eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

There is still an Agent every Monday to Thursday where you can use gp to get players.Also you can use gp at the auctions if you want to get a specific player.

From the moment that the game has a Team Strength filter,you can't say it's pay2win
.If you don't want to spend or always play against superteams,you can just use the filter and play with normal teams against other normal teams.
If some game from the two is pay2win that's Fifa,because it doesn't have the filters so it forces you to spend to compete.

Yeah, but all this is design to waste your time, the same as free to play mobile games, same practices...

Pay2win is not the problem of this game.The problem is that it literally doesn't have any content online.A mode like FUT puts it to shame in comparison where you have so much to do,different challenges,objectives etc.On the other hand myClub is nearly dead in terms of all that and there is a serious lacking of content and things to do and achieve.The only thing that saves this game is the gameplay,which is also ruined many times because of lag,scripting and cheaters.But especially the lag because in the year 2019 Konami still doesn't use normal servers but depends on p2p connection which is a fucking joke.

This is clearly related to the pay2win scheme. Don't underestimate Konami. They are really smart people (just the PR team is a bunch of idiots), they know very well what to gives and what to takes through gameplay and gameplay mechanics to control the experiences of gamers. We're talking about a company that specializes in gambling machine manufacturers in Japan.

I personally don't think the pay2win scheme is tied to the strength of the team, although it does influence, as I said through tactics, laughs, and coaches, but the biggest manipulation is through the gameplay of the game.
Konami collects information about you, what modes you play online, offline, which teams you choose, which players you like, all the information is collected for you and from there they already have a personal approach to each one to make him buy or not. This is my theory but there are already several archives where it has been proven that EAs do it, I'm sure Konami does too. The record profit prove that Konami is clearly doing his job well, and as I said before "You won't play the game, the game will play YOU."

I, as a person who has been playing football and football games for the hole of my life, especially Konami's, I can feel very well when the game is trying to screw up or help me win or lose a game.

Last edited:
There is still an Agent every Monday to Thursday where you can use gp to get players.Also you can use gp at the auctions if you want to get a specific player.

From the moment that the game has a Team Strength filter,you can't say it's pay2win.If you don't want to spend or always play against superteams,you can just use the filter and play with normal teams against other normal teams.
If some game from the two is pay2win that's Fifa,because it doesn't have the filters so it forces you to spend to compete.

Pay2win is not the problem of this game.The problem is that it literally doesn't have any content online.A mode like FUT puts it to shame in comparison where you have so much to do,different challenges,objectives etc.On the other hand myClub is nearly dead in terms of all that and there is a serious lacking of content and things to do and achieve.The only thing that saves this game is the gameplay,which is also ruined many times because of lag,scripting and cheaters.But especially the lag because in the year 2019 Konami still don't use normal servers but depends on p2p connection which is a fucking joke.
Not in co-op. No team strength filter there.

Even if you have zero interest in Myclub, you are forced to play against those stupid fucking OP teams every match, even if you use a real team. Total P2W in that mode.

And people always cheat those team strength filters anyway by putting all 85+ rated players on the pitch, and 50 rated players on the bench.

Not in co-op. No team strength filter there.

Even if you have zero interest in Myclub, you are forced to play against those stupid fucking OP teams every match, even if you use a real team. Total P2W in that mode.

And people always cheat those team strength filters anyway by putting all 85+ rated players on the pitch, and 50 rated players on the bench.

Yes !!
I love co-op modes. I buy the game just for co-op, but this year it's painful, and there is "Zero Changes" for the last 3 years in this mode.

Yeah, but all this is design to waste your time, the same as free to play mobile games, same practices...

This is clearly related to the pay2win scheme. Don't underestimate Konami. They are really smart people (just the PR team is a bunch of idiots), they know very well what to gives and what to takes through gameplay and gameplay mechanics to control the experiences of gamers. We're talking about a company that specializes in gambling machine manufacturers in Japan.

