The Retro-PES Corner

@reinelt97 I finally got to check my settings. Here they are.

Game Level - Regular
Match Time - 15 min
Ball Type - Random (not that this has anything to do with transfer frequency :) )

Master League Level - Normal (Maybe affects transfer frequency too)
ML Starting Points - 10000
Player Development - Yes
Display Curve - No
Transfer Frequency - High
Hidden Players / Classics - No
Reset Feature - Off

As i said before, I have been getting a lot of offers each transfer window. Normally for about 2 or 3 players. It could be because I am using an original team, like Leeds, rather than the defaults.

Regarding house rules I have not implemented any strict ones as this is a tester until i eventually finish the option file. But what i do, is i normally sell my player if an offer comes in from a team with a higher ranking.

On a side note, i am not using pesstatsdatabase as much now for stats as their website is normally down or, at best, slow. It is a bit frustrating as all i am doing regarding updates is updating their age as waiting for PSD page to load is making everything so much slower. So i am either just updating the age or if it is new player i am using Fifa to PES stats convertor which unfortunately will mean some stats will not be 100 percent consistent for example Benfica have players made from PSD as well as Fifa to PES stats convertor. It is a shame but that is just the way it is i‘m afraid :(

@mattmid Wow, that's awesome. I never realized how you could change the option file and the league would just carry on as normal. Following your youth league, hope you make it out of the group phase!

@reinelt97 Haha, yes a bit hardcore I think. That's what fun about these games, they give us the tools to let our imagination dictate how we want to play the games. I think house rules are key to making up for game flaws.

Match Day 3

A chaotic first half saw all 5 goals. First we took the lead, then PSG came back to lead 2-1 before we got back on top again before half time with a sliding finish from Matam, after a great effort from Rodet with the equaliser. We held on to our lead in the second half with just a couple of nervous moments but did enough to secure our first victory and indeed points of the Group.

In the other game Chelsea thumped CFR Cluj 4-0.

We are now in the mix for second. I can't see anyone but Chelsea winning the group now. We really need another result against PSG now before we take on Cluj again in a must win game. We don't want to be going into the final game against Chelsea needing a win, or really needing anything!

groupb halfway.JPG

Group A
Arsenal 0-0 Valencia
Marseille 0-4 AC Milan

A fine 4-0 win for Milan sees them lead the way at the mid point with 7pts after Arsenal on 5 pts dropped 2pts at home to Valencia. Marseille are on 3 and Valencia 1.

Group C
Everton
3-0 Zenit St P
Atalanta 2-1 Feyenoord

Atalanta make it 9 from 9, in a tight 2-1 win over Feyenoord who sit in second on 6pts. Everton move onto 3 as they beat the whipping boys Zenit 3-0.

Group D
Liverpool 2-2 Barcelona
Bayern 2-3 Benfica

An excellent win for Benfica sees them come out on top in the match of the day. A 100% record for them means just a point will likely be enough to see them through and two will make certain. Bayern are in second with 6. Liverpool and Barcelona did themselves no favours with a 2-2 draw meaning both are 5pts adrift of a qualification spot with just 9pts to play for. Another draw in the return game next could see them both out should Bayern win.

Group E
West Ham
2-1 Real Madrid
Lazio 0-1 Roma

West Ham pull off a brilliant victory over Madrid to get into a three way tie for second spot. Roma's 1-0 derby win will please some more than others! However it puts them 6 pts clear at the top and in a commanding position at half way.

Group F
Tottenham
2-1 Torino
Ajax 2-1 Porto

Apart from Torino losing by one goal, predicting what else will happen in this group is anyone's guess. Ajax beat Porto to give them two wins in a row after the disappointment of the Spurs game. The Londoner's meanwhile beat Torino to sit on top in a three-way tie at 6pts. Torino, despite losing all three games are not yet out of things, although it will be a tough ask.

Group G
Man Utd
3-2 Copenhagen
Juventus 3-2 Napoli

The fancied two both won at home to share top spot on 6pts. With the other two both on 3pts this group likely has some ups and downs to come yet.

