eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

yo. any ideas how i stop 1.4 updating to 1.6??? or do i have update to 1.6 and repeat the above process?

{additional note : konami has to be one of the dickest game companies i know...just let us easily choose data pack/version to play from menu already. stop breaking my game every few weeks. dicks.)
Not just Konami. Every game does it.

As for the workaround, this is the only one I know. Worked for me, might not work for anyone else but nobody's told me yet...

What I did with DP4 was - BEFORE it downloaded - backed up the entire eFootball PES 2020 folder. Then, I allowed the game to update. Once it had updated, I just deleted the original folder and replaced it with the backup. The game was then allowed to boot, with the old EXE, without ever asking to update again.

I could be (very!) wrong but I don't think Steam checks the EXE against the server EXE, I think it flags when an update is available and then insists you download it, and once you've downloaded and installed it, that flag is reset. (That's my assumption based on the above method working, for me!)

Other than this, I don't think there's a long-term solution. I looked for a long while myself, and while you can prevent updates downloading until certain times etc., the game won't launch until you download them - and you can use offline mode but only for (I think) 30 days, and even then, only if the update wasn't available when you disconnected it.

All modes in general are .. dead in this game. Konami does not want to distract you with modes other than MyClub. Of course, they know that all modes are mediocre, but this is their goal so you don't have fun with everything else and go back to my club and spend time and money there. Soon as you start the game, you wast a minute just to cancel and removing banners, ads, and announcements for new players, new crap on MyClub.

They need this gray dead stuffing to get a false feel for a full game and charge you 60 €, and again the most important thing for them is money and nothing else.

For the last 4-5 years, Konami has a strategy in place, a scenario they follow, and for them, things turn out to be obvious because they really make a lot of money. If you having to much fun with other modes, you will not be giving a F"** for MyCLub and that is Konami's biggest fear. I don't expect anything different for the next generation.

Last edited:
All modes in general are .. dead in this game. Konami does not want to distract you with modes other than MyClub. Of course, they know that all modes are mediocre, but this is their goal so you don't have fun with everything else and go back to my club and spend time and money there. That why, as soon as you start the game, you wast a minute just to cancel and removing banners, ads, and announcements for new players, new crap on MyClub.
They need this gray dead stuffing to get a false feel for a full game and get you 60 pounds. and again the most important thing for them is money and nothing more.
For the last 4-5 years, they have a strategy in place, a scenario they follow, and for them, things turn out to be obvious because they really make a lot of money. If you having to much fun with other modes, you will not be giving a F"** for MyCLub and that is Konami's biggest fear. I don't expect anything different for the next generation.
Spot on.

All modes in general are .. dead in this game. Konami does not want to distract you with modes other than MyClub. Of course, they know that all modes are mediocre, but this is their goal so you don't have fun with everything else and go back to my club and spend time and money there. That why, as soon as you start the game, you wast a minute just to cancel and removing banners, ads, and announcements for new players, new crap on MyClub.
They need this gray dead stuffing to get a false feel for a full game and get you 60 pounds. and again the most important thing for them is money and nothing more.
For the last 4-5 years, they have a strategy in place, a scenario they follow, and for them, things turn out to be obvious because they really make a lot of money. If you having to much fun with other modes, you will not be giving a F"** for MyCLub and that is Konami's biggest fear. I don't expect anything different for the next generation.

yup....and I think the influx of new players and more people generally spending time trying this game to pass the time is going to call this out.

pretty sure they think their player base is either too addicted to complain or too few to care.

I've noticed quite a new names posting on evo-web recently and that's good cos it means that us few "elitists" are actually not elite at all. we're just regular folks looking for a good fun interesting game and we have a bit of extra time to post of on evo-web.

5 years since myclub started - that first year I was so hopeful it was the introduction of true online football that connected us globally and could determine who the best pes players in the world were-

this has to be the most aware gamers are going to be and the best chance to collectively call for change.

pes has the thought and imagination of a kids game …. those kids you can make believe santa exists except santa is "reality". YEAH KONAMI I PUT THE CONTROLLER DOWN AND MESSI OPPONENT CPU JUST STANDS THERE. VERY VERY REAL!!

