The Master League adventures thread

I ended my second season with Las Palmas tonight. We secured a pretty decent 10th place and I’m very happy with that. :)
I was giving away a lot of players on loan for the last 6 month so I get some serious money flying in.
Salary budget is at 8,5 mil. and transfer budget at 84 mil. (team spirit at low 80s with 31 players in the club).
Not knowing what I do in the transfers market ( ;) ) I got a new LB and RB for some big money. :D Young guys with decent stats.
Haraguchi went on, having played only 2 matches, so I got a replacement for my LWF Drole.
I will go in more detailed once I’m back home.
Can’t wait so see what problems my transfers will produce during the 3rd season. :LOL:
But what I liked, when scouting with a mission in mind and knowing the teams playstyle, and then you get a player that fits and TS gets up... I like it!
:D

Last edited:
Started a new ML with Arsenal and the typical 10 games in handicap kicked started and my players were unresponsive, couldn't shield the ball and turned like a truck.

tried to push through but then had Tottenham in the derby, i was 1-0 up inside of 8 min and then Tottenham scored with their next 3 kicks making it 3-1 inside 20min.

Below is the third goal, i dont think ill bother with ML until next year which is a real shame because when the handicap isnt there its really enjoyable.

Just in case it needs explaining thats the ball going straight through his leg and into the bottom corner.

1578025643324.png

Started a new ML with Arsenal and the typical 10 games in handicap kicked started and my players were unresponsive, couldn't shield the ball and turned like a truck.

tried to push through but then had Tottenham in the derby, i was 1-0 up inside of 8 min and then Tottenham scored with their next 3 kicks making it 3-1 inside 20min.

Below is the third goal, i dont think ill bother with ML until next year which is a real shame because when the handicap isnt there its really enjoyable.

Just in case it needs explaining thats the ball going straight through his leg and into the bottom corner.

View attachment 29113
what difficulty is it?

View attachment 29113
Those moments, like in the pic, are so sad. I had worse... but really, this really is a baseball bat in the mouth every time, full force!! :RANT:
I’m not sure if it’s on purpose/design choice or a coding/engine flaw?!

Last edited:
what difficulty is it?
Superstar, the anoying part is i play on SS because i cant be bothered stressing every game to try and beat Legendary and then this shit happens.

I just played Chelsea who are another derby game and every shot they had for the first 20min went in no matter what. I was 5-0 down at half time. Ive never seen it this bad before, its like DP3 has made the game go crazy, DP2 wasnt like this.

Started a new ML. I was holding off updating due to losing the Colombian League but I left my PS4 on my accident and it installed it. I managed to find a file with all kits and badges for Colombian teams, had to do a bit of faffing about to get them all on due to image limits but game is totally fake team, fake kit free now.

Started as Derby County. I gave myself a 'fairly large' budget with the plot being we had been taken over by a rich consortium.

That gave me £50mill of funds, which I wasted no time spending.

I brought in some Colombian CB, Luchimi or whatever he's called. Midfield was the main area to strengthen so in came Bazoer and I signed Haidara from Leipzig for £20mill.

Up top, I signed some bloke called M. Romero from an Argentinian side.

Going really well, the signings were made with the hope of going up 1st season to the Prem. Just got to Jan transfer deadline day though and hit a rough spot, no goals or wins in 3 games. Romero has slapped in 12 goals, he's quality.

I had a bid for Wayne Rooney. Not sure if its a bug but a Mexican team offered £79mill 😂😂 Selling him took my TS from 84 to 71 but I ain't turning that money down.

To replace him, I raided Leipzig again and signed Lookman for £20mill. We got mental pace up top now and if I get to the Prem, it's only in the full back positions I would need to improve.

Searching for a replacement for Huddlestone at present. His floated passing is class, so I need a player with that trait. Stuck about 10 players on the shortlist and will look to bring one in before the window shuts.