Group H
Man Cit
y 1-0 Celtic
Inter 3-2 Brugge

Inter stay top with a maximum 9 points while a win for City sees them 5pts clear in second. Celtic and Brugge look like they are making up the numbers at the moment.

Top Scorers

Redan (Chelsea) 4
Tonin (Milan) 3
Richards (Spurs) 3
Gaetano (Napoli) 3

Top Assists

Griffiths (Lyon) 3
Evina (Bayern) 3

Other notables

2 goals, 2 assists

Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea)
Kulusevski (Atalanta)[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
I forgot how good PES 2013 looks sometimes. Some of the replays look so fluid, especially the goalies. Loved the backheel pass in the box @mattmid . Too bad the shot was saved.

Ball Type - Random (not that this has anything to do with transfer frequency :) )

This is Konami, you can't be 100% sure about that :LOL:

I forgot how good PES 2013 looks sometimes. Some of the replays look so fluid, especially the goalies. Loved the backheel pass in the box @mattmid . Too bad the shot was saved.

I was really pleased with that move :) Yeah it really does look so natural at times doesn't it. Some of them it's a shame about PES's habit of having quirky replay angles that you don't get to see the best of it. Might have to start saving the goals so I can get some better angles if the highlights chooses a weird one.

And here we go. The first quarter final with my favorite team, Italy.

At least the AI's getting more out of that England team than Keegan did!

:) Yes, they were very motivated and tactically impeccable, even though they were using Keegan's 4-4-2 which he admitted didn't work any more after the Euro 2000 failure.

@geeeeee Thanks for posting up your settings. Random ball? Can't be doing with that! :D I'm currently on classic for ML and I'll go for a special one for a cup final or World Cup etc.

I was tempted to start a new ML to see if I can get transfer offers going but there's no way of know why you do or don't get them. I suspect it's something to do with what team you start ML as.

Anyway, I've got too many seasons invested in my current team so I'm going to crack on with them. I think I will lower my wage cap yet further though. I'll go for 800 I think, just to give an extra reason to rotate my squad - which is strictly no more than 23 players .

I played a few games of a PES 2010 (PS3) World Cup over the weekend by my heart just wasn't in it. Classic era PES has spoiled me so I ended the lockdown weekend playing a World Cup on the PS2, back on PES 2008. Glorious stuff. The presentation is quite something - that aerial view of the Nou Camp especially. Anyway, breezed through the group strage as England before crashing out on pens at the first knock out stage to Russia. Typical! :II

Anyway, I've got too many seasons invested in my current team so I'm going to crack on with them. I think I will lower my wage cap yet further though. I'll go for 800 I think, just to give an extra reason to rotate my squad - which is strictly no more than 23 players .

Just an idea that came to me...

How about making yourself a selling club? Perhaps in the style of an Ajax? Something like when any of your best players or those looking like becoming your best players hit say 21/22 you sell them. Difficult I know if no transfer offers are coming in, but what if you put them on the transfer list surely then an offer would come in?

Just an idea that came to me...

How about making yourself a selling club? Perhaps in the style of an Ajax? Something like when any of your best players or those looking like becoming your best players hit say 21/22 you sell them. Difficult I know if no transfer offers are coming in, but what if you put them on the transfer list surely then an offer would come in?

Nope, tried that. Listed players still don't get a sniff of interest.

Basically, I think all classic era PES games play better over a ML campaign with a less-tha-awesome squad. Actually, perhaps all footy games do. Anything that can be done to stop you lining up a squad full of superstars at the peak of their powers helps keep things interesting and more realistic. In my opinion anyway.

But, yes, the selling club idea could work.

@reinelt97 that is really strange that you don’t get offers.

What are your settings compared to mine?

I may start another tester ML but with the ML defaults. Just to see if i still get offers, as when i start my proper ML i will go with the defaults and i will be a bit miffed if the offers don’t start coming in. If that is the case then i will try again with a real team.

