eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Problem since the patch - can anyone try it and see if they get the same? Start a new master league and go to the first game. When you forward time to the first match the game crashes. This happens every time. I Thought it might be a sider issue but it does it even when sider isn't running. Anyone else?

Problem since the patch - can anyone try it and see if they get the same? Start a new master league and go to the first game. When you forward time to the first match the game crashes. This happens every time. I Thought it might be a sider issue but it does it even when sider isn't running. Anyone else?

Sure.

It crashes with Sider running.

It does not crash when Sider is not running.

Im running a few cpks and new ML goes to first match no problem (Sider not running).

Maybe try verifying PES 2020 files in Steam.

Could also try starting a new OF and apply the latest Update from Edit menu, that might get you back up and running.

I’ve tried the verifying thing. I’ve got nothing other than sider for edits - the game is basically a clean install other than that and it crashes with or without it running.

Obviously just my problem though if no one else has issues. Will try some other things. Thanks.

I didn't say it was new (I specifically said I hadn't touched it yet this year).
Having your player run beyond the last defender is virtually pointless, they would be offside. Unless you're trying to curve a run back onside and off again to wrong foot a defender, but you certainly aren't triggering that on basic.
I found the ability far more useful on manual than assisted in previous years. Your AI teammates are fairly consistent in making straight runs. it;s the other directions which it's most useful in adding. My favourite in the past was a CM cutting in front of the fowards to either draw one CB or end up free for a header.

The biggest issue is really not having enough buttons/sticks (or hands/fingers) to do what I really want. That's where the joy of playing co-op comes in.

It's actually one of the most powerful features in terms of attacking. When it works the assisted team mate controls will move the player in front on a forward run and what you then need to do is simply time your pass to match his run as he passes the defender. When there is little scripting this is a very effective way to get your player into attacking positions, however when the script decides to shut everything down then what you find happening is one of two things, 1). Initiating the move itself becomes inconsistent (as in it wont flick to the player in front i.e. there is a delay - just enough for that play to break down, funny enough) or 2). The player will make the run but doesn't move past the defender, instead he just sits just in front, again until the play breaks down.

That this happens just highlights the fact that the AI interferes with your controls to govern outcomes when it wants and for me this is fundamentally wrong but it is at the very core of how the game creates competitive interaction. This shouldn't happen, your mistakes should be your own, the AI should not dictate what happens to your players or controls.

It's actually one of the most powerful features in terms of attacking. When it works the assisted team mate controls will move the player in front on a forward run and what you then need to do is simply time your pass to match his run as he passes the defender.
That's not running beyond the defender. That's you passing before they're offside. If you pass too late, they would be offside, so it's only natural that they stop running as they're out of the game until they're back onside.

That's not running beyond the defender. That's you passing before they're offside. If you pass too late, they would be offside, so it's only natural that they stop running as they're out of the game until they're back onside.

I.e. if you make the pass in time, they will run beyond the defender, if you take too long, they will strive to stay onside.

No, with assisted teammate controls the teammate you've controlled is supposed to make a straight darting run past the defender. That's how it works, that's how it's always worked! Where the attacker you flick on further ahead will make a bursting forward run BEYOND the defenders where it's then up to you, the player, to time your pass right. If they don't run past then what the feck is the point of the action because in effect they don't do anything?

I've been using Team mates controls for years with great effect, but only when the AI permits which means when my team start playing 'weird' as in everything suddenly becomes very sluggish and inconsistent (you'll see this ALOT online - AKA scripting), THAT's when what I mentioned earlier will happen (i.e. it refuses change to the player ahead OR the player will not run beyond the defender, like he is supposed too thus nullifying the moves effect!. It's the AI essentially sabotaging your controls, which it does during periods of 'scripting'. It does this in many other subtle ways too!

