The Retro-PES Corner

Here are our next 2 matches in my ML

The first is in the Quarter Final 1st Leg of the EFL Cup against the holders, Norwich.

Canvey 1 v Norwich 2, this was a game of 2 headers. I loved Puuki's one to them 0-1 up but then we scored straight from the kick off. A long ball down the channel from Ruskin for Guti to chase, he managed to get there before it went out for a goal kick. He put a first time cross in and Hamsun rose well to power the header home. A real fist pumping moment for me simply because it all looked so realistic. I know that, for some, retro PES feels on rails but putting long balls down the channel which leaves an all out sprint to get to the loose ball makes me beg to differ. The feeling of getting that ball first and then playing an inch perfect cross into the box as the player tumbles over is great. After that we conceded a really stupid goal with Baumann trying to back heel it in the box. I should have just put my foot through it.

Next match was away against Fulham in Matchday 5.

Fulham 2 v Canvey 0, one of those performances where nothing went right, every one was slower to the ball. Then when Onomah went straight through my defence with his Ronaldo 'step over' impression the team began to reflect their manager. Quite a number of fouls going in and bookings coming out. Then there was one which El Moubarki did although it was not me but the CPU kind of took over, which was fine as it showed the character that the player's have when they are losing, whether I am in control or not, no character at all. I will have a quiet word with them, and myself, and pick ourselves and go again.

..aaand I'm out from WEFA Masters:

Hanseaten.jpg

I scored two goals in the first half, pretty much dominated this time but Barbarez scored a nice header in the last ten minutes.. so ,after the 1-0 loss of the first game, that was it. It burns a bit cause I wanted to damn hard to play against at least some of the other teams (look what a nice eleven put togheter Bayern for example:
pes3 2020-05-19 18-09-29-36.jpg except from perhaps.. Barone.. good player, but a little out of place here :D
)
but that's Pes and it's totally fine. I'm fighting for the title and for another possible D1 Cup once again so the season still looks very interesting.

Does anybody know how to remove the radar from PES 4 as seen in Pomah's/FLS's video below please?

As much as i adore the PS2 games it always infuriated me how they removed a simple choice that made everyone happy in PES 3 - Simply toggling the radar on & off; Pure clarity to giving you a choice of forcing a radar upon you or a translucent radar. Why?

So your choices sir are, Coffee with Milk or coffee with less milk. No you cannot have it black sir.

@Madmac79 sorry to hear that, sounds like it was a good game though. At least you have the double to go for.

@MafiaMurderBag sorry i cannot help you there. That’s Konami for you, gradually taking away all the good features.

I have a question for everyone, is it possible to somehow convert an ML save into an option file?

For example, I would love to be able to start a new ML with a different team but have all the transfers and developed stats the same as my previous ML. I think @Special4988 was doing something like that manually but that is too much work.

Does anybody know how to remove the radar from PES 4 as seen in Pomah's/FLS's video below please?

As much as i adore the PS2 games it always infuriated me how they removed a simple choice that made everyone happy in PES 3 - Simply toggling the radar on & off; Pure clarity to giving you a choice of forcing a radar upon you or a translucent radar. Why?

So your choices sir are, Coffee with Milk or coffee with less milk. No you cannot have it black sir.

Looks like it's done by editing the associated .bin to make all the radar elements invisible on the image files.

You could try downloading this patch (no idea if the link is valid) and replacing the appropriate bin file?

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-4-pc-ultimate-patch-out-now-update-v1-0-released.22070/

For PES 6 you had to replace the radar graphic with a fully transparent image. I can't remember which file it was but I remember needing to use Game Graphic Studio to do it, so I assume it would be the same for PES 4. No idea why the toggle for this was ever removed.

I have a question for everyone, is it possible to somehow convert an ML save into an option file?

I don't think that's possible, no. I think @Special4988 said that editing player positions did appear in his master league save but that was it. Stats changes don't. I've no idea where it stores all the current game ML stuff but it isn't in the OF or at least it's not editable if it is. It must be in the save file I would guess. Ironically enough I did just come across one of those for PES 2013, you can load in your ML save and you can edit your own player's stats and do transfers (can't change team though as you were hoping there)

I suppose the best you could do would be to manually do the transfers in a second OF and start a new ML, that way the transferred players would be at their new clubs at least.