Oh Konami Konami Konami why are we always going round in circles testing this testing that.:THINK:

Last edited:
@geeeeee It's been a while since I started out on this ML with the defaults but I have a feeling I did get the odd offer for one or two of the original mob but none since. I might be wrong though.

Generally, I remember having the same issue on PES5 and definitely PES6. The latter I used to use a number generator to select players to boot out at the end of the season. Crazy I know. :P

Definitely PES 5 transfer system was broken. I loved it but it was frustrating to never get any offers. PES 6 I never really played.

Ha yeh the number generation thing. I plan to use something like that for transfers when i start my proper ML. I posted this a few months ago...

“Transfer Offers ML

The player’s MENTALITY stat and the RANDOM NUMBER are the main factors in deciding if a player will accept an offer.

RANDOM NUMBER = 50-100
MENTALITY = 1-99

If the RANDOM NUMBER is equal to or higher than the MENTALITY then the player accepts the offer. Otherwise he will refuse it.

The PLAYER’S TEAM rating will cause a negative or positive response to the RANDOM NUMBER and ultimately, the decision.

A rated = -40
B rated = -10
C rated = 0
D rated = +10
unrated = +40

The BUYING TEAM’S rating will cause a negative or positive response to the RANDOM NUMBER and ultimately, the decision.

A rated = +40
B rated = +10
C rated = 0
D rated = -10
unrated = -40

For example...
Real Madrid (rated A) make an offer for Eriksen who plays for Tottenham (rated B).

Eriksen’s Mentality is 78
Eriksen’s team is B rated which is -10
Real Madrid are A rated which is +40
The Random Number will have 30 points added.
This means that if the Random Number Generated is 48 or over then Eriksen will accept terms.

The Random Number generated is 38.

Eriksen stays.

This needs to be done for each team’s offer.”

And that’s it.

Also what settings do you use compared to mine?

@reinelt97

I wonder if it's in any way related to the length of time of the save? I always wondered how in depth the other teams information was. For instance whether the AI teams actually had any kind of finance stat actually maintained through the game. I doubt it, but what if they did and they all have no money to buy players? I suppose you could test that with a backup save and buy a few players from one team, then put some others of yours on the list and see if they then bid?

Another thing to consider is I wonder if a lot of the other teams are fully stocked up with players?

Seems something is going on to get no offers at all doesn't it, but then with Konami who knows what settings are triggering this!

A couple of curious things on my PES5 ML save:

I encountered a bug:
LOQBLij.jpg

Romania National Team's manager was surely drunk: Iouga on the NT? The Matrix is failing.

IgClkKC.jpg

Only three teams in my league made any moves on the 1st winter transfer period of the save: curiously, both the league leaders Caopolo as well as the bottom two teams of the D2, Djurgardens and AC Czech. Both of these underachievers improved massively: the Swedish side got a young Podolski; but take a look at AC Czech. They got a total of...8 new players!, all of them much much better than the vast majority of the ones on their original squad. David Suazo is one of the most notable acquisitions but frankly all of them are so good that on the first match of the 2nd half of the season, my ML United encountered a completely renovated Czech side: only Poborsky, the keeper Bunnatek and some other guy remained, the rest of the starting-11 was totally new and so much improved. AC Czech's transfer window was so brilliantly played out that I for a second questioned whether somehow there was an actual human behind the club...

PES5 might be disappointing because of the lack of offers by the CPU to the player' footballers, but so far I'm pleasantly surprised with how intelligent some teams are...

...others not so much. Porto traded Lucho González to Arsenal for...Sebastian Larsson...

Guys, I was wondering if anyone of you knows anything or suspects anything (in case this is only placebo) of secret PES moves? By secret I mean moves that are not listed in official manuals.

For example, in PES 6 I would swear (and my cousin confirms it too) that double :triangle: pass is softer, slower and more precise than a single, normal :triangle: through pass. And if you press a double :triangle: + L1 rather than just :l1: :triangle: the difference is obvious to me.

