WWE Legends of WrestleMania

The video/link works for me.
--

Is looking that way!
4 player online too and with all the CAW stuff (including Create a Tag Team), should be enough to get all the old missing legends on. I read somewhere that all the parts are in to make missing legends like Macho Man.

Some pics of the caw mode that show parts from past wrestlers.
wwe-legends-of-wrestlemania-20090212001840017_640w.jpg

Doink's and Macho Man's jackets.

wwe-legends-of-wrestlemania-20090212001855611_640w.jpg

Mankind shirt and wild Samoan hair

gonz.png
gonz2.png

Giant Gonzales

demo-1.png

Demolition's wrists

There are a few more but nothing special - necklaces and jackets that would suit razor ramon, entrance robes, crowns, bossman police shirt, rowdy piper shirt etc...

Really, really hyped for this!

Edit for bold - I noticed that in the finishers too - when Warrior has Hulk up for the gorilla press, the "Y" comes up, which I assume means if Warrior hits it first, he finishes the move, if Hulk hits it, he can escape?

Yes, There's a video from a while ago showing hogan attempting to do his finisher on Andre. The first time he whips him into the ropes and attempts the big boot but the player controling Andre gets in first and avoids the boot and clubs hogan over his back.

Later he tries again and this time hits the big boot - runs into the ropes and as he comes off he leaps for the leg drop and Andre gets in first and rolls out of the way.

Nope. Just the big black box with a few lines of text and a comment box :(

Looks worse than Smackdown vs Raw to me

Wrestling games just never seem to flow right

Posted by Ryan on the caws.ws forums

Here are the CONFIRMED WrestleMania Tour matches:

RELIVE
WrestleMania 2: WWE Championship - Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan
WrestleMania III: WWE Championship - Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant w/ Bobby Heenan
WrestleMania VI: Intercontinental and WWE Championship - Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan
WrestleMania VII: WWE Championship - Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter
WrestleMania 13: Submission Match - Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold
WrestleMania XIV: WWE Championship - Stone Cold vs. Shawn Michaels
WrestleMania XV: WWE Championship - Stone Cold vs. The Rock

REWRITE
WrestleMania I: Intercontinental Championship - Junkyard Dog vs. Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

REDEFINE
WrestleMania I: Hell in a Cell - Andre The Giant vs. Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan

There are still matches left for WrestleManias III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, and XII, and they're either Rewrite or Redefine (we already know all of the Relive matches).

here's the possibilities with the confirmed superstars -

WrestleMania 2

WWF Title Match in a steel cage: Champ Hulk Hogan Vs King Kong Bundy

WrestleMania 3

- The Honky Tonk Man Vs Jake Roberts
- WWF Title: Champion Hulk Hogan Vs Andre the Giant

WrestleMania 4

- WWF Title Tournament Round 1: Ted DiBiase Vs Jim Duggan
- WWF Title Tournament Round 1: Rick Rude Vs Jake Roberts
- I-C Title: Brutus Beefcake Vs Champion The Honky Tonk
- WWF Title Tournament Quarterfinals: Hulk Hogan Vs Andre the Giant

WrestleMania 5

- Ted DiBiase Vs Brutus Beefcake
- Jake Roberts Vs Andre the Giant - Big John Studd was referee
- I-C Title: Rick Rude Vs Champion The Ultimate Warrior

WrestleMania 6

- Brutus Beefcake Vs Curt Hennig
- Ted DiBiase Vs Jake Roberts
- Rick Rude Vs Jimmy Snuka
- WWF Title & I-C Title: The Ultimate Warrior Vs Hulk Hogan

WrestleMania 7

- I-C Title: Champion Mr Perfect Vs Big Bossman
- The Undertaker Vs Jimmy Snuka
- WWF Title: Hulk Hogan Vs Champion Sgt. Slaughter

WrestleMania 8

- Undertaker Vs Jake Roberts
- I-C Title: Bret Hart Vs Roddy Piper

WrestleMania 9

- WWF Title Match: Champion Bret Hart Vs Yokozuna
- WWF Title Match 2: Hulk Hogan Vs Champion Yokozuna

WrestleMania 10

- WWF Title Match 2: Bret Hart Vs Champion Yokozuna - Roddy Piper was guest referee

WrestleMania 11

- The Undertaker Vs King Kong Bundy

WrestleMania 12

- The Ultimate Warrior Vs Hunter Hearst Helmsley
- 60 minute Iron Man Match for WWF Title: Shawn Michaels Vs Champion Bret Hart

WrestleMania 13

- Submission Match: Bret Hart Vs Steve Austin

WrestleMania 14

- WWF Title Match: Champion Shawn Michaels Vs Stone Cold

WrestleMania 15

- Hell in a Cell: Undertaker Vs The Big Bossman
- WWF Title Match: Champion The Rock Vs Stone Cold

Demo is out on XBL -

Game Modes - Relive is the only choice
- Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock

Extibition - Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant
- Choice of Bobby H. as a manager of either superstar you choose.

Last edited:
Store updated :) Downloading now...

===

Here we go! will report back shortly...

HOGANS ENTRANCE!!!!! :) Big smile!!!

Title on line - Hogan v Andre (w/Heanen)

Graphics better than SvR for me - player models are superb and the old-skool WWF overlays are cool...

