WWE Legends of WrestleMania

Pre-ordered for the 360.

Why didnt you go PS3?

Mind you... I've just come back from a walk to Blockbuster with the missus and she virtually talked me into getting (my 4th) 360...!

Just thinking about it now - I'm about 70/30 in favour of getting it... someone come into the 360 thread and help me out!

Well I'll go halves with my mate so will only cost me £15 so that's the main reason :)

Get a 360 too mate. Best of both worlds then :)

I think I've pre-ordered from ShopTo :LOL:. It said I needed a card on my account to pre-order so I put in my brand new bank card which is a VISA, (literally 4 days old - but has been activated by me and used in a shop and worked). So I put it on there but it says refused... So I've put my old card on instead, which expires 03/09 on there and that worked. So I guess it's OK to use my old card until the END of this month?

You should be okay . My card expired at the end of February and Killzone 2 was coming out at the end so I was worried in case my card expired on something dumb like the 23rd and shopto would be trying to do my order for the a day later and it would fail and I'd miss the game.

But I was fine. I'm just hoping that Shopto put the orders through early in the week again so I stand a good chance at getting it Wednesday or Thursday...

th1231539871614.gif

Then I will be able to get the drop on Andre dude, and when I have him out of breath brother, leaning on the ropes.... he'll feel the power of Hulkamania!

that saying is completely being obsalete with other services being free and does almost an equal job at it ;) they should at least reduce the price?

Agree with Jonney on this - there is no problem at all with the PSN service - maybe at the start, but not now.

I very rarely get any lag problems etc, the store is good and they are improving it.

That said, I was VERY impressed with the new NXE on the 360 yesterday. The online was flawless, chat as good as being in the same room and all the dashboard friend integration/achievements/game stats/store etc are all better than the PS3.

I still think for being free though, PSN shows up M$ a bit.

back on topic, whats the main difference between this game and smackdown09? S09 is cheap to buy now so i may just get that instead and just make these legendary characters on mine.

are there guides on the net on how to create The rock and all these otehr legendary wrestlers in S09?

Agree with Jonney on this - there is no problem at all with the PSN service - maybe at the start, but not now.

I very rarely get any lag problems etc, the store is good and they are improving it.

That said, I was VERY impressed with the new NXE on the 360 yesterday. The online was flawless, chat as good as being in the same room and all the dashboard friend integration/achievements/game stats/store etc are all better than the PS3.

I still think for being free though, PSN shows up M$ a bit.

MS should art least reduce the cost. i mean paying £40 a year so you can chat a bit better and have a interface that looks nicer and better layed out? is that really worth the extra £40 a year over a free alternative service that works well for what it is?

You could in fact toss in PSN Home as part of the ps3's internet service and you probably have an overall service that is as good if not better then the NXE when you combine and include all the features each service has.

MS should art least reduce the cost. i mean paying £40 a year so you can chat a bit better and have a interface that looks nicer and better layed out? is that really worth the extra £40 a year over a free alternative service that works well for what it is?

You could in fact toss in PSN Home as part of the ps3's internet service and you probably have an overall service that is as good if not better then the NXE when you combine and include all the features each service has.

Good point with Home, forgot about that (which is maybe the problem as I rarely use it at the moment - sure it will come good though).

With the XBL, I got 13 months for £28 last night on Ebay, so you dont have to pay top dollar.

Aaaand, back on topic, Legends has a totally different control scheme and plays more like an arcade game. SvR is pretty good, but uses all the buttons of the controller and can over complicate itself at times - still worth getting (I saw it for 19.99 pre-owned in BB last night on 360)...

SvR has more modes and, while still being quite arcadish, is trying to be more of a sim. Wrestlemania is clearly an arcade game aimed at quick matches and won't have the depth that SvR has.

But the way the matches play out in Wrestlemania is much more ... fun I guess is the right word. Seeing the moves being pulled off is a treat, the camera angles add a lot to the game and the QTE's are awesome.

Not sure how long Wrestlemania will last once the novelty has worn off as there's no career mode as such but it'll be great for throwing on of a weekend along with a few drinks with mates :)

I'll throw on SvR now and then but not sure how much I'll play it when I get Wrestlemania :)

I'd pick up SvR though. The Road To Wrestlemania mode is interesting enough and worth playing through.