Last edited:
I absolutely get what you're saying. An interesting idea: as modern games' graphics improve to a point where they're practically a carbon copy of reality, unless they specifically go for some unique look, they'll have less artistic diversity than these retro games. Back then they just didn't have our technology so in order to "imitate reality", each game had to forge its own path to somehow provide the player an environment that doesn't exactly look like the real deal, but is as far as possible as the developers could go on that regard. They had to get creative because their tools were very limited. This is why each time I load a PS2 game it's as if I'm on a museum looking at a beautiful painting and I decide to enter the picture. And just like beautiful paintings, some of those games' graphics are so unique and memorable they are unforgettable to me.
You're absolutely right. Nowadays devs allocate all their resources to the realistic visuals alone that there's not much attention left to balancing pleasurable gameplay. Mafia 2 & 3 are great examples of this. Mafia 2 is a last gen game yet it's art direction was on stylised realism but the gameplay was linear, diverse & well paced & is a cult classic. Mafia 3 on the other hand suffers from the same bloated open world syndrome all current games have where it is so hard to tell the difference between in game vistas and real photos & a life size recreation of a city yet, There nothing to do in it, The NPCs are all bots with no personality, ALL the missions are drive here, Kill that, Drive back formula & there's tedious micro management.

If this game had PS2 graphics & art direction the experience could be completley different. I'm not saying games on current tech have to look worse but if everything looks photo realistic then it's not impressive anymore & no game has recognisable identy.

By the way, I'm completely on the same line as you and @MafiaMurderBag on the general retro stuff opinion. The old games are invaluable. Titles like Mario 64, Doom 2, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, or even Super Mario Bros (especially 3) if I really have to delve in my infancy.. I load them up today and as perfectly put up by Mafia, I can picture myself exploring their worlds, whatever it is thoroughly descripted, or just hinted and tinted with misteries you had to fill in yourself with an almost tounched charm.

In a parallel fashion, talking again about past football games, I've come to see all the old, worthy titles more as systems in which recreate football, than just generic games to beat. A lot of past Pes (or Fifas, even if on a smaller scale) hold characteristics unique to each other, be it in gameplay, in visuals or in modes. And that's why reproducing football in one or another feels like a fresh, valuable experience :) .
I also have to say, I have both PES & FIFA 20, I try to love & enjoy them both but, I just cannot for the life of me play them without being reminded im wrestling with the controls or it's engine. I play so many old football games & I'm immersed & funnily enough, I never get frustrated with controls or mechanics though a youngster who can only relate to modern football games would squirm & call PES 5 nauseating to play.

Because these games struck the perfect balance of simplicity & contextual realism. When I concede or even lose, I don't sweat it because I had agency and it was my fault. When I play PES 20, 9 times out of 10, I'm muttering ffs to myself because the player selection is inappropriate & I'm fighting to control the correct defender, There's no midfield so most of the time the CPU plays one hell of a pass from deep to their striker several times a match & when I concede, I'm not excited or motivated to wake up, I just groan because it's anticlimactic & it never feels like you get a fair shot at defending unless you play on a lower difficulty but then it's like boxing a baby because the CPU doesn't pose a threat.

-----------
So finally, The final. It's been a terrific journey, Every tournament is like a road trip with the PES Edition in question... You feel like your gonna wanna kill your significant other being holed up in the same car & hotel for the next few weeks but rather you actually bond & develop an appreciation of each other & your enlightened about why you love it in the first place & what this game does so well in principle & then you look back with fondness when it's all said & done. But now it's time for some much needed separation from the community's PC cult favourite.

2 of Europe's elite will contest the Champions League Final in a Gladiatorial spectacle in the City of Rome at The Stadio Olimpico. Top scorer Ibrahimovic & Adriano lead the way for Inter Milan as they take on The Dutch Revolution of Real Madrid.

