eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Honestly, I can not feel any thing different against CPU! 10 min Top Player PA1 and basic shooting and basic through! If I didn't know I downloaded the update I would've swear it's the same game!

Bromi exe I used earlier today had a ton more different gameplay!

Honestly, I can not feel any thing different against CPU! 10 min Top Player PA1 and basic shooting and basic through! If I didn't know I downloaded the update I would've swear it's the same game!

Bromi exe I used earlier today had a ton more different gameplay!
you can check you exe file if its "last change" date to today or on exes properties there is a section "version"

Yeah, played a couple of matches and I can already say this is more like it! Very happy with the improvements I saw already. But now the question comes to mind: why? Why do they have to make us suffer for a month and then fix the mess? Couldn't they just release it like this? Better yet, like the demo? 😒
Anyway, guess it's better late than never...

Always such a confusing time when an update rolls around. I'm on pes universe; do I update club squads and national squads if I want to keep everything, or no? All help appreciated here.

EDIT (and PSA for everyone else): you can leave the boxes checked and everything seems good. Option file didn't break which is an absolute first for me. Good!

Last edited:
:D can you please link me there, mate?!
I've never read them. They just come up a lot. Papers are especially fond of relating his predictions to bad things happening in the real world. Trump has been linked to them a lot!

However, I bet if you looked long enough, you could find something about public consensus or something. Most of the predictions are fun because you will eventually find something in the real world that can be compared to each and every one. You just need to wait long enough.

I've never read them. They just come up a lot. Papers are especially fond of relating his predictions to bad things happening in the real world. Trump has been linked to them a lot!

However, I bet if you looked long enough, you could find something about public consensus or something. Most of the predictions are fun because you will eventually find something in the real world that can be compared to each and every one. You just need to wait long enough.
:LOL: My fault, pal. I wanted to read those PES patch impressions! Apokalypse my ass!
I quoted the wrong person. Well, you are alright...! :BYE:

@rodgerdavies maybe you can provide a link please?!

Konami should definatelly contain in update things that aren't in pes like tight shirts. There are many teams which need it.
Gloving eyes also should be fixed.

Last edited:
Did anyone realize that konami replace old datapack 1.02 with new one ? i'm not speaking about datapack 2.0 because in old one there are two files MatchIdle.json & MatchPause.json inside common\script\flow\Match\ in new datapack 1.02 the folder is gone

btw if you see, meanly and quietly they downgrade the graphic in eF2020. In demo and the first version of the game, the match entry intro out of the station, there were cars that flashed with headlights and indicator lights with and the crowd was more detailed. There were tartors before with megaphones that inspired crowd and chanting. The kits were moving a bit more. I don't see these details anymore for a long time.

Last edited:
Did anyone realize that konami replace old datapack 1.02 with new one ? i'm not speaking about datapack 2.0 because in old one there are two files MatchIdle.json & MatchPause.json inside common\script\flow\Match\ in new datapack 1.02 the folder is gone
SPOT ON mate!!!!!! You just saw an important thing!!!!

View attachment 23154

Notice during short goal-kick, your defenders are inside the box. It's nothing much but certainly add to the immersion. Also deep defensive line is much more useful since your midfielders are positioned closer to your defenders.
It’s a nice touch to have players inside the box at goal kicks. I would to see someone create a mod to be able to take quick goal kicks!!!

Agree, I feel with this update defending is easier as your AI defenders seem to read the game better.
Can’t wait for Sider to be updated and gameplay mods to be generated to add to this generally positive improvement today.

Can‘t say I am very crazy about the update. Only played one match so far in a new ML season on TP so no more than an early impression.

Player reactions are better but there is a certain an ongoing hecticness to everything that feels like an old school ‚mechanical’ PES. Fitting with this is that everything now plays at an even pace again (a tad too fast), there is almost a regular ‚beat‘ to the AI passing that is quite constant, pass, one, pass, two, pass, three, pass, four. I had the feeling there were more natural fluctuations, slow downs, speed ups, wait and scans prior to the patch.

As these things go with patches, I am sure there will be others who will have the exact opposite impressions. Already saw some claim that it was much slower, which I definitely don‘t experience (playing on -1)

Can‘t say I am very crazy about the update. Only played one match so far in a new ML season on TP so no more than an early impression.

Player reactions are better but there is a certain an ongoing hecticness to everything that feels like an old school ‚mechanical’ PES. Fitting with this is that everything now plays at an even pace again (a tad too fast), there is almost a regular ‚beat‘ to the AI passing that is quite constant, pass, one, pass, two, pass, three, pass, four. I had the feeling there were more natural fluctuations, slow downs, speed ups, wait and scans prior to the patch.

As these things go with patches, I am sure there will be others who will have the exact opposite impressions. Already saw some claim that it was much slower, which I definitely don‘t experience (playing on -1)
Regarding the speed, I get what you say. It’s still a bit “arcade-y” and hectic. I feel like the ball has slowed down but the players have sped up. I know sounds silly.
I feel it’s better but still needs improvement. At least it’s a step in the right direction

honestly,its a completly different game. still dont know if its for the better

just looks like they tried to put some things from the demo in the game but kept momentum, scripting, handicap etc

also looks like there are a lot of new bugs

anyway i will never buy another PES again

honestly,its a completly different game. still dont know if its for the better

just looks like they tried to put some things from the demo in the game but kept momentum, scripting, handicap etc

also looks like there are a lot of new bugs

anyway i will never buy another PES again
Or you could just mod the hell out of it. Some good files in the community to get it better. Buying it as it is on the shelf will never be satisfying. Just tweak it with mods, you won’t make it worse

It's the same game. The difference that I saw is that they fix super cancel in online modes. Now it's harder to merge two feints together. It used to be quite easy before, now it is here but it is more difficult and rare. The game looks faster and the graphics downgrade as I mentioned is already, but this is from before the new patch.

Nice patch, more midfield play is apparent to me.

In case anyone is wondering, new faces are showing in old/current ML which was pretty cool.

Tried to play a ranked match online in MyClub with the new patch, as far as I can tell the (worthless) defensive AI has not been fixed and the AI-defenders will happily remain idle and watch balls pass them by that a player in the real world easily would intercept :BRICK:

Back
Top Bottom