UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

this karagandy team must be quite good, they knocked out BATE borisov in 2nd quali round beating them home and away.

& griezmann's goal was spectacular.:WORSHIP:

Pacos didnt deserved to lost :(

Why? They conceded 4 only scored 1, how did they not deserve the loss?

this karagandy team must be quite good, they knocked out BATE borisov in 2nd quali round beating them home and away.

& griezmann's goal was spectacular.:WORSHIP:

Was shocked to be honest, but well, we'll see what happens in Glasgow, Celtic is no Bate, at home.

Last edited:
I agree, I think it was a great effort from Paco's, but the gulf in quality between Zenit and them was too big. They kept the game close for about 60 mins but the players ran out of fitness dramatically after that - Zenit's last 2 goals were in this time. Credit to Paco's for getting 3rd in the Portuguese league last season, but in all honesty only 2-3 of their players looked like CL (or even Europea League) standard. Leao, the tall guy in midfield, Sergio Olivera and the full back (who I cant remeber the name of) were decent.

I don't understand why Paco's played the match in Porto's stadium. I understand that their own ground isnt anything like big enough to play CL football in, but even when full there isnt much atmosphere in the Dragon Stadium and last night it looked less than 20% full. Wouldn't it have been better to play it in the Bessa Stadium (Boavista) or even in of Guimaranes's Stadium as at least then the ground would have been more like a half (or two-thirds) full. The Bessa stadium is a very compact ground and the local crowd could have been more of a factor there, in the Dragon stadium last night it was so empty it almost had the intensity of a pre-season match.

@Edmundo Porto commands every single team in the North of Portugal(Rio Ave,Braga,Paços de Ferreira...)except Vitória SC :))

@Re Arranged Zenit made 5 shots at the goal vs more than 10 by Paços.
1st goal-> Defensive Error
2nd goal-> Defensive Error
3rd goal-> What a luck by Kerzhakov
4rd goal->Golazo by Shirokov

Zenit Goalkeeper was very good and if wasn´t him,Paços could draw that match easily :))

6 teams this year in European Competitions :SMUG:

Pacos' story seems typical for overachieving clubs who have a go at the CL. Clubs like team and other liltle clubs destroyed themselves (financially) because they wanted to enter the CL and do well.
It seemscax if Pacos didn't transfer players because they had a chance of playing CL football. My favourite club (Racing Genk) never do. They played CL twice now and were severely beaten by clubs like Real Madrid, Chelsea and Valencia. Three clubs with heavy losses while Genk makes profit (last year they made a profit of 128 million euro thanks to the CL participation in 2012, they decided to halve the prizes for season tocket holders).

It's sad that clubs like Genk and Pacos aren't rewarded because they are well lead clubs!

@Edmundo Porto commands every single team in the North of Portugal(Rio Ave,Braga,Paços de Ferreira...)except Vitória SC :))

Zenit Goalkeeper was very good and if wasn´t him,Paços could draw that match easily :))

Sorry, but I see no logic in what u say, if one team made mistakes at the back and another team did use that perfectly and scored 4 (!!!!) goals how is that not deserved? And why didn't the other team use their chances if they could've "drawn that match easily"? Can u explain this to me, because I'm lost?

P.S. Sorry for being an ass but I hate illogical and air-built statements.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I see no logic in what u say, if one team made mistakes at the back and another team did use that perfectly and scored 4 (!!!!) goals how is that not deserved? And why didn't the other team use their chances if they could've "drawn that match easily"? Can u explain this to me, because I'm lost?

P.S. Sorry for being an ass but I hate illogical and air-built statements.

I understand it´s difficult to understand but Paços failed a lot of the opportunities :CONFUSE:

Zenit had a great "Shirokov" and some luck that made them win :(

After the 3-1,Paços quit the game :(

I understand it´s difficult to understand but Paços failed a lot of the opportunities :CONFUSE:

Zenit had a great "Shirokov" and some luck that made them win :(

After the 3-1,Paços quit the game :(

I think that is what u call class, isn't it? Cos i hate this they deserved talk, at the end of the day it is the final score that matters.

6 teams this year in European Competitions :SMUG:

Technically, every goal scored is a defensive error in football ;)

Those two Sociedad goals, wow.

As for Celtic, what a shambles. I think we can still get back into the tie at home, but our manager is not helping, he's very average and the team is just not set-up correctly playing square pegs in round holes all the time.

Also not replacing spine of our team that was sold is coming back to haunt us, but that's something we're used to now.

But still we should be beating teams who have nowhere near the resources that we still have at our disposal.

As for Karagandy, they are setup with big guys, but they look a woeful team to actually watch. It was a case of just lumping balls up in the air all night as they have big boys throughout their team, throw-in's, corners and free-kicks are their weapons.

FD

10 seconds red card
1176408_425433784242121_2075114564_n.jpg

aaand after the match in which Dinamo lost to Austria Wien, Zdravko Mamić has sacked Krunoslav Jurčić from his post as Dinamo's coach. That is 3rd time he has been sacked from Dinamo, yet they seem to call him beck whenever they need a coach after they sack the one that came after him.

Also to note: this was Dinamo's 1st defeat in this season.

Сompletely idiotic red card in DINvsAUS, soccer referees as usual stupid.

Not a very good game from Zenit, team needs strong DMF and CF (Cardozo, Damiao or something similar) but perfect result.

A wonderful story about Shirokov, he had problems with alcohol, he was in the army, and up to 27 years old has not played at a high level. In 2007 Zenit signed him as a free agent, and now in 2013 it no alternative for the best Russian player. Which shows just magic on the field

Those two Sociedad goals, wow.

As for Celtic, what a shambles. I think we can still get back into the tie at home, but our manager is not helping, he's very average and the team is just not set-up correctly playing square pegs in round holes all the time.

Also not replacing spine of our team that was sold is coming back to haunt us, but that's something we're used to now.

But still we should be beating teams who have nowhere near the resources that we still have at our disposal.

As for Karagandy, they are setup with big guys, but they look a woeful team to actually watch. It was a case of just lumping balls up in the air all night as they have big boys throughout their team, throw-in's, corners and free-kicks are their weapons.

FD

I think that we will can get the result we need but think it will be done the hard way I think they will score at CP

I hope Shahter to survive at Celtic Park, nothing personal to Celtic, and fall into the group to the Portuguese or Spanish team. looks like 13 hours on a plane )))))

8c5425fd924630366a97c2b2308fbbbc.png

So,first Schalke goal,Uchida handled the ball.
Second Schalke goal,where the heck were the CB's?
Third Schalke goal,facepalm.

First PAOK goal,OK that was good.
Second PAOK goal,wow.
Third PAOK goal,NOT.

Both that μοσχαροκεφαλή Lucas and Stoch missed the unmissable (Lucas just after the Draxler goal!). A bit after our 2nd goal,there was a foul just outside the box that wasn't seen by the ref.The definition of a foul there.

So,unlucky,maybe.But did we deserve to progress?As much as the Germans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom