The Retro-PES Corner

Maybe a longshot, but does anyone have a save file for Pro Evolution Soccer 3 and Pro Evolution Soccer 4 with correct team names/rosters?

I play on Modded PS2 and use PS2SaveCoverter to covert to PSU and put the PSU saves on the PS2 Memort card. Need files in either MAX, XPS, PSU, PWS, or SPS.

These 2 PES games are only ones I do not have save files for.

Thanks

Maybe a longshot, but does anyone have a save file for Pro Evolution Soccer 3 and Pro Evolution Soccer 4 with correct team names/rosters?

I play on Modded PS2 and use PS2SaveCoverter to covert to PSU and put the PSU saves on the PS2 Memort card. Need files in either MAX, XPS, PSU, PWS, or SPS.

Thanks
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/917621-world-soccer-winning-eleven-7-international/saves
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/921097-world-soccer-winning-eleven-8-international/saves
It has saves for WE and PES 😊

Thanks

Over the last few weeks/months, on and off, I've been creating option files for all the PS2 PESes. Only player, team and stadium names, to make them correct, consistent (Emre Belozoglu, for example, who flits from Emre B. to Emre to Belozoglu is now E. Belozoglu in every one, whether he likes it or not), and cased (all title case from 2008 onwards, so no E. BELOZOGLU).

I'm currently up to PES 2013, almost finished it - and therefore the series - with only one more after that.

So to answer your question:

A. I can help if you want! In any format.

And:

B. If you have files for all the others yourself, do they have kits? If so, I'd like them, to import/copy where possible!

Not fussed about any of the other stuff. Names I can manage myself. Badges too at a push. But kits? No way can I be arsed with all that, for all 13 games!

Option files after 2009 aren't always that easy to come by. I managed to find one for 2011 from which I imported kits. Bit struggling with 'original season' OFs for others.

For me personally I always preferred PES5 over PES6. In fact when I bought PES6 when it first came out I gave it to my best mate's son because I had such a good ML going on PES5 and I didn't want to stop it.

The main reason is that I find the shooting is over powered in PES6 and winning possession from goal kicks (mine and the CPU) is quite easy. Keeper kicks ball I win header and then attack. That was on the highest difficulty. Also I prefer the foul system in PES5. I think I just find PES6 more arcade compared to PES5. All this is on the PS2 version of the game and obviously there are more patches for PES6 compared to PES5 which I suppose that is why people seem to prefer PES6 more.

Anyway, if anybody has a spare 30 mins. I thought I would post the whole EFL Cup Final between Southend and Leeds. Both teams are promoted already and they are building up quite a rivalry. Enjoy! :)

Very much enjoying your Southend escapades. Good luck in the big league.

It concur on your PES5 v 6 observations. How would you say PES 2008 compares to PES6?

I'm currently flitting between PES 2008 and PES 2011 on PS2. I've noticed PES 2011 is a lot more direct with less midfield play and a savage attacking AI. PES 2008 (PS2) affords you more space and time on the ball and the shooting has a little more weight to it. I'm finding it a easier to keep clean sheets though. Both fantastic PES games and a breath of fresh air compared to stale state of PES today.

Thanks mate. I actually grabbed some there in the past but those saves are Winning Eleven International editions. I am looking for the games I listed above. Winning Eleven International 7/8 are same as PES 3/4 minus names, but not when it comes to save files.

UPDATE

Someone sent me PES 3 Save File

UPDATE 2

Have PES 4 now

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I actually grabbed some there in the past but those saves are Winning Eleven International editions. I am looking for the games I listed above. Winning Eleven International 7/8 are same as PES 3/4 minus names, but not when it comes to save files.

UPDATE

Someone sent me PES 3 Save File

At the risk of pestering, do you have OFs for 2009 to 2014?

