WE9 Wishlist

first and foremost...scrap all existing animation and start from scratch. when is seabass going to stop hiring god damn CRIPPLES to do motion capture acting? oh yeah...fancy a player hunch over like an alien when they chip the ball. just plain ugly and retarded. just hire real footy players and a motion capture supervisor who will let the player motions be realistic and natural......it's not that hard, really

secondly, jesus christ, dont get me started on the stadium turf patterns. again obviously seabass have cripples working in the gfx department to draw those fancy shitty ugly turf patterns (for eg la bombanera). heres a little hint..learn how to draw straight lines because it aint brain surgery FFS

omimiga said:
Another idea is to play as a single player career, not control just a player in the games of a team... but play as one player that receive transfers offers and such things... you don't control the teams, only the player...

Quality idea, a librero grande ML starting through the academy all up to the senior lvl, call ups for your country enhancing your reputation, awards history, clubs comin' in for you, choosing your position of choice at the begining. gr8 idea and having the option to become a manager at the end of ur playing career...object of the game to have long succesful career, prolly too much for we9 but gr8 idea as a seperate game for konami.

I think my main wish would be that the scritped gameplay in which the cpu decides everything is ditched in favour of having a genuine physics model.

However, I realise there is more chance of one of my turds building a rocket and flying to Mars.

Well, obviously English licences would be great. Also, they should bring back the World and Euro teams, generally improve gameplay, GK animations, and perhaps they could implement different weather systems, so it's light first half of the game, then dark the second half, like winter matches in England.

Allow you to play in ACTUAL real life leagues (eg English / Spanish, etc) in the Master league, rather than having to choose 1 of the 4 "mixed" leagues, which has random teams from every country. This would make it feel more realistic during the season, especially when you play against the best teams from other leagues in the WEFA cup games, etc.

Other than the obvious stuff like a massive increase in leagues/teams/manager/career stuff (at least SWOS level), one silly little thing I'd like to see is shot speed displayed in goal replays, simple to calculate and good for bragging rights :)

Its great to see so many ppl mentioning SWOS.
I have always Suggested Swos management with Pro Evo/Winning Eleven gameplay would be the greatest its simple yet so addictive.

I'd like to see freekick takers reel away as soon as they hit a curving shot at goal right in the top corner, as if they know it was going in like ronaldinho does and also saw zidane do it, and not just stand there like dummies waiting for the ball to cross the line then celebrate

I've restricted my wishlist to what the ps2 hardware can cope with, I realise a lot of these have been mentioned before on this thread, but I compilied this list before reading the post...

Anyhow heres my top 20 :-

1. ALL new features of WE9 to be configurable in the options screen - so if people dont like a new feature, they can switch it off, ie player ageing or referee on the pitch

2. No Slowdown! At all! No need to improve the visuals on the ps2, save it for ps3

3. More full-size leagues - So you can start in the 4th division (or lower) and work your way up to the top. At the moment a good player can complete everything the ML has to offer in 3 seasons (well 2 1/2 because of the tiny 2nd division)

4. Increased player animations - to make the play more varied, increased animations for player tussles, players slipping/losing balance etc.

5. More freedom to move the camera angle to where you would like it, more freedom to zoom out

6. No sharing chants between teams, the DVD is only 1/3 full! Even if they copy chants across lesser teams, at least the patchers can then alter them

7. The same for stadiums, there's no reason why each team cant have its own stadium slot, even if they cheat and copy the same stadium across many teams, at least then they can be edited.

8. More shot control, by being able to choose a low tap-in type shot, a medium height shot or a slower curled shot.

9. Have the ability to curl the ball manually with long passes/crosses/shots. Only allow high skilled players to do this, and dont overdo the amount of curl available (a la Sensi Soccer)

10. When a through ball is played to a team-mate, allow the player who passed the ball to keep running (instead of stopping them)

11. More enthusiatic commentary (english), more variation (still 3 Gb free on the DVD!)

12. Less pressure on defenders/midfielders from the opposing side at certain times. In real football a player can (sometimes) have plenty of time on the ball to be able to pick out a long range pass, without the opposing attacker always pressing them

13. More goals from free kicks/corners (but not too much, say 1 in 10 corners?)

14. More obvious tactical changes by the cpu - ie everybody back to defend a 1-0 lead in the last 5 mins.

15. Slightly more injuries + depressed players. I never have to change my starting 11 as much as a real life manager would.

16. Better, more patient build up play from good cpu teams. So that when they score against you feel like they took you apart, rather than them relying on a lucky deflection etc.

17. Penalties that require skill to score/save. Even something like the [] held for more power, at the risk of missing the net, or the alternative to use the Circle button to take a slower, more accurate and easier to save shot.

18. Allow the goalie to throw the ball out earlier to start a counter attack. Its your own fault if you rush it and the attacker steals the ball from you!