Sounds good! I tried it just now for a few games but I have to say I'm seeing different things even with your tactics in place. Perhaps it's just me, I just cannot enjoy this anymore and just uninstalled. Gave it a go thinking things would be different but I saw the same old BS. Supercharged superpowered CPU players in ML, fouls being heavily skewed towards CPU and overall just rigid and simply not enjoyable.

The thing that gets me the most is the predicability of the whole thing. Every match is the same; CPU will ":let me play" for a bit but i can't score or do anything of note. then around the 60th minute they take over with ping pong super passing and i'm reduced to being a spectator. CPU is not very dangerous either but it's just a weird, boring stalemate where they will either do the old turn and shoot and score or they make me foul them and hit me with the ol'postage stamp freekick by a 58 rated defender with no free kick skills. IF i score I immediately get hit back from the kickoff or they get me in the final seconds of overtime. I'm not even kidding; this happens, every. single. game. maddening! It was better with the IPM patches but even then it was a far cry from what we got after the first patch or so.

I was REALLY into that version and having an absolute blast in the Serie A. Alas, as we all saw coming, this was not going to last. oh well.
that's 3 years in a row now that this has happened. I don't understand why KONAMI won't just let us roll back to an older version, they've got our money already anyways.

I dunno, seems to be a bit like marmite this game to many people. I knew things wouldn't be smooth from the first previews and E3 when Barry mentioned the new skill stick was in development and subject to change, then the demo hit and i knew this game would take time to settle.

The game for me reminds me of PES 2012 in that they made some big changes and not everything quite worked but PES 2013 after was awesome because they just refined what they had, that what PES 2021 really should be in gameplay, Konami shouldn't make big changes to the gameplay, they should develop and refine what they have, improve the fucking ref and refine how the AI turns, decision making and help improve the animations and responsiveness.

I was feeling quite down Friday, with the quarantine shit, argument with family and all, then got beaten horribly by Valencia in the first match here. I was pissed but put the anger to go use and by the end of this session i was smiling and having great fun, i killed the stream because sadly konami gave me Valencia for a 3rd and 4th time and i thought anyone watching would get fed up with me playing the same match over and over. but i'll finish this off tomorrow or Monday then move on to some new updates to come :)

Konami have to sort out that striker turn midfielder bug you see in the Valencia match, right pisses me off. That wall of 6 players is just annoying and ridiculous

@klashman69 i do agree with you and more power to ya if you're enjoying it! Like I said I was in a very good place with the game for the majority of the time I spent with it (about 300 hours in total), so overall it has been a good experience, sometimes great even.

The thing takes the jam out if my doughnut though, is that each year Konami waters the game down and gradually makes it worse. Here I was playing in November and it was great. I just rewatched a few Nvidia replays I made and it looked sensational with great , unpredictable gameplay. In large part due to your tactics might i add! Every game and every opponent was different, it was glorious. But even then I was thinking " in a few months this is going to be unplayable for me" due to the simple fact Konami pulled this "trick" for the past three years.

Unfortunately I was right (in my experience, of course

Guyz I've had a strange problem after the update of dp6 i ad a fresh install and after doing all the settings when i played it was strange, i use R2 for dash and R1 for special control but when i was dashing through R2 the player was always performing speed burst and not the normal dash then i changed my controls to R1 for dash and R2 for special controls and it was working perfectly.....so i just want to ask is this a problem with anyone else or only me and what could be the problem??

Please reply guyzz i want to play this game I'm bored 😣😣

Just gone back and read this. Agree 100% its part of a wider problem in gaming in general but at least other similar sized titles get solid all round experience with thier preimer online mode which is fun. MyClub is not!!!

I'm lucky I've found what i love about this game so i don't have to give a shit about myclub. I have PES Lite for PS4 and I'm sorry but myclub is fucking shit. Its so dry and everything seems to be built around buying coins for a super team or whatever you badly need.

I've found the biggest problem for myclub online, sim or vs CPU matches is the fucking crap Konami tactics really restrict basic freedoms so much and create a canned experience. This is part of the biggest issue I will continue to talk aboit which is the 'script' hype. People dont even fully understand or abide by the teams tactics and lose out when they need players too make the runs they need and shout at the game being scripted when the script is a momentum factors really inconjunction with form arrows. The key is the poor organisation of many tactics managers have which create bad off the ball run choices, hence why so many seem to get the same handful of managers, this along with online input delay along with varying levels of lag creating a horrid spamball game of win at all costs or offline which is dry, repetitive and boring.

This is sadly what UT culture has done in the last 10 years and myclub is a bad version of UT still. The game is built around microtransactions and shallow repetertive but simple gameplay style online with super players and quick fix mentallity.

There's and entire documentary on this btw i can share with you all.

This is the biggest thing Konami need to work on for PES 2021. Give the people something fun as a title online mode regardless of fucking money and pay to win.

Last edited:
Just gone back and read this. Agree 100% its part of a wider problem in gaming in general but at least other similar sized titles get solid all round experience with thier preimer online mode which is fun. MyClub is not!!!

I'm lucky I've found what i love about this game so i don't have to give a shit about myclub. I have PES Lite for PS4 and I'm sorry but myclub is fucking shit. Its so dry and everything seems to be built around buying coins for a super team or whatever you badly need.

Ive found the biggest problem for myclub online, sim or vs CPU matches is the fucking crap Konami tactics really restrict basic freedoms so much and create a canned experience. This is part of the biggest issue I will continue to talk aboit which is the 'script' hype. People dont even fully underdtand or abide by the teams tactics and lose out when they need players too make the runs they need and shout at the game being scripted when the script is a momentum factors really inconjunction with form arrows. The key is the poor organisation of many tactics managers have which create bad off the ball run choices, hence why so many seem to get the same handful of managers, this along with online input delay along with varying levels of lag creating a horrid spamball game of win at all costs or offline which is dry, repetitive and boring.

This is sadly what UT culture has done in the last 10 years and myclub is a bad version of UT still. The game is built around microtransactions and shallow repetertive but simple gameplay style online with super players and quick fix mentallity.

This is the biggest thing Konami need to work on for PES 2021. Give the people something fun as a title online mode regardless of fucking money and pay to win.
They will not change at all, and they already said they want to spot on phone games and slots, so 0 interest for pes and at the end I think the game will die if microsoft dont buy his license to make new pes

Ive found the biggest problem for myclub online, sim or vs CPU matches is the fucking crap Konami tactics really restrict basic freedoms so much and create a canned experience. This is part of the biggest issue I will continue to talk aboit which is the 'script' hype. People dont even fully underdtand or abide by the teams tactics and lose out when they need players too make the runs they need and shout at the game being scripted when the script is a momentum factors really inconjunction with form arrows. The key is the poor organisation of many tactics managers have which create bad off the ball run choices, hence why so many seem to get the same handful of managers, this along with online input delay along with varying levels of lag creating a horrid spamball game of win at all costs or offline which is dry, repetitive and boring.

the thing is though that the player base needs to go a step further.

the few of us who have experienced myclub who have some knowledge of the mode, know its flaws, and have broken out of the addiction are the ones who can make this into a glorious mode.

its like an unbroken egg you keep on the mantlepiece for years because of its looks; yet what it needed was breaking and cooking into a tasty omelette.

i'm saying break and cook the myclub. the tools and players are there. just got to take myclub off the mantlepiece.

[pes 2019 myclub is probably the best place to experiment with rules / controls etc and easier matchmaking because of emptier servers]

Not just Konami. Every game does it.

As for the workaround, this is the only one I know. Worked for me, might not work for anyone else but nobody's told me yet...

Check your manifest file in the steamapps folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\

In the appmanifest_yyyyyy.acf file, change this line:

"StateFlags" "4"

make sure it's set to 4 - this tells steam the game is up to date.

the thing is though that the player base needs to go a step further.

the few of us who have experienced myclub who have some knowledge of the mode, know its flaws, and have broken out of the addiction are the ones who can make this into a glorious mode.

its like an unbroken egg you keep on the mantlepiece for years because of its looks; yet what it needed was breaking and cooking into a tasty omelette.

i'm saying break and cook the myclub. the tools and players are there. just got to take myclub off the mantlepiece.

