UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

I agree about the strikes Jimmy, they look a bit soft and slow.

But, overall it looks a lot more organic than UFC. Smoother transitions on the ground, clear differences in player fighting style and strength and a less arcady look overall.

The strikes are okay but they move waaaay too quick. I did a little LOL when they scampered across the octagon before touching gloves.

It does look a bit too quick but its looked slow in the beta so they may just tone it down again before release

I agree with that but the jiu jitsu stuff looked amazing

Very true, the animations looks super smooth in transitions. I'm still not seeing any real weight behind the strikes though. I really dont like the button mashing for submission escapes. I actually prefer a more technical approach like UFC 2010. Still looking forward to the demo though, I love my MMA.

The UFC sub escapes are hardly technical though, you just rotate the stick fast or slow and you still get out

EA MMA isn't button bashing according to this

EA Sports MMA takes a unique approach to presenting joint-lock submission attempts, displaying actual bone stress of the fighter on the receiving end of the nasty techniques. Bones in the legs and arms become red when the aggressor is close to submitting his opponent, and the camera zooms in when the submission is close to completion. Both fighters have stamina gauges that determine how much strength they have left to either combat submissions or ensure submissions, so players must pay close attention to their fighter's stamina to make sure they don't get winded; simply bashing buttons during submissions will only result in fighter fatigue

# Chokes are a bit more complicated than joint-lock submissions, as players must find the sweet spot to cinch in a choke by rotating the right analog stick in small, precise movements--the same goes for the player inside the choke. When a choke is near completion, the sound begins to die out, and the edges of the screens slowly fade to black, emulating the sensation of blacking out from a choke. Shamrock notes that the sensation is hard to describe, but that the game does a great job of giving players the same feeling of slipping away into unconsciousness.

They could warrant us buying it by making is more realistic than UFC

Are they trying to make MMA like THQ's WWE style franchise then?

I hope the game lets you work from the guard for longer, in UFC if i pull guard and go to rubber guard and start beating the shit out of someone to set up a triangle or gogoplata the game stands you up after about 10 seconds where in real life you could easily spend a few minutes there until the ref decides that theres not a lot of action happening.

I hope the game lets you work from the guard for longer, in UFC if i pull guard and go to rubber guard and start beating the shit out of someone to set up a triangle or gogoplata the game stands you up after about 10 seconds where in real life you could easily spend a few minutes there until the ref decides that theres not a lot of action happening.

They had to, people spammed Lay and Pray in 2009. Plus, your not really doing much damage with strikes from Mission Control anyway. You can Triangle or Omoplata from there no problem.

They had to, people spammed Lay and Pray in 2009. Plus, your not really doing much damage with strikes from Mission Control anyway. You can Triangle or Omoplata from there no problem.

yeah true although i never played 2009 online, just seems i spent 90% of my time training at 10th Planet with Eddie Bravo for nothing lol.

The movement when standing looks a little fast but the rest especially the ground game looks awesome

Sounds pretty tactical as well the way they are talking which is good

Yeah I've read a lot of negatives so far. Shame.

Still looking forward to testing it out myself later today/tomorrow off the PSN.

I am moderately impressed.

I love the submission systems. As Overeem I stoppeda takedown and turned it into a guillotine (not a standing trademark Overeem guillotine though)

I find striknig a bit wooden, but got a lovely TKO. Push kicked Lashley who rebounded off the cage, an overhand right, then booming left uppercut, and strikes from sidemount over a battered Lashley for TKO

It all feels very fight night like. Very light on impacts. Punches and kicks to the head just seem to be shrugged off as if they were nothing too much and the AI just spams take downs.

Not sure what to think now.

not impressed with the demo. The game does some nice things but the CPU is a joke. They are programmed to take you down all the time. Overeem should not be trying to take me down non stop. He loves to stand up but on this game you wouldnt think it.

Maybe it is an early build but I am worried about the CPU logic. Not sure the fighters will fight anything like they do in real life.

Back
Top Bottom