19. More in-game emotion (occasional, once every few matches), leading to nasty fouls, red cards, pushing and shoving etc.

20. Dont rely on speed to separate good/bad teams. Lower teams should have less skill, but they should not necessarily all be slow runners..

Do goalies ever save penalties which are bound for the top corner? I don't think so! So why do they in the game, it's totally unrealistic. They definitely need to change the penalty feature.

Doni said:
Quality idea, a librero grande ML starting through the academy all up to the senior lvl, call ups for your country enhancing your reputation, awards history, clubs comin' in for you, choosing your position of choice at the begining. gr8 idea and having the option to become a manager at the end of ur playing career...object of the game to have long succesful career, prolly too much for we9 but gr8 idea as a seperate game for konami.

Fucking great! There's a game that u can do that... like the old player manager.. not very beautiful but really fun: www.championshipsoccer.net
Andreas Oswald Championship Soccer...

I'm really sure it's not difficult to make a single player career in the game... the most difficult they already did, playing good with a single player... just need to add the career stuff

Like Vindaloo, I think that the slowdown needs to be got rid of, we need PL licenses and use of the space left on the dvd should be utilised in some way. Are you listening, Konami?

1)master league shud be like fifa's full english league, serie A, primera liga, french league, dutch league... not like winning eleven's league 1,2,3,4... CRAP

2) proper shooting animations, they seriously look unrealistic

3) proper gk animationse.g 1 handed saves, realistic punches, tip over the top saves... the gk seriously look like wood (football kingdom's goalies are not bad)

4) individual dribbling styles

5) appeal for foul button...

6) grass/mud coming out of the field when sliding or kicking

7) positioning of free kick walls and players during freekicks

8) nets of Football Kingdom (they really make u wanna score)

9) masterleague: if u perform well enough u could be approached to manage national teams

10) increasing diff doesnt means making ur players more stupid

Last edited:
HOME or AWAY or HOME/AWAY RANDOM stadium, so when you start a friendly, if youre playing with milan vs manchester in HOME, you play in san siro, if the option is AWAY, you play in Old trafford, and if the option is the HOME/AWAY RANDOM, you play in one of these two.
should work between games, so whe the game is over, and you select 2 other teams, like chelsea vs barcelona, the options are stamford bridge or nou camp.

Hello

Yes I agree too:

- Third kits
- Players injures during they run!!!
- See the team on the bench and the coach on the grass.....
- More teams
- Specific stats for GK (jump on the air, ability with his foot, on the ground etc....)
- Reintroduce like the "iss on Super Nintendo".....the scenaris.....(WC 2002...Euro 2004 etc...)
- More weather (snow.....rain.....etc..)

And many many others things but on the PS3....it would be possible and I hope the first WE on PS3 won't be so bad as the first one on PS 2 (WE 5, beurkkkkkkk, awful this game!!!)

Bye

-better goalies
-better penalty shooting style, more realistic shoots and saves
-inside curling shots level depends on the player , outside curling shots from players like r.carlos
-No Slowdowns
-More tricks that players can do and also if goalie is out u can push the ball from his left and run from right to meet with the ball and score and to pass players
-Better heading, more control
-Volleys more easier
-Dives would be fun

A power bar for penalties and better 'keepers who dont dive like gimps. I also want to be able to smash in a low hard free kick with Hitzlesperger.

I have thought of a few more.

I want to be able to position the wall at free kicks.
I want to be able to slightly move my keeper when defending free kicks because I always know where my mate is going to aim.
Able to move along your line when trying to save a pen.

Goldenballs said:
I have thought of a few more.

I want to be able to position the wall at free kicks.
I want to be able to slightly move my keeper when defending free kicks because I always know where my mate is going to aim.
Able to move along your line when trying to save a pen.

i got a good idea from this

when there is free kicks, first you move the wall and then player control goes to the goalie and you just can move the goalie around the goal and the shot comes in and u can save it or miss it, this would be so cool instead of now , u cant control wall or keeper when the other team is taking the fk, u can only control after they release the ball which is not good....

They also need to sort the cup draws so there more random and not match the teams you play in the league the following game this has been a problem since ISS PRO EVO and even was a problem in SWOS.

I want a lot to be seen in the new game, but if they only changed ONE thing, then let me set up a league of 4 teams where i can play home AND away!

My mates come round and we play a league, and it really sucks that i have to use a separate laptop to keep a track of the results because round robin mode won't let you play home and away. Just plain stupid.

I like the idea about dives. They would need to implement it very well though. Its something that goes on so much in todays game.

with all this talk about being able to control the wall, i got an idea. since now you can have 2 players over a fk and do an indirect type of freekick, you should be able to control a player in the wall, and rush the shot after the ball is touched. this is very realistic.

here here lettuce!

I have been complaining and been pissed off for far too friggin long, I WANT A.....

W I D E S C R E E N OPTION!!!

Back
Top Bottom