@geeeeee: I got kinda curious to know about that PES 5 ML you talked about lol, perhaps it can give me some ideas because after writing what I wrote I started considering finally switching officially to PES 5 :)

At the time of that ML I didn't know anything about editing only changing team names etc. I didn't know anything about option files and patches etc.. and I didn't know evoweb which also meant I just took the game for what it was because I didn't read about flaws I just took the game for what it was. Because of that it meant I could just enjoy the experience.

That ML was the first ML that I had done on any PES. I actually found an old quote of mine from an old PESGaming thread from 2011 which sums it up perfectly.

"PES 5 on ps2 has to be the best. I have never experienced a master league as good as the good old days!

So many memories,

Group stage of Champions League (think it was WE cup or something), lost the first 3 games, but finished up winning last 3 games to qualify. Managed to make the final but think i lost.

Had this striker called Bsorak, he was fantastic, had him till he retired. When he was older and declining i would only play him in the big games and he would still play well scoring important goals.

Had some fantastic games against Man u (i was made up team, Canvey Eagles)
one game i think they were top and we were second. Rooney was coming back from injury and on their bench. Amazingly i went into a 2-0 lead in the first half hour, and they panicked and brought Rooney on. Within a couple of minutes he went off injured again, classic PES."

The link to the thread is here http://www.pesgaming.com/index.php?threads/whats-the-best-pes.87889/post-1851698

But going back to Bsorak, I think he was a made up Slovenian or Slovakian striker. But he was so good. To have a player throughout his career really built a great story in my imagination. There was times when he would pick up games by the scruff of the neck and win them for the team. I remember that he got injured once and he was out for a while but he came back and I believe he played in a Cup Final that we won. I brought him on as a sub so that he could lift the cup because I made him captain straight away. I wish I recorded those games like I do now. Moments like that stick with me and it's not even real haha.

Very much enjoying your Southend escapades. Good luck in the big league.

It concur on your PES5 v 6 observations. How would you say PES 2008 compares to PES6?

I'm currently flitting between PES 2008 and PES 2011 on PS2. I've noticed PES 2011 is a lot more direct with less midfield play and a savage attacking AI. PES 2008 (PS2) affords you more space and time on the ball and the shooting has a little more weight to it. I'm finding it a easier to keep clean sheets though. Both fantastic PES games and a breath of fresh air compared to stale state of PES today.

Thanks @reinelt97 hopefully we don't get relegated.

For me because I now think PES2008 the PS2 version is better than PES5, then it has to be better than PES6. If it wasn't for it being so poor on the PC and the PS3 people would patch it like 5 and 6 and understand how good this game is (whenever I mention PES2008 I have to write PS2 version because straight away it will get neglected otherwise.) Yes it has its flaws but like you said the shooting has more weight to it. That does not mean that it is easier to score but it feels better when you score. That goal that Olayinka scored to get us promoted, I really don't think I will score another goal like that for a while maybe never.

There are other plus points too, like how the CPU adapts to how you play. The time wasting by the CPU when winning, the passing it around the back that it will do at times. The way the goalkeepers don't always catch a dropping ball. That really infuriates me in other PES', when there is a ball dropping in the area and 10 out of 10 times the keeper catches it, but in PES2008 they can drop it or your striker can get it first. Also the transfers in PES2008 are more frequent. You get more offers for your own players which makes it more realistic.

Also I hear a lot especially on the new PES' threads saying that retro PES is on rails. I don't find that with 2008, there is so many random things happening. Not sure if you know but you can adjust controls so that the Long Pass is manual which is great for crossing and obviously for changing long passes. Play balls into the corner for strikers to run onto etc.. On rails, nope not for me.

Unlike yourself though I don't find it easy to keep clean sheets. Maybe I am not as good or just play a different way. I think anything after 2008 on the PS2 is more direct. In my experience the CPU constantly dribbles and it is hard to tackle them and the CPU build play is just one dimensional.

Here is a video of the season in review. League tables, scorers etc...

Barcelona won the CL again, that is 2 for them now.