I don't think that's possible, no. I think @Special4988 said that editing player positions did appear in his master league save but that was it. Stats changes don't. I've no idea where it stores all the current game ML stuff but it isn't in the OF or at least it's not editable if it is. It must be in the save file I would guess. Ironically enough I did just come across one of those for PES 2013, you can load in your ML save and you can edit your own player's stats and do transfers (can't change team though as you were hoping there)

I suppose the best you could do would be to manually do the transfers in a second OF and start a new ML, that way the transferred players would be at their new clubs at least.

Lol no it was me that said about the positions and extra skills.

I think @Special4988 was saying that he has a ML on the go but plays the games in exhibition mode because it was less scripted but then updates the transfers in his option file along with the stats too.

I will try to find the post. Probably 1000 pages back.:DD

This was the post:-

I think I have finally gone off the deep end fellas...

My drive to find the "perfect" ML is nearly complete. After tinkering with playing some exhibition matches with no form arrows I was amazed how the gameplay looked. I was seeing things I have never seen before in my 1000+ hours of PES gameplay. Players playing to their true ability. No AI cheating or scripting. I realized just how good this game can be (PES 2008).

Ok here is a quick overview I how I do it.

I start an actual ML with my Spurs.
- I first play the same game as I am scheduled, but in exhibition mode. So this time I played Bolton. We beat them 3-0 with 2 Bent goals and Dos Santos with a late goal.
- I then go on to my actual ML and play the game but on 5 minutes, and game difficulty on beginner. I emulated my exhibition game with Bent scoring twice and Dos Santos once. I win the game 3-0. (on beginner difficulty, you have complete control of how the game will play out)
- I then check opponent data for next game and use that as a guideline for their team selection. I then exit ML and go to edit mode, and edit their team to reflect their team sheet.
- Start the exhibition game again with no form arrows and play next scheduled team.

So a couple of other details.
- I am doing ML with high transfers frequency, but NO player development. Every transfer window I will match up in edit mode.
- I have already figured out a way to do a ML with player development on, but will try that at a later time. Basically I update all teams maybe 4 times per season. You can check every players latest attributes in the negotiation menu and select I think it is group to see each team. I have 2 PSP's so I can just compare baseline stats to changed stats to make the changes.

Player development on will be quite a bit more time consuming, but perhaps something I will try in the future. *Edit, actually instead of updating all teams all I would have to do is update the team I will play against. That will be much quicker than I originally thought.

I don't expect any sane person to play the way I do, but my true point to this post is that these classic PES games gives us the FREEDOM to play as we want.

Huge, and terrible, potential news when it comes to modding.

Manchester United are suing Sports Interactive (creators of Football Manager) for allowing, and "encouraging", mods that add a licensed Manchester United into the game.

Konami will be watching this case like a hawk. If United win... We might not be able to edit the game so easily any more.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...manager-makers-over-use-of-clubs-name-in-game

I don't speak spanish but last week Football Federation from Ecuador are reporting PES 6 Patch, yes a PES 6 Patch.

One of these days I'll have to use a "Konamized" fake name because some footballer trademarked the name "Miguel". Oh, and I support Porto Blue/White / Oporto.

Stay safe, modders!...

20200523-172032.jpg

I knew I'd get here one day. And all it took was a pandemic.

Good evening guys!
I went back to playing my master league with Juventus on pes 5.
The first season ended with the victory of the Italian cup and a third place. I tried to improve the team with the purchases of Van Persie, Dacourt and a very promising 18 year old Giuseppe Rossi.
All three were without contracts. The only onerous purchase was that of Josip Simunic, giant central defender of Hertha Berlin. Last year I often suffered head-center strikers, now I will have him as a weapon to fight them.
The pre-season was tough with a defeat at the camp nou in the gamper trophy. This is the best goal in the three friendlies played (with kits of the current season). Trezeguet marked it, in his own way.
He wants to reconfirm his Serie A top scorer.

Last edited:
@Fabri55 What resolution do you have that on - it looks great :) Good luck for the new season, look forward to seeing how it goes.

