WWE Legends of WrestleMania

I Couldn't run, Irish whip, pick people up or do a finishing move :LOL:

So is A the main button now then? do you press A then a direction for 4 different moves and then hold A and a different direction for another 4? because i keep doin the same moves!!!

Now the grapple has been taken out the moves are hit and miss

what's the best way to get an opponent groggy? i guess its just pick him up off the floor isn't it?

Yeah - everyone only has small moves sets (i assume because they actually only had small movesets in real life). Tapping the grapple button does the small moves - double tap does some and holding does the big moves which are hard to get in with andre kicking your head in.

I've had the AI make me groggy - I'm not sure how it happened though, and Andre ran off the ropes and gave me a big boot while I stood there dizzy. Picking your opponent up seems to allow you time to get a grapple in (i think you move the left stick away from them on the floor and tap the grapple button)

I think some of the moves are quite clumsy to do but i thought throwing them into the corner was clumsy and picking them up off the floor and then i clicked how to get them to work.

Last edited:
I'm buying this game, the demo is great and the video in it brings back memories.

I hope you can change the camera though, its too close.

Last edited:
Result. The game has already sold a few copies through this thread alone :LOL:

I don't think we can plug other forums here can we?

I was going to say I'm a member on a forum that's for the older WWF era of wrestling if anyone fancied having a look. It's called 'WWF Legends Kingdom' which should come up on a google search.

Just if anyone fancied joining up for some old school chat over there - we've been stream old ppv's every weekend in a build up for this game so everyone there is about to burst come the 20th.

I'm really pumped for this game, i love the QTE's and there are tag versions in the game as well which should be interesting. Then there are the royal rumble matches which they say have been changed slightly from the WWE Smackdown games.

I can't wait to load up a game with Bret Hart against HBK or Hogan against a created Macho Man or I'll team up Ultimate Warrior with Hogan and take on Sgt slaughter and Iron Sheik in the match made in hell

I don't think we can plug other forums here can we?

I was going to say I'm a member on a forum that's for the older WWF era of wrestling if anyone fancied having a look. It's called 'WWF Legends Kingdom' which should come up on a google search.

Just if anyone fancied joining up for some old school chat over there - we've been stream old ppv's every weekend in a build up for this game so everyone there is about to burst come the 20th.

I'm really pumped for this game, i love the QTE's and there are tag versions in the game as well which should be interesting. Then there are the royal rumble matches which they say have been changed slightly from the WWE Smackdown games.

I can't wait to load up a game with Bret Hart against HBK or Hogan against a created Macho Man or I'll team up Ultimate Warrior with Hogan and take on Sgt slaughter and Iron Sheik in the match made in hell

Cool, the way this game works shows how far SvR has drifted from being accessible.

Had another couple of really good Rock/Austin matches. Took Rock out to the announce table and JR is sitting there! Couldnt get Rock on the table though.

The weapons are really nicely done, with some QTE moves thrown in too.

With the full roster and modes, this is gonna be awesome.

Not looked forward to a game like this since... ooooo Killzone 2 :LOL:

You're forgetting something pbbb-bbbbbbbbbb. they would never break the American announce tables - it has to be the foreign/Spanish table.

I managed to do the Rock vs Austin match last night - I love that the Rock sells the stunner exactly how he took it in real life. You can see that the relive matches are going to have MUCH more than the exhibitions can offer... lots of specifics that can only be done there.

In the warrior/Hogan videos they do the double closeline and then warrior gets to his feet and shakes the ropes.

Things like that will mean you can always re do a match you have completed 100% just for the fun of seeing those extra specifics. It would have been nice to have those in Exhibition mode but there are just going to be far too many combinations of wrestlers to get them all working together really.

I heard that they showed a few clips on WWE 24/7 classics on demand the other night and it showed Ted Dibiase stuffing dollar bills into the guys mouth after he's beaten them. I love that they've added those kinds of small details.

