The Retro-PES Corner

Today I will tell you a little about my master league.
I took control of Juventus, which was relegated at the end of that season. I would like to rewrite history and continue to win trophies with that great group of players.
The CPU, however, does not seem to agree. Four days from the end, AC Milan is unreachable, and I will have to think about defending third place, since three out of four games will be with Fiorentina, Roma and Milan!
Little, too little!
I have drawn several games with small and well organized teams, I have recently lost two important games with Inter and Sampdoria

I can save the season in one way: by winning the Italian cup!
The final will be played at the Olimpico in Rome and Parma is waiting for us, a good ranking team that in January has strengthened by purchasing the talented Afellay. We will go on the field with the usual 4-4-2 and with two surprises in formation: to defend the goalposts Abbiati, who has played all the cup matches so far, and in attack together with captain Del Piero there will be Zalayeta, hero of the competition until this moment. Here is the match, played and experienced like the real football of 2006!

This thread inspired me to dig up Winning Eleven 8 and give the Master League a spin. Gameplay still holds up!

I just wrapped up a season in D2 using the option that lets you start with the original legends but trade up to three of them to give the squad a bit of an initial boost: I ended up signing Bojinov and Morientes for some goalscoring prowess up front, and Mertesacker at the back to pair with Vorlander - never lost a header all season.

My abiding memory of WE8/PES4 was that it was by far the best game in the series for the magical chip shot, and so it proved. Here's Castolo, who gamely spent the season on the wing to accommodate my shiny strike duo without throwing a strop, nailing a beauty in the cup semi!

<iframe src='' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='556'></iframe>

This thread inspired me to dig up Winning Eleven 8 and give the Master League a spin. Gameplay still holds up!

I just wrapped up a season in D2 using the option that lets you start with the original legends but trade up to three of them to give the squad a bit of an initial boost: I ended up signing Bojinov and Morientes for some goalscoring prowess up front, and Mertesacker at the back to pair with Vorlander - never lost a header all season.

My abiding memory of WE8/PES4 was that it was by far the best game in the series for the magical chip shot, and so it proved. Here's Castolo, who gamely spent the season on the wing to accommodate my shiny strike duo without throwing a strop, nailing a beauty in the cup semi!

<iframe src='' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='556'></iframe>

good old WE8/PES4 chip shot, chip shots never felt as satisfying since

OH yes, the PES4 chip shots. panem et circenses and chip shots and more chip shots.
I can't recall another Pes that I scored so many chip shots. :)
Today I will tell you a little about my master league.
I took control of Juventus, which was relegated at the end of that season. I would like to rewrite history and continue to win trophies with that great group of players.
The CPU, however, does not seem to agree. Four days from the end, AC Milan is unreachable, and I will have to think about defending third place, since three out of four games will be with Fiorentina, Roma and Milan!
Little, too little!
I have drawn several games with small and well organized teams, I have recently lost two important games with Inter and Sampdoria

I can save the season in one way: by winning the Italian cup!
The final will be played at the Olimpico in Rome and Parma is waiting for us, a good ranking team that in January has strengthened by purchasing the talented Afellay. We will go on the field with the usual 4-4-2 and with two surprises in formation: to defend the goalposts Abbiati, who has played all the cup matches so far, and in attack together with captain Del Piero there will be Zalayeta, hero of the competition until this moment. Here is the match, played and experienced like the real football of 2006!
The original Pes 5 AC Milan must be the toughest and most compact team I have ever faced, either human or COM controlled, in any Pes until today. Although it was supposed that team ID was not a thing back then and there were other team that had "boosted" players or bunch of superstars like Inter, Chelsea, Real, Barca, Arsenal, that Milan was always something extra terrestrial to face. I remember on Pes 5 we were a companion of 5 University mates and used to play every afternoon some 5-team leagues. Despite our skill was varying, the League winner most times was the man who used to pick Milan first. It was so one-sided that we banned Milan from the picks after a while. I really don't know how the developers achieved a team AI/DNA like that. It was like they were playing in auto-pilot mode.

