UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

Love the transitions... they look really smooth. They don't have that scripted animation feel that ufc has where the guy having the move done to him just sits there taking it.

Striking looks a little lightweight though. Especially on the ground.. the punches just don't look like they carry any impact.

punches looks too anemic sometimes but if they will fix it it can be rly good , i mean on YT movies so far. I hope they will work on invidualism , not like guys from fifa team :(

The ground game looks very good but once again the stand-up looks slow and sluggish like fight night

I'm very sceptical about the 1 button transition and reversal moves though, it seems far to easy when it should be a chess game on the ground and a real struggle to get out when your on your back

I think it looks better as well, the combos look very good apart from the guy on the receiving end just taking them hopefully that's just due to not him blocking though

But the subs and transitions look very fluid as you see every stage of them like the kimora at the end with him stepping over his head and eventually reaching to grab his wrist to finish the lock off

UFC 2010 Patch Details:

Change-list:

* Changed Ranked and Player Match matchmaking to increase the success rate of joining online matches - applies to PS3 and X360.

* Significantly improved penalty for disconnecting in an online match
o Modified online point system so that players lose Ranked match points upon disconnecting from the match.
o Disconnecting from a match now results in a loss for the player who disconnected

* Removed instant takedowns. All takedowns now require a struggle.

* Changed the Omoplata submission so fighters cannot cancel to a standing position.

* Reduced the success rate of the AI when executing and defending submissions on higher difficulties.

* Fixed CAF stats so they update correctly when moving to different weight divisions in Career mode.

* Fixed a bug in Career in which the fighter is demoted to the WFA when he should not.

* Career Fighters no longer keep their stats when copied to the Create A Fighter mode.

* Career Fighters can no longer obtain stats of 100 in all categories (i.e. no Super CAFs)

* Fixed a text bug in which “Team Cloud Tokyo” is displayed in the Camp Explanation Text for Team Higashi Camp.

* Changed the Online Ticker to display more than one Online Ticker message after booting the game.

* Fixed a bug in which the Monthly Ranked leaderboard is not reset for players in online matches during certain hours of the first day of the month.

* Adjusted the Online Key message to indicate the location of the key code on the manual. (applies to newbies)

* Updates the UFC fighter stats to accurately reflect UFC Draws and No Contests.

LEADERBOARD RESETS

Along with the patch update we are resetting the ranked and fight camp online leaderboards. As mentioned, we are doing a complete leaderboard wipe to start everyone fresh given the magnitude of changes. All of your online leaderboard stats will still be saved in your offline profile, however your leaderboard rank and fight camp rank will be reset to 0. Any new ranked/fight camp leaderboard online stats will simply aggregate on top of your offline total. In other words, if you're leaderboard record is 500-225 today. When we reset, it will go to 0-0, but in your offline stats profile, you will still have 500-225. When you start playing ranked onlne again, if your leaderboard record after a few days is 20-10 let's say, then your offline aggregate stats should say 520 - 235. We want to make sure everyone understands all your stats are always aggregated offline in your save profile, as long as you never delete that!

FIGHT CAMP WEBSITE MANAGEMENT

Second, the complete Fight Camp integration with our official website here will go live this week as well. This will allow you and your team complete control of your Fight Camp on our official site, with the ability to manage, assign roles, message, check your banners, view advanced stats and leaderboards, and check out other Fight Camps. Not to mention, you can also create or join a Fight Camp directly from our website. For those familiar with "clans", this will be your new best friend section on our website.

All in all, its great to get the patch out for everyone and we realize completely there are more requested fixes at hand and even some that are considered extremely high priority by the community consensus. The dev team is taking all the feedback in and i'll be continuing to echo your voice and do the best we can for continued support.

Fight on!
Tank

THQ UFC & WWE Community Manager

So, are people still playing this? What's it like online? All I would play are ranked matches really.

So they haven't fixed the shitty career mode/points garbage, nor fixed that it's ridiculously hard to submit the AI (which was the same last year as well).

I haven't played this for weeks and can't see myself going back to it due to the mess of career mode.

Really hope EA MMA turns out to have a decent career mode with a good engine for the fighting, very disappointed with UFC :(

they are saying they have fixed the submissions

"* Reduced the success rate of the AI when executing and defending submissions on higher difficulties."

when is the patch out? or is it already out?

Ufc with friends = one of the best party games ever...you need some skill for this game and it is amazing.We playing every weekend and we still want more :P Who cares about carrer for lone players .its like playing in fifa/pes with cpu :D 1vs1 is true experience in games like this.

So, are people still playing this? What's it like online? All I would play are ranked matches really.

I had a few games online at my mates and it was fucking awful

Im surprised they are allowed to sell a game that doesn't work properly

The patch is out now apparantly. I'm really tempted to pick this up. Had some great fights on UFC 2009.

UFC Undisputed 2010 is currently in Game's deal of the week and is only £27.99. Think that offer ends tonight though!

I will trade in World Cup 2010 and get UFC 2010 for £15.99 :)).

Last edited:
It is a very good game when you play it properly, i played it at a mates last night doing the classics mode which is very very hard (to earn Class A and the videos) but entertaining at the same time.

Just stay away from the career mode and online play unless they fixed it

Traded in Splinter Cell and World Cup and only ended up paying £7.99 for UFC 2010! Online is all I'll be playing though...

My ground game is pretty good, (I've won every match by submission so far), but my stand up game really needs work! I'm quite predictable at the moment, just taking people down and then ground and pounding / moving to better positions. Most people online gas themselves out and leave themselves open to being subbed.

EA Sports MMA is look promising, very fluid (ooh what does that remind me of lol) liking the ground game, but like everyone has said above i'm very disappointed with the punching, looks terrible and weak, one thing that does seriously need to improve.

The fact FEDOR is on the game is probably enough for any MMA fan to buy :)

I agree, looking forward to it but then I was looking forward to UFC and that's a disappointment.

I like that the EA game has a more global sport feel to it. So you get the feel that you are actually a fighter travelling the world making a name for yourself.

Gameface should be great for adding the UFC roster too. Now.. if only they had included a create your own promotion mode so we could have created the UFC ourselves.

Sounds great

I like how the rules change in different country's, "soccer kicks" ftw :)

I like that the EA game has a more global sport feel to it. So you get the feel that you are actually a fighter travelling the world making a name for yourself.

Gameface should be great for adding the UFC roster too. Now.. if only they had included a create your own promotion mode so we could have created the UFC ourselves.

Yeah I think this game has much more potential, Hopefully with EA adding "Create a team" in FIFA MMA can try something similar.

punches still looks very anemic :( I think i will play both ufc and mma with friend because both games has a bit different style i think.

Ea MMA Update:

- More fighting Stances and Styles have been added

- All strikes on the ground, have been tweaked for more power from all positions

- Knockdowns resulting from a strike have been re-worked and have also added a camera shake and sound effect

- The overhand punches have been re-animated

- Stance specific jabs have been added! Fighters who's lead hand is low will have a short quick jab, while other fighters (like Diaz style) will have pawing jabs.

- Kicks from the back leg , have been re-done to show follow through.

- If a striker is out of range and throws one of these kicks, you can now time a takedown. This results in a great battle of strategies and gauging a fighter's range.

- Ring ropes are now interactive during the clinch.

- Submission chains have been added. The number is at 5 right now.

- As mentioned before, the footprinting technology has been re-worked with gliding for better feel and movement

- The Vale Tudo rules have been updated to allow all moves and it now has 1 round that is 20 minutes long.

Back
Top Bottom