Thought it was ok, I hated the controls, will try and get used to them and see if start to like it more.

You're forgetting something pbbb-bbbbbbbbbb. they would never break the American announce tables - it has to be the foreign/Spanish table.

I managed to do the Rock vs Austin match last night - I love that the Rock sells the stunner exactly how he took it in real life. You can see that the relive matches are going to have MUCH more than the exhibitions can offer... lots of specifics that can only be done there.

In the warrior/Hogan videos they do the double closeline and then warrior gets to his feet and shakes the ropes.

Things like that will mean you can always re do a match you have completed 100% just for the fun of seeing those extra specifics. It would have been nice to have those in Exhibition mode but there are just going to be far too many combinations of wrestlers to get them all working together really.

I heard that they showed a few clips on WWE 24/7 classics on demand the other night and it showed Ted Dibiase stuffing dollar bills into the guys mouth after he's beaten them. I love that they've added those kinds of small details.

They also have the Undertaker 'sit up' too and you can use Paul Bearer and the Urn to gain power!

I like the power-up system. I.e. using specific taunts to gain short term boosts (check out the tutorial if you havent seen it)...

Last edited:
OK as CW said i have changed my mind, as i normally do

I threw all the previous SD stuff out the window and stopped button mashing now the game has come into its own

I did all the challenges in relive match and beat the rock with a QTE linked stunner at the end, i was reversing and doin all the QTEs very easily by the end of it and enjoyed it :)

The only downside is that come the full game i dont know if there will be enough current stuff that will make me wanna play it, i know nothing about the Hogan vs Bundy, Junkyard Dog vs Greg Valentine, Andre The Giant vs Big John Studd ect so it may lose its gimmick to me very quickly

OK as CW said i have changed my mind, as i normally do

I threw all the previous SD stuff out the window and stopped button mashing now the game has come into its own

I did all the challenges in relive match and beat the rock with a QTE linked stunner at the end, i was reversing and doin all the QTEs very easily by the end of it and enjoyed it :)

The only downside is that come the full game i dont know if there will be enough current stuff that will make me wanna play it, i know nothing about the Hogan vs Bundy, Junkyard Dog vs Greg Valentine, Andre The Giant vs Big John Studd ect so it may lose its gimmick to me very quickly

Thats where the build up vids come in... if they are anything like the quality of the Rock/Austin one, you will get a good idea of the fueds that led to the matches...

No its back to face buttons like it used to be.

As for not knowing a lot about the OLD guys - King Kong Bundy is before my time as well - I don't think i got into wrestling as a kid until around Wrestlemania 5. As pbbbbbbbbbb said they have the video packages explaining the back story for the match and then showing how the actual match went down. Then you have the list of objectives to follow.

Oh wow - I've just like discovered a whole new side to the game.

I thought when you got them on the ropes as it flashed up with the 4 face buttons, pressing any would give random results but it's not.

If you knock them onto the ropes, one button closelines them over the top, 2 do something like grapple moves and another starts a QTE chain move off.

You can do them in the corners, on the ropes, by the announce table and against the ring apron. It's like I've just found a whole new set of hidden moves that i didn't know of until today!

Still no sign of Hulk Hulking up though which is a shame. I'm guessing it will be in the Relive part of the game but it really should have been there in exhibition as well as it was one of his major moves.

-

Some new news

16 arenas and a special royal rumble arena in the game
Sgt Slaughter has an Alt Attire - his Iraqi gear
Koko B Ware has an alt attite - Unkown at this time
Chariots make a appearance in wm 9 arena

More being revealed here live at the moment
http://twitter.com/mikeGamingring?page=1

Last edited:
Is there any word on if you can just do the finisher when you want without the other two 'linking moves' before it? I can imagine it become quite tiresome if you're having an epic match with a mate and you have to go through the 3 move QTE every time you want to do your finisher.