Playing PES2 and succumbed to that annoying itch; I had to correct every single name. The highlights are as follows (real name/fake name):

- Sunsing/Moonsing
- Mondragon/Monraptor
- Hong Myung-Bo/Hi Moo-Boo
- Costa/Rica
- Maxwell/House
- Leonardo/Vinci
- Heinz/Campbell

Hi Moo-Boo is more for the commentary call only. Peter Brackley goes full Yogi Bear.

Maxwell/House and Heinz/Campbell are far and away the best. Coffee and soup mirth.

Long time retro PES player here! Had a lot of fun reading through this thread. I'm playing the PC versions as I no longer have a TV suitable for the PS2. I've been playing PES5 for years now and this is my all time favourite. I could play it forever at this point and not get bored. I know it gets criticised a bit for its attacking AI but I still find it challenging enough, and it's so well balanced in all other areas. My ultimate footy game.

That said, thanks largely to this thread I am now playing some of the other titles. There isn't one of the classic ps2 era games that I dislike, I think they're all brilliant. But I've really been enjoying my Parma Master League in PES3 lately. An absolute gem of a game. Once you get used to it that is! Does feel a bit different at first to the entries that followed.
What I do love about 3 is that difficulty though. I surprised myself (and the game I think!) by managing to win the WEFA championship after my 5th season. It felt like a true underdog story. It took me 3 seasons to get promoted. And now in the 6th season i'm having a really hard time, i'm out the WEFA already, and i'm under threat of relegation. Massive difference compared to last season where I finished 2nd and conquered Europe!
But I love that, very refreshing to play and have that happen. Doesn't feel cheap either from the AI, it's always been difficult, the luck just isn't with me this season.

I've been checking out PES4/WE8 a bit as well. Great fun. Will probably do a ML on those at some point.

Does anyone know if there was ever a PES4/WE8 Camera zoom tool made for the PC? Just something I find really nice to have, zooming the wide cam out a bit. It's the only game I can't find one for. Probably the only thing from the newer PES games that I prefer compared to retro, I always feel a bit too close when I do play with the default now.

Anyways great thread, so great to see the love for these now timeless football games.

After playing, a lot the old games on the PS2 and all the new games I give PES 2014 on my PS 3 a Chance.

All i can say ist wow. I know back when It come out IT became so bad Reviews and yes or was bad at the beginnig.
But they have Patches the Game very good

But after playing a CL campaign i must say it ist the best game for me, you can say im crazy.

Because of that:
+ Absolutely free Ball
+ The AI/KI is damn good played only at Profi,so variety, no Attack is the Same Thema the other
+ Best Shooting , no shoot is the Same
+ Fouls,Cards,Penaltys
+ Keepers (wirst issue when Launch) are perfekt,they make mistakes but ist Like in real
+ I can add my music, became nostalgy when i Here my Soundtracks that i ad 7 years ago😆

The Bad:
+ Limit Stadiums , worst ML an all PES
+ Perfekt Game Speed

I can only say, give It a Chance.

Edit: I wrote IT wrong.

Last edited:
I am back working on my old project after a couple of years away too much work went into it to give up for good I still have all the data and its is a good 70% done but it will now be for the PC version as I no longer have a PS2 a shame since we will lose the Ennio Tardini stadium converted from WE7I but a small price to pay

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-3-master-league-serie-a-b-95-96.70733/

a complete 95-96 database all clubs are done kits 100% stats 100% ect just need to fix and do a lot of player appearances I wouldn't want to give a timescale for a release but can only say soon but I don't want to rush it I was so meticulous with every detail in the 2 years I worked on it and don't want to lose that as I want everyone to enjoy a well done patch. I hope people will be as interested once it is released
Any news?

Just added Bayern Munich as they will be one of the extra Euro teams for the European tournaments in the ML. Nice free kick from Coutinho by the AI in a tester.

@BluesyShrimper I don't think I've ever seen a camera zoom for PES 4.
Sounds like a great ML you're having there. As you say it's nice that now you're having a hard season after winning the WEFA championship, makes it so much more fun.

Last edited:
Great to see lots of new faces around here!

@MadbaLL: I fully support that, it'd be delicious @MafiaMurderBag!