Though your take on it doesn't even make sense, no offence, if you think the AI doesn't run ahead because it thinks it's offside? Then seriously? Are you for real? That's not even remotely realistic or plausible. A). How the feck would the controlled team mate know he's exactly offside then decide to stop DURING HIS RUN? WhaThaFa!?!?!? Also, B). What sense would this make? and finally C). Why then would my players run offside all the other times (when I don't want them to) when they're so meticulous about not running offside ONLY during the team mate controlled period?

I'm surprised I even put energy into explaining this because what you claim is utter nonsense and I'm sorry if that seems harsh but it is and it looks as though you either don't know how it's supposed to be used or you don't use and/or are learning to.
Also, manual teammate controls is largely rubbish btw, you end up wasting time fighting for control over the assisted player first (as AI tries to wrestle control from you), all wasting the effective time of the moment, and even getting them to run in the simple straight line (effectively as Assisted does) is very actually more demand than it needs to be and thus and not very practical especially given how well assisted does this.

The reason I choose assisted is because of it's effectiveness and simplicity and yes although I forgo some hypothetical freedom (but in reality you don't actually gain any extra options from manual given how it really works) as a trade off it's a no brainer but it's the same as those delusional and somewhat grandiose people who think that using manual controls offers them greater freedom than using Basic or Advanced - again utter nonsense. I've put hundreds of hours into practicing all controls on the practice pitch and I know all pathing patterns/options offered from all shots/passes and I can safely say 100% that you gain nothing from using manual, not a thing, maybe with the exception of bragging rights but other than that you gain no greater degree of control and no extra/different passes or shots. But hey whatever works for people, right?

Last edited:
No, with assisted teammate controls the teammate you've controlled is supposed to make a straight darting run past the defender. That's how it works, that's how it's always worked! Where the attacker you flick on further ahead will make a bursting forward run BEYOND the defenders where it's then up to you, the player, to time your pass right. If they don't run past then what the feck is the point of the action because in effect they don't do anything?

I've been using Team mates controls for years with great effect, but only when the AI permits which means when my team start playing 'weird' as in everything suddenly becomes very sluggish and inconsistent (you'll see this ALOT online - AKA scripting), THAT's when what I mentioned earlier will happen (i.e. it refuses change to the player ahead OR the player will not run beyond the defender, like he is supposed too thus nullifying the moves effect!. It's the AI essentially sabotaging your controls, which it does during periods of 'scripting'. It does this in many other subtle ways too!

Though your take on it doesn't even make sense, no offence, if you think the AI doesn't run ahead because it thinks it's offside? Then seriously? Are you for real? That's not even remotely realistic or plausible. A). How the feck would the controlled team mate know he's exactly offside then decide to stop DURING HIS RUN? WhaThaFa!?!?!? Also, B). What sense would this make? and finally C). Why then would my players run offside all the other times (when I don't want them to) when they're so meticulous about not running offside ONLY during the team mate controlled period?

I'm surprised I even put energy into explaining this because what you claim is utter nonsense and I'm sorry if that seems harsh but it is and it looks as though you either don't know how it's supposed to be used or you use don't it but are learning.
Also, manual teammate controls is largely rubbish btw, you end up wasting time fighting for control over the assisted player first (as AI tries to wrestle control from you), all wasting the effective time of the moment, and even getting them to run in the simple straight (effectively as Assisted does) is very demanding and not very practical given how well assisted does this. So I chose assisted because of it's effectiveness and simplicity and yes I forgo some hypothetical freedom (but you don't really gain any extra options from manual given how it actually works) as a trade off. It's a no brainer but it's the same as those delusional and somewhat grandiose people who think that manual controls offers them more freedom than Basic or Advanced - again nonsense. I've put hundreds of hours into mastering all controls on the practice pitch and I know all the pathing patterns offered from each and I can safely say 100% that you gain nothing from using manual, not a thing, maybe with the exception of bragging that you do but other than that you gain no extra/different passes/shots. But whatever works for people.
Since you made the 'effort', so will I.