I doubt it - one of the main features of this game over the smackdown games was the QTE finishers. And if you're having an Epic match already, what better way to finish it off with a quick flurry and then a big finish and pinfall?

You can always just hit the wrestlers signature move instead of the QTE finisher so say for the Rock you can do his Rock Bottom finish which is a strong grapple at level 3 instead of his QTE the corporate elbow.

Still no sign of Hulk Hulking up though which is a shame. I'm guessing it will be in the Relive part of the game but it really should have been there in exhibition as well as it was one of his major moves.

Press :triangle::circle: together. When he does his taunt isn't that his Hulking up? He does his signature flexes and then grits his teeth for the final grrrr - if you know what I mean :D

What I'm looking for it this;
YouTube - The Rock vs Hulk Hogan Wrestlemania X8 Higlights

At the 1:50 ish mark after the Rock Bottom. Though he usually does it by getting punched a few times so he drops down to his knees, then he'd start to shake as they hit him, then he'd get up to his feet shaking, walk around them ... then he'd stop, point at them, wave his finger to say 'no'. Then they throw a punch, he blocks and comes back with 3 punches usually sending them into the ropes and then he'd do his big boot.

-

Some new info from Gamingring

Hello everyone, Mike here from the always bustling LAX airport waiting to catch my flight. THQ gave us new media and I got about 3 of the screens for your viewing enjoyment. I also want to give some information on how the import feature will work in WWE Legends of Wrestlemania.

First and foremost every WWE Superstar in WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 will be imported into the Legends roster if you have a save file on your harddrive. If you have any create a superstars those can also be imported.

If any of those characters have create a finishers those finishing moves WILL not be brought over.

The finishing moves, character selection screen models, entrances, theme music, titan trons, finishing moves will be in the game. All though they will use the Legends of Wrestlemania control system. qpp

This gives WWE Legends of Wrestlemania the largest roster of a WWE game to date.

Look for this feature to continue in future WWE video games.

It does not appear that there are hidden wrestlers and THQ clarified in the interview we conducted that everyone is unlocked from the start.

Yes there is custom soundtracks in the 360 version. I verified this myself.

Some cool looking additions in the create a legends mode. I am liking it.

You can have Legends of Wrestlemania Taker or HHH take on SVR Taker or HHH but you cant compete in a match with the same character model so no LOWM Bam Bam vs LOWM Bam Bam

Speaking of Bam Bam, there is a very cool new feature in the hell in the cell. When you throw your opponent or get thrown off the cell threw a table the game does 3 different replays from different camera angles showing the impact and fall. Looks like it hurts.

Several new Royal Rumble elimination animations. It appears the Rumble does play the same. It does seem that it is harder to throw your opponent over.

I played Sgt Slaughter and beat him. He cobra clutched me after wards. He maybe a hall of famer but he does not taking well to losing.

Had a blast talking with him telling Wrestling stories.

brutus-beefcake-vs-honky-tonk-man-01.jpg

hart-foundation-vs-road-warriors-01.jpg

mr-perfect-vs-ric-flair-01.jpg

koko-b-ware-vs-yokozuna-01.jpg

Royal Rumble 96 Arena Confirmed
andre-vs-jake-the-snake-01.jpg

bam-bam-bigelow-vs-big-bossman-01.jpg

Sweet jesus! How good does this look? LOD look fucking superb.

I know its stupid as I'm 32, but when Hogans music kicked in on the demo I got shivers down my spine - and looking at the LOD image, I imagine the same will happen...

"WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAHHHH WWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAT AAAA RRUUUUUUSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Hope its easy to CAW Demolition, for some LOD v Demolition action.

Oh and how good are those character models BTW?

Thats cool!

Arn Andersons music was used for a Summerslam - 1991 I think. Great event that... think the main event was Hulk/Brutas v Zeus/Macho...

Ohhh I know what you mean Rad the YOUU!!!! pointing part, yeah I can't seem to get that either. Hope it's in.

Back
Top Bottom