@Fabri55: Great stuff man. Curiously, that PES5 Parma team is an interesting challenge for a "rebuilding" project on a ML save: gone are the Buffons, Cannavaros, Nakatas, Gilardinos and Adrianos who once made that team great, and they're left with a mediocre squad, except for a few interesting players like Bonera, Grella, Bresciano, Corradi and Delvecchio.

@saad: A Vornander and Mertesacker duo? I wouldn't want to be a striker facing that defense!...

@Flipper the Priest: Yes, one of the great things about PES2 is that, unlike later on versions, the commentators actually pronounce the fake names! My only complaint is that they don't mention the Oranges00x...

-----

As promised, the next team on my "Who Wants To Win the Pseudo-Champions League" on PES2 is Cataluña (Barcelona).
They have two of the best goalkeepers in the game, though Dutruel is a bit better than Bonano. Patrik Andersson plays as CB with Oranges Frank de Boer, Puyol as RB and Sergi at LB (or Oranges Reiziger at RB and Puyol as LB). Oranges Cocu as DMF with a certain Xavi as the midfield's engine, supporting four offensive-minded powerhouses: Rivaldo, Oranges Overmars, Oranges Kluivert and a young but very promising Saviola. Yep, this team is totally infected with Oranges alright.

Pseudo-CL group: Pampas (River Plate), Westfalen (Dortmund) and Umbria (Lazio). If we do our job right, we should dominate this one.

First match was against Pampas. Should be the easiest match of all, despite a certain maestro called Ortega on the other side. Oranges Overmars goes all out and scores a hat-trick, 3-0 even before the 60th minute. We relaxed a lot afterwards which led a surreptitious Pampas to score two goals on the only dangerous chances they created, both by a certain 18-year-old called Cavenaghi (I haven't seen his statsheet yet but he looks like a proper PES2 wonderkid). It all ends 3-2 and we should've won by many more, but a win is a win.

7Mcgyas.jpg

Next up was against Westfalen, a much better side than Pampas. Lehmann as keeper, Kohler and Worns as CBs, Dede as LB, Rosicky in the midfield and Amoroso and the absolute unit known as Koller up front. As expected, the match wasn't a breeze as the previous one and after 15 minutes of a balanced encounter, Xavi gets a red card...Fortunately, I counted 3 or 4 Puyols playing for us as the guy looked he was everywhere at all times, so we'd be alright. After a back-and-forth between both teams (again, only Oranges scored our goals: Kluivert and again Overmars; Koller and Amoroso scored Westfalen's), Saviola becomes the first non-Oranges to score one for Cataluña and we manage to win it 3-2; though as you can see on the image below, this was far from an easy one. That late goal qualified us for the next stage of the Pseudo-CL and eliminated Westfalen from the competition.

p8qJcmO.jpg

Now the final fixture Cataluña vs. Umbria, both with 6 points and already qualified for the elimination stage, will define who clinches the 1st place of the group.

-
Cataluña is, as expected, a lot of fun to play with. They're recklessly offensive-minded, employing three attackers, Rivaldo as AMF who doesn't give a crap about helping defensively, two DMFs with better attacking attributes than defensive ones, and four guys at the back cleaning up the mess. This might not work that well against top-tier sides...anyway, their biggest issue is the lack of depth. Bonano is a fantastic substitute keeper obviously; but besides Reiziger, Luis "jack-of-all-trades" Enrique and some SMF other guy I don't even recognize but looks decent, that bench doesn't look good. For example, there's only one natural attacker (some guy named Dani, mediocre) as a substitute for a formation that employs...3! Then you've got the Abelardos, the Christanvals, the Gerards, who're clearly playing for the wrong Catalan side, they'd be better off playing for Espanyol...

@Madmac79: Mad, thought you'd appreciate this: how about this Lazio Umbria side? Not to bad, I'd say...

NeQySbb.jpg

Great to see lots of new faces around here!

@MadbaLL: I fully support that, it'd be delicious @MafiaMurderBag!

@Fabri55: Great stuff man. Curiously, that PES5 Parma team is an interesting challenge for a "rebuilding" project on a ML save: gone are the Buffons, Cannavaros, Nakatas, Gilardinos and Adrianos who once made that team great, and they're left with a mediocre squad, except for a few interesting players like Bonera, Grella, Bresciano, Corradi and Delvecchio.

