World Cup 2010 - The Portugal Thread - Acabou-se - It's over

Re: World Cup 2010 - The Portugal Thread - Um sonho, uma ambição... Portugal campeão!

When is the next Portugal game? :)

Re: World Cup 2010 - The Portugal Thread - Um sonho, uma ambição... Portugal campeão!

Monday... and I won't see the game due to the damn History exam. :RANT:

But they probably don't. :P :LOL:

So far:

R. Carvalho + Coentrão + Meireles = Good
Miguel + Ronaldo = Disappointing... again.

Is the half-time graphic good?!??!? Fouls 10-0 ?

Haven't seen the game but contemplating the second half. Saw official half-time highlights and it looked like a really close match. Which it should not have been.

where is ronaldo?
in this wc10, ronaldo is missing complety

well, better ronaldo in this second half

but, have bad luck to face goal

His goal made me laugh :).
7-0 !

7-0 :D :D
Força Portugal !!

LOL Portugal fertilized Korea DPR :LOL:

I didn't expect this...

damn you should at least stop with 4 goal... seven is to much and i fear for the guys of north korea...

God knows what avaits them...back home

Now that's something like it... 7-0!!!:SHOCK: Portugueses have simply crushed the North Korea! Good fellows!:APPLAUD:

Yeah, I felt pity for them too..I hope nothing happens to them...

Anyway, I still think we'll have a reality check against Brazil.

Fábio Coentrão..what a player!

Same opinion. :)

this should give you lots the confidence to beat brasil I loved the cheeky goal ronaldo did.... he looked so relaxed and having a fun time great performance :WORSHIP: :WORSHIP: :WORSHIP:

amazing !!

That's what i call goleada, Ivory Coast' chances now are almost zero :D

That's what's going to happen.. I don't think they can recover from a -9 goals deficit. They would need to beat Korea by many and expect us to be beaten by you by many too..

And about avoiding Spain...it's hard to guess what will come from that group. It's even possible Spain won't get thru.

that`s what I saw in him at the U17 WC a few years ago...he is having a good combination w/ Ronaldo today

You'll have to make sure he gets an improved contract to keep hold of him amigo. ;)

Really excelled. Some very nice goals though Ronaldo himself would have preferred to score that screamer rather than fortuitous back to head to foot effort. ;)

You can only beat what is infront of you. Nice spectacle and some very nice fans in the stadium. ;)

Maybe the excess water in the pitch also helped as most pitches have been too dry.

Great news for the goals column. I don't think they'll be showing the game in Pyongyang tomorrow.

Holy crap on a cracker!

Leaved the exam and immediately asked for the match result. All guys answered me 7-0! 7-0! 7-0!!!!!. I thought they were kidding me! (sorry Francisca, don't get upset with me) :LOL:

Oh dear how can I've lost this game?

"Goals are like ketchup." :LMAO:

Cheers amigos!

It's also important then don't suddenly stop :P

Good score. Certain qualification...

Can't wait for a Portugal-Spain eight' final

that`s what I saw in him at the U17 WC a few years ago...he is having a good combination w/ Ronaldo today

Hmmm..are you sure it wasn't a U20 WC in Canada? I only found his highlights from a match...he was already amazing that time (check the video). He used to play as a left winger, but this season Jorge Jesus (Benfica coach) decided to try him as a left back, and he turned out to be great...he was always very promising but he was having trouble to settle (had a very dissapointing 6 months loan at Zaragoza). Seems like we found our left back for the next 10 years in the national team...that position, along with the striker has always been a problem for us.

About giving him an improved contract..that's true, he's already being followed close by some important teams..it is said Bayern Munich is very interested in him, but even today he said he loves Benfica and wants to stay another season (which makes sense, since he only started playing as a LB this season and he's not fully prepared...he better get more experience, Champions League, etc before jumping to another league).

YouTube - Fabio Coentrão

yeah it was that 1 in (WC U-20)canada players like Aguero,di Maria,Altidore,Suarez,dos Santos really made an impression on me ,but Coentrao`s style made him my favorite out of the lot.

It's not for sale! :P

Stupid referee... -.-

Nice defensive concistency. Pressure and positioning were also good.
Overall the plan of this game was successful, no goals suffered (again), Brazil eventually was frustrated and had no ideas since the creative mind was missing to figure it out and Maicon was kinda scared since Ronaldo started to hug his side a bit more often then on the right. Too bad a creative Meireles or Tiago were missing, otherwhise a through ball to Ronaldo could have been letal.

Back
Top Bottom