[pes 2019 myclub is probably the best place to experiment with rules / controls etc and easier matchmaking because of emptier servers]
What ideas do you suggest?

Trying to get a group of individual players to play 11v11 Positional Play system has been difficult, but when we pull it off, Damn it looks good, Here are some of our goals.

What ideas do you suggest?

I just searched "myclub" on the forum search and saw this : e.g. https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fuma-myclub-master-league-interest-ideas-thread-ps4.78394/

this would be a prime time to fine tune rules to carry us through a 2021 myclub season (using pes 2020)

if a few of us had the patience to NOT move on to the next we might see something special evolve,

its also a possibility pes 2021 could get delayed? or the next pes is pes 2022? in which case we may see the light anyways.

Don't know what's up with this game, but I moved back to AC Milan as a last ditch attempt - yes I reinstalled like an idiot - in my ML save where I had some very enjoyable games when I first started my ML save. ( Moved to Ajax in the meantime which I always do with Pes. my usual plan is; Get promoted in a lower league since eredivisie only has one league. Move to Ajax after a while, win everything, quit).

Since moving back the games have been very enjoyable once more. On superstar that is, no gameplay mods for now. I'm seeing what I was seeing before in the serie a on professional way back. Varied team tactics, players shooting from distance from time to time, fouls, you name it.

My suspicion is that there is some RNG thing going on, or that @klashman69's tactics just work very well in the Serie A, or that me going back to my 442 formation (from 443 which doesn't seem viable in any league) makes a difference.

Whatever it is I'll take it. My ML experience has unexpectedly been rejuvenated for now, got no problems with that.

Can someone help me out? So I installed the evoweb patch but I only get real names and logos but no kits, can someone tell me what's going on?

Is there any discussion on the logic behind the mater league team form in Super Star?
I would love to understand what is the logic of it, I simply cannot understand it. I do understand the need to have the scripts and all the AI cheating, but it seems so random that it ends out taking the pleasure of the master league.
I am talking about beating a world class team 2-0 on the champions league where everything comes out perfectly, followed by a streak of two losses against bottom of the table teams where I cannot even put two passes together, and where a 68 rated striker scores three miracoulous headers jumping on top of my 84 rated CBs.
Again, I dont mind loosing, and I would understand if this would carry some sort of logical explanation, like needing to build my team spirit (it´s 84 at the moment...) or that I suck at playing (which I think I do not since I win easily on the regular league mode).
If I could find a reason for it it would be so, but so much more enjoyable. I end up totaly frustrated just thinking the game is flawed, simply flawed...

Is there any discussion on the logic behind the mater league team form in Super Star?
I would love to understand what is the logic of it, I simply cannot understand it. I do understand the need to have the scripts and all the AI cheating, but it seems so random that it ends out taking the pleasure of the master league.
I am talking about beating a world class team 2-0 on the champions league where everything comes out perfectly, followed by a streak of two losses against bottom of the table teams where I cannot even put two passes together, and where a 68 rated striker scores three miracoulous headers jumping on top of my 84 rated CBs.
Again, I dont mind loosing, and I would understand if this would carry some sort of logical explanation, like needing to build my team spirit (it´s 84 at the moment...) or that I suck at playing (which I think I do not since I win easily on the regular league mode).
If I could find a reason for it it would be so, but so much more enjoyable. I end up totaly frustrated just thinking the game is flawed, simply flawed...
There's no logic behind it, the scripting is totally random.

Yea, I know that. Totally agree with you.
Always the AI teams at the bottom of the league table are playing like Barcelona or Real Madrid.
My team on the other hand can't even do simple passes to the teammate who is 5 metres away...
And when you score a goal against those teams, they will score right after and it feels like you can't really do something about this.
And then you win against a high-end team 6-0 in the next game...

I don't really get this.

Back
Top Bottom