Some interesting transfers this season, these are the standout ones including ours of course. (Copied and pasted from different file so all caps and I aint changing it :P )

RYAN LEDSON TO SOUTHEND UNITED
MARCO RENTE TO SOUTHEND UNITED
EVERT LINTHORST TO SOUTHEND UNITED
TIMOTHEE DIENG FROM SOUTHEND UNITED TO LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW
MARK OXLEY FROM SOUTHEND UNITED TO LEICESTER CITY

JOAO FELIX FROM ATLETICO MADRID TO LIVERPOOL
KEVIN VOLLAND TO MANCHESTER CITY
JUDE BELLINGHAM FROM BORUSSIA DORTMUND TO WEST HAM
MARTIN ODEGAARD FROM REAL MADRID TO BAYERN MUNICH
EDEN HAZARD FROM REAL MADRID TO AC MILAN
NABIL FEKIR TO AC MILAN

At the time of that ML I didn't know anything about editing only changing team names etc. I didn't know anything about option files and patches etc.. and I didn't know evoweb which also meant I just took the game for what it was because I didn't read about flaws I just took the game for what it was. Because of that it meant I could just enjoy the experience.

That ML was the first ML that I had done on any PES. I actually found an old quote of mine from an old PESGaming thread from 2011 which sums it up perfectly.

"PES 5 on ps2 has to be the best. I have never experienced a master league as good as the good old days!

So many memories,

Group stage of Champions League (think it was WE cup or something), lost the first 3 games, but finished up winning last 3 games to qualify. Managed to make the final but think i lost.

Had this striker called Bsorak, he was fantastic, had him till he retired. When he was older and declining i would only play him in the big games and he would still play well scoring important goals.

Had some fantastic games against Man u (i was made up team, Canvey Eagles)
one game i think they were top and we were second. Rooney was coming back from injury and on their bench. Amazingly i went into a 2-0 lead in the first half hour, and they panicked and brought Rooney on. Within a couple of minutes he went off injured again, classic PES."

The link to the thread is here http://www.pesgaming.com/index.php?threads/whats-the-best-pes.87889/post-1851698

But going back to Bsorak, I think he was a made up Slovenian or Slovakian striker. But he was so good. To have a player throughout his career really built a great story in my imagination. There was times when he would pick up games by the scruff of the neck and win them for the team. I remember that he got injured once and he was out for a while but he came back and I believe he played in a Cup Final that we won. I brought him on as a sub so that he could lift the cup because I made him captain straight away. I wish I recorded those games like I do now. Moments like that stick with me and it's not even real haha.

Thanks @reinelt97 hopefully we don't get relegated.

For me because I now think PES2008 the PS2 version is better than PES5, then it has to be better than PES6. If it wasn't for it being so poor on the PC and the PS3 people would patch it like 5 and 6 and understand how good this game is (whenever I mention PES2008 I have to write PS2 version because straight away it will get neglected otherwise.) Yes it has its flaws but like you said the shooting has more weight to it. That does not mean that it is easier to score but it feels better when you score. That goal that Olayinka scored to get us promoted, I really don't think I will score another goal like that for a while maybe never.

There are other plus points too, like how the CPU adapts to how you play. The time wasting by the CPU when winning, the passing it around the back that it will do at times. The way the goalkeepers don't always catch a dropping ball. That really infuriates me in other PES', when there is a ball dropping in the area and 10 out of 10 times the keeper catches it, but in PES2008 they can drop it or your striker can get it first. Also the transfers in PES2008 are more frequent. You get more offers for your own players which makes it more realistic.

Also I hear a lot especially on the new PES' threads saying that retro PES is on rails. I don't find that with 2008, there is so many random things happening. Not sure if you know but you can adjust controls so that the Long Pass is manual which is great for crossing and obviously for changing long passes. Play balls into the corner for strikers to run onto etc.. On rails, nope not for me.