@saad: A Vornander and Mertesacker duo? I wouldn't want to be a striker facing that defense!...

@Flipper the Priest: Yes, one of the great things about PES2 is that, unlike later on versions, the commentators actually pronounce the fake names! My only complaint is that they don't mention the Oranges00x...

-----

As promised, the next team on my "Who Wants To Win the Pseudo-Champions League" on PES2 is Cataluña (Barcelona).
They have two of the best goalkeepers in the game, though Dutruel is a bit better than Bonano. Patrik Andersson plays as CB with Oranges Frank de Boer, Puyol as RB and Sergi at LB (or Oranges Reiziger at RB and Puyol as LB). Oranges Cocu as DMF with a certain Xavi as the midfield's engine, supporting four offensive-minded powerhouses: Rivaldo, Oranges Overmars, Oranges Kluivert and a young but very promising Saviola. Yep, this team is totally infected with Oranges alright.

Pseudo-CL group: Pampas (River Plate), Westfalen (Dortmund) and Umbria (Lazio). If we do our job right, we should dominate this one.

First match was against Pampas. Should be the easiest match of all, despite a certain maestro called Ortega on the other side. Oranges Overmars goes all out and scores a hat-trick, 3-0 even before the 60th minute. We relaxed a lot afterwards which led a surreptitious Pampas to score two goals on the only dangerous chances they created, both by a certain 18-year-old called Cavenaghi (I haven't seen his statsheet yet but he looks like a proper PES2 wonderkid). It all ends 3-2 and we should've won by many more, but a win is a win.

7Mcgyas.jpg

Next up was against Westfalen, a much better side than Pampas. Lehmann as keeper, Kohler and Worns as CBs, Dede as LB, Rosicky in the midfield and Amoroso and the absolute unit known as Koller up front. As expected, the match wasn't a breeze as the previous one and after 15 minutes of a balanced encounter, Xavi gets a red card...Fortunately, I counted 3 or 4 Puyols playing for us as the guy looked he was everywhere at all times, so we'd be alright. After a back-and-forth between both teams (again, only Oranges scored our goals: Kluivert and again Overmars; Koller and Amoroso scored Westfalen's), Saviola becomes the first non-Oranges to score one for Cataluña and we manage to win it 3-2; though as you can see on the image below, this was far from an easy one. That late goal qualified us for the next stage of the Pseudo-CL and eliminated Westfalen from the competition.

p8qJcmO.jpg

Now the final fixture Cataluña vs. Umbria, both with 6 points and already qualified for the elimination stage, will define who clinches the 1st place of the group.

-
Cataluña is, as expected, a lot of fun to play with. They're recklessly offensive-minded, employing three attackers, Rivaldo as AMF who doesn't give a crap about helping defensively, two DMFs with better attacking attributes than defensive ones, and four guys at the back cleaning up the mess. This might not work that well against top-tier sides...anyway, their biggest issue is the lack of depth. Bonano is a fantastic substitute keeper obviously; but besides Reiziger, Luis "jack-of-all-trades" Enrique and some SMF other guy I don't even recognize but looks decent, that bench doesn't look good. For example, there's only one natural attacker (some guy named Dani, mediocre) as a substitute for a formation that employs...3! Then you've got the Abelardos, the Christanvals, the Gerards, who're clearly playing for the wrong Catalan side, they'd be better off playing for Espanyol...

@Madmac79: Mad, thought you'd appreciate this: how about this Lazio Umbria side? Not to bad, I'd say...

NeQySbb.jpg

pes1, pes2 and pes3 = amazing time of football, great players, great teams, great games... with pes3 ends my favourite period...

@mattmid @MadbaLL thanks for the reply, I do hope it gets made one day. I know some camera zoom settings seem to be built into kitserver (PES3) and others are standalone tools (PES5, WE9LE) so I guess different people have made these at different times. I myself have zero experience in modding. I know PES4 is perhaps the least popular of the classics so it makes sense it has less mods. But it is of course still very much playable without it. More of a nice to have than a need to have I guess.
I'm also enjoying the incredible PES3 too much to play much else at the moment, need to turn the fortunes of the mighty Parma around :BSCARF:

@mattmid man that Coutinho's FK was gorgeous. The trajectory with that little swerve looks so real life like.