L.O.D vs Hart Foundation Match
http://gamingring.com/news/?p=3817

For anyone wondering what 'vengeance' is...

Here is the description in the game for the Vengeance meter.

Hot Tag:
Vengeance System

When opposing team's illegal competitor enters the ring, the red meter increases. If your team's illegal competitor enters the ring, the red meter will decrease. While illegal opponent is interfering, rapidly press A button to fill the yellow meter. A hot tag is initiated when the Vengeance meter is full and normal tag occurs.

When the Vengeance meter is charged, tagging in your partner has certain benefits for a limited period of time.
1. Chain Gauge charges up twice
2. Attack power goes up 40%
3. Recover 25% of Health
4. Attacks cannot be reversed by opponent
5. Will not get groggy; fast recovery when down

-

If you want 'created Wrestlers' There really is only one place to look.

http://www.caws.ws/forum/

There is a 'SVR09' tab at the top which has most of the created wrestlers in an A to Z archive. If it's not there then it's either not been made or it's not been submitted into the archives so you can try searching for it in the PS3 and 360 caw sections for SVR09. There are a lot of really good CAWS not in the A to Z, on the 360 for example 'The D' never submits his CAWs because they always get rated as 1/10 by people even when they look great, so he just doesn't bother. So you'll find his stuff in the 360 section by searching for say 'Cactus Jack' then going onto his profile and selecting 'Find all topic'.

You get what you pay for imo.

Yup, shoddy hardware and then £30 ish for a great online service full of 12 year olds shouting 'RAPE' POWNED' and shouting at their mums to get them drinks.

Last edited:
can you use your vary own custom music for a wrestlers entrance? how many CAW's can you save?

does it matter what section the wrestler was made from? because you said i could search in the 360 place?

30 caws per profile.

And yes you can use mp3s for your wrestlers entrances. i'm not sure how you get it to work on the 360, but on ps3 you can copy mp3s over with a usb drive or go to a certain website i know of and you can download nearly any theme you'd want direct onto your ps3 using the ps3 browser.

L.O.D vs Hart Foundation Match
http://gamingring.com/news/?p=3817

For anyone wondering what 'vengeance' is...

-

If you want 'created Wrestlers' There really is only one place to look.

[B]http://www.caws.ws/forum/[/B]

There is a 'SVR09' tab at the top which has most of the created wrestlers in an A to Z archive. If it's not there then it's either not been made or it's not been submitted into the archives so you can try searching for it in the PS3 and 360 caw sections for SVR09. There are a lot of really good CAWS not in the A to Z, on the 360 for example 'The D' never submits his CAWs because they always get rated as 1/10 by people even when they look great, so he just doesn't bother. So you'll find his stuff in the 360 section by searching for say 'Cactus Jack' then going onto his profile and selecting 'Find all topic'.

Yup, shoddy hardware and then £30 ish for a great online service full of 12 year olds shouting 'RAPE' POWNED' and shouting at their mums to get them drinks.

I agree with you but here's some caws sites that are worth looking at.

http://svrseries.com/
http://caws.smacktalks.org/svr/index.php
http://cawsearch.com/svr2009/caws.php
http://moretzzz.proboards79.com/index.cgi

I am surprisingly looking forward to this

A different genre to play for a change and a chance to revive some memories

:LOL: That's brilliant, can't actually put the wrestlers in but we'll put all of the kit in for you to make him spot-on :LOL:

They did that a few years ago and got sued over it. I think it was the 3rd or 4th smackdown game? If you picked face template 3, eyes 3, brow 3, mouth 3, hair 3 etc... you'd get a Hulk hogan face for example. So they were in there without them actually having the rights to have them - but then someone kicked off and they never did it again.

I guess attires though can't be copyrighted by the individual wrestler especially as those attires were used in the WWE.

Anyone know when Shopto are posting the orders? Someone always seem to post info on here saying 'oh they said the stocks in now and they'll post tonight' but how do they find that out?

I didn't know they had forums - doh.

Can't see anywhere where you can ask about stocks - do they announce it or do people usually post threads asking for info?

Back
Top Bottom