Unlike yourself though I don't find it easy to keep clean sheets. Maybe I am not as good or just play a different way. I think anything after 2008 on the PS2 is more direct. In my experience the CPU constantly dribbles and it is hard to tackle them and the CPU build play is just one dimensional.

Wow, you really made me want to try another PES 5 master league.
I have had two PES 5 MLs with potential to become great.
I remember the best one was in early October (I only started playing PES 5 in February last year and since then it has been a ping pong with me between PES 5 and 6) which was with a created club called FC Sampa (yeah, not that much of a creative name lol I know). I was in the second season, top of the 2nd Div table having Mohamed Zidan as my star striker, and then the very predictable thing happened: I started missing PES 6 so I stupidly deleted that PES 5 ML before it became good. I remember my two best games were consecutive: a 2-4 away win against Kaiserslautern after being 2-1 down on half time, and then a 4-0 trashing against Nürnberg.

I will try to give PES 5 another chance, and hope I don't delete it prematurely for missing PES 6 lol.

By the way, regarding my question about deleting accounts: I want to change my account's name but since it seems I can't my plan was to delete this account and create a new one, but if there's a way of changing my name there's no reason to delete this acc :)

(whenever I mention PES2008 I have to write PS2 version because straight away it will get neglected otherwise.)

I really have to play that PES2008 PS2 version on an emulator, I'm still yet to do that. I think I'm scarred from the PC version even though I know the PS2 version is completely different and the true follow on from 5 and 6. :LOL:

Wow, you really made me want to try another PES 5 master league.
I have had two PES 5 MLs with potential to become great.
I remember the best one was in early October (I only started playing PES 5 in February last year and since then it has been a ping pong with me between PES 5 and 6) which was with a created club called FC Sampa (yeah, not that much of a creative name lol I know). I was in the second season, top of the 2nd Div table having Mohamed Zidan as my star striker, and then the very predictable thing happened: I started missing PES 6 so I stupidly deleted that PES 5 ML before it became good. I remember my two best games were consecutive: a 2-4 away win against Kaiserslautern after being 2-1 down on half time, and then a 4-0 trashing against Nürnberg.

I will try to give PES 5 another chance, and hope I don't delete it prematurely for missing PES 6 lol.

Yes, remember what I said before, whatever one you start just stick with it and enjoy it until you win the WE Cup. Or pick one of the challenges that are posted right at the start of this thread. ;)

I really have to play that PES2008 PS2 version on an emulator, I'm still yet to do that. I think I'm scarred from the PC version even though I know the PS2 version is completely different and the true follow on from 5 and 6. :LOL:

I still can't believe you haven't given it a go yet. You watch, now you'll probably play it and hate it because Ive bigged it up so much and it will just be me, myself, and I, enjoying it. :P

Apologies for flooding you with videos.

Here are brief highlights of the first two fixtures of our experience in the Premier League.

First match is against our nemesis Leeds.

Second match is away to Everton.

How good is Sargent? That first goal against Leeds was so good. One step to the right and BAM!! He is getting to be like our own Harry Kane. The thing is that his rating has now gone up to 'C' and our team is rated 'D' which means that we may struggle to keep him in the transfer window if he keeps on performing the way that he is. I am enjoying these side stories that come along on a ML journey. And what a goal by Bernard for Everton!

Last edited:
My Sao Paulo ML continues- I gained promotion from Div 2 at the first attempt, finishing 2nd behind Barca. I came close to taking the title, but in the penultimate game I drew and Barca won, so it was over. In the final league game I drew 3-3 with Barca, having been 2-0 up at half time. I then met them in the D2 cup final where they employed their 4-3-3 against me for the first time. I played quite well, but needed something special and failed to produce it; Barca beat me 1-0. Ronaldinho was the top scorer in the league with 9; my top marksman was Grafite ( fake name was Gnapicci) with 6. In the cup, my second string striker Diego Tardelli (Diago Taudecci) scored the most with 4.