Congratulations on your 100s of hours on the practice pitch. I prefer to play ML :)
The players have always run past the defender when you play the ball to them YES. But if you don't make the pass, then it matters not if they run past or stay onside. If this is what's happening, I'm glad they stay onside as it means they're still useful.

For a start, the AI 'knows' it's offside unequivocally if it's offside or not because it is part of the game and the game knows this. However, most decent players know if they run offside or not. It's what they're trained to do. They don't just run blindly forward, Forrest Gump style. They see they've gone offside (or will be offside) and stop the run. If you aren't passing to them until they've passed the last defender (as I originally said), they will be offside.

I don't know why you see them run offside sometimes and not others. While not using teammate controls I've only see them stop runs because they'll be offside and players called offside for drifting off (not making a run) or defenders pushing up. If they are miles offside, I don't pass to them, but that very rarely happens when they make a run and I'm glad of it.

To top it all off. You then decide that people who play with other manual controls are 'delusional' if they think it gives them more freedom. At that point you lose all credibility at making reasoned discourse likely. It takes just a single match, changing to manual passing, to see the huge difference it makes on the game. You don't have to use it and the game can still be great fun. People who use it aren't 'better people' because they use it. But the difference it makes is obvious.

Since you made the 'effort', so will I.

Congratulations on your 100s of hours on the practice pitch. I prefer to play ML :)

A).The players have always run past the defender when you play the ball to them YES. But if you don't make the pass, then it matters not if they run past or stay onside. If this is what's happening, I'm glad they stay onside as it means they're still useful.

B). For a start, the AI 'knows' it's offside unequivocally if it's offside or not because it is part of the game and the game knows this. However, most decent players know if they run offside or not. It's what they're trained to do. They don't just run blindly forward, Forrest Gump style. They see they've gone offside (or will be offside) and stop the run. If you aren't passing to them until they've passed the last defender (as I originally said), they will be offside.

C). I don't know why you see them run offside sometimes and not others. While not using teammate controls I've only see them stop runs because they'll be offside and players called offside for drifting off (not making a run) or defenders pushing up. If they are miles offside, I don't pass to them, but that very rarely happens when they make a run and I'm glad of it.

D). To top it all off. You then decide that people who play with other manual controls are 'delusional' if they think it gives them more freedom. At that point you lose all credibility at making reasoned discourse likely. It takes just a single match, changing to manual passing, to see the huge difference it makes on the game. You don't have to use it and the game can still be great fun. People who use it aren't 'better people' because they use it. But the difference it makes is obvious.

I'll answer your responses in alphabetical order.

Firstly, thanks, the practice is to figure things out and learn what works and what the limitations are. Why practice? Well, some of these things can't really be practiced consistently while playing so it's nice to refine it with the peace and quiet of the practice pitch. Also, what I've noticed about the playing on the practice pitch is that you have maximum advantage, like I explain below, in other words you are effectively allowed to do what you like i.e. controls will work largely as they should. As, I've always said PES is a game that suffers from multiple personality disorder, settings and game modes will have a bearing on the level of scripting involved. For example play a competitive game online Vs a game offline on easy and you'll see two completely different games, and I'm not just talking about difficulty, I'm talking consistency of controls, passes, shots, pathing, player movements/speed, cursor control speed, etc, etc, etc.
I stopped playing Master League a long time ago but when I played it was always fun. I think there was a forward player was called Castello or something who was amazing (if you can remember that far back) - anyway once I realized that the gameplay can often largely depended on the quality of players fielded I stopped - and it's not what you think but actually the reverse! What do I mean? Well, lets say you where to edit a player to 100 everything and then add him to a current team, lets say PSG, well this would actually upset the internal script chemistry and the result would not be that your team play better (with the new supposedly amazing recruit) but actually the opposite it would be detrimental. In other words the AI would actually gives itself more advantage and so you would find matches a little harder than before, if you haven't tested this I recommend you do, but that's not all because the edited player wouldn't even perform in accordance to the additional stats. In fact you won't see any increase over an unedited player which means that editing stats is largely pointless and if you don't believe me then I recommend doing it in a clear black and white manner, take a team and edit them to 100 everything and take another team and reduce their stats to the lowest of everything and play a game, I guarantee there will barely be a difference in fact the team with the lower stats may play better.
It's this internal interference that has been gradually killing the game and moving the game more toward interaction based around AI scripting rather than actual player skill and relative player stats/abilities.