@miguelfcp to tell you the truth, even if of course I bring a lot of those players in my heart, that specific season was horrible :D . Society crisis, Mendieta being a super flop, Nedved and Veron sold the summer before and other things turned a team still plenty of world class players in a weak willed group of guys that was kicked out CL in a very approachable group and barely reached Uefa Cup in the league. Brrrr.

Anyway, sounds like a nice run :) . Loved the AMF + 3 forwards scheme they employed here, I copied it in a lot of my MLs.
All those old names from retro teams also bring back such memories, from the champions to the guys that were so promising back in the days, yet had mediocre careers later or failed completely (like Cavenaghi and Gerard, indeed).

@qatu well said. Pes 3 is a such a complete and varied game. Glad to see more and more people rediscovering it.
Shame for the few stadiums, tho. Pes 3 modding scene is unfortunately not big enough for it but I'd love for somebody to give the game a decent number of stadiums.

@slamsoze I think that while attacking CPU is a big problem, if you watch the big scheme tactically there are so many teams doing fascinating things in Pes 5/WE9. I played mostly Serie A and I remember for example Chievo's doing a shameless 5-3-2 catenaccio (always been a nightmare to break for me) or Zeman's Lecce costantly putting your players offside with the characteristic high defense 4-3-3 of the cezch coach.
Yeah Milan was super tough indeed. World class and well rounded in every position.

Last edited:
The King is back.

To be honest it was about time, he'd had a sluggish start to the season before this game. That second chance came just two minutes after his goal, I love his little first touch on that second one, the way he sort of dinked it forward to just open up some space to hit it. He also set one up afterwards which turned out to be the winner (3-2). We are now unbeaten in three at home (2-1-0) but pointless away (0-1-3)

Gutierrez got two in this game as he finally showed what he's about as well.

A nice burst of pace to get past the defender before firing an unstoppable shot into the bottom corner.

After playing, a lot the old games on the PS2 and all the new games I give PES 2014 on my PS 3 a Chance.

All i can say ist wow. I know back when It come out IT became so bad Reviews and yes or was bad at the beginnig.
But they have Patches the Game very good

But after playing a CL campaign i must say it ist the best game for me, you can say im crazy.

Because of that:
+ Absolutely free Ball
+ The AI/KI is damn good played only at Profi,so variety, no Attack is the Same Thema the other
+ Best Shooting , no shoot is the Same
+ Fouls,Cards,Penaltys
+ Keepers (wirst issue when Launch) are perfekt,they make mistakes but ist Like in real
+ I can add my music, became nostalgy when i Here my Soundtracks that i ad 7 years ago😆

The Bad:
+ Limit Stadiums , worst ML an all PES
+ Perfekt Game Speed

I can only say, give It a Chance.

Edit: I wrote IT wrong.

Wrote PES3, but i mean PS3.

I mean PES 2014. After another 3 Games, still perfekt to me.

Last edited:
@MafiaMurderBagBut the thing is that not only I had a more immediate fun/reward approach to games, but generally it was a given that Konami produced great football titles one after another, so as all the good things you give for granted at the moment in a sense I've came to truly appreciate them much more later, precisely when the saga went downhill and specifically when this all Retro-thread arised.
Yeah it truly felt like Konami had the midas touch & the series was a snowball of great games one after the other. Even to this day, The PS2 games are still just as addictive as they always was.
@mattmid @MadbaLLI know PES4 is perhaps the least popular of the classics so it makes sense it has less mods. But it is of course still very much playable without it. More of a nice to have than a need to have I guess.
I was jus playing PES 4 earlier and I completely agree. It's a shame there's little mod support. I feel like all this game really needs is compatibility with the faces from PES 5 & a stadiumserver. A lot of the faces especially the unmade are ironically worse than PES 3.

As for the gameplay it's still astoundingly fun & has some unique ball physics and animations not to be found anywhere else in the series & honestly surprises a me from time to time.

Wow, I am here for so long and mostly reading and getting information about editing, I never recognized this thread at all - what a pitty.