I personally don't think the pay2win scheme is tied to the strength of the team, although it does influence, as I said through tactics, laughs, and coaches, but the biggest manipulation is through the gameplay of the game.
Konami collects information about you, what modes you play online, offline, which teams you choose, which players you like, all the information is collected for you and from there they already have a personal approach to each one to make him buy or not. This is my theory but there are already several archives where it has been proven that EAs do it, I'm sure Konami does too. The record winnings prove that Konami is clearly doing his job well, and as I said before "You won't play the game, the game will play YOU."

I, as a person who has been playing football and football games for the hole of my life, especially Konami's, I can feel very well when the game is trying to screw up or help me win or lose a game.

If they remove PA 2 and 3, people would not complain that much. I play with manual controls (i'm not saying that people who play with assistance are wrong, but the experience is completely different) and i never received clear help from the game. The player responsiveness and cursor change sometimes fails in important moments, but they are also bad in basically every moment of the match, for both sides.
I won't be naive to say that konami doesn't implement some kind of scripting, but I think this reaction is a bit exaggerated.

Im really struggling to enjoy this. One of the most disgusting aspect is during competition the game makes your players retarded and the cpu players superhuman. Who the f would enjoy this really? And yes even in league or cup mode too where theres no TS. Im asking the question to myself why would i annoy myself during my spare time? Im not sure about top player or professional, i fear those are really easy. Any experience?

Im really struggling to enjoy this. One of the most disgusting aspect is during competition the game makes your players ******ed and the cpu players superhuman. Who the f would enjoy this really? And yes even in league or cup mode too where theres no TS. Im asking the question to myself why would i annoy myself during my spare time? Im not sure about top player or professional, i fear those are really easy. Any experience?

OP cpu players really needs to be addressed in the next patch, Konami seems to be lost about balancing the matches against AI.

CPU/AI is not OP, just your players are complete ******ed and can't react appropriately to anything. You must low your gameplay to the basic and obvious level possible, nothing special, creative or fun then you will succeed. Konami wants to delete the skill gap that why they pushing this " obvious and basic " gameplay agenda. Online now is the most boring play possible. All matches are the same, all goals are the same, anyone plays the same way because they have no other options. If you wanna try something diffirent you will fail hard.

Last edited:
Game is broken even with gameplay mods. You can never defend against any 4/5 star team - they just score when they want and they always seem to have more stamina than you whenever you play.

Controller just gone across the room. Seriously hope that DP2 sorts the main issues of player switching and your own players stopping when you actually do switch to them otherwise I think i am done with football games in general

CPU/AI is not OP, just your players are complete ******ed and can't react appropriately to anything. You must low your gameplay to the basic and obvious level possible, nothing special, creative or fun then you will succeed. Konami wants to delete the skill gap that why they pushing this " obvious and basic " gameplay agenda. Online now is the most boring play possible. All matches are the same, all goals are the same, anyone plays the same way because they have no other options. If you wanna try something diffirent you will fail hard.

Yes, AI players are OP. They win almost all physical battles and can make perfect tackles ( sliding tackles are annoying). They also can predict really well your direction changes. But before the last official update, it was possible to beat them with skill moves.

I made two videos with some plays in Superstar difficulty and game speed -1, before the update (all vanilla files):

As you can see, the game was very different than it is now.
EDIT: The language is brazilian portuguese

Game is broken even with gameplay mods. You can never defend against any 4/5 star team - they just score when they want and they always seem to have more stamina than you whenever you play.

Controller just gone across the room. Seriously hope that DP2 sorts the main issues of player switching and your own players stopping when you actually do switch to them otherwise I think i am done with football games in general

And another thing...... anyone noticed how the 2nd ball from Corners/Free Kicks (if you ever get one) always goes to the CPU too ?

And another thing...... anyone noticed how the 2nd ball from Corners/Free Kicks (if you ever get one) always goes to the CPU too ?

