I can use them almost anywhere, and I often replace one with the other as they tire faster than many others. Hulk is there as well. He is not that old, but no spring chicken either. I admit I haven't really found the perfect spot for him though, he has played almost all positions at the top half of the pitch.

Then there are the forwards. Many were surprised when you got rid of Cornelius and later Inglese.

Cornelius was a good player, I sold him to get Alfreð Finnbogason. He did alright with Inglese, but then I sold Inglese to get Dzeko in. That was the future plan, Dzeko and Finnbogason at the front.

Both considerably older than the players they replaced.

Yeah but we are currently at the top in Serie A so shut your mouth, alright? These old geezers are doing something right.

Your future plan still didn't work.

Don't remind me. I'm still seeing a shrink over how Finnbogason f**ked me. he came in midseason and at the end of the next season he announced he was retiring. Retiring at 32! Is the man mentally stable? Unlikely. I threw all my trust at him just to get fucked like that. I like my Icelandic players but f**k that guy.

So you went back to get more old guys.

Yeah Quagliarella and Yilmaz came in. Both, again, solid but I tend to pick old Quags when Dzeko isn't fit. And he does fine.

View attachment 22943
The current team, going into the Liverpool game.

Like you already said, Parma is now at the top of the league, 2 points ahead of Juve, having just thrown them out of the cup as well, to get into the semis against AC Milan.

I wasn't going to give the cup the light of day, but we got through the first games so I did decide to go all in against Juve and it worked. If things go tits up in the CL, we have that.

You went through Marseille, Chelsea and AZ to advance in the CL, are you not confident ahead of the first knockout game?

Everything about the Champions League has been really weird. In my presser before the first game in the group, I was asked if I agreed that Parma would have an easy time breezing through. Is the press high all the time? This is the first time since 06/07 that Parma even takes part in a European competition! I admit that Chelsea were weirdly passive but apart from that it was hardly easy. Then just this morning, as I was getting everyone ready for the big game against Liverpool tonight, that bald guy who speaks for the owners came in just to make sure I was getting everybody psyched for the big derby against Bologna! What drugs are people here using? I could give two shits about a stupid derby against some weak ass Bologna side.

An interesting choice you made in the last window, to get Gylfi Sigurðsson on a six month loan. Does that mean you will be leaving after this season is over?

Depends, really. If I get some titles in then I am hoping to get an offer from say, England? I would be up for that. But I am not leaving here without a title.

Good luck on the away game against Liverpool, not played at Anfield.

Thanks, we are going to need it.

Thank thank thank you for this write-up/hilarious storytelling. It made my day :APPLAUD:

Intro: FIrst of all i dont remember when was the last time, that i scored a late minute goal from corner kick with my goalkeeper. Maybe it is many PES before. You will see latter about this! ;)

I am with my team on Europa League quarter-final stage, against Krasnodar. The first leg was a win for my away 0-1. I went to the second leg, planning to control the tempo of the match and do not let them score more goals than me. I open the score with 1-0 on 6'. After this they went "crazy mode". (You know these games that the CPU won't let you rest your soul whatever you do. They only solution they allow you is spam the ball in defence passing between your GK and your CBs. But that's not football so i tried to play proper controlled football. And the CPU rewarded me by going really in crazy mode.) They equalised on 18' for 1-1. This is a fragile score, cause with 1 goal i'm out. Still trying to play controlled game, but the CPU still doesn't allow me. Crazy end-to-end game, my players are all in mud, they can't control the ball, very heavy first touches bouncing the ball 1 meter when receiving easy passes etc... I make the 2-1 on 36'. Half-time! Still qualifying score for us!

Second half they go 2-2 on 54', everything is hanging from a string. On 65' they do a shitty 2-3, we are out with this score :( . I repeat it is a kind of these games that the CPU tells you : " Maderfaker we will end 7-6 or you don't get past". I hammer them all time, but their defence goes to super crazy fortress mode! Also my fresh +85 speed players , that just subbed in, are gotten caught-up by the CPU slow CBs with red stamina!!!
On 93+ i go for a last attack, where the opponent GK does a double super-save. to corner.....I record the replay, to upload it and moan here latter, about how i disqualified so unfairly from EL!!! AND THEN THIS (video below) HAPPENS!!!!!!............:GSCARF::RSCARF::WORSHIP:

Take 2 (now I've fixed most of the issues I found in my random DB).

Barnsley this time as the worst team.

The team is 'okay'.
The front 3 are my best. The stand out is Brooks who's a pure RMF so I've had to alter my preferred formation to cater for him. If I had better team spirit, I'd convert him to AMF.
They're an ageing front 3 (left to right 32,26,26). But I have a decent young striker on the bench. Defence and GK are solid if not 'good' and 2 young CBs (one on the bench) means I don't have an immediate need for that position. CM is okay with some younger players, DMF is a disaster, both too young and not good enough for this level, but I can't play without one. That's my first priority for January I think (but I'll know better after 20 matches!

West Brom set the bar for quality in the league. I'm off that by a wide margin :(

Fingers crossed!

...and so we come to the end of the first season. It's been interesting. I managed to strengthen in a few positions, but nothing spectacular. It was mostly improving my squad as a whole so I suffered less when the best few players weren't fit. It was mostly funded by losing my star striker (for around £4m and a lot of freed up wages). I would have preferred to keep him, but we simply didn't have the money. A couple of youth players in January were good enough to help (plus the January youth worked, although the 'oldies' didn't just leave unfortunately), along with a couple of cheap young transfers (Including a decent striker replacement, although not as much of an aerial threat as I'd like. I actually had an £11m offer for Brooks towards the end of January, but luckily he had a better contract. Although it would have been huge funds for our small club, we simply couldn't get in the same quality, so better to keep him (playign out of position!). It was tough going at first, but with some stability, good training and an increase in team spirit got me to scrape into a play-off spot. It's going to be tough!

1572377388634.png

...and so we come to the end of the first season. It's been interesting. I managed to strengthen in a few positions, but nothing spectacular. It was mostly improving my squad as a whole so I suffered less when the best few players weren't fit. It was mostly funded by losing my star striker (for around £4m and a lot of freed up wages). I would have preferred to keep him, but we simply didn't have the money. A couple of youth players in January were good enough to help (plus the January youth worked, although the 'oldies' didn't just leave unfortunately), along with a couple of cheap young transfers (Including a decent striker replacement, although not as much of an aerial threat as I'd like. I actually had an £11m offer for Brooks towards the end of January, but luckily he had a better contract. Although it would have been huge funds for our small club, we simply couldn't get in the same quality, so better to keep him (playign out of position!). It was tough going at first, but with some stability, good training and an increase in team spirit got me to scrape into a play-off spot. It's going to be tough!

Hah, managed to scrap it 1-0 with a fresh sub on the break (Cassiano makes a name for himself, although he's severely lacking in stamina at the moment). Just a few days later and this comes in...

1572379350149.png

Hah, managed to scrap it 1-0 with a fresh sub on the break (Cassiano makes a name for himself, although he's severely lacking in stamina at the moment). Just a few days later and this comes in...

Don’t take it!! Stay with your club! :D
Don’t be that guy that follows money and fame. Stick to your team and make it famous/winning!! ;)

Don’t take it!! Stay with your club! :D
Don’t be that guy that follows money and fame. Stick to your team and make it famous/winning!! ;)
Oh absolutely, I'm a one team, one save guy. I just thought it was amusing that they thought I'd join them after just beating their team in the play-off final so I was promoted and they weren't :D

PS. Good news. End of season cleaned out the 'youth' team properly and now mine only has youngsters in it. So even if I can never sort the youth population, it's sorted at the end of season 1.

So I was forced to start another ML, since Klashman's tactics don't add to old ones.

This time I finally choosed Serie A, first time at Superstar.. Genoa it is, for the precision, one of the teams I generally like to pick the most.. kit that I love, and usually (this year no exception) middle-low table team with some interesting players here and there, but still quite challenging to manage overall.