I didn't buy any new players over the summer for fear of going bankrupt; it had taken all my success in the second half of the season to cover my spending on Everaldo (Edimendo). Castolo had performed decently when called upon, but hadn't scored.

I kicked off the new season in confident fashion, but with a poor result; having dominated the match against Aquitane I nevertheless lost. Undeterred, I went into the next match against FC Porto with high hopes and wasn't disappointed, winning 3-0. I did lose another game in the first half of the season, but I won most matches and played well. AMF Mineiro (Citeiro) didn't score last year, but this season he is my top scorer so far with 6 goals, just one behind Ronaldhino. Barca are top of the league and mostly dominant, their only loss having come to me a couple of games before Xmas, when I won 3-2 at the Nou Camp. I went 1-0 up before they soon equalised through Giuly, then early in the second half Iniesta fired one in from outside the area. I won a penalty midway through the second half to level it, before scoring right at the end. Unfortunately I drew the next two league games, letting Barca pull away again.

In the cup I have made hard work of the first two rounds; PES United have been struggling at the foot of the table along with AC Ajaccio all season so far, but in the first leg they beat me 4-2 at home. Luckily in the return leg I eventually got my act together, and scored three in the second half. It was a performance to be proud of, keeping my cool and not accepting defeat. I then faced Dynamo Kiev in the second round, and lost at home again, albeit only 1-0 this time. I again improved in the return leg, winning 4-0. Kiev didn't even have a shot, to the chagrin of their fans.

At the Xmas break I bought a Brazilian full back, Angelo, who apparently usually plays with Lecce but they aren't in any of the leagues this time so he had no club. That was to bolster my reserves. In the same vein I bought an AMF called Jadson (I'm going to buy only South Americans, and preferably all Brazilians). My first league game after the break, against Aquitaine, was a lacklustre goalless draw in which nobody shone, including Jadson. The second leg against Kiev was good though, and Angelo was instrumental in two of the goals after a nervous start to the game. In that game, Castolo scored and made two assists, with another two coming from Mineiro.

I have been scoring regularly, and the goals have been shared quite evenly among my strikers and midfielders. Castolo has 3 in the league, he has been playing very well alongside his fellow Brazilians. I am sure I will finish in the top six this season, though hoping to catch Barca seems futile unless they take a big dip in form.

I've noticed some interesting transfers already in this playthrough; Maradona was picked up by Real Madrid as he so often is, old Baggio was bought by someone (I forget who), though he will surely retire this year, and Liverpool sold Gerrard already! It happened in my Sampdoria playthrough as well, but that was several years into the future. Perhaps mixing the composition of the leagues up makes the computer teams do more transfers?

Guys Please Help, i need scoreboard UCL for pes6 2008/09.
I didnt find ANYWHERE :((
In the past it was in the link of Marlon's videos (PES6 UCL08/09) now its failed..
Do You Have PLS ? 🙏
I have the Korean patch and it includes stadiums and a scoreboard..
BUT look at Marlon's videos like this

He plays in a special Champions League scoreboard and special stadiums for those teams!
But now unfortunately, the link no longer works and I search everywhere and find none
Notice the pressure above the players' heads, you will see how much it is adapted to our day

so if u have just the stadiums file or scoreboard UCL file Or the folder that makes the arrow over the player,
I will truly thank you from the bottom of my heart !!!

I got a question, in PES 6 I can start a league or cup as all teams, and when I start a game I always change formations only for home teams and then start the game while COM does the formation of away team. During the game I can also select to control the away team. In PES 5 I can also select to play as all teams, but when I want to start a match I can only do formation of home team and then it says something like waiting for player 2, and I cannot proceed to start the game. I only have one controller. Using keyboard nothing happens. What can I do to play the game like in PES 6?

I got a question, in PES 6 I can start a league or cup as all teams, and when I start a game I always change formations only for home teams and then start the game while COM does the formation of away team. During the game I can also select to control the away team. In PES 5 I can also select to play as all teams, but when I want to start a match I can only do formation of home team and then it says something like waiting for player 2, and I cannot proceed to start the game. I only have one controller. Using keyboard nothing happens. What can I do to play the game like in PES 6?
I would say, assign gamepad to position #2 in the settings, so edit player 1 with keyboard and player 2 with gamepad.