Now onto answering your points...

A). You seem to completely miss what I'm saying. The players DO NOT ALWAYS RUN PAST THE DEFENDER, they are supposed to yes, but they don't always and they don't do it when I said earlier once the scripting kicks in.

Let me quickly explain Assisted Teammate controls so you understand what happens and how I use it. Once I execute the command to the player in front he will begin to make a forward run and as he goes in between defenders, just before offside but still with the advantage of acceleration, I will execute my through-pass/lob and I will find (when it works as it should) my pass finds the sent player in the free space ahead. Ok?
In my mind, that is where the advantage of this ability lies. Now, when the AI decides I'm not allowed to play the way I want (i.e. the scripting kicks in --> players become slower, clumsy, passes don't work/highly inconsistent, surrounding team players don't lend support, cursor doesn't work, AI defenders just take the ball no matter, strange deflections that seem to go back to AI no matter what, AI recovery in tackles superman-like, AI defenders outrunning faster attackers, etc etc etc - I have a name for when this period of play happens, I call it the 'advantage', it happens very blatantly online where your players will for a time play like shit and you are likely to concede a goal - all the basics stop working and it almost feels like a completely different game) the forward player will not run past the last defender like he should, like he normally would, no, in other words he isn't completing the necessary part of the move which makes it effective, in other words the AI is stopping you from using this ability. So if you see your sent player not run past the last defender then something is wrong because this is how the moves works. I'm not sure how you gain any advantage without him running forward to make space, in fact that would mean your forward player does nothing other than maintain his forward run which keeps him behind the defender, how would this create any difference? Or offer you anything different in attack? It doesn't which is why I said your understanding is completely redundant.

B). Of course it does, it's the AI :S Regarding real life players they train to time their runs yes 100% but when you are running forward at full tilt as a player it's hard to know in real time if you are offside - I play as a forward in an amateur league trust me I know, I'm usually looking at other things ^^.

C). When I said other times I'm talking about attacking play outside of using team mate controls. I find while playing my players will often make runs just offside during normal play (this is often down to subtle scripting i.e. delayed passing, but I wont go into that right now) so why would they do this given what you said about them being smart enough to stay onside during the assisted team mate control move (which doesn't actually make sense given that running ahead of the defender is what makes the 'assisted team mate control' move effective).

D). I've tested manual versus the others, it's an utter placebo in terms of believing you gain more pathing, you simply don't. PES has a fixed amount of pathing, it's has some serious limitations, if you don't know this I recommend more time on the training pitch. However, in PES2020 during the right situations (you have to remember that I said this game suffers from split personality) you may see some passes that were not available in other games however there is still a great deal of limitation in terms of pathing so the game isn't evolving as much as people think it's just the passing/shooting in general is fed through an algorithm which decides from a fixed and limited number of available passes/shots which one you are going to get and this is determined by the scripting situation, so if the advantage against you is heavy you find will your shots/passes short, linear, and perhaps off a little. Whereas repeat that all things equal but this time YOU have the scripting advantage and you'll see a pass/shot more in line with what you had envisioned, it may even seem new or unique - the higher the advantage level the more new and unique the shot/pass but the pool from which this is drawn is fixed and, which is the main problem for me, you have no control over the consistency. So you might think one time "WOW did you see that pass I did", then two seconds later all things equal you do something completely different, something worse - so there is no consistency. But hey, and a lot of people do, you could argue "but that's football" and it would be a fair point, but this isn't football, it's a computer game and skill should govern not the AI, your mistakes and plays should be your own but that's not how this game works, and it's done in a very subtle way. Going back to the previous point though about saying that the random nature happens in football, the problem with how it's done in PES is that it's not random but carefully controlled by the AI so you'll see patterns emerge in this 'randomness' and thats where the game really falls down.