Every time I see my empty PES 4 box with the broken DVD I have the feeling that I had a great time with the game those days.

I remember this game as being very fluent in its gameplay and "straight" - so the game did what I was telling it and it was also punishing me for doing the wrong thing in some situations. As far as I remember it was also challenging.

I ever thought, that only I was remembering PES 4 as a great game to play.

Because my DVD broke very late in the PES 4-lifecycle I never replaced the DVD because PES 5 was coming.

Starting to play PES 5 from the release day on, I never got enough from my Master League team those days. I still kept playing PES 5 ML even PES 6 was released and I already had the game ;).

Anyhow, I started playing PES 6 a lot after that. There were some things I was missing from the PES4/PES5 gameplay but the better implementation of the advantage and offside rule never brought me back playing PES 4/5.

After replacing Team A, Team B etc. with the Bundesliga clubs, like it was a common thing those days, I wanted to dive into the PES 6 depth by playing the ML mode once again.

After having great fun with Valencia-ML in PES 5 I decided to use Arsenal for my new Master League game.

Being bored by Ivarov, Espimas and Co. I did not want to start _again_ with those fantasy guys. So I decided to replace them by real players which weren't on the game. By not only having crappy old players on my squad, waiting for the first season to end (because then would be the first entry for the reincarnations) I decided to add also 18-year-old Nicklas Bendtner to have some fun and hope seeing him develop.

Well, I never really knew until which year I played this career ... until now: I just found an old DVD with a PES 6 backup from 2007 and some Savegames (including this).

So I decided to install PES 6 and restore the backup and savegame. And - tada - everything was "so 2007".

Well, it's fun to say that it feels like having a tiny window into yesterday but coincidently I stopped playing this Master League in "ingame 2020".

Looks like PES 2008 being the corona-ish thing stopping my reincarnations to play their game ;)

There are only five games in the season left, so I think I will try to get back into the game and decide after that season, if I will go on playing that game or digging it back in my basement :)

Some great goals there @mattmid I really do love the shooting in PES2013. Will your OF be strictly for PC?

@miguelfcp this is how some of my players are developing at the moment.

Libermann will be a beast as he gets older.
Also it is good that Burchet is still developing even though he is approaching 30.

1589835975608.jpeg1589836011534.jpeg1589836038851.jpeg1589836062268.jpeg1589836134205.jpeg1589836150112.jpeg1589836164546.jpeg1589836181165.jpeg1589836195776.jpeg

So onto my next two matches.

Matchday 3 Canvey Eagles v Norwich

Canvey 0 Norwich 2, this was a poor display from us. Typified by Ivarov's fumble and Guti's penalty miss. But my excuse it was because of a faulty controller but in the game I will blame food poisoning :SICK:

Matchday 4 Canvey Eagles v Wolves

If you watch the highlights look out for, what is for me, one of Ivarov's best ever saves.

Canvey 2 Wolves 0, I found a better controller in the loft and I could certainly feel the difference. It was still a very tight game but at least I had more control over the passes. There seems to be a bit of a story line developing with Guti. Last season against Huddersfield and Fulham, Guti was amazing and I was liking him to Kane...But since the last match of the season when he hit an early chance over against Sheff Utd and then missed a one on one in injury time which would have given us promotion, his head has dropped significantly. Against Norwich he missed a penalty badly. Castolo had tried to console him but it has not helped. He was left out against Wolves with Hamsun stepping into the Centre Forward position. So far this season Ordaz has stepped up with 4 goals in the first 4 games, and he may take over penalty duties by the way he finished the one in this game.

Hopefully Guti will pick up some form again as he is still young with a great future ahead.

Next up we have the EFL Cup Quarter Final 1st Leg at home to Norwich (again)
Then it is Matchday 5 away to Fulham.

@geeeeee
Nice stuff. Shame for Ivarov's disaster and Guti's miss on the PK in the first game, however great recovery in the second one. Ivarov's save ( the one around 4 and 53 right?) was indeed wonderful. Hope the guys improvements will be enough to finally conquer D1!