Friends, please 🙏
if any of you ever managed to download these links when they were still available I would love for you to post here.
These links are no longer working today, I searched everywhere, asked a lot people, it does not make sense that it just disappeared from the world ..
It was available until about 4 months ago.
so pls guys

Attachments

• 00e7595c-5e57-48c5-be8d-941417faf394.jpg
    00e7595c-5e57-48c5-be8d-941417faf394.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 15
Two huge games coming up. First one is at home to Chelsea and then away to Man City. I was really looking forward to seeing how this game plays when playing tougher teams because I hear that in the new games it’s easier to beat big teams than smaller teams.

These games didnt disappoint. Chelsea were pretty much all over us after we went 2-0 up and they deserved their equaliser. Both their goals were pretty unique, the first showing Abraham’s composure to set up Hudson-Odoi during a scramble in the penalty area. Their second was an excellent team goal.
The match against City was so difficult as they dominated from start to finish and deservedly won. Overall though i am happy with how we are playing.

I’ve been playing WE9LE over the weekend, laptop connected to 65’ Oled, for the life of me I can’t get the widescreen resolutions enabled, enabled widescreen in kit server confit, changed resolution in kload.cfg (removing the # at the star)

min my settings in the execution folder I’m not seeing any widescreen resolutions and it loads up with borders

Any ideas what I’m messing up?

Two huge games coming up. First one is at home to Chelsea and then away to Man City. I was really looking forward to seeing how this game plays when playing tougher teams because I hear that in the new games it’s easier to beat big teams than smaller teams.

These games didnt disappoint. Chelsea were pretty much all over us after we went 2-0 up and they deserved their equaliser. Both their goals were pretty unique, the first showing Abraham’s composure to set up Hudson-Odoi during a scramble in the penalty area. Their second was an excellent team goal.
The match against City was so difficult as they dominated from start to finish and deservedly won. Overall though i am happy with how we are playing.

Tammy Abraham's header @1:54 in the first vid, that's some techinque! :P

@DarthKebab Maybe post up a pic of your kload.cfg we can have a look to see if anything is wrong in there.

Sure, here you go

# Loader configuration file

debug = 1
gdb.dir = ".\"

DLL.num = 8
DLL.0 = "kitserver\zlib1.dll"
DLL.1 = "kitserver\libpng13.dll"
DLL.2 = "kitserver\kserv.dll"
#DLL.2 = "kitserver\kserv-shpal.dll"
DLL.3 = "kitserver\bserv.dll"
DLL.4 = "kitserver\fserv.dll"
DLL.5 = "kitserver\lodmixer.dll"
DLL.6 = "kitserver\stadium.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\dxtools.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\bootserv.dll"
DLL.8 = "kitserver\clock.dll"
#DLL.10 = "kitserver\bzip2.dll"
#DLL.11 = "kitserver\libarchive2.dll"
#DLL.12 = "kitserver\libcurl.dll"
#DLL.13 = "kitserver\network.dll"
#DLL.15 = "kitserver\afs2fs.dll"
#DLL.9 = "kitserver\speeder.dll"

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 1920
dx.fullscreen.height = 1080

Playing WE9LE reminded me of my complaints about the refs in pes5, they wont let anything go even when they should be playing the advantage!

WE7I is all over the shop when it comes to advantages. PES3 it was plainly a token gesture. You'd see the advantage icon at the top of the screen but it meant nothing; the play was never pulled back. In WE7I it's a total lottery. Sometimes the ref lets the play roll on for a few seconds and will still take it back. Other times the ball will go straight to the opposition and that's it! I doubt it's by design, depending on the referee. Maybe I'm doing Konami a disservice!

Back
Top Bottom