eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

The last patch 5 doesn't working by me. I followed instructions but somehow it looks like i blew it. Any chance that somehow somebody made me an tutorial for an idiot like me?

is anyone playing 2020 on a gtx770m? i get stutter.

if you do and you get smooth gameplay, any chance of posting up your Nvidia pes 2020 settings, please?

I have SLI disabled - I think that was based on past attempts at getting 2018 and 19 to be smooth. thanks

is anyone playing 2020 on a gtx770m? i get stutter.

if you do and you get smooth gameplay, any chance of posting up your Nvidia pes 2020 settings, please?

I have SLI disabled - I think that was based on past attempts at getting 2018 and 19 to be smooth. thanks
For your question about d-pad and L'stick setting, i found a "shorter" way. Inside match you press pause/select sides/press :square:/pick second option "edit personal data??" IIRC.
Basically i didn't find, i remembered launching my PES after 2 weeks.

Some of my mods today arent working with sider. is it because of the latest update ? (DP6). IF yes, do I have to wait for the latest sider?

from the first link i got up to :

download_depot 996470 996471 1212460246572658083

unfortunately it says "depot download failed : manifest not available"

:(

Edit : okay just seen in the comments that you have to do some other stuff to download depots now. i'll come back to this later....its getting on my tits

managed to get download depot working, currently downloading 1.1 and so forth. I'll report back later - I really want to test out speedserver first, since that works on the earlier versions. I'll upload to mega or other hosting sites on request.

EDIT: good news, version 1.1 of the game still works with the older version of sider, and speedserver too. still running some further tests. shocking how differently the game plays when you take out the ebb and flow mechanic...

EDIT2: all right, so getting a bit lazy and my upload speed is terrible, so here's the way to get depot working.

1. download this repository and unpack to wherever : https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader
2. run the depotdownloader dll from this directory:
DepotDownloader-master\DepotDownloader\bin\Release\netcoreapp2.0\DepotDownloader.dll
use the command as follows:
dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app 996470 -depot 996471 -manifest 4740911837254756499 -username <your username> -password <your password>

4740911837254756499 manifest refers to the 1.1 version of the game. you'll have to run the command a second time for the second set of files with 996472 for the second depot , but with the same manifest for 1.1. it's about 30GB for the files, so get some coffee while that finishes.

make sure your stateflag in the appmanifest file is set to 4, but it should be already set if your game is up to date. What you're doing here is overwriting the files and reverting to 1.1.

sider 6.0.1 from juce is confirmed working, at least with speedserver
https://mapote.com/pes/sider-6.0.1.zip

still working on the evo web patch but that should be working too.

Last edited:
hello guys i m new in evoweb i just wanna give my opinion so i played pes for many years and this year i didn t like the gameplay but they improve in graphics i used ur evoweb patch and it s great i just wanna ask u if there is any data file for gameplay like pes 17 plz ?

Really? That's good to hear. Any notes on what's changed from Konami?

Everything has changed for the better bar fouls which are still bad. I have absoltuely no idea what happened with 1.05!!! That was a disaster.

This new 1.06 is like 1.04 but with more responsivness. The responsivness is almost at PES 2019 level but its still a better, more rich game with better depth than PES 2019.

What i loved was the AI finally are more aggressive with their defensive lines as standard, you see United and Celtic where relentless in how they looked to press me.

You can see in the stream. I just wanted 2 games to test the gameplay but i enjoyed myself so much i couldnt stop. I defended like shit since i was supposed to just see the changed and unlike before on 1.05 in which the game was just bugged, broken and strange. I was so happy in realizing i needed to have to work hard defensively again to make sure i beat the AI.

Shows the whole one more gane thing really is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW dont worry about Lehmann being so crap on the stream. An issue with our PES Universe Classic patches is the keepers are too low rated in general. How GK stats work do not correlate at all whatsoever with past stats conversion.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have been playing PES since the ISS days but only on PC since PES 2019, my pc is both for work and leisure but is starting to show its age as it was a £1000 budget build 5 years ago. I have recently purchased a 34" ASUS UW 1440p and 32" Sumsung 144hz 1440p monitors to replace my ageing 1080p ones. PES looks great on the UW on High settings but the Ultrawide fix just doesn't seem to want to work for me and still looks fantastic on the 32" 16:9 also, however I am having to limit them to 60hz as I am getting so big Framerate drops and this is still happening every so often from a solid 60 down to as low as 28 the otherday.