P.S. This is probably the most realistic looking and feeling PES ever made but it's also the most scripting and the one where you have the least amount of real control.

Last edited:
Tried the patch tonight for first time, enjoyed it a lot. Must admit

Player switching and reactions worked fine, better midfield battles now, too. Happy tbh

I'll answer your responses in alphabetical order.

Firstly, thanks, the practice is to figure things out and learn what works and what the limitations are. Why practice? Well, some of these things can't really be practiced consistently while playing so it's nice to refine it with the peace and quiet of the practice pitch. Also, what I've noticed about the playing on the practice pitch is that you have maximum advantage, like I explain below, in other words you are effectively allowed to do what you like i.e. controls will work largely as they should. As, I've always said PES is a game that suffers from multiple personality disorder, settings and game modes will have a bearing on the level of scripting involved. For example play a competitive game online Vs a game offline on easy and you'll see two completely different games, and I'm not just talking about difficulty, I'm talking consistency of controls, passes, shots, pathing, player movements/speed, cursor control speed, etc, etc, etc.
I stopped playing Master League a long time ago but when I played it was always fun. I think there was a forward player was called Castello or something who was amazing (if you can remember that far back) - anyway once I realized that the gameplay can often largely depended on the quality of players fielded I stopped - and it's not what you think but actually the reverse! What do I mean? Well, lets say you where to edit a player to 100 everything and then add him to a current team, lets say PSG, well this would actually upset the internal script chemistry and the result would not be that your team play better (with the new supposedly amazing recruit) but actually the opposite it would be detrimental. In other words the AI would actually gives itself more advantage and so you would find matches a little harder than before, if you haven't tested this I recommend you do, but that's not all because the edited player wouldn't even perform in accordance to the additional stats. In fact you won't see any increase over an unedited player which means that editing stats is largely pointless and if you don't believe me then I recommend doing it in a clear black and white manner, take a team and edit them to 100 everything and take another team and reduce their stats to the lowest of everything and play a game, I guarantee there will barely be a difference in fact the team with the lower stats may play better.
It's this internal interference that has been gradually killing the game and moving the game more toward interaction based around AI scripting rather than actual player skill and relative player stats/abilities.

Now onto answering your points...

A). You seem to completely miss what I'm saying. The players DO NOT ALWAYS RUN PAST THE DEFENDER, they are supposed to yes, but they don't always and they don't do it when I said earlier once the scripting kicks in.

Let me quickly explain Assisted Teammate controls so you understand what happens and how I use it. Once I execute the command to the player in front he will begin to make a forward run and as he goes in between defenders, just before offside but still with the advantage of acceleration, I will execute my through-pass/lob and I will find (when it works as it should) my pass finds the sent player in the free space ahead. Ok?
In my mind, that is where the advantage of this ability lies. Now, when the AI decides I'm not allowed to play the way I want (i.e. the scripting kicks in --> players become slower, clumsy, passes don't work/highly inconsistent, surrounding team players don't lend support, cursor doesn't work, AI defenders just take the ball no matter, strange deflections that seem to go back to AI no matter what, AI recovery in tackles superman-like, AI defenders outrunning faster attackers, etc etc etc - I have a name for when this period of play happens, I call it the 'advantage', it happens very blatantly online where your players will for a time play like shit and you are likely to concede a goal - all the basics stop working and it almost feels like a completely different game) the forward player will not run past the last defender like he should, like he normally would, no, in other words he isn't completing the necessary part of the move which makes it effective, in other words the AI is stopping you from using this ability. So if you see your sent player not run past the last defender then something is wrong because this is how the moves works. I'm not sure how you gain any advantage without him running forward to make space, in fact that would mean your forward player does nothing other than maintain his forward run which keeps him behind the defender, how would this create any difference? Or offer you anything different in attack? It doesn't which is why I said your understanding is completely redundant.

