World Cup 2010 - England Thread

Oh .. I thought it was sarcasm, but you were half serious :CONFUSE:
Haha. Well i wasnt joking about some of the foreign players other nations have called as they really have bent the rules but a few others are 2nd generation immigrants so they were the jokes. :)
Like Albi said, he was never eligible to play for England.
No, i said he wasn't eligible, Albi just said Giggs didn't want to play for us. :SMUG: :WOOT:

According to Sky Sports news, they're having clear the air talks tonight, whatever that means.

Terry "If we feel something has to change, we owe it to the country and the manager to say it in that meeting tonight. If it upsets him or any other player, so what"
Hopefully someone will say 'stop playing Gerrard on the left wing"

agreed and this goes to my next question. would you rate almunia higher than rob green and david james? almunia is a player who actually wants to
play for england as well.

i know he makes some bizare mistakes but no as bad as rob green and not as injury prone and old as james.

You know any other foreign players that could play for us?

sorry, but Almunia is awful.

No, i said he wasn't eligible, Albi just said Giggs didn't want to play for us. :SMUG: :WOOT:
Doesn't make a difference to me, you're all cunts! :P

I think it's time to abandon Project Heskey. I always thought Capello would phase the front two into Gerrard/Rooney after the knockout stages but he'll have to speed it up now.

I'm not sure what happened with Joe Cole but he needs to be in the side sooner or later. I can see Capello making drastic changes for the final game.

There've been reports that Capello might resign if they fail to qualify, which sound like rubbish to me. Sounds like the FA trying to cover their tracks if they sack him.

I hope Capello try this formation...

------------- JAMES --------------

JOHNSON - CARRA - TERRY --- A.COLE

------ BARRY -------- LAMPARD ----

GERRARD ----- ROONEY ----- J. COLE

------------- CROUCH -------------

Interesting, I like it as long as Johnson and Cole hug the touch-line and bring the width.

Carragher's suspended though and I thought most people wanted Rooney as far upfront as possible where he can score his tap ins and headers? The rest of his play has been pretty dismal this season.

I'd play
Code:
             James
Johnson  Dawson  Terry  A.Cole
        Barry   Carrick
 J.Cole     Lampard     Gerrard
            Rooney

Ala Brazil. Gerrard and Joe Cole are free to swap around like Robinho and Elano do and this would allow Gerrard freedom and negate the need to track back to help Cole as Carrick and Barry would be shielding and sweeping up. This would also allow Cashley and Johnson to attack more without worrying about leaving too much space in behind. Lampard can play as he does for Chelsea further up and Rooney can be the finisher who ends the plays.

Capello said Upson is going to play with Terry in defence because they got experience playing together in the qualifiers. We will probably see J. Cole starting as well.

This is the line up for Slovenia:
--------------------James--------------------
Johnson--------Upson-----Terry---------A.Cole
------------Barry-----Lampard----------------
Milner------------------------------Gerrard--
------------Defoe---------Rooney-------------

I'd play Carrick over Barry based on Algeria performance. And I certainly wouldn't start Defoe, but that's just me I guess. Is that official or something?

I pictured a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney alone up front and Cole, Gerrard and Lennon behind him, with Barry/Lampard in the middle.

I'd play Carrick over Barry based on Algeria performance. And I certainly wouldn't start Defoe, but that's just me I guess. Is that official or something?

I pictured a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney alone up front and Cole, Gerrard and Lennon behind him, with Barry/Lampard in the middle.

According to sources within the camp and broadcast on 5Live/Talksport. Could be a diamond or a flat 4-4-2.

I don't think he can afford to based on the current defensive situation.

i agree but no player is bigger then a manager. had carragher not been suspended i reckon he would have easily dropped terry.

I agree, if Rio was here and King fit, Terry would be out on his arse. I think Capello will drop from the first squad after the World Cup to make a point.

What have he said?

that their problems among players and will ask for a meeting to clear the air :LOL: you can`t take the captain out of him . I`m sure there were talks due to frustration but not as big as terry expressed to the media think he even spoke about Coles role on the team lol

What have he said?

that their problems among players and will ask for a meeting to clear the air :LOL: you can`t take the captain out of him . I`m sure there were talks due to frustration but not as big as terry expressed to the media think he even spoke about Coles role on the team lol
also said heskey should not play but have gerard play behind rooney

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Well it looks like Gerrard's still on the left.

James
Johnson Upson Terry A.Cole
Milner Lampard Barry Gerrard
Defoe Rooney

Unless he plays 4-3-1-2 with Milner, Barry and Lampard across the middle and Gerrard in a free role behind the front two.

Another game without anyone on the left providing some balance then.

how odd. that line up really lacks pace, which I would have thought might be kinda handy.

Well fingers crossed is about all we can do at this point. Come on lads...!

I do hope England goes through. Only because I want them to face Argentina and want Messi to score one with the hand and another one dribbling the whole england defense.

PS: Sorry for the joke. Actually, I want England to go through because I want the best teams to go through and because I think England has a lot to say in the tournament and I like many of their players.

Oh, well, and I also like a lot of you guys, so... good luck!!!

Much much better so far, keeping the ball, using the whole pitch (the left!), Milners crossing has been superb.

Need a 2nd now, from Rooney I hope, come on England!

Back
Top Bottom