Naturally 1440 or 2K takes more power but I am loooking to upgrade my PC soon, does anyone play on High settings smoothly at higher frame rates in either 1440p or even 4K? and what sort of set up are you running? Not sure of my budget for this new one yet but would ne interested to set what kind of set ups cope with it well.

For reference I have the following:

AMD FX 6300 Six-Core
GeForce GTX 980 Windforce
8GB Ram
250GB Samsung Evo SSD
1TB HDD

The PD6 just kill mid and low range teams and players. Now they all feel like bungee alcoholics from Sunday League even more. The player's reactions are largely based on the understanding and demands of the AI for the given situation, It's embarrassing to play and watch (at least for online modes). Passes are also ridiculous, even worst that Sunday Leaguer level ... Of course, if you are stubborn over time, you can get used to playing with this carp, people can adjust to any garbage ... but how long?
We all know what Konami agendas require. All the gameplay, the whole game is basically based on MyClub and pressures from Konami, you to looking, using and buying for top players. This is what they have been focusing on and it is the only thing they have been doing for the last and most probably next year.
Looking for top players to buy microtransactions.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have been playing PES since the ISS days but only on PC since PES 2019, my pc is both for work and leisure but is starting to show its age as it was a £1000 budget build 5 years ago. I have recently purchased a 34" ASUS UW 1440p and 32" Sumsung 144hz 1440p monitors to replace my ageing 1080p ones. PES looks great on the UW on High settings but the Ultrawide fix just doesn't seem to want to work for me and still looks fantastic on the 32" 16:9 also, however I am having to limit them to 60hz as I am getting so big Framerate drops and this is still happening every so often from a solid 60 down to as low as 28 the otherday.

Naturally 1440 or 2K takes more power but I am loooking to upgrade my PC soon, does anyone play on High settings smoothly at higher frame rates in either 1440p or even 4K? and what sort of set up are you running? Not sure of my budget for this new one yet but would ne interested to set what kind of set ups cope with it well.

For reference I have the following:

AMD FX 6300 Six-Core
GeForce GTX 980 Windforce
8GB Ram
250GB Samsung Evo SSD
1TB HDD
Intel 9600k
Nvidia RTX 2070 super

Intel 9600k
Nvidia RTX 2070 super
It's hard to recommend Intels CPU this year... Yes, they reduce the prices a lot but still for this money that you will pay for 9600k, you can buy Ryzen 3700X, 8 cores 16 threads, 36 MB cash... is way better chose for the long run and next generation of games.

For budget PC Ryzen 5 3600 is the king this year. In amazon UK i found an interesting offer.
Bundle of :
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 cores, 4.2GHz boost+
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX Motherboard+
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM+
for £419.95
Yes RTX 2070 Super is great chose, for this and I think for next-generation, still bit pricy but, you can put it with this £ 1000+ budget

Last edited:
Everything has changed for the better bar fouls which are still bad. I have absoltuely no idea what happened with 1.05!!! That was a disaster.

This new 1.06 is like 1.04 but with more responsivness. The responsivness is almost at PES 2019 level but its still a better, more rich game with better depth than PES 2019.

What i loved was the AI finally are more aggressive with their defensive lines as standard, you see United and Celtic where relentless in how they looked to press me.

You can see in the stream. I just wanted 2 games to test the gameplay but i enjoyed myself so much i couldnt stop. I defended like shit since i was supposed to just see the changed and unlike before on 1.05 in which the game was just bugged, broken and strange. I was so happy in realizing i needed to have to work hard defensively again to make sure i beat the AI.

Shows the whole one more gane thing really is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW dont worry about Lehmann being so crap on the stream. An issue with our PES Universe Classic patches is the keepers are too low rated in general. How GK stats work do not correlate at all whatsoever with past stats conversion.
Sounds good! I tried it just now for a few games but I have to say I'm seeing different things even with your tactics in place. Perhaps it's just me, I just cannot enjoy this anymore and just uninstalled. Gave it a go thinking things would be different but I saw the same old BS. Supercharged superpowered CPU players in ML, fouls being heavily skewed towards CPU and overall just rigid and simply not enjoyable.

