UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

I'll "acquire" a copy and play it, but not shelling out. I was defo gonig to buy this having seen the trailers etc

It's interesting for all their flaws IMO THQ are doing the right thing delaying the next UFC game by at least 9 months (early 2012). I also read they bought some form of advanced ragdoll physics license a while back which is definately needed

not impressed with the demo. The game does some nice things but the CPU is a joke. They are programmed to take you down all the time. Overeem should not be trying to take me down non stop. He loves to stand up but on this game you wouldnt think it.

Maybe it is an early build but I am worried about the CPU logic. Not sure the fighters will fight anything like they do in real life.

Agreed.

I didnt like it all to be honest, for so many reasons I cant even be bothered to list.

someone played with mate ? maybe here game show how good this game is ? human vs cpu is one of the most boring game i have ever seen :D Ai is so bad - take down , take down and take down - its like wrestling not mma i dont believe they are able to fix it in finall version !!! wtf ? :(

Last edited:
EA MMA plays a much better game than UFC but DAMN! How much does the CPU want to spam takedowns?! Just won in the second round via submission but the stats show that Lashley attempted 21 takedowns!!

Needs patching to reduce the takedown rates and then it looks like it should be pretty good! Maybe the punches need some more power behind them, you can whack your opponent with punches and they never seem to do much.

Looking forward to getting home and getting a few games of this in, the more I played it the better it was.

I'm not familiar with his fighting style and only know his name, but Tim Sylvia was a right pain in the ass! I chose Couture and couldn't do nothing against him! He didn't spam takedowns (which was nice, the 21 takedown attempts were by Lashley) but just stood up and threw punches, trying to get a clinch.

Everytime I tried to take him down, he just kept countering it with a knee to the head and put me on my ass more often than not :(

Compared to UFC, the difference between fighters is massive. Fighting Bobby Lashley was just a huge difference between fighting Sylvia.

Some good tips here, by the way: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3265623.page

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm enjoying it more than UFC, it feels a lot more fluid and natural. A fair few problems with it, definately not a perfect game by any stretch, but it's good fun.

That's only exhibition matches, haven't tried career mode yet.

Ea mma game is like Fifa07 ( pc ) and ufc 2010 is like pes5 :D Ea mma is totall arcade game for casuals and 10 y old ;)U can learn MMA in 1 H , In Ufc you need to weeks or more. In ufc you need learn how to fight long time and you need skill to win. Eamma sub and ground game is joke of the year . What is this ? two buttons crap for casual. Of course i talking about game with mates. Ai is crap in both games.
In Eamma difference between fighters is small , in Ufc is huge.

i am dissapointed :( this is sport game fail of the year :( and this is not MMA sim at all.

for me

MMA - 7/10

UFC2010 - 9/10

Last edited:
Ea mma game is like Fifa07 ( pc ) and ufc 2010 is like pes5 :D Ea mma is totall arcade game for casuals and 10 y old ;)U can learn MMA in 1 H , In Ufc you need to weeks or more. In ufc you need learn how to fight long time and you need skill to win. Eamma sub and ground game is joke of the year . What is this ? two buttons crap for casual. Of course i talking about game with mates. Ai is crap in both games.
In Eamma difference between fighters is small , in Ufc is huge.

i am dissapointed :( this is sport game fail of the year :( and this is not MMA sim at all.

for me

MMA - 7/10

UFC2010 - 9/10

I never played UFC 2010 but but in 2009 the difference in fighters was not huge at all. It was only the styles which were different, each styled fighter fought pratically the same way.

Only had a short go on MMA in the career mode and its seems very good so far

Im struggling with stopping takedowns and transitions but i guess ill get used to it the more i play

I like it more than UFC already, this is more strategic and the button mechanics are so much better. They explain things very very well which the UFC game didnt even attempt to do when you start the career with Bas Rutton) like telling you to circle away from there power hand, strike to pass and stick and move ect but the thing about it is that you have to do what they say or your not going to get anywhere.

Throwing a couple of combos inside then flicking the stick to get out and start again feels alot more real than UFC does and striking on the ground (which also was pointless in UFC as all you are looking to do is transition to mount) makes the pad rumble like its does when your attempting to pass or go for a sub so its necessary to do it to keep your opponent guessing to hide the transition attempts

Im very impressed so far, playing UFC has got me some very very bad habits though which are making this harder to get used to. Oh and the standup in this game is the nuts

Coopz, one thing I found out recently is that when the CPU is starting a transition, the controller vibrates. Press B to deny and it'll stop their move.

Same button for stuffing takedowns as well, I'm definately getting better at that now.

MMA 101 is complete dogshit as a tutorial, Career definately has a much better tutorial so when people get the game, don't even bother with 101.

Edit: I typed this out after reading the first part of your post, but you know about the rumble anyway :)

You like the standup though? Punches and kicks feel like baby slaps, no feeling of a good connection at all IMO. At least there's not as many flash KO's as UFC, although I've not had one fight go the distance and nearly all fights are finished during or before round 2 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coopz, one thing I found out recently is that when the CPU is starting a transition, the controller vibrates. Press B to deny and it'll stop their move.