I immediately embraced the kinda defensive nature of the team, with a 5 3 2 that gave mister Maradona two draws for 0-0.

The team is pretty much complete but in the last hours of market I've reached an agreement with Dani Alves anyway, might decide to ultimately pick him up, I like the almost retired champion that decides to help the small team narrative.

Let's see how this all will play out.. if all the ML superstar stories are true, I'm in for some kind of tough time... :D

I'm the same when picking a team. Takes me about 3 hours.

I always seem to pick the same 5 or 6 though - Sheff Wed, Derby or Forest in England then Sampdoria, Benfica or AZ if starting in Europe.

I did think about starting in South America but I don't fancy a 1st season slog with about 60 games in the Argentine League 😂

"My Genoa ML isn't going bad at all, let's do this only relaxing Cup match with the second lines and a quite offensive mentality from the get go before going to bed for the early wake up of tomorrow, what could go wrong after all?"

:LOL: :CRY:
I'm impressed with IRL Genoa since Thiago Motta took over.
So what I'm saying is you need to quit mate^^...

Just started my second season as Milan (ended 2nd, semifinals coppa). top player difficulty
january 2020: Rugani,Mbabu, Malcolm + rodrygo (loan) in. rebic, conti, reina, castillejo and musachio out
August 2020: Bakayko + lemar in

Piatek is beast, 40 goals in the last season. And Donnaruma stops certain goals
one thing I dont understand, Bakayoko and Tugani where both 83 when I bought them, now they are 82 and 81?

Bakayoko and Tugani where both 83 when I bought them, now they are 82 and 81?
Might be position on the pitch, which they are not 100% happy with, or might be simply aging factor.
Id say I was in high 80's sprint wise when I used to play. Now Im in high 18's.

Might be position on the pitch, which they are not 100% happy with, or might be simply aging factor.
Id say I was in high 80's sprint wise when I used to play. Now Im in high 18's.

Im taking about Overal stats. And i play them both in their prefered position (CDM and CD)

How did it go down overnight then? Its like he took a plane and left some of his stats in the luggage department?
Apologies. You never mentioned it was overnight. You were talking about Piatek scoring 40 goals so the way I understood it was that their stats dropped throughout the season.

Maybe they were flying with Ryanair.. those seats can take few years of your life.. :LOL:

Apologies. You never mentioned it was overnight. You were talking about Piatek scoring 40 goals so the way I understood it was that their stats dropped throughout the season.

Maybe they were flying with Ryanair.. those seats can take few years of your life.. :LOL:
Stats usually go down when age goes up,maybe konami is lazy and just drops ovr stats at a set date (birthday ).
I've seen worse examples though,players value and stats going up without playing a single game in two seasons.

Im taking about Overal stats. And i play them both in their prefered position (CDM and CD)

This depends on your training regime for each.
Even if a player isn't declining in their growth graph (rarely when on the rise, but usually when static) a player can have OVR reduction. This is because it's only a formula calculated off of the players individual stats (it's a different formula per position). The growth graph is a rough approximation of a player potential based on their total stats limit (not as simple, but essentially adding all the stats up)
So if you have a CB for example, and are training them and a schedule that isn't prioritising defensive stats (say you are using Focus training on their shooting for some reason) then when they increase in one stat, that value must come from somewhere else. So they could lose jumping and gain shooting, which will either stay static or improve a striker, but actually lower a CBs OVR. The player hasn't gotten worse, but are differently valued for that position.

I will quite often have players on strange training styles, considering their position, because I value different attributes in players.
I will often put a CB on 'Fullback Finisher' if they also have a FB position and I want to raise their balance a bit without sacrificing defensive talent too much (I like CBs more comfortable on the ball).

I also often use Dummy Runner on Forwards and Box to Box on midfielders in order to boost their stamina without sacrificing their main stats too much (you can always focus train strength to improve stamina, but unless the player is injury prone or quite weak, this is often overkill).

Sorry if I rambled in a little too much detail!

Back
Top Bottom