B). Of course it does, it's the AI :S Regarding real life players they train to time their runs yes 100% but when you are running forward at full tilt as a player it's hard to know in real time if you are offside - I play as a forward in an amateur league trust me I know, I'm usually looking at other things ^^.

C). When I said other times I'm talking about attacking play outside of using team mate controls. I find while playing my players will often make runs just offside during normal play (this is often down to subtle scripting i.e. delayed passing, but I wont go into that right now) so why would they do this given what you said about them being smart enough to stay onside during the assisted team mate control move (which doesn't actually make sense given that running ahead of the defender is what makes the 'assisted team mate control' move effective).

D). I've tested manual versus the others, it's an utter placebo in terms of believing you gain more pathing, you simply don't. PES has a fixed amount of pathing, it's has some serious limitations, if you don't know this I recommend more time on the training pitch. However, in PES2020 during the right situations (you have to remember that I said this game suffers from split personality) you may see some passes that were not available in other games however there is still a great deal of limitation in terms of pathing so the game isn't evolving as much as people think it's just the passing/shooting in general is fed through an algorithm which decides from a fixed and limited number of available passes/shots which one you are going to get and this is determined by the scripting situation, so if the advantage against you is heavy you find will your shots/passes short, linear, and perhaps off a little. Whereas repeat that all things equal but this time YOU have the scripting advantage and you'll see a pass/shot more in line with what you had envisioned, it may even seem new or unique - the higher the advantage level the more new and unique the shot/pass but the pool from which this is drawn is fixed and, which is the main problem for me, you have no control over the consistency. So you might think one time "WOW did you see that pass I did", then two seconds later all things equal you do something completely different, something worse - so there is no consistency. But hey, and a lot of people do, you could argue "but that's football" and it would be a fair point, but this isn't football, it's a computer game and skill should govern not the AI, your mistakes and plays should be your own but that's not how this game works, and it's done in a very subtle way. Going back to the previous point though about saying that the random nature happens in football, the problem with how it's done in PES is that it's not random but carefully controlled by the AI so you'll see patterns emerge in this 'randomness' and thats where the game really falls down.

P.S. This is probably the most realistic looking and feeling PES ever made but it's also the most scripting and the one where you have the least amount of real control.
I'm aware what the conveyor of practice means, thanks. I didn't say you were wing to do it. I just said I prefer to spend my time playing ML.

If you want to change your tune and say you were complaining about the difficulty level handicapping that occurs in the game, fine. But that has nothing to do with your insistence that players never make runs properly, or that players being offside is what you want. You were also never talking about handicapping before. We were specifically talking about teammate controls first of all, then you veered on to PA0 being imaginary and now you say you were talking about handicapping all along?

Okay fine.

You also want to claim that due to handicapping, PA0 is a placebo? You are very much mistaken I'm afraid. I've now played 6 seasons of ML on a couple of different games using a couple of different difficulty levels. Scripting certainly kicks in at times and it is obvious when it does. But no matter how much handicapping is active, PA0 is still markedly different from assisted passing.

Also, even with very high handicapping, you can still get away from a defender with the right shift of weight and change of pace. Be it playing with superstars Vs superstars, rubbish versus rubbish or anything in between. Is quite noticeable if you play in any mode, however ML is good to see it's progression. Especially if you start with a 1.5 🌟 team and work your way up. It's noticeable with each improved player in the team and what extra things you can now do with them.

Stats certainly matter, even in the ML. I've done plenty of experimenting with alterations in player stats as I've built and entirely randomised database which actually has more extremes of variety of player than you'll likely have seen before in the game.