It certainly does not ALWAYS go to the CPU. As with most of the recent PES games, the most common clearance on a corner for me goes straight to my midfielder on the edge of the box and it's always a gamble on if to shoot from range, just shield the ball or take the chance at getting past the inevitable on-rushing defender. If you don't challenge the defender on the first ball however, they do find their own player far more often with their header.

Yes, AI players are OP. They win almost all physical battles and can make perfect tackles ( sliding tackles are annoying). They also can predict really well your direction changes. But before the last official update, it was possible to beat them with skill moves.

I made two videos with some plays in Superstar difficulty and game speed -1, before the update (all vanilla files):

Yes, I agree with all that you say. Just we have all that and on another side, the AI is cheap, stupid and bad, one of the worst AI that we have in PES game, that is what I mean it's not that OP.

I get what you coming from, but you can't say two or three instances as ALWAYS, that certainly over-exaggeration. But generally striker is quicker to react in goal-mouth scramble, i guess that's the way the game engine is. What they could do to make the situation better is by improving the player switching

Loved Lukaku's nutmeg!

But the second goal (in the second video) by Firmino is worrying.

Loved Lukaku's nutmeg!

But the second goal (in the second video) by Firmino is worrying.

AI defense sometimes gives too much space for our players to run with the ball. But what i liked about this goal was the physical contact in the beginning.

Its make it or break it with this patch

And as much as i have paid for the game just hoping for pes lite so that i can find ppl to play with online

I only find games for 5 stars teams..

AI defense sometimes gives too much space for our players to run with the ball. But what i liked about this goal was the physical contact in the beginning.

I really hope that the new patch will help fix this gaps.
Obviously when you are playing, holding the controller in your own hands, you enjoy that much free space to run and take a nice shot, but when you take a step back and analyse it, it just looks so unrealistic.

is there a slider (or other ) tool that lets you choose opposing team in ML like previous years?

also curious what mods you guys have installed as ive been out of the loop. I want to be able to play online easily so turning them on/off quickly is a priority.

I really hope that the new patch will help fix this gaps.
Obviously when you are playing, holding the controller in your own hands, you enjoy that much free space to run and take a nice shot, but when you take a step back and analyse it, it just looks so unrealistic.
Agree, it takes the midfield battle right out of the game, spacing is all wrong. The way the AI instantly retreat when they lose the ball starts it I think. Really hoping the patch fixes this. They've acknowledged it so here's to hoping!

Agree, it takes the midfield battle right out of the game, spacing is all wrong. The way the AI instantly retreat when they lose the ball starts it I think. Really hoping the patch fixes this. They've acknowledged it so here's to hoping!
Ditto! Do you not find that klashmans tactics go a long way in mitigating this though? It's far from not present but to me with and without tactics is like night and day.

How do I delete an imported league along with its teams? I got the Classic teams from PesUni but they're always in my ML which ruins it for me. I don't want to dlete my edit file and do everything again, could someone export their PAS League?

How do I delete an imported league along with its teams? I got the Classic teams from PesUni but they're always in my ML which ruins it for me. I don't want to dlete my edit file and do everything again, could someone export their PAS League?

To be honest, without going into each team and player and clicking reset I’m not sure. However, how about downloading one of the excellent J or K League OFs and importing the teams from there over the top?

You still can sort of doing it on top player, not to pre patch extent of course. However on superstar/legend as you said the cpu reads your directional changes like a magnet and basicly the defender gets sucked by your ball and disposseses you. On SS/L you rarely see standing tackles by the AI. However on top player the ai barely attacks you. So meh. I still believe the demo gameplay in competition would have been great on SS or on Legend.

Big shame. I believe this is the first year when the demo is better by miles. Lately only the E3 code had the same case which was hard to believe for years but now everyone could experience it first hand.

Ditto! Do you not find that klashmans tactics go a long way in mitigating this though? It's far from not present but to me with and without tactics is like night and day.
Tactics means nothing when it comes to the scripting. Just look at the patterns of play and you'll see that no matter what formation/tactics you employ you'll always be forced to play a certain way.

Back
Top Bottom