Match was a bit disjointed as I didnt know the controls, but won.

Now Rock v Austin - the pre match vid is superb - been on about 3 mins so far, its like a real WWF Promo from back in the attitude era...

Much better match - had a good flow and the 'relive' objectives work well in the match. The QTEs are cool, but I wonder if they will get old?

All in all, still a definite buy for me - for under £30 its a no-brainer.

Last edited:
I love it - i like that the finishers are QTE's - it should add a lot to the game and mean that you can make a dramatic comeback reversing a finisher and then hitting your own for a huge pop.

How did you choose Rock v Austin? I only got given Hulk I think?

Edit: Found The Rock :D Played my first match, MILES better than SVR! I love QTE's and this does them really well, definately picking this up :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a great Rock/Austin - back and forth and Rock went under the ring for a chair. Ended up both busted open and I hit the stunner, 1...2...3 - NEW CHAMP! :LOL:

Like the way the belt stays with the winner - prob the same on SvR?

Yeah I think this is the most fun I've had on a wrestling game for a good few years. The QTE finishers really add a lot so even if the opponent gets theirs you can still mount a come back and win.

March 20th can't come soon enough

The intro part before the matches is brilliant

cant beat looking back at when wrestling was in its prime, im off to play now....

Wonder if you HAVE to be Austin though - or if you can take the opposite role in the relive... I suppose thats would be a 'rewrite' wouldnt it?

you have to be austin in that match - Relive are separate matches than rewrite. Rewrite are classic matches but you play the loser, and redine changes the rules so the one we know is Andre vs John Studd in a hell in the cell

Cant say ill be playing it again

The moves are repetitive and it never does what you want it to do plus the AI is shit. For a minute straight The Rock was punching me twice so he knocked me to the floor then picked me up and repeated, the same thing happened when he had a chair as well. Does the reverse button work at all

Downloaded this and think that it is brilliant. Players models are superb and once I got used to the gameplay it is superb and much better than SvR. As others have said the QTE are very good addition, even the ring entrances are done really well.

I'll be buying this.

The moves are repetitive and it never does what you want it to do plus the AI is shit. For a minute straight The Rock was punching me twice so he knocked me to the floor then picked me up and repeated, the same thing happened when he had a chair as well. Does the reverse button work at all

yep felt exact same. don't get me wrong, the graphics and how players look is amazing but i don't buy games purely for graphics. no fun in that.

legends of wrestlemania = :FAIL:

What are QTEs?!

I think the game is OK, need to play it a bit more and explore. The buttons will take a long time to master as there is so much you can do! One gripe is that when doing the stone cold stunner, you press X+A, he jumps on the rock and does the face punches, then while the rocks on the floor does the elbow drop, and then the next thing you see the rock is standing up and austin does a stunner?! Makes it so unrealistic :((.

Like I say though, I will play it more today no doubt, also looking forward to trying all the different game modes when it is actually released! Especially Hell in a Cell with Mankind :)).

Yea, there is definitely some animation jumps in, but I think for an arcade game its fine.

i.e. once I am sure I pinned Andre near the centre of the ring, next thing Heanan is pulling his leg onto the ropes (great touch BTW!), but it really didnt bother me as it was a typical WWF moment and made it more authentic and also, I believe it costs a special to get your manager involved, so it wont happen all the time.

Gonna make for some great moments in matches, like get all hyped up, drop the special, 1!!...2!!... thr... NO!!! NO!!! FOOT ON THE ROPES!!! :LOL:

Expect an update from Coopz at some stage today where he has changed his mind totally about the game...

What are QTEs?!

I think the game is OK, need to play it a bit more and explore. The buttons will take a long time to master as there is so much you can do! One gripe is that when doing the stone cold stunner, you press X+A, he jumps on the rock and does the face punches, then while the rocks on the floor does the elbow drop, and then the next thing you see the rock is standing up and austin does a stunner?! Makes it so unrealistic :((.

Like I say though, I will play it more today no doubt, also looking forward to trying all the different game modes when it is actually released! Especially Hell in a Cell with Mankind :)).

QTE
Quick Time Events - the button prompt parts.

I know what you mean about the animations jumping around - I read that it was the only way of keeping the action fast paced for the QTE's - so it should show your wrestler beating the opponent up with their signature moves leading to the big finish. Instead of having them punch someone, then wait a while as they lift them to their feet, punch them again, wait a while lift them up, turn them around... stunner.

Quick word - there is NO MANKIND. He left WWE for TNA so Vince pulled him from the game. You can still make him in CAW mode though and you can always use one of the Mick Foley CAWs from Smackdown 2009 if you're not wanting to spend hours making him yourself.

I'm gagging for this game - I'm a huge 80's/90's WWF fan and can't wait to start adding in created wrestlers (Caw's comes from the Create A Wrestler option. If you make a few created wrestlers you have CAW's)

I'm gagging for this game - I'm a huge 80's/90's WWF fan and can't wait to start adding in created wrestlers

Me too, watched a WWE Classics episode on Sky Sports the other day and it got me so pumped about this game. It was the first Wrestlemania with Hulk Hogan and Mr T, brilliant :LOL:

Are Superfly and Rocky Johnson in the game aswell? I suppose we could always make them if not.

Back
Top Bottom