Same button for stuffing takedowns as well, I'm definately getting better at that now.

MMA 101 is complete dogshit as a tutorial, Career definately has a much better tutorial so when people get the game, don't even bother with 101.

Edit: I typed this out after reading the first part of your post, but you know about the rumble anyway :)

You like the standup though? Punches and kicks feel like baby slaps, no feeling of a good connection at all IMO. At least there's not as many flash KO's as UFC, although I've not had one fight go the distance and nearly all fights are finished during or before round 2 anyway.

I've not noticed how hard they punch, i just like the way it all flows and how good it looks :)

I'm still in UFC mode when when it comes to the ground and i just keep trying to escape constantly which is making it easy for them to do anything, i need to slow down and bide my time

Im on classic controls and i think you just flick right to posture up, when i played the demo in the normal mode i think it was Y to posture up in mount

One gripe i have about this is when your on classic controls alot of the time it doesn't recognise that your holding left or right in certain situations when your punching/kicking, in mount especially its hard to get elbows even though you are holding right so its just throwing hammer fists

I would recommend everyone to switch to classic btw thats the reason im loving the striking i think. Y/X is a Jab, add right on the stick for a hook, down for a uppercut, LT and Left for a kidney shot and right for a big body blow. A/B for Kick to the body, right for a head kick, LT and left for a leg kick, then you have spinning backfists/backkicks, superman punches and flying knees which are somthing like back forward but i aint got that far yet

Great combos come because of classic controls :)

Ah, I'm still trying to learn the Fight Night controls, not really getting with them tho :(

Will try classic tonight.

I'll "acquire" a copy and play it, but not shelling out. I was defo gonig to buy this having seen the trailers etc

It's interesting for all their flaws IMO THQ are doing the right thing delaying the next UFC game by at least 9 months (early 2012). I also read they bought some form of advanced ragdoll physics license a while back which is definately needed

Have now decided to buy this as I've pirated the game, really like it, and the CAF's so far are perfect. Most of thE UFC roster has been made and they look amazing. Even better than UFC's. I will therefore use Fighter share

Even the default call names have lots of other fighters names and nicknames. I created Crocop (which is listed as an announceable nickname) and manually typed in filipovic. It recognised Filipovic, and announced it. Awesome- Take that Zuffa licenses.

I created Jose Aldo as his name is in it as well :)

I think ill start a career again as a properly made CAF

Just got Lesner, Daley, Anderson Silva, Edgar, Rampage, Jose Aldo and Wanderlei Silva

They all look very good as well for saying they are user created

Just got Lesner, Daley, Anderson Silva, Edgar, Rampage, Jose Aldo and Wanderlei Silva

They all look very good as well for saying they are user created

do they appear in career mode like in fight night. I watched the gametrailers review and it does look okay. much better then the shitty demo they released.

EA Sports MMA Video Game, Review HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

I am gonna pick this up just dunno when. DJ Hero 2 is next!

Also it seems EA are ready to let this game bomb as I have not seen one advert yet.

Last edited:
What difficulty you guys got career on im on Hard ? i got past first league 5 wins just went to United league England and got choked out to guillotine. :(

Any tip on how to get out choke i had a big battle trying to get out when i was so close i lost it again. ?

Oh my word just had epic battle in rematch he got me in choke managed to reverse also knocked me down but i managed to recover. Had quite abit of stand up fight he bloodied me up then about 40 secs remaining i catch him with combo and knock him down and finish him off.

Never had epic battle on UFC like that so close to losing but comeback was just immense love this game. :)

Oh my word just had epic battle in rematch he got me in choke managed to reverse also knocked me down but i managed to recover. Had quite abit of stand up fight he bloodied me up then about 40 secs remaining i catch him with combo and knock him down and finish him off.

Never had epic battle on UFC like that so close to losing but comeback was just immense love this game. :)

nice dude!!

anyone played online yet? I read someone on gamefaqs say that people pic fighters with 95 submission stats and it is near enough impossible to stop being stopped from any position.

Also it seems like Classic Bas Rutten is seriously boosted in stats and everyone picks him when fighting online!

Last edited:
A lot more control, easier to put combos together, quicker to react.

I've never been very good at flicking the right stick around, by the time I've done it, the moment has passed anyway. So being able to just press a button is much better.

Won my first belt last night, the training in the career mode is spot on. Really does a good job of teaching you how to play, AND you can simulate training which is great if you've already got the A grade for training you want to do! Pisses all over UFC's shitty micro-management of numbers.

Noticing a big difference in fighters in the career mode too. I've moved into the UK league where it's mostly boxing and they fight totally different to the starter league.

I've created a kickboxer so I'm happy to keep my distance anyway and just use kicks, getting close and the CPU just battered me with a flurry of punches. But I've also learnt the armbar, and I ended one fight without even throwing a punch or kick :LOL: CPU got me straight in the clinch, fight went to the ground, armbar, CPU taps, put a fork in it :D

Spent a good few hours on this last night and can definately see myself playing it more.

Back
Top Bottom