Last edited:
@MafiaMurderBag Spot on analysis about the new Fifa and PES games. I go back to retro PES games and they just "feel" right. I think it is partly because you actually have less control in these games which enable the game to flow naturally, (attribute driven gameplay) but you still have enough control so it is still fun.

@geeeeee Wow, that is crazy about the AI transfer logic. How did you find this out? The more I think about it, it seems like a pretty great system to use without needing too much programming. having the random number is important to add a little suspense to negotiations.

Match Day 4

Gutted! My best performance of the tournament so far but we could not find a way through the PSG defence or past the keeper when we did. One moment did for us and that was enough for PSG to take the victory. Caqueret in midfield was everywhere, getting no less than 9 interceptions in the match and getting a well earned 7.5 in the ratings. Alas it was not enough for even a point.

Chelsea, as expected, got a comfy win over Cluj, this time by four goals to one.

Chelsea are already qualified, being 6 points ahead of Cluj who they've beaten twice, meaning on head to head they can't be caught (not sure if that is the decider in the game?) but regardless with a +10 goal difference to Cluj's -6 it's irrelevant.

The second qualifying spot is the one up for grabs. I can only get a maximum of 9 pts and realistically with Chelsea to play it seems 6 is the likely maximum. Hopefully Chelsea can beat PSG and I can play my part by beating Cluj. That will mean going into the last game 1 point ahead of PSG. However a win for either Cluj or PSG will mean they'll go ahead of me unless I can get a point against Chelsea. Anyway at this stage I have to beat Cluj first and see what happens elsewhere.

tabl4.JPG
-----------------------

Group A
AC Milan
1-0 Marseille
Valencia 2-3 Arsenal

Milan win and with it ensure qualification. Arsenal put themselves in a very strong position to join them in the last 16.

Table
Milan 10 Qualified
Arsenal 8
Marseille 3
Valencia 1

-----------------------

Group C
Feyenoord
1-0 Atalanta
Zenit 1-0 Everton

Feyenoord get an impressive win over Atalanta whilst Zenit pull a performance out of nowhere with a 1-0 victory over Everton. A costly result for Everton who could have put themselves in with a real chance with a win. Now a point for the top two will be enough to see them both qualify.

Table
Feyenoord 9
Atalanta 9
Everton 3
Zenit St P 3

-----------------------

Group D
Benfica 1-1 Bayern
Barcelona 3-2 Liverpool

Liverpool lose and with it go their chances of qualifying. The draw between the top 2 though has given Barcelona a lifeline after they took 4pts from Liverpool in their two games. Can they win their last two and sneak through?

Table
Benfica 10
Bayern 7
Barcelona 4
Liverpool 1

-----------------------

Group E
Roma
1-0 Lazio
Real Madrid 3-2 West Ham

Roma continue to grind out wins, with maximum points, 5 goals and just 1 conceded in their 4 games. The other three are still all in with chances to qualify although you would have to fancy Real Madrid to take the second spot.

Table
Roma 12
Real Madrid 6
Lazio 3
West Ham 3

-----------------------

Group F
Porto 1-4 Ajax
Torino
1-0 Tottenham

After their 1-5 defeat in the first game it says a lot about their quality that this big win in Porto now sends them to the top of the table. Tottenham stutter, losing to Torino and with it lose second spot. All teams can still qualify from this group and with everyone beating everyone else this could go to the wire.

Table
Ajax 9
Porto 6
Tottenham 6
Torino 3

-----------------------

Group G
Napoli 0-1 Juventus
Copenhagen 0-2 Man Utd

Man Utd and Juventus look to have taken control of this group, both needing a point to qualify. However they have to play each other yet so they musn't slip up in their other match. Of course they could just draw with each other, but that sort of thing doesn't happen does it, did someone say West Germany v Austria 1982?

Table
Juventus 9
Man Utd 9
Napoli 3
Copenhagen 3

-----------------------

Group H
Brugge
3-2 Inter
Celtic 1-1 Man City

This group just got a bit more interesting with Brugge beating Inter and City only getting a point at Celtic.