Hello! I play on 1920x1080.
Thanks for the wishes!
This season will be difficult with the Champions League commitment and the obligation to improve a third place.
Coach Fabio Capello can no longer make mistakes :D

Today I will tell you a little about my master league.
I took control of Juventus, which was relegated at the end of that season. I would like to rewrite history and continue to win trophies with that great group of players.
The CPU, however, does not seem to agree. Four days from the end, AC Milan is unreachable, and I will have to think about defending third place, since three out of four games will be with Fiorentina, Roma and Milan!
Little, too little!
I have drawn several games with small and well organized teams, I have recently lost two important games with Inter and Sampdoria

I can save the season in one way: by winning the Italian cup!
The final will be played at the Olimpico in Rome and Parma is waiting for us, a good ranking team that in January has strengthened by purchasing the talented Afellay. We will go on the field with the usual 4-4-2 and with two surprises in formation: to defend the goalposts Abbiati, who has played all the cup matches so far, and in attack together with captain Del Piero there will be Zalayeta, hero of the competition until this moment. Here is the match, played and experienced like the real football of 2006!
Great!! I from colombia, i dont speak english very good, i can write in spanish? I use the translator, de cuantos minutos juegas tus partidos?

What are the most difficult pes / winning eleven? I have felt the winning eleven 2008 in its sixth superstar level of the most difficult on ps2, winnig eleven 7 is also hard, lately I play many tournaments, which teams do you recommend to play a master league? Ajax or roma worth playing, newcastle?
(my english is bad)

@geeeeee Sorry I missed your earlier post. But I am glad you found my old post. I am still playing that ML with player development ON. I tend to dedicate about 40 minutes total to play 1 game.

- 10 minutes to update opponent stats in OF
- 20 minutes to play game in exhibition
-10 minutes to play game in Master League

It is definitely more time consuming, but I also enjoy the whole process.

I am also doing another ML with your PES 2008 OF, and I just had an interesting game today. I lost 5-0 to Liverpool, but the game felt very satisfying. Firmino, Salah, and Mane ran riot against us. Van Dijk was everyone on defense. I am rotating like 4 ML's with a few different PES games, but I like the variety.

@Madmac79

Watch out for Peloponissos.

They seem like buncha greeks but in my PES 3 ML from like, 2 years ago (Commonwealth anyone?) they beat me in WEFA Championship final, IIRC twice.

🐑

Hanseaten was one of the most difficult teams in that ML too, some of the toughest league games, they bought Bergkamp as well and sometimes he'd just walk over me 🐑

Barbonez...felt good to buy him off them 🐑 and then beat them - with their own weapon.

Good times. I wish I had my PES3 disc on me, sadly I had to left it behind and with all respect, PES 3 Wendetta isn't all that. I prefer unlicensed teams, but also ML defaults are changed to what I can only guess are mod creators, and it isn't too fun 🐑

Every single day I'm shocked PS2 PES holds up, and will hold up for a decade more at least. Played a bit of my PES 6 campaign but more on that soon. Ordaz earned himself a magazine feature, Ordaz! Of all people, it's Ordaz, what a time to be alive 🐑

TL;DR baba 🐑

Hey @Special4988 no need to apologise :)

It is good to hear that you are keeping up with your ML and i can imagine it is enjoyable changing stats etc... and seeing how it all works out on the pitch.

Similar to yourself i keep a mental note of how long i take to play games and edit etc...

For me it is something like this:-

Day 1

Update OF - 1 Hour
Play 2 games - 1 Hour

Day 2

Update OF - 1 Hour
Upload 2 games to youtube - 1 Hour

then rinse and repeat.

So i normally play 2 games every other day.

I was thinking of how many seasons am I willing to play in my ML. And then I had an idea...

Yes it is good to win the D1 League or D1 Cup and Champions League or WEFA or whatever it’s called. But then i thought the ultimate challenge could be to finish Number 1 five times in the Team Ranking table. Once a team finishes 1st five times then they are the ultimate ML champion.

When that happens it is time to start a new ML but you can only pick a team lower than your team in the Ranking Table or up to 5 places above your team. Then the whole competition starts again. You begin with the chosen team‘s normal players, not the ML defaults.

You could also include any restrictions that you want, for example not buying players until current ones retire etc... that way you would have a whole new experience playing ML each time with the goal of finish top of the Ranking Table 5 times. :)

What are the most difficult pes / winning eleven? I have felt the winning eleven 2008 in its sixth superstar level of the most difficult on ps2, winnig eleven 7 is also hard, lately I play many tournaments, which teams do you recommend to play a master league? Ajax or roma worth playing, newcastle?
(my english is bad)

I didn't play pes 2008 on ps2 but many people says it's very difficult.
We7 is difficult too.
Roma (especially in we7, with totti and cassano together :PINKS:) and Newcastle are good ideas. I also suggest Deportivo, Valencia, Everton, Tottenham, Lazio.

Back
Top Bottom