I didn't say they don't make runs and stop, or continue offside in normal play. I said I've not used teammate controls this year (only every previous year). But one last time. You don't actually want players running offside. You want to pass to them before then or they are out of the game. So it's great if they don't run offside when you use the teammate controls.
However I suspect that if you time your pass right you'll find they actually continue the run just like you want. However, just like what happens in normal play, if you pass too late, either the player will check their run (you broke their momentum by making them wait) or they may end up offside and your pass will just lose you possession. You don't want players continuing a run once offside. That only hurts your play.

Last edited:
I'm aware what the conveyor of practice means, thanks. I didn't say you were wing to do it. I just said I prefer to spend my time playing ML.

If you want to change your tune and say you were complaining about the difficulty level handicapping that occurs in the game, fine. But that has nothing to do with your insistence that players never make runs properly, or that players being offside is what you want. You were also never talking about handicapping before. We were specifically talking about teammate controls first of all, then you veered on to PA0 being imaginary and now you say you were talking about handicapping all along?

Okay fine.

You also want to claim that due to handicapping, PA0 is a placebo? You are very much mistaken I'm afraid. I've now played 6 seasons of ML on a couple of different games using a couple of different difficulty levels. Scripting certainly kicks in at times and it is obvious when it does. But no matter how much handicapping is active, PA0 is still markedly different from assisted passing.

Also, even with very high handicapping, you can still get away from a defender with the right shift of weight and change of pace. Be it playing with superstars Vs superstars, rubbish versus rubbish or anything in between. Is quite noticeable if you play in any mode, however ML is good to see it's progression. Especially if you start with a 1.5 🌟 team and work your way up. It's noticeable with each improved player in the team and what extra things you can now do with them.

Stats certainly matter, even in the ML. I've done plenty of experimenting with alterations in player stats as I've built and entirely randomised database which actually has more extremes of variety of player than you'll likely have seen before in the game.

I didn't say they don't make runs and stop, or continue offside in normal play. I said I've not used teammate controls this year (only every previous year). But one last time. You don't actually want players running offside. You want to pass to them before then or they are out of the game. So it's great if they don't run offside when you use the teammate controls.
However I suspect that if you time your pass right you'll find they actually continue the run just like you want. However, just like what happens in normal play, if you pass too late, either the player will check their run (you broke their momentum by making them wait) or they may end up offside and your pass will just lose you possession. You don't want players continuing a run once offside. That only hurts your play.
I didn't mean to seem facetious, if I did then I apologize. Remember this isn't me versus you, this is me Versus the changes Konami have made to the series overall, and where the gameplay is heading.

P.S. What is PAO again?

Hi all! Just a (very stupid) question.
PES 2020 worked for me this morning (latest version + latest DLC).

I tried to download the "first" version to compare it, so I did this:
  • Opened Steam Console
  • Launched the depot download I found here (the command is below):
    download_depot 996470 996471 4740911837254756499
  • Once finished, I located the depot files (which are indeed the "old version" ones and moved them in the PES 2020 folder (deleting everything first).
  • I deleted all the PES 2020 content in the "My Documents" folder too (willing to really start from scratch here)
Now the game opens, but the screen stays black no-matter-what. The "current" version still works fine (I kept the files as I thought I could switch between the two "at will"). 😒
Do I need to do something also to the manifest?

Thanks!

Okay fine.

I think you misunderstand my point on PA, it's not that there isn't a difference between all three, there is. It's that on the grander scale of things you gain no extra pathing from using manual over assisted, or semi. In other words you are still restricted to the games limited linear pathing system whether you use Assisted, Manual, or Semi - the game will draw from a fixed pool of passes, so manual does not deviate from this or allow you any greater freedom given these pathing limitations.

Regarding stats, they really don't mean a thing. They might within your game mode (ML) because you're sticking with the game's stock players (which haven't been edited) so yes in this regard a player with better stats can improve the overall team. But what I'm saying is that when you edit stats they mean nothing. Furthermore, when the script dictates, your player will not react/move in relation to the set stats, for example you may have a quick forward with 100 Accel and 100 speed and he goes up against a defender with 70 Accel and 70 Speed and the defender will blow you away. That's the problem, the game overrides everything when it wants, so in effect you're at the mercy of the AI/scripting.