The thing that gets me the most is the predicability of the whole thing. Every match is the same; CPU will ":let me play" for a bit but i can't score or do anything of note. then around the 60th minute they take over with ping pong super passing and i'm reduced to being a spectator. CPU is not very dangerous either but it's just a weird, boring stalemate where they will either do the old turn and shoot and score or they make me foul them and hit me with the ol'postage stamp freekick by a 58 rated defender with no free kick skills. IF i score I immediately get hit back from the kickoff or they get me in the final seconds of overtime. I'm not even kidding; this happens, every. single. game. maddening! It was better with the IPM patches but even then it was a far cry from what we got after the first patch or so.

I was REALLY into that version and having an absolute blast in the Serie A. Alas, as we all saw coming, this was not going to last. oh well.
that's 3 years in a row now that this has happened. I don't understand why KONAMI won't just let us roll back to an older version, they've got our money already anyways.

It's hard to recommend Intels CPU this year... Yes, they reduce the prices a lot but still for this money that you will pay for 9600k, you can buy Ryzen 3700X, 8 cores 16 threads, 36 MB cash... is way better chose for the long run and next generation of games.

For budget PC Ryzen 5 3600 is the king this year. In amazon UK i found an interesting offer.
Bundle of :
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 cores, 4.2GHz boost+
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX Motherboard+
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM+
for £419.95
Yes RTX 2070 Super is great chose, for this and I think for next-generation, still bit pricy but, you can put it with this £ 1000+ budget

Not hard to recommend Intel honestly, given their (Intel) stability and platform maturity. AMD still have issues in BIOS, motherboard stability, DDR compatibility, and quality of drivers, among many variables. 9600K (or 9700K) are great gaming CPUs.
Still it is not the best time now to buy PC parts, given the world situations and timing of things, Intel and Nvidia are releasing their next gen offerings in the coming few months, if the world survives and be back to business!

Not hard to recommend Intel honestly, given their (Intel) stability and platform maturity. AMD still have issues in BIOS, motherboard stability, DDR compatibility, and quality of drivers, among many variables. 9600K (or 9700K) are great gaming CPUs.
Still it is not the best time now to buy PC parts, given the world situations and timing of things, Intel and Nvidia are releasing their next gen offerings in the coming few months, if the world survives and be back to business!

I'm using Ryzen 3600 machine and all works flawlessly. All these "issues " looks like are not issue for last Ryzen generation, or not anymore, because nobody is buying and recommend Intel anymore. The low mid or high end, Ryzen CPU just killing it this year. Performance per pound is just... no brainer. I'm not talking about fanboys and shit like that. Just look ALL big tech and hardware YouTubers and you will see, buying and recommend Intel. They just become too lazy and greedy, because lack of competition with high and mid ends CPU, but not anymore after third-generation AMD processor.

AMD has problems with drivers only for GPU (not anymore), that why I prefer Nvidia GPU's.

For not good timing for buying, I must agree. I waiting for next-gen GPU's too, I wanna see is my money will go for a new GPU or for the new console, the price tag will be the same on both.

Last edited:
managed to get download depot working, currently downloading 1.1 and so forth. I'll report back later - I really want to test out speedserver first, since that works on the earlier versions. I'll upload to mega or other hosting sites on request.

EDIT: good news, version 1.1 of the game still works with the older version of sider, and speedserver too. still running some further tests. shocking how differently the game plays when you take out the ebb and flow mechanic...

EDIT2: all right, so getting a bit lazy and my upload speed is terrible, so here's the way to get depot working.

1. download this repository and unpack to wherever : https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader
2. run the depotdownloader dll from this directory:
DepotDownloader-master\DepotDownloader\bin\Release\netcoreapp2.0\DepotDownloader.dll
use the command as follows:
dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app 996470 -depot 996471 -manifest 4740911837254756499 -username <your username> -password <your password>

4740911837254756499 manifest refers to the 1.1 version of the game. you'll have to run the command a second time for the second set of files with 996472 for the second depot , but with the same manifest for 1.1. it's about 30GB for the files, so get some coffee while that finishes.

make sure your stateflag in the appmanifest file is set to 4, but it should be already set if your game is up to date. What you're doing here is overwriting the files and reverting to 1.1.

sider 6.0.1 from juce is confirmed working, at least with speedserver
https://mapote.com/pes/sider-6.0.1.zip

still working on the evo web patch but that should be working too.

yo. any ideas how i stop 1.4 updating to 1.6??? or do i have update to 1.6 and repeat the above process?

{additional note : konami has to be one of the dickest game companies i know...just let us easily choose data pack/version to play from menu already. stop breaking my game every few weeks. dicks.)

Back
Top Bottom