Table
Inter 9
Man City 7
Brugge 4
Celtic 2

Brugge stop Inter's impressive 3 game winning streak in its tracks, whilst Celtic earn a point again City.

-----------------------

Top Scorers

Redan (Chelsea) 4

Tonin (AC Milan) 3
Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea) 3
Jones (Liverpool) 3
Ruiz (Barcelona) 3
Adarkwa (West Ham) 3
Vinicius (Real Madrid) 3
Pedro (Real Madrid) 3
Richards (Tottenham) 3
Jensen (Ajax) 3
Brobbey (Ajax) 3
Gaetano (Napoli) 3

Assists

Griffiths (Lyon) 3
Smith-Rowe (Arsenal) 3
Evina (Bayern) 3
Costa (Real Madrid) 3
Gomes (Man Utd) 3
McInroy (Celtic) 3

It's going down. I haven't won a match since the winter transfer window, except a 1-0 win at home vs. Rosenborg on the first leg of the semifinals of the D2 Cup - which in the end didn't really matter because we lost 0-2 away and got eliminated. My five point advantage over the 3rd placed team in the league is now gone, as Bruxelles takes the last promotion place though currently having the same number of points as me (18), with a better goal average. If the next fixture doesn't change things up much, the following is the very last and we're up against...
...Bruxelles!

@miguelfcp And there was me thinking you were some kind of PES super-player! That season one with the defaults is a killer - season two and three too, especially with those rock hard house rules of yours. I look forward to hearing how it goes. Anything other than bottom this season will be a victory.

I'm looking forward to getting back to ML action in PES 2008. I'm going to lower my wage cap yet further to 700 from 900 which will see a few more heading out - released most likely.

I've been spending another brief close season on GTA San Andreas, ,still on the PS2 of course. I was more of a GTA III and Vice City guy back when I had time to play such games. I've played a bit of the modern itinerations of this trigger-happy franchise but San Andreas, back on the old PS2, is quite something. The PES 5 of the GTA series you might say.

Match Day 5

A feisty affair and we were 2-0 down after just 8 minutes which summed the game up. We were as bad in this game as we were good in the last. Sloppy defending, no cutting edge at all and got exactly what we deserved. When we did give ourselves a chance, getting it back to 2-1, we promptly conceded a third. To compound matters PSG won 3-1 away at Chelsea to mean not only can we not qualify but we cannot finish 3rd either to make the Europa League.

Table
Chelsea 10 Q

PSG 8
Cluj 7
Lyon 3

So the PSG V Cluj game will decide who goes through with Chelsea.

Group A
Arsenal 4-2 Marseille
Valencia 0-0 AC Milan

Table
AC Milan 11 Q
Arsenal 11 Q

Marseille 3
Valencia 2

Group C
Everton 1-1 Atalanta
Zenit St P 0-4 Feyenoord

Table
Feyenoord 12 Q
Atalanta 10 Q

Everton 4
Zenit 3

Group D
Liverpool 1-4 Bayern
Barcelona 2-2 Benfica

Table
Benfica 11 Q
Bayern 10 Q

Barcelona 5
Liverpool 1

Group E
West Ham 1-0 Lazio
Real Madrid 0-1 Roma

Table
Roma 15 Q

West Ham 6
Real Madrid 6
Lazio 3

Group F
Tottenham 0-1 Ajax
Torino 3-2 Porto

Table
Ajax 12 Q

Porto 6
Torino 6
Tottenham 6

Group G
Man Utd 2-3 Juventus
Copenhagen 0-1 Napoli

Table
Juventus 12 Q

Man Utd 9
Napoli 6
Copenhagen 3

Group H
Man City 4-1 Inter
Celtic 2-3 Brugge

Table
Man City 10
Inter 9
Brugge 7
Celtic 2

Top Scorers
Redan (Chelsea) 4
Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea) 4
Postolachi (PSG) 4
Summerville (Feyenoord) 4

Assists
Richards (Man City) 4

Group's A,C and D are all over bar the final positions. AC Milan, Arsenal, Feyenoord, Atalanta, Benfica and Bayern are all ensured of qualification.

Elsewhere the main excitement lies in Group F in the battle for 2nd between Porto, Tottenham and Torino all on 6 point going into the final fixture. Torino have to go to Ajax but will hope that with them already qualified they might just have their minds elsewhere. Porto host Tottenham in what might be a winner takes all match.

Group E has thrown up something of a curve ball after West Ham's win against Madrid a couple of fixtures back, this round's win over Lazio whilst Madrid were going down 1-0 at home to Roma has left the two sides tied on 6 points. Both teams are away in their final fixtures.

In Group G Man Utd have left themselves a tricky tie to navigate in Napoli. They sit a nervous 3 points clear of the Italians in second spot

Group H seemingly over at the half way point has now got interesting with Brugge giving themselves a chance of qualifying. They have to beat Man City though and hope that Inter slip up at home to Celtic. It seems a long shot but we shall see. Although having only lost 3-2 to Man City in their first match there may a scenario where City find themselves playing Europa League football.

@mattmid glad you are having fun with 2013. I bet with youth teams (and, I guess, relatively lower stats?) it plays even better. A shame you'll not pass group stage but I've always found this game particularly merciless, not talking about the fact you are trying it for the first time.. I'm sure next run it'll be different ;) !

@miguelfcp Bad streaks with the defaults are pretty classic in Pes 5 :D. I think it's generally quite hard to pass season one without some decent transfer.. but it's all for the better, challenge wise! Looking forward to see what you'll do against Bruxelles :) !

@Madmac79 Thanks. Yes I'm finding mistakes can be brutal. I've got the passing assist down on 2, I did have it off at one stage but as I'm using keyboard it needs a bit of assist due to the direction limitation! Couple that with the generally lower stats and I'm ready at any stage to give the ball away in a dangerous area . :LOL:

I'm going to do a Europa League next from the 12 group stage then add in the 8 third places teams from my Champs Lge into the knockout stage. As I have to set up two cups to do the 12 groups I'm going to take two teams and see how I get on! I've chosen Wolves and Partizan.

@Madmac79 Thanks. Yes I'm finding mistakes can be brutal. I've got the passing assist down on 2, I did have it off at one stage but as I'm using keyboard it needs a bit of assist due to the direction limitation! Couple that with the generally lower stats and I'm ready at any stage to give the ball away in a dangerous area . :LOL:

I'm going to do a Europa League next from the 12 group stage then add in the 8 third places teams from my Champs Lge into the knockout stage. As I have to set up two cups to do the 12 groups I'm going to take two teams and see how I get on! I've chosen Wolves and Partizan.

I think you are at a great disadvantage using the keyboard. I simply had to switch to analog on my joypad in order to be able to move my players relatively decently in PES 2013, which was a radical change for me as I had never used anything but the ➕ (what's the word for this? :D ). I can't imagine how difficult controlling them on a keyboard must be!

Guys sorry if i'm writing in wrong thread but I see that lots of people writing here I'm playing PES6 on Windows 10 - Acer Nitro 5 and I have lags, I love the game, the gameplay, players, as kid I spent looooot of hours in this game and I want bring memories back. Maybe some of you know how to fix the game and what to do in this situations? I thank you a lot for help.

I think i posted about this on 2017 topic. As a former keyboard player , especially on this game 2013, there is something you win, something you loose when playing on keyboard.

YOU win: Precise movement, especially on side lines. Precise movement on most players that do not have a special skill card and are moving on rails, 8 directions.

YOu LOOSE: Manual pass/shoot with L2 modifier. You need to raise up your pass assistance to make the ball bend/curve more when you are passing and to avoid linear astray passes. THere are players like Arshavin, Messi, Robben, that have a special skill card that makes them take sharp turns and move in 360 movement, i think it is "mazing run" or "speed merchant", my memory doesn't help me much on this.

Back
Top Bottom