The problem is consistency and PES doesn't have it.

its such a turn off when you score because you aimed forward and pressed triangle
and all of that freedom of movement, increase in randomness in players collisions etc its just being used to make the game even more scripted and thus reduce skill gap

One post will do , spam warning.Suggest You give it a rest.
You made no impact, other than being an annoyance.

no problem i delete all the posts and will not post anymore. was just looking to vent my frustrations with the game but will not bother anyone anymore

Playing PES you NEED somewhere to vent. That's where pesfan forum was GOLD because we were having banter left right and centre whilst another section of the forum was trying to influence the country's political voting. LOL.

Konami influence got that place shut down. Without a place like that to vent I would've gone mad - so I decided to step away from MyCLub too.

I now see it helped me a lot to get past my MyClub addiction I had at the time.

Take this game lightly/casually and you'll see the good in the game.

Take it seriously and you'll be really frustrated like I used to be.

I’ve tried the verifying thing. I’ve got nothing other than sider for edits - the game is basically a clean install other than that and it crashes with or without it running.

Obviously just my problem though if no one else has issues. Will try some other things. Thanks.
Got that same exact issue, not sure how to fix, have you found a solution ?

Playing PES you NEED somewhere to vent. That's where pesfan forum was GOLD because we were having banter left right and centre whilst another section of the forum was trying to influence the country's political voting. LOL.

Konami influence got that place shut down. Without a place like that to vent I would've gone mad - so I decided to step away from MyCLub too.

I now see it helped me a lot to get past my MyClub addiction I had at the time.

Take this game lightly/casually and you'll see the good in the game.

Take it seriously and you'll be really frustrated like I used to be.
its ok, i just wont post anymore on the forums to not bother anyone anymore (the guy its a mod and its here since 04 so...)
maybe will just come by and download some stuff every now and then

I think you misunderstand my point on PA, it's not that there isn't a difference between all three, there is. It's that on the grander scale of things you gain no extra pathing from using manual over assisted, or semi. In other words you are still restricted to the games limited linear pathing system whether you use Assisted, Manual, or Semi - the game will draw from a fixed pool of passes, so manual does not deviate from this or allow you any greater freedom given these pathing limitations.

Regarding stats, they really don't mean a thing. They might within your game mode (ML) because you're sticking with the game's stock players (which haven't been edited) so yes in this regard a player with better stats can improve the overall team. But what I'm saying is that when you edit stats they mean nothing. Furthermore, when the script dictates, your player will not react/move in relation to the set stats, for example you may have a quick forward with 100 Accel and 100 speed and he goes up against a defender with 70 Accel and 70 Speed and the defender will blow you away. That's the problem, the game overrides everything when it wants, so in effect you're at the mercy of the AI/scripting.

The problem is consistency and PES doesn't have it.

No, I understood exactly what you said, it's just you are unequivocally wrong. You might enjoy repeating yourself, but I've said what I wanted to and shan't say it again.

I have I5 3550P , GTX 1050TI 16 GB RAM,, i know my processor is old and i play on minimum details, but when i pplay my players are so slow , so when i play oponent kill me with speed,, i have also fifa 20 and play and work like charm?? How to solve this

There is a huge difference between manual and assisted passing. If you didn't feel more freedom, maybe you should test it more. Small differences in direction of the pass generates different results .With assisted passing the game will make adjustments in the path trying to find a teammate. And that is why i think konami should remove PA2 and PA3, basically the game plays for you.

What really bothers me the most, is the far too defensive behavior of the opponent. Here Konami MUST definitely improve. When I'm attacking, the opponent regularly runs into the 5 meter space behind my other attackers, that's crazy!

Back
Top Bottom