I think I'm currently sat 4th. Stoke are top by a few points, followed by Forest and WBA. Leeds, Brentford and Fulham all going well just behind me, so will be a hell of a climax to the League. I want to avoid playoffs if I can but the board wanted a top 8 finish which should be easily achievable. I need to get to the Prem though, I have some players on big money and would have to sell if I don't go up.

Playing on Superstar and it's been a blast. Not seeing much scripting, had 1 or 2 moments, but on the whole every game has been enjoyable. Scored some goals I've not seen before and you can really see the quality players like Bazoer and Lookman have against lesser teams.

I played for a couple weeks, in my previous ML save, with Chelsea. SS and Top Player are quite good, until you get to that point, a bit after half way on the calendar I think, were you have to loose points. I see it as a dramatic turn on the events that Konami likes to implement for a few years now, to add some surprise element and story. Well, Konami, surprise suprise! We Hate it!
Of course I got the 2nd place, 3 points behind M City because of a series os draws and losses, were my 95 TS team couldn´t score a single goal. Frustrating.

Think I´m going Pro now, manual passing, maybe FUMA if I like it. Good thing is that the game is a bit tighter now after all the patches, and CPU makes some intersting stuff sometimes, so I hope it keeps me interested and it´s not too easy.

Just had a proper 'out the seat' moment.

The Championship is so close. About 8 teams can still win the League.

I was 1-1 with Middlesbrough away. Last minute, I have a great chance, goes for a corner. It's cleared but I pump it back in. Half cleared again, but Bazoer steams onto it and screams it into the top corner. Wife's looking at me like I'm an idiot but she doesn't know how valuable them 3 points are and that I'll be dreaming of the Dutch legend tonight 😂😂😂😂😂

I played for a couple weeks, in my previous ML save, with Chelsea. SS and Top Player are quite good, until you get to that point, a bit after half way on the calendar I think, were you have to loose points. I see it as a dramatic turn on the events that Konami likes to implement for a few years now, to add some surprise element and story. Well, Konami, surprise suprise! We Hate it!
Of course I got the 2nd place, 3 points behind M City because of a series os draws and losses, were my 95 TS team couldn´t score a single goal. Frustrating.

Think I´m going Pro now, manual passing, maybe FUMA if I like it. Good thing is that the game is a bit tighter now after all the patches, and CPU makes some intersting stuff sometimes, so I hope it keeps me interested and it´s not too easy.
This is everything thats wrong with ML, some of the gameplay guys are trying to see if you can fix it by making the system file read only. Finger crossed.

Probably about 2 left - maybe feb then when euros are released i would guess. I remember 19 having 2 in feb within days and 2nd one messed it up

It seems like many people all over Youtube are using Italian clubs in their Master League this year...more than usual. I wonder if it is because both Serie A and Serie B are licensed and 5 of the clubs have their home stadium in the game all without modding or patching?

It seems like many people all over Youtube are using Italian clubs in their Master League this year...more than usual. I wonder if it is because both Serie A and Serie B are licensed and 5 of the clubs have their home stadium in the game all without modding or patching?

In my case, I have been playing English leagues for the last 4 years 😲. I was ready to change leagues almost went down the La Liga route but Serie B has been so much fun. And of course licenses don't hurt but its not the reason for me since I use lots of mods to work around the license issues.

Its interesting I feel it could be a number of factors, i'll be starting an ml soon in england, but italy is in very good shape in pes cos its basically all licensed, the good fellows on evo web who make stadiums, have every italian and even many of the serie b stadiums, which is always welcoming to play in new grounds every other game, also apart from juve, italian teams are very balanced through out the league which is good for competition whilst also being capable of attracting some better players than they were before, also the sounds and crowd chants in italy are quite distinct and varied so i can understand why people are about that italian life right now, atleast more so than la liga where the disparity is more palpable. Also people tend to dislike waiting for mods and league structures and things to be put into place, so italy allows you to get to business faster than the other top leagues while others leagues go through the time and painstaking reconstruction our amazing patch makers undergo every year..

Back
Top Bottom