@geeeeee I think the editor only saves for PC? I have no idea if that's a fact though and whether the Edit.bin works with PS. There's patches on PS though I imagine? Which must mean it can be converted should the saved Edit.bin not transfer over I'd assume.

Nice win against Wolves and two nice saves by Ivarov really, the one @Madmac79 mentioned and the one early on was a good one too when Jota was clean through. Great how little stories develop isn't it within the game isn't it.

With the National sides tournaments in the ML I figured I should make the National teams too so to keep things fresh editing wise I've switched to doing a few of those now after finishing Norway D2 ( Norway D1 and Finland D1/D2 to go on the league side of things). I'm not sure how many free agents will need to be done. There's going to be a fair amount of National team players at 23 each especially considering very few of the league teams have national team players. The European 'other's will of course have a fair few but that's it.

Got the idea in my head to play out an AI v AI Euro 2020 as I'm making them. I then remembered they haven't played the play off games yet so I decided to start with those. I'll put the teams that aren't in the game like Iceland, Kosovo etc over club sides for now to play it out then put their players into the free agents afterwards other than the odd one that's at a club side in the game. Georgia v Belarus up first.

Man, finally arrived WEFA Masters Cup.

First of all.. the bracket looks more like an imitation of the Champions League, rather than an Uefa one:
bracket.jpg

Ajax, Bayern, Porto, Juventus, Liverpool, Borussia, Chelsea.. awesome.

and I had a fantastic first match against Hanseaten/Hamburg:

pes3 2020-05-19 18-08-30-79.jpg

You know the kind of real european game you probably seen happen to your team more than once in your life (at least if you don't support a powerhouse), in which you feel coldly doomed no matter what happens? Yeah, this match was exactly the perfect picture of that.

As the shoots testify it was a fantastic back and forth practically all 90 minutes long. Hanseaten looked so compact and well placed, with their only forward Barbarez doing a great job working chances and an impressive Fnegega (Fadiga) that scored the only goal and played an incredible game. Burgos saved me more than once but their Pieckenhaghen was something else. I had a lot of chances in the second half and he denied me brilliantly, felt like a curse, but a fair one.

Can't wait to play the return. I truly hope I'll be able to get by, would be sad to leave all those nice potential matches so soon.. particularly hoping we'll both pass cause I'd love to play Bayern in the next game.

You know the kind of real european game you probably seen happen to your team more than once in your life

No, we've only ever played 6 games in Europe and two of those were against Guimaraes :LOL: Although we have played in the Anglo-Italian cup :) I remember a home game against Fiorentina in that which we lost. Must have been early 90's.

Sounds like a really great game there, going to be quite a second leg I think! Good luck :)

@mattmid when I was doing some editing on PES2013 I used Bruteforce (not literally) :DD shown below.

If I am honest I really don’t have the time to start another project or even to start getting involved in another game. I am really impressed with the efforts that you are making though :) and i am looking forward to hearing about your journeys.

@Madmac79 that game looked good and yes I know what it’s like to support a team that looks doomed in most cup games, even against underdogs :DD

Hopefully you can come back in the second leg.

@geeeeee I'm sure you will be on your ML for some time yet and probably more afterwards too after all the work you've done to finish the OF. Still, good to know it can be transferred then anyway.

International teams are going to take a while. I really wish there was a FM20 csv as that would speed things up massively for the international teams as if all the players aren't in the fm20 national squad I've got to track them all down. Plus as I'm only using the demo I think the likes of Zambia may be a problem :D

I had another idea too for the future. What with 13 having no league mode, which even for Konami was some doing, I'd been thinking of ways to do that. Hopefully down the line @PeterC10 's tool he's working on will be the answer to that across any PES with a csv import. However I did have an idea that you could use the ML.

You make the league in the D2 spots (max 18 sadly but it is what it is) Then if you used the csv import to make every other player in the game 99 stats across the board and 8 in market price that would surely mean there would be no transfers. D2 teams would not be able to afford them even if they would consider moving and with all other teams having players at 99 there should be none of them having any reason to buy D2 players.

That should mean you could play out a proper season in D2. I'd still stick transfers on low because no doubt some of the ML players would get signed.

Not 100% certain it would work but I think it